Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404101 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 1:54am On Jul 28, 2016
GodMercy2015:
Good evening mamas in the house, officially registering myself. May mama that ported to April. Baby boy is now 3months. Abeg mamas is anything called over weight in babies cause my lo now weighs 8.2kg at 3months. He is on formula and breast milk.

Choi!
I carry yansh for u
I don't mind going ur root ooo.
Just hint me on d kind of formula u go wt.

Kudos!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 1:59am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=ahnie post=47952368][/quote]

Mummy Faithful

Jesus Jesus Jesus + fire fire fire
Hahaha no mind me abeg
Dat stuff makes me laugh each time I think of it
Tnx 4 helping out always.
Chop kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:00am On Jul 28, 2016
angry grin
ginababy:

Mummy Faithful

Jesus Jesus Jesus + fire fire fire
Hahaha no mind me abeg
Dat stuff makes me laugh each time I think of it
Tnx 4 helping out always.
Chop kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 4:44am On Jul 28, 2016
GodMercy2015:
Good evening mamas in the house, officially registering myself. May mama that ported to April. Baby boy is now 3months. Abeg mamas is anything called over weight in babies cause my lo now weighs 8.2kg at 3months. He is on formula and breast milk.

I think your baby is overweight and you might need to change his feeding routine. I totally agree with AlphaHandMaiden. Have you checked the growth chart to see what percentile he falls into?

My son's birth weight is close to yours (4.1kg), however, he weighed the 8kg mark at around 6months and yes, hubby and I are tall and I can't be described as skinny.

To start with, what formula is your baby on? As with all brands, some are better than others while some have higher sugar/calorie contents than others. For example, I have read comments here from mums that have condemned the Peak Milk brand of formula (peak 123) as being too sweet. Check the formula's tin for its contents and compare with other brands. Then decide whether or not to switch or stick to the same brand.

Secondly, since you are on combination feeding (breast milk and formula), you should reduce the number of bottles he gets a day. I think 4 bottles a day should be okay depending on your schedule (full time mum, working mum, etc). At his age, he should be feeding averagely 2-3hours.

The trick is this - try and breast feed him anytime you are with him. For example, if you are off to work at 8am and back home by 6pm, what you should feed him between 6.01pm and 7.59am is strictly breast milk. With this schedule, when he is not with you between 8am - 6pm, he should drink at most 4 bottles of formula especially if you are giving him the right quantity per feed and if he feeds an average 2-3 hours in addition to giving him just plain warm water at least once between these times. Basically, the period he is not with you, then he should be on formula.

Weekends should be strictly breast milk (except maybe when you are out and you are not keen on breastfeeding publicly).

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:00am On Jul 28, 2016
ginababy:
I salute all the mamas in the house.

Pls help me touch light dis mata abeg.

Is it right to formula feed my baby all tru d night? We r just 6wks old.
Secondly, my ds's stomach rumbles soo much n he poos only ones a day n fart a lot. Shud I b worry + wat do I need to do?

Cc all the sabi mamas

Are you also breastfeeding?

As much as I am a big fan of combination feeding, personally I do not give formula at night and that's because I'm too tired/sleepy cool grin to get up and start preparing his milk. So I just breastfeed till he sleeps. I "co-sleep" so it makes its a lot easier for me. The only exception is if my hubby or a relative is willing to do the bottle drama.

However, if you do not mind waking up to sort his bottles, there's nothing wrong in giving him formula at night. Make sure it's the right quantity that will fill him up.

Feed on demand. If he wakes and he's crying, check to be sure it's not his diaper as crying doesn't necessarily mean hunger. Sometimes all a baby needs is a cuddle or just a change of sleep position.

There's nothing wrong with one poo a day. What matters the most is that he's not constipated. Always check the consistency of his poo and the colour as they are always telltale signs.

I think the rumbling shouldn't be a cause for concern. At this stage, his digestive system is gradually expanding. Just make sure you give him warm water often as it helps with bowel movements since he's being formula fed.

Regarding farting - make sure you burp him after each feed and also bottle feed him correctly. Check online on how to properly bottle feed a baby (that is holding the bottle, et al) to ensure he's not sucking air.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:24am On Jul 28, 2016
Shinin2011:
thanks so much mamas zaynie and helovesme

pls help me @zaynie with the local name of the fenugreek plant/seed and the possible places I can find it in Nigeria

I have no idea but I do know a seller.
Whatsapp : 08168595034

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2016
Sharon6:
Good evening Sabi Mamas, it's been a while and the twins says hi.
The twins will be 6 months on the 10th of August, funny how time flies and I'll like to know when babies legs are strong enough for a walker. Make una help me table the matter.

