Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4423689 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2016
mitchyy:

Thanks. I finally got a manual pump. Still trying to get the hang of it though
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 5:14am On Jul 16, 2016
mitchyy:

Thanks. I finally got a manual pump. Still trying to get the hang of it though
ok, that's great
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:45am On Jul 16, 2016
babythug:

Maybe you change his sleep wear to a body suit with socks. Have a light flannel on hand so if it gets cold you cover immediately. Are you sure the room is airy enough?
He sleeps with body suit and trouser with socks.
I always have d flannel @hand. but cover him for 5 mins, he will be sweating on his hand.
Yes the room is airy enough, and now he has been battling with cold (cough and cattarh) for two weeks.
The sweat is only on his back, that's d reason for my worry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:57am On Jul 16, 2016
helovesme:

He's hot na. That's why he's sweating.

The weather might be okay to you but it's warm/humid for him. grin this happens to my hubby, son and I. Hubby think house is cold and wants the heating on, meanwhile son and I are both feeling hot and we want the windows wide open. grin

So it's best you get a standing fan, A/C or open the windows.

Is his bed sheet cotton or silk or polyester? Cotton might be best for him as the rest might be one of the reasons why he sweats so much.
Ma, the window is always opened but with curtain down, though curtain is light, but the ventilation is okay.
Only on his back, we sleep on the same bed and bed sheet is cotton stuff. though we sleep under mosquito net, but I don't think that should be d cause.
Actually I closed d window that is directly to us for d fear of inhaling too much cold @nite. But now, I will be opening it at time.
Thanks ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:02am On Jul 16, 2016
cherrymum1:

Yes o. Happens to my baby too. I don't wear sleeping suit for her also again. I wear her a light singlet and free top with free trouser. She still gets wet sometimes and I still Chang her. I don't think anything is wrong. As my mama will say "Na their way, they always come up with something and their God always protects them". But pls always cover him still because that their sweat Na fake. When they start sneezing and coughing now, u will be wondering that is it not the same person that is always sweating?

God bless our Bundles of Joy.... Much love to ur DS.
As if u know, he is battling with cold now o, O su mi jare.
I will always cover him up.
Plenty kissssses to his name sake (Olamide)
Amen to d prayer.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:05am On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks lovely mamas for d response, they ease my worries. God bless u all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davdamo: 9:52am On Jul 16, 2016
ma'am,

I think it's your body's way of reacting to the implant.

I'm also on the same implant, the reaction for me is weight loss ( and slight headache which isnt all the time)so I have to up my food intake.

As you said it's one of the side effects, what else can you look into to use especially cos of your baby? If the side effects are really bad such that it doesn't improve after six months, talk with your doctor about switching to something that works better for you. Just make sure to stay protected by starting a new method immediately.

I would suggest also checking other natural things to use to clear it

Sabi mama's will help torchlight this issue . All is well[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davdamo: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2016
Mama pls help me touchlight this matter o before i head to the hospital and remove this implant.

Is weight loss part of the side effects of implant?
Does it stop menstruation?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:21am On Jul 16, 2016
For everyone asking for Dove Sensitive soap, go to Park n Shop in VI or ask someone to pick it up for you from there. That is the easiest place to get it. And it's cheaper than the N850 price that I saw in someone's picture here, it's N500 there for a double bar.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
Amhappy:

See pics. Sabi mamas abeg help ftm cc lovinam,cherrymum
Am happy, kpele. Its very very annoying and fustrating. My son has had 3 episodes of this. What worked for me, I changed his soap to baby sebamed and used savlon in his bath water and also to rinse his clothes. After his bath, I rub a mixture of baby tribotan and vegas(one mama advised it here and it worked) and then agnesia powder on it. Heat aggravates it too so try to keep it airy. After its gone, it leaves spots but with time it fades out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
Liftedhands:
Na the bastard be that .

Lolz at na the bastard be that,make una no use laugh tear my belle abeg

Contem2011,in addition to other mamas contribution,make sure you sundry his clothes.since I stated sundrying my babies cloth I noticed reduction in rashes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
dexterush:

Lolz at na the bastard be that,make una no use laugh tear my belle abeg

Comtem2011,in addition to other mamas contribution,make sure you sundry his clothes.since I stated sundrying my babies cloth I noticed reduction in rashes
its Amhappys baby!
Comtem is sweating.

Laugh my sister that ish can be so annoying.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
Liftedhands:
its Amhappys baby!
Comtem is sweating.

Laugh my sister that ish can be so annoying.

Oh,my bad. Thanks for the correction dear
Yes oh very annoying,coupled with the fact that it itches,making the poor babies look helpless.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
davdamo:
Mama pls help me touchlight this matter o before i head to the hospital and remove this implant.

Is weight loss part of the side effects of implant?
Does it stop menstruation?

Have not had my menses since the implant and you know how people talk that its either one adds weight/looses when one does family planning.

That's why I think mine tuned to weight loss.

reade more here: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/birth-control-implant-implanon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davdamo: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
[quote author=dunasy post=4760521

Have not had my menses since the implant and you know how people talk that its either one adds weight/looses when one does family planning.

That's why I think mine tuned to weight loss.

reade more here: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/birth-control-implant-implanon[/quote]

Thanks mama for this link because you just relieved me off my fears, i was already thinking something is wrong with my body but now i know better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
davdamo:

you are welcome ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 11:14am On Jul 17, 2016
Cc zaynie pls could u prescribe dat cough remedy for me again? My 5months DS has been coughing for two days tho he doesn't have any fever or body weakness, just cough and phlegm.

