Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404063 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Tojued:

(What other mamas have said already) and please you're not a failure. Why do you even think you're not lactating sufficiently? Is your baby peeing and pooping regularly? If yes than I think they're getting enough food.

My breasts don't look like I'm breastfeeding (two grandmas have said so), I can barely express more than 40ml per breast, but my baby poops at least three times daily and his weight chart is simply awesome.
he is not adding weight well...not filling up properly. .......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Wonderful mothers,u guys are doing wonders here. i appreciate you all.
in case i have not officially register here. i am a ftm with lo almost four months..

my worry,my lo has not started sitting unaided,we thought he will be perfect by 3mnths but we are almost 4 and no show. when practicing,he tends to lean forward thereby bending his waist and falls after some secs. people started asking me at 2mnths plus whether he has started sitting.pls mamas,is there something wrong? or have i missed something?

another thing is,at our 14wks immunization,his weight was 6.6kg, weighed 4kg at birth. my question,is it not too small?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Britneystacy,u r not a failure.some mothers dont lactate well.u may also be under lots of pressure to feed hence stress.
If u r in lagos.i can give uvsome of my fenugreek seed.i work at orthopaedic hospital igbobi.

That means not all of us have a chance at EBF. ...and it's not stressed that not all mother's lactate well embarassed embarassed embarassed. I am not in Lagos....
I would really want to do it but it by a weeks time, no way...i can't watch him remain so lean despite having been born big cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
zimunachimdi:
in case i have not officially register here. i am a ftm with lo almost four months..

my worry,my lo has not started sitting unaided,we thought he will be perfect by 3mnths but we are almost 4 and no show. when practicing,he tends to lean forward thereby bending his waist and falls after some secs. people started asking me at 2mnths plus whether he has started sitting.pls mamas,is there something wrong? or have i missed something?

another thing is,at our 14wks immunization,his weight was 6.6kg, weighed 4kg at birth. my question,is it not too small?
Nothing is wrong with him,baby achieve their milestone @ different rate.my daughter started sitting unaided @ 6months even when people were saying is too late female children start sitting from 3months.
Relax ma he will surely sit

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
For those interested in the diaper @helovesme posted some times back you can check this person out in instagram.

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
zimunachimdi:

Na wa for those guys. Baby sits at 2 months, graduates from Uni at 13 months and gets married before 19months in their reality, bah? undecided
As for his weight, are you slim? Slim babies doesn't mean unhealthy and if he's not heavy, try giving him a little bit more milk. If he rejects it, then he's full and just a smallish boy. Doesn't mean he's not healthy, he may be one of your tall, slim basketball-er types in the future smiley

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
In no particular order Onegai AlphaHandMaiden Rofemiguwa Soonest Doubledouble Tojued Helovesme and all other mamas- from the depth of my heart I say a very big thank you for always being there for us. May the Lord bless you and yours. AMEN

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
iomoge2:

Hmmm
Talk to the registras of the 2 places mum the shares from first.
Atleast with your full name.... Year of purchase.... they should be able to fish it out.
U can find them by contacting the organisations mum got the shares from.
Thanks for the responses
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
farydah:
Britneystacy regarding missing share certs, you get a police report, court affidavit and fill and indemnity form(provided by the registrars and sometimes counter signed by your bank) then write a letter requesting for a certificate reissue.
I think this will be quite helpful. ...thanks for the response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
Onegai, pls ma unquote me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babyboom(f): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
BritneyStacy:

That means not all of us have a chance at EBF. ...and it's not stressed that not all mother's lactate well embarassed embarassed embarassed. I am not in Lagos....
I would really want to do it but it by a weeks time, no way...i can't watch him remain so lean despite having been born big cry

Hello, my captain how is your baby?
My little experience with Brest feeding, is thus.
Little stress and anxiety can cause it to reduce or vanish. When I don't sleep well or tired it affects my production.
Imagine getting up to 180mls from both breast and in the next three hours get 60 in the next three hours gets lower than that. That was what my lack of sleep caused. It works with the brain.

2. Worry or over anxious causes my milk production to reduce
3. When am not happy, the milk will reduce
4. When somethin is not right with my body
I have come to study myself becos, I was at a point disappointed with myself along the way due to lack of production. And no amount of over feeding can bring the milk even include taking heavy quantity of pap.
So please relax try and watch something to distract your self, like rofemigwue said she is on nairaland when pumping cos if you are with your baby, his cry may affect your production, try pumping when baby is sleeping also. Be happy and you will see the abundant flow.

