Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406511 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bisoye82: 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good morning mamas and papas cheesy
Please my question is for mummy's using Nutribom cereal,how do you prepare it without lumps or koko grin
my son does not want formula again o embarassed but the sister is taking it o.He rejects Gerber cereal as well, takes Heinz purees thou.I gave him Nutribom (banana and apple)yesterday no crying but the little lumps makes him gag.
Cc all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
lawvlypearl:
I read one mama saying her lo was given Cypri gold in her absence and the lo now eats too much ,I was expecting bashing from mamas o, but no one said anything about it.
Biko, can I give my baby too, she's a picky sucker, expressed milk just dey inside freezer,she no dey send. She only feed well at night but daytime na so so play play, she's 4months+ and her weight is 5.8kg.
Can I give Cypri gold to enhanced feeding Or any other recommendation ? Thanks

Was that on this thread recently? Maybe not, because I'm pretty sure everyone here is on board with the "No drugging of Baby" ideology and they would have spoken up. I just used the Search function and I see a mama spoke about here in 2015 and another person spoke about it in Family section. I don't know this medicine but I am not one to give a baby anything not recommended by a doctor to treat an exact illness. But that's just my opinion, you have to make your own decision.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missexiest: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good afternoon mamas,my baby has some white coatings on her tongue n was told its thrush although its not disturbing her feeding but I dont like it.Her pediatrician when we were in us gave me nystatin but she has finished two prescriptions of nystatin n no result..pls what can I use to clear the thrush?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bisoye82: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
missexiest:
Good afternoon mamas,my baby has some white coatings on her tongue n was told its thrush although its not disturbing her feeding but I dont like it.Her pediatrician when we were in us gave me nystatin but she has finished two prescriptions of nystatin n no result..pls what can I use to clear the thrush?
During bathtime or after,dip cotton wool in lukewarm water in a little cup/bowl with a pinch of salt and use it to clean her tongue and corner mouth every day.you will see a difference.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
@onegai dat homework there No b small one, what about people that like eating. E.g me

how will i cope?

U sure say I no go faint after avoiding these foods?

emmm someone told me that they do tie tongue to stop hunger na true?

last last I don start gym hope I will get Kaffy's flat tummy at last

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good afternoon mothers. Registering my presence. I hope i am welcome smiley

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lastbornop: 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2016
Onegai:

No.3 was answered here and I think I remembered it was said you shouldn't lie baby down after feeding but support his head up so the food stays down and burp him well. That amount of poo may be nothing scary (is it yellow-brown and paste-like like peanut butter?). If it is, it should be fine. Take him back to the hospital let them check that stooling out and if you are given another set of antibiotics, try it and if it doesn't stop, stop the antibiotics because you don't want him building a resistance. Pele.
Thks madam onegai! I took him to d clinic n he was checked. D stooling stopped but his poop still a bit watery tillnow ( I was told normal).
Regarding d spit up, I try sitting him up after each feed, althoughb he is still spitting up but not as much as b4.
My cute Jdoing great. Thks to u n other mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
Jumaii:
Good afternoon mothers. Registering my presence. I hope i am welcome smiley
u r welcome, feel free to ask questions and contribute as well.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
pweeeetychi:
Good evening mamas, please i need advice,
Can i give custard to my 7 months old baby? Last week i travelled for 2 days and i couldn't take my baby along, as i came back they've given my baby cypri gold, and he now eats too much, and now he purges, what can i use to stop it, also my breast isn't full as before, please i need this advice cos I'm in a dilemma
cc: onegai

3 days ago @ 5:59 pm

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barak4real(f): 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good morning sabi mama,pls my cs left upper area is paining me,is it normal and how long will i take to heal... The incission area hadnt healed up yet but i clean everyday with spirit shd i still get some stain (mucus like)hope its is normal.

My thighs joint area also aches

It's not meant to bring out mucus, why not go to the hospital. It's wel wit u sis

Cc,mitchyy,all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
comtem2011:
cc: onegai

3 days ago @ 5:59 pm

That didn't come up in the Search. Well, I don't know about Cypri Gold but if it isn't prescribed, I personally won't allow my child to take it. Seems it causes drowsiness, stooling and other side effects. Not sure any benefit of weight gain will be acceptable.