PS IV given him emzolyn cough syrup and vitamin c. Still observing him tho
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2016
quick question please. where we are staying now we dont have light there,can i use hot drink as (schnapps)alternative to preservative
rofemiguwa:

Very interested in this case.
Well lemme tell u wat i did,we r in da same both.
I read one old wive tale that taking uda water immediately after kpekus is how dy controlled conception those days.
Just boil uda seeds(if u r not igbo i dont know d english name) then sieve and drink d warm water immediately after kpekus.noting will happen.when u r ready to take in u just stop.although by then ur af will have returned.then u can plan ur cycle.
Well for now am taking chances with uda water.other mamas can give us advice too.

Well found dis in my kitchen.dis is uda.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
nazablossom:
quick question please. where we are staying now we dont have light there,can i use hot drink as (schnapps)alternative to preservative
Is condom not cheaper than that ogogoro? You are a breastfeeding mum while do you want to load your system with alcohol? Don't you know your baby will get the alcohol thru breast milk?

You can make the uda (thats if u are sure it works) as at when needed and consume since you don't have light to cook it in bulk and refrigerate.

Unless you meant to use it for something else.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
nazablossom:
Dunno.alternative is make d uda water everytime
After d show,go to kitchen put uda in a pot n boil.den sieve n drink.dts wat i do.
Seriously hope it works.dou the reviews v bin great but those guys might jus b lucky. angry
Kipin hope alive dou grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
rofemiguwa:

After d show,go to kitchen put uda in a pot n boil.den sieve n drink.dts wat i do.
Seriously hope it works.dou the reviews v bin great but those guys might jus b lucky. angry
ok. i will be preparing it after the deed then. thanks a lot and kisses to your lo
@Liftedhands,dh refused condom and i am afraid of the female condom,i will do as rofemiguwa suggested, no ogogoro again. thanks and kisses to ekene
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enkaydewdrop(f): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Ah! Holy Ghost! cry cry cry

Shey no be belle you and nazablossom wan carry so?
Are you sure of this uda water?

Na triplets una go born this time oh...
Kikikikikikikikikikkikikikikiki!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

kikikikikikikikikikikiki!!! you are welcome to make a suggestion oo,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enkaydewdrop(f): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
nazablossom:
kikikikikikikikikikikiki!!! you are welcome to make a suggestion oo,

Mbok, no mind me oh...
Wetin I know?

Just looking out for you...
grin kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Mbok, no mind me oh...
Wetin I know?

Just looking out for you...
grin kiss
owkay , thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
LegitDiva:
Cc zaynie pls could u prescribe dat cough remedy for me again? My 5months DS has been coughing for two days tho he doesn't have any fever or body weakness, just cough and phlegm.

PS IV given him emzolyn cough syrup and vitamin c. Still observing him tho

Zaynie wrote: "get a bowl with a lid ( I used that tiny Gerber glass jar)
- crush a cube of sugar in it ( the woman insisted it should be St Louis o).
- add palmoil to it so that it is neither too thick nor too loose.
Give him half a spoon.
The coughing will subside for like 2-3 hours.
Let me know whether it works or not so I can either shut my mouth or spread the gospel ."

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
[quote author=meenagiggs post=47640217]

Give him half a spoon.
Let me know whether it works or not so I can either shut my mouth or spread the gospel ."
[/quots
It does oh,my babies were having cough for more than two weeks,even after giving them the drugs prescribed to us(which only acted as sleeping tablet),it was even getting worse,I decided to use zaynie's recipe. In less than four days the cough stopped completely. So my sister biko spread the gospel

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Abeg no triplet for ds buhari era oo
Na by faith tinz o.afterall dy say he work for our grandmama dem.den someone actually studied it as a project n posted results on mamalette.com.

Cant get any hormonal stuff.cd no follow.jus started childbearing,don't wanna insert anytin that will mk me start ttcing when m ready.

Natural methods till i close book then i can do any insertion n deal with d effects.
Uda shud work ooo.shebi na wetin dy use clean belle after child birth.i believe in uda grin cool
Hw u n baby dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by raptor2: 9:45am On Jul 18, 2016
Waoh. ......
Thank God l don port to this thread.although l dey peep sometimes grin grin
ABEG as l come l come with questions oooo
House Good morning. ...

Please Sabi Mamas make una help me torch Light this matter. My lil Princess that is 3 weeks old is having stomach pains . Please I don't know if its colic or lactose intolerance. Once she finish feeding she squeezes and makes noise like one in pains. She Streches her hands and legs and at the same Gas out.
She is on both breast milk and Formula
ABEG help a mama as am not happy seeing her in pains

Cc DrAda

And all sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 10:04am On Jul 18, 2016
FexCathy:

Am happy, kpele. Its very very annoying and fustrating. My son has had 3 episodes of this. What worked for me, I changed his soap to baby sebamed and used savlon in his bath water and also to rinse his clothes. After his bath, I rub a mixture of baby tribotan and vegas(one mama advised it here and it worked) and then agnesia powder on it. Heat aggravates it too so try to keep it airy. After its gone, it leaves spots but with time it fades out.
Thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2016
meenagiggs:

Give him half a spoon.

thanks meenagiggs , i pray and hope it works.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2016
Thanks mamas God bless you. She's almost 2weeks. I will step up on the advices. Already using bebe tribotan

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.