Just on Saturday and yesterday, I couldn't get my required quantity, cos. Was preparing to go to church for the first time with my baby, hence was anxious and fatigue. But I rested well today and my milk production increased.

Lastly,I try and pump like 30minutes to 1 hour after eating, cos the food will be digesting and goes to my blood system, hence the nutrient to produce is ready available.

Please you are not a failure, just came out of my reading mode to type this. Sorry for the epistle.
#TEAMAUGUST#
Others have done it and succeeded and you too can.thanks

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
Onegai:

Na wa for those guys. Baby sits at 2 months, graduates from Uni at 13 months and gets married before 19months in their reality, bah? undecided
As for his weight, are you slim? Slim babies doesn't mean unhealthy and if he's not heavy, try giving him a little bit more milk. If he rejects it, then he's full and just a smallish boy. Doesn't mean he's not healthy, he may be one of your tall, slim basketball-er types in the future smiley
mummy,ur post really cracked me up.
my lo is nt slim either am I. he looks big,even bigger than his age mates but was wondering how he ONLY added 2.6kg. thanks so much.

as for the sitting i will wait out,but dont u think he is a bit late ma?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
cutiereborn:

Eyaaa, Oya cut a slice!

hmmmmmmm, yummmy. Thanks dear.

@Prettyhurts, thanks for checking up on us, we are doing great. My regards to you and yours.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
olaoyekemi:

Nothing is wrong with him,baby achieve their milestone @ different rate.my daughter started sitting unaided @ 6months even when people were saying is too late female children start sitting from 3months.
Relax ma he will surely sit

thanks ma,i appreciate this response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
zimunachimdi:

mummy,ur post really cracked me up.
my lo is nt slim either am I. he looks big,even bigger than his age mates but was wondering how he ONLY added 2.6kg. thanks so much.

as for the sitting i will wait out,but dont u think he is a bit late ma?

I learnt that baby boy shld be put to sit from 4-5months, cos sitting earlier may affect somethings like that!

Cc liftedhand

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=ayolight post=49874935][/quote]
@Ayolight, Congrats. I hope to share the testimony soon too.
However, the challenge I am having now is that he sweats a lot. He can neither eat nor sleep if the fan is not on. How do I avoid him catching cold again.
As for the silver bird, I added to his oil but had to stop using baby oil on his head because it dries up fast and leaves his hair unkept(the hair too much o).I just started using Shea butter & coconut oil. Can I add the silver bird in that?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
talltosyne:

I learnt that baby boy shld be put to sit from 4-5months, cos sitting earlier may affect somethings like that!

Cc liftedhand
dearie,tell me more about it pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Drdreluv: 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
olaoyekemi:

Sorry sir just seeing this.
Depending on ur pocket we have,Nan1,Sma,similac,etc
ese pupo I will get them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kotias003: 12:37am On Oct 04, 2016
Hello mothers in the house: Onegai, AlphaHandMaiden, Rofemiguwa, Soonest, Doubledouble, Tojued, Helovesme and all other mamas, please;

My DS of 7weeks has been pooing all day. Pooed a total of 5 times today. It started yesterday evening. Please what can I do about this? Please.
It's also worth mentioning that he is not on breastmilk at all, sad only NAN1.

About the breastmilk, please I need advice on that too. When he was born, I didn't lactate immediately. Eventually I did but he just won't latch on. I expressed both with my hand and with a manual breast pump, even at midnight like mama AlphaHandMaiden advised, the most I ever got was 90ml!
And then the breastmilk started dwindling to 10/15ml. Till I stopped all together.

Now the doctor wants to bring back the breastmilk, placed me on a med already. My question is, even if breastmilk supply comes back, how do I make DS latch? As at today, he still wouldn't latch.
How do I keep breastmilk from drying up again?

Please mothers in the house, all suggestions, ideas, advices are welcome. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 7:24am On Oct 04, 2016
kotias003:
Hello mothers in the house: Soonest, and all other mamas, please;

My DS of 7weeks has been pooing all day. Pooed a total of 5 times today. It started yesterday evening. Please what can I do about this? Please.