I wait till my baby starts to crawl or hold on to things.
Also my kind of crawler has this foot rest so her feet doesn't touch the floor or hand, it's more like she's sitting.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:31am On Jul 28, 2016
IryNky:
Mamas I greet oh. Pls do child spacing drugs cease menses. Just confused

It does. It tampers with your cycle.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2016
ginababy:
I salute all the mamas in the house.

Pls help me touch light dis mata abeg.

Is it right to formula feed my baby all tru d night? We r just 6wks old.
Secondly, my ds's stomach rumbles soo much n he poos only ones a day n fart a lot. Shud I b worry + wat do I need to do?

Cc all the sabi mamas

This was my way when I did combination feeding with Atinuke. We started at 40 days.
-Breastfeed all thru the night.
- cos I am weak when I wake up, formula feeding to gain my strength.
- water in between formula feeding. She drinks like 120ml of water everyday. The formula feeding was like 4-5 hours apart; sleep, water and breastmilk filled the gap.
- formula feeding just before bed. Breastmilk all thru the night.

My formula was one scoop less, one feed more.
Since recommended feeding was 6 times daily, I slashed that by 2 cos we were combining.
So cos I went one scoop less, I upped it to 4 feedings rather than 3.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2016
Gigihealth:
Diaper rash treatments can be carried out by keeping your baby's skin as dry and clean and dry at all times. A diaper rash is a common form of skin inflammation which appears as a patchwork of bright red skin on your baby's bottom. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/diaper-rash-treatments-what-does-it-look-like/

so my DS suddenly developed this horrible looking diaper rashes cos he had a few episodes of running stomach and since im at work during the day im not exactly sure his caregivers checked his diapers as often as i asked them to.

these rashes are ugly i tell u and in my desperation i used WHITE VINEGAR to rub his bitss, like 2-3 times in the day, i guess it hurt him a little or so cos he screamed a bit and then stopped (i felt extremely guilty), suprisingly the rashes started to dry up after a few hours and before the next day it was completely dry and out. His butt is now as fresh as new....(lol).

PS: im making this confession here cos i cant tell it to my DH (he will strangle me) lol.

crazy things we do ...God forgive me.

LOVE U ALL my e-family

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:17am On Jul 28, 2016
Hullo again! Here with some more ideas about toddler meals or solids.

In addition to all the sweet potatoes, avocados and co, introduce fruit and spices to your baby. From 6 months, there are a lot of safe, nutritious spices. Because baby food (the westerneised ones we are used to) is very bland. And I think that's why babies vex and suddenly refuse to eat anything.

Try Quaker oats, add a pinch of salt when cooking it (to reduce the amount of sugar needed to sweeten it), add cinnamon, milk and grate fresh pear inside it. You can add a small bit of honey if the child is over 12 months.

Boiled plantain with lightly tried tomatoes, pepper and beef.

Banana, flour and eggs mashed together and pour into a frypan with butter to make pancakes. Serve with butter.

For Oatmeal cookies, add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Add oats; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie or 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie.

Rice, stew, with mixed veggies and add slices of apple (boil it in the rice). Or cook turkey with Apple and green beans and grate carrots over it. Add a touch of nutmeg.

Eggs with milk and small ginger. Garlic is good too.

Moin-moin is not bad either. And wheat bread with mayonnaise. Also, give lots of fruits but avoid too many acidic fruits for now (Orange, pineapple, strawberries, raw tomatoes).

Look up Indian and Mexican food ideas because our food resembles them more than American and British food (which is what you find more on sites like Babyentre). And those sites will make recommendations like Broccoli and Cauliflower, which in Nigeria is horrendously expensive (N1400 per head of Broccoli alone) and your child may not even like it. You can buy it once in a while and use it for the entire house (stirfry) but I personally won't do it weekly. And it doesn't store well (maybe because it's not fresh when it's flown in). I've tried.

Forgot to add: Chicken and meat stock is really good for kids. I add it to scrambled egg. However, I don't cook with Maggi so you may want to have that in mind.