About the breastmilk, please I need advice on that too. When he was born, I didn't lactate immediately. Eventually I did but he just won't latch on. I expressed both with my hand and with a manual breast pump, even at midnight like mama AlphaHandMaiden advised, the most I ever got was 90ml!
And then the breastmilk started dwindling to 10/15ml. Till I stopped all together.

Now the doctor wants to bring back the breastmilk, placed me on a med already. My question is, even if breastmilk supply comes back, how do I make DS latch? As at today, he still wouldn't latch.

Please mothers in the house, all suggestions, ideas, advices are welcome. Thank you.
Pls watch d pooing. 5 is quite much. Ensure you sterilize his bottles well. Also up hygiene around d house.
As for establishing bm supply again, you have to keep putting baby to breast. Then theirs this seed, fenugreek, you can try it. All d best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 7:55am On Oct 04, 2016
My dear leave pple and their talk. My son turned 4months two days ago and that was when i put his bum bum on d floor. A friend came visitin yesterday evenin and was like ah 4months he isnt sittin and i replied her "he ll sit at his own time" she noticed my tone and kept her mouth shut.

Just keep puttin ur baby to sit but pls watch d back not to over bend. U can also get indomie carton, sit d baby inside and stuff d front with teddy bears or small pillow. If ur baby is tall like mine tear out d leg part of d carton so d legs can stretch out well but pls dont leave ur baby unattended while doin d sittin practice

Cheers

uote author=zimunachimdi post=49881627]Wonderful mothers,u guys are doing wonders here. i appreciate you all.

another thing is,at our 14wks immunization,his weight was 6.6kg, weighed 4kg at birth. my question,is it not too small?[/quote]

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2016
zimunachimdi:

dearie,tell me more about it pls.

My MIL said, to avoid sitting on d scrotum, which can cause ish later in life

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 8:42am On Oct 04, 2016
mamamj:
Good morning mama's,happy new week. Pls my LO didn't sleep last night,she is having cold(cough and catarrh),I think I put the rechargeable fan too close to her cos there is no light to on AC,she is always sweating if I don't use fan or AC,pls what should I do abt the cold cos am so worried.She is 11weeks.thanks
Cc:onegai
Alphahandomega
Please Able Mamas, Answer our new mum, cos I also am having same problem. Olivia has been having Serious cough (mostly at nights) and catarrh for almost 3weeks now. There is nothing I haven't used from cough syrup to vitamin C syrup to inhalation method to sugar/palm oil solution at the moment. Nothing seems to be working. Please is there another thing one can try?
Cc- Onegai, Alphahandmadien, rofemiguwa, helovesme, Deeouzo, soonest, Tojued, Gaily04 and other sabi Mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2016
@cutiereborn, if I have given all the prescribed drugs, done steam bath,done everything and still it did not stop, i leave it stop all drugs.It just goes on it's own.
@mamamj, you can take her to the clinic or but vitamin C and give her steam bath

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2016
FINA4804:
@cutiereborn, if I have given all the prescribed drugs, done steam bath,done everything and still it did not stop, i leave it stop all drugs.It just goes on it's own.
@mamamj, you can take her to the clinic or but vitamin C and give her steam bath
Thank you for the prompt response Ma. I will follow your advice, cos last night I was fervently praying that the cough leave her and plagues me instead.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kotias003: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2016
soonest:

Pls watch d pooing. 5 is quite much. Ensure you sterilize his bottles well. Also up hygiene around d house.
As for establishing bm supply again, you have to keep putting baby to breast. Then theirs this seed, fenugreek, you can try it. All d best

Thank you so much.
The fenugreek seed, I live in Ekiti. I don't know where to get it and no one seems to know what it is or where I can get it. What's the local name please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2016
helovesme:

Apologies I'm just replying.

Have you tried sweet potatoes combo? Babies tend to love sweet potatoes.

Mashed sweet potatoes with diced boiled chicken works well. Sweet potatoes with mixed vegetables (carrot, sweet corn, green peas, broccoli) is also another fab combo. You can interchange sweet potatoes with Irish

Thanks a lot for your detailed response always...

I have tried all these and more...he takes a little at the beginning of the feed and just loses interest after 4 tiny spoons...I have become musician, clown, MC, everything I tell you...only thing he takes willingly is Gerber lil crunchies (cheese ball) n puffs! Is that food?? Tiring but will just keep trying...God help me!

Thanks once more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2016
kotias003:

Thank you so much.
The fenugreek seed, I live in Ekiti. I don't know where to get it and no one seems to know what it is or where I can get it. What's the local name please?

It's an Indian herb, so if there is an Indian supermarket in Ekiti, you will find it there. I also know that Fenugreek tablets are sold in Healthplus pharmacies as a supplement. So if you have one, check there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2016
cutiereborn and mamamj, can you stop any powder you're using on baby? Also, if you have tried Antibiotics and it didn't work, it may be an allergy (allergy symptoms are usually coughing and cartaarh, since they affect eye, nose and throat). Which means some particles like dust or pollen is lodging in their lungs and irritating them. So no fans directly on them (because it pushes particles into their system. The fans should be above them facing in their direction but not blowing on them and it should be some distance from them. Rechargeable fans are short-necked so it is too close to baby, it will blow particles into their face and they will breathe it in. Go back to the doctor and ask him about allergies and he will prescribe a syrup for them. I don't want to mention the name so you don't buy it dirctly without a prescription (I heard it can cause drowsiness).
A lot of babies outgrow their allergies but some keep them (I still have mine). What you don't want to do is aggravate it and cause Asthma.
HTH

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 9:49am On Oct 04, 2016
kotias003:
Hello mothers in the house: Onegai, AlphaHandMaiden, Rofemiguwa, Soonest, Doubledouble, Tojued, Helovesme and all other mamas, please;

Hello. For a fully formula fed baby, 5 times is a bit suspicious but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong. Make sure your hygiene is top notch and your source of water potable. Formula not taken under an hour should be discarded. Do not premix your formula and put in the refrigerator. Once your handling, storage and hygiene on everything to do with baby is excellent, then we can cross that out.

Check the consistency and colour of the poop. The poop tells you a lot about baby's health. If everything is good, it could be baby has a very active metabolism. Just free baby...he/she will adjust with time.

On bringing back breast milk... I personally, don't like the use of medication...just take a lot of fluid, ewedu, fenugreek, pap, soups and all. Also put baby to breast very very often, pump a lot as well...these will signal the brain and gradually it will come back. There's a tea that helps too: Mothers Milk shatavari cardamom. Basil and fennel oil does wonders too.

If you want to use meds, herbal is better: Motherlove more milk plus is good. It is in form of a capsule. Milk thistle herb is excellent too. In all, for all these to work you still have to put baby to breast a lot and pump a lot too.

On latching, didn't you go for antenatal classes at all?? I don't mean to be rude or diss you. Antenatal classes is important for mothers to be as you learn a lot there, especially as a FTM. Well, it can't be taught with words...you need demonstrations, so I will advise you check youtube for that. There's this particular channel that is by a RN, but can't remember. Helovesme, onegai, alphaandmaiden, ozycy and all mamas pls help out on the youtube channel to see the right way to breastfeed a baby.

Wishing you all the best on this journey!

Cheers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Onegai:
cutiereborn and mamamj, can you stop any powder you're using on baby? Also, if you have tried Antibiotics and it didn't work, it may be an allergy (allergy symptoms are usually coughing and cartaarh, since they affect eye, nose and throat). Which means some particles like dust or pollen is lodging in their lungs and irritating them. So no fans directly on them (because it pushes particles into their system. The fans should be above them facing in their direction but not blowing on them and it should be some distance from them. Rechargeable fans are short-necked so it is too close to baby, it will blow particles into their face and they will breathe it in. Go back to the doctor and ask him about allergies and he will prescribe a syrup for them. I don't want to mention the name so you don't buy it dirctly without a prescription (I heard it can cause drowsiness).
A lot of babies outgrow their allergies but some keep them (I still have mine). What you don't want to do is aggravate it and cause Asthma.
HTH
Thank you Ma. It definitely helps, I have stopped applying powder to her neck cos she sweats a lot & DH has practically banned fan, so she sweats & soaks up the bed, still same. As for Antibiotics, I haven't given her any. I think I will do as FINA4804 says and stop giving her any medication and if it continues till Friday, we will go see a doctor for allergies.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2016
cutiereborn:

I think I will do as FINA4804 says and stop giving her any medication and if it continues till Friday, we will go see a doctor for allergies.
Yes, let her be first but if it seems it's worsening, you will need to go d hosp. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.