And you can eat all these as well. I know my fridge can be filled with rather repetitive meals and I get bored, Himself gets bored and Baby E gets bored. So we try new stuff.

12 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2016
onegai thanks for sharing. i will try some of them - especially the oats.

i know my son likes oatcakes but i just never thought about giving him quaker oats.

chinese meals are also a hit. earlier this week, i gave my son chinese noodles stirfry (without spices and soy sauce but i used egg noodles, olive oil, chicken, prawns and mixed veg) and i was amazed on how much he enjoyed it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:56am On Jul 28, 2016
LegitDiva:

so my DS suddenly developed this horrible looking diaper rashes cos he had a few episodes of running stomach and since im at work during the day im not exactly sure his caregivers checked his diapers as often as i asked them to.

these rashes are ugly i tell u and in my desperation i used WHITE VINEGAR to rub his bitss, like 2-3 times in the day, i guess it hurt him a little or so cos he screamed a bit and then stopped (i felt extremely guilty), suprisingly the rashes started to dry up after a few hours and before the next day it was completely dry and out. His butt is now as fresh as new....(lol).

PS: im making this confession here cos i cant tell it to my DH (he will strangle me) lol.

crazy things we do ...God forgive me.

LOVE U ALL my e-family

hahahahah. i can relate to this.

my own confession is zaynie's palmoil recipe for cough.

my son had a cough and i told hubby that i want to give him palmoil+sugar as i read it cures cough. my hubby was like shocked shocked shocked ''are you for real''? ''palmoil ke''. ''do you know palmoil is high in saturated fats and its not healthy for a baby''. ''don't try it''. ''if he ends up in A&E, i will tell the doc that i never gave you consent'', ''if anything goes wrong after your palmoil concotion and we are accused of endangering our child, you are on your own oh. i won't follow you to the police station'' grin grin grin

anyways, behind his back, i tried it and it worked. the cough stopped. i won't lie though, i was scared and i kept checking my son to see if he would throw up, etc grin grin grin

if hubby ever finds out, i wee just point to zaynie's direction tongue

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
helovesme:

hahahahah. i can relate to this.

my own confession is zaynie's palmoil recipe for cough.

my son had a cough and i told hubby that i want to give him palmoil+sugar as i read it cures cough. my hubby was like shocked shocked shocked ''are you for real''? ''palmoil ke''. ''do you know palmoil is high in saturated fats and its not healthy for a baby''. ''don't try it''. ''if he ends up in A&E, i will tell the doc that i never gave you consent'', ''if anything goes wrong after your palmoil concotion and we are accused of endangering our child, you are on your own oh. i won't follow you to the police station'' grin grin grin

anyways, behind his back, i tried it and it worked. the cough stopped. i won't lie though, i was scared and i kept checking my son to see if he would throw up, etc grin grin grin

Can't stop laughing here.
So na on top Zaynie head you want put all the blame..... cheesy.
Palm oil is good na.

#ConfessionTime

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
helovesme:

Are you also breastfeeding?

As much as I am a big fan of combination feeding, personally I do not give formula at night and that's because I'm too tired/sleepy cool grin to get up and start preparing his milk. So I just breastfeed till he sleeps. I "co-sleep" so it makes its a lot easier for me. The only exception is if my hubby or a relative is willing to do the bottle drama.

However, if you do not mind waking up to sort his bottles, there's nothing wrong in giving him formula at night. Make sure it's the right quantity that will fill him up.

Feed on demand. If he wakes and he's crying, check to be sure it's not his diaper as crying doesn't necessarily mean hunger. Sometimes all a baby needs is a cuddle or just a change of sleep position.

There's nothing wrong with one poo a day. What matters the most is that he's not constipated. Always check the consistency of his poo and the colour as they are always telltale signs.

I think the rumbling shouldn't be a cause for concern. At this stage, his digestive system is gradually expanding. Just make sure you give him warm water often as it helps with bowel movements since he's being formula fed.

Regarding farting - make sure you burp him after each feed and also bottle feed him correctly. Check online on how to properly bottle feed a baby (that is holding the bottle, et al) to ensure he's not sucking air.

Copy. Tnx a bunch.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
zaynie:

This was my way when I did combination feeding with Atinuke. We started at 40 days.
-Breastfeed all thru the night.
- cos I am weak when I wake up, formula feeding to gain my strength.
- water in between formula feeding. She drinks like 120ml of water everyday. The formula feeding was like 4-5 hours apart; sleep, water and breastmilk filled the gap.
- formula feeding just before bed. Breastmilk all thru the night.

My formula was one scoop less, one feed more.
Since recommended feeding was 6 times daily, I slashed that by 2 cos we were combining.
So cos I went one scoop less, I upped it to 4 feedings rather than 3.

Tnx 4 always being there 4 us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
zaynie:

It does. It tampers with your cycle.
mama zaynie tanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
helovesme:

Lol same here. The first time I tried that Palmoil and sugar, fear just grip me and I almost gave up cos the tiny quantity I gave her couldn't have made any difference plus I didn't have st Loius cube sugar.
I read again about Palmoil and salt (heated salt), as the cough persisted, I decided to try it, both times I gave it to her, she baff me with vomit immediately the thing entered her mouth but I didn't give up, I gave her another one again and the cough stopped instantly and reoccurred the next day then I gave her the second dose and that was the end of the cough.
Na 12 midnight I dey do all this practical when everyone was fast asleep and the cough was so much that she couldn't sleep. MY CONFESSION lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
ozycy:

Lol same here. The first time I tried that Palmoil and sugar, fear just grip me and I almost gave up cos the tiny quantity I gave her couldn't have made any difference plus I didn't have st Loius cube sugar.
I read again about Palmoil and salt (heated salt), as the cough persisted, I decided to try it, both times I gave it to her, she baff me with vomit immediately the thing entered her mouth but I didn't give up, I gave her another one again and the cough stopped instantly and reoccurred the next day then I gave her the second dose and that was the end of the cough.
Na 12 midnight I dey do all this practical when everyone was fast asleep and the cough was so much that she couldn't sleep. MY CONFESSION lipsrsealed

LWKM...me I no get confession#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
MyConfession

I remember when Moyo was like just 6months or so. We both went to Abuja for an interview, we slept at a friend's and if you see kain mountain bed they had, you will fear. Moyo being a restless sleeper fell off the tall bed onto tiled floor..... I remember trying to grab him and screaming really loud. I couldn't sleep all through the night.... I kept checking to see if he was ok. Kept testing if all his milestones were still retained..... I have never been that scared before in my life.

Never told anyone till he was 3 lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sharon6(f): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sharon6:
Good evening Sabi Mamas, it's been a while and the twins says hi.
The twins will be 6 months on the 10th of August, funny how time flies and I'll like to know when babies legs are strong enough for a walker. Make una help me table the matter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gynny(f): 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
how to get rid of hives? If you are able to identify the cause or causes of your hives, the best treatment for hives would be to avoid the triggers or eliminate them if possible. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/how-to-get-rid-of-hives-what-are-hives/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 1:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Happy weekend mamas in d houz. Pls has any one tested d postpartum belt and how possible or effective does it work? Is it reliable? And how long wil u use for to get d shape u want.
Thanks, i will apreciate ur response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 2:48am On Jul 29, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
Happy weekend mamas in d houz. Pls has any one tested d postpartum belt and how possible or effective does it work? Is it reliable? And how long wil u use for to get d shape u want.
Thanks, i will apreciate ur response
Postpartum belt works when you wear it religiously, even ordinary wrapper do help me get my tummy flat after birth but it will shoot out again from too much fod. So note that if you eat too much as per omugwo food and all that plenty plenty orishirishi, that tummy will still shoot out somehow and if you are on EBF, it may be difficult to control what you eat. So for you to use a postpartum belt and get very good result, you have to watch what you eat and maybe include light exercise.you also have to get a good one.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 8:36am On Jul 29, 2016
ozycy:

Postpartum belt works when you wear it religiously, even ordinary wrapper do help me get my tummy flat after birth but it will shoot out again from too much fod. So note that if you eat too much as per omugwo food and all that plenty plenty orishirishi, that tummy will still shoot out somehow and if you are on EBF, it may be difficult to control what you eat. So for you to use a postpartum belt and get very good result, you have to watch what you eat and maybe include light exercise.you also have to get a good one.

Alright thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 11:40am On Jul 29, 2016
Thanks Zaynie for d reminder cos i did d palm oil stuff for my 1st son last week too and cough disappeared. He so loves to take it but i guess its because of d sugar. After givin him a teaspoon he ll say "mama mmmm yummy" and ask for more then cry when i refuse. He passed d cough to his baby bro of 7weeks old and i had to give him a little of it too by puttin a tip of my finger into d oil and rubbing a little on his tongue and he has not coughed till today (ofcourse without hubby's knowledge lol)

We sure do av many native stuff that works.

quote author=ozycy post=47969839]
Na 12 midnight I dey do all this practical when everyone was fast asleep and the cough was so much that she couldn't sleep. MY CONFESSION lipsrsealed[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mamas gud morning o, pls help me answer question
Where can I get prune juice? My 7months ol d baby is constipated cos her poo is very hard most times in pellets form, she poos like once in 3days or none self. I am feeding her with cerelac, nutribom, pap, potatoes, semo with ewedu, beans. I do give her orange juice almost everyday, also water melon too. I use my boy eldorin as her formula but intend to change to Nan 2 may be it will stop her constipation. I give her water from time to time

I read on Google that prune juice helps to relieve constipation, please
What is prune juice?
Where and how can I get prune juice?

And if u have tried other things that work for please share with me. #thanksamwaitingforresponse#

cc Liftedhands, zaynie, BritneyStacy, Cherrymum, ozycy, tyconcepts, ginababy and all sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by morenitemi: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good day mamas, please I need your experience on this matter. My 10months DS is super active and once we are outdoor he loves to be freed because stay indoors mostly . We went for a church programme yesterday and after holding him for an hour plus he cried to be free and rejected all toys because he wanted to play around and people started looking at our direction as he was joyfully playing around laughing and screaming. Two men out of the people sitting close to us scolded him and told us it is too early for him to want to have his way and he love to play too much. That we should be beating him and not letting him play alot because if we don't correct him at this age it will be difficult later. I and hubby felt bad and embarrassed at the end of the programme. Please, I need advice or suggestions on how to curtail his activeness.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzfunshy(f): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hello mamas. Pls how do I make my 6 mth old Ds get enof hind milk. His poo is green and google says he's not gtn enof hind milk.

Pls wat do I do?
Cc zaynie,ozycy,onegai,madameU, tchiwinnie, liftedhands, alphandmaiden, helovesme, fortius, all sabi mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by creamchiccb(f): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mamas in d house I hail ooo!please wen can I use post partum belt or wrapper to tie my stomach afta CS?its 4wks afta d CS now!please help a sista out,I nid my flat stomach back
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
Aim07:
Mamas gud morning o, pls help me answer question
Where can I get prune juice? My 7months ol d baby is constipated cos her poo is very hard most times in pellets form, she poos like once in 3days or none self. I am feeding her with cerelac, nutribom, pap, potatoes, semo with ewedu, beans. I do give her orange juice almost everyday, also water melon too. I use my boy eldorin as her formula but intend to change to Nan 2 may be it will stop her constipation. I give her water from time to time

I read on Google that prune juice helps to relieve constipation, please
What is prune juice?
Where and how can I get prune juice?

And if u have tried other things that work for please share with me. #thanksamwaitingforresponse#

s

When Atinuke first started eating solids she didn't poop for 3 days and by the time she did, it was so hard and painful that she cried.
What I did:
1. Warm water. First thing in the morning. About 100ml. Truth be told, by force feeding cos she will not want to drink that much water.
2. She should drink as much as she eats. You can lace with ribena to sweeten.
3. Make her cereals more watery. Same scoops as recommended but more water. Feeding will be a lot more messier.
4. Pineapples, watermelon and the really chaffy part of oranges should be included in diet. Also oat meals.
5. How often is the feeding? Cereals are kinda filling so I don't go more than like 4 times per day at most. Ideally your baby needs just one more feed more than yours as long as she feeds well. So 4 basic feedings with snacks, fruits, breastmilk and tea in between.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
mzfunshy:
Hello mamas. Pls how do I make my 6 mth old Ds get enof hind milk. His poo is green and google says he's not gtn enof hind milk.

Pls wat do I do?
Cc zayni.e,ozy.cy,one.gai,mad.ameU, tchiwin.nie, liftedhan.ds, alphandmaiden, heloves.me, forti.us, all sabi mamas

Feed till he empties one breast (should take like 15 minutes ) before moving on to the next one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.