I really think parents should stop stressing about this "my baby isn't fat" or "my baby isn't gaining weight quickly". There are charts for this thing and as long as your child doesn't fall below the 25% percentile (I think that's the number), it is not something to cause concerm and make you buy drugs and cause an even bigger problem. Lawvlypearl, if your child is not showing any signs of being medically malnourished, I guess you have to decide whether to expose your child to side effects such as drowsiness and stooling and who knows what else.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
Weldone Sabi mamas,good work u all are doing here...been a reader for a while now. Pls mamas,address this issues for me;
* my 5weeks old daughter does not poo until my mil put hot water in her anus usu every 4 days (she's exclusively breastfed),what can be done to make her poo regularly without d use of hot water?
** how often is she to have her bath daily?
*** how many diapers is she to use in a day as mil is of d opinion that I waste diapers without I been very soaked
****my daughter has this rash on her brows and inbetween,pls what can be use to clear it? (pix attached)
Cc captain onegai,alphahandmaiden,comtem2011 and all Sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
Doynb:
Weldone Sabi mamas,good work u all are doing here...been a reader for a while now. Pls mamas,address this issues for me;
* my 5weeks old daughter does not poo until my mil put hot water in her anus usu every 4 days (she's exclusively breastfed),what can be
done to make her poo regularly without d use of hot water?
*** how many diapers is she to use in a day as mil is of d opinion that I waste diapers without I been very soaked
****my daughter has this rash on her brows and inbetween,pls what can be use to clear it? (pix attached)

Exclusive babies don't poo everyday, some go for 3,4,5 days. Reason according to Google is that everything they consume via breast milk is important. Don't let baby be used to stimulation before doing the doo o.

2. I will say two times, morning and evening.
But not necessary you use soap in the evening, just a shower so that baby can sleep well.

3. Some use like 4,5,6 diapers in a day. As a new born, u must not wait till diaper is fully soaked before changing it. don't allow urine to stay longer than normal as it can cause diaper rash.

4. cc: soonest

That's how my MIL used to complain anytime I wipe my baby's bum with wipes just for changing his diaper. Me no answer sha as per na my baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
I will answer the ones i can.

See below

Doynb:
* my 5weeks old daughter does not poo until my mil put hot water in her anus usu every 4 days (she's exclusively breastfed),what can be done to make her poo regularly without d use of hot water?

Breastfed babies can go up to a week to 10 days without pooing. It may just be her metabolism. Perhaps hold off on the hot water treatment for a week or two and instead do tummy massages and bicycle kicks for her everyday instead. I may be wrong but i feel if you keep intervening, she will assume that hot water in bum =poo and may get trained to wait for that as a pooing sign. I think she needs to be able to poo on her own.

I bath and have always bath once a day in the evening. I make this part of our bed time routine. If you have the energy you can do twice, if it is very hot and maybe she sweats a lot. But to be honest they are not doing much so the evening bath sef is just to facilitate sleep.
We will start the morning bath later when she is older, nor sure when though as we are 10 months + now.

I am of the opinion that babies should be changed regularly. And just because the diaper company says it can last 12 hours does not mean i have to leave it on my baby for 12 hours. Besides that 12 hr guide is to show that it can last at night time. I changed at every poo, and if we dont have a poo, the max i do is every 4 hours.

Besides if it was an adult with incontinence, you wouldnt leave diapers on for that long so why should you do so for a baby. That is my own opinion and i cant understand how people can say they use only 3 diapers a day. But hey maybe i am just different.

I also cloth diaper and to be honest when i use disposables i keep to the same change time table maybe an hour more at the max. We currently use on the average 6 a day and that is not with poo as we are using the potty for that. In the early days i used anything between 8 to 12 a day.

Sorry i dont know what this could be.

and all Sabi mamas

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
Doynb:

EBF babies don't poo every day and it's normal.

If she sweats a lot, she can bathe twice a day but easy on the soap/baby wash because babies don't get dirty like that.

Diapers is a personal thing, but try and change often because diaper rash is real and fierce and it isn't good to have a baby sitting in their waste for long (product plug: this is why I like cloth diapers and cloth wipes, no-one can accuse me of wasting jack and I can change as many times as I feel like without counting the cost and keep us rash-free).

That rash looks like Ezcema so perhaps switch to a gentler type of baby wash (Dove Pure and sensitive bar soap or wash is pretty good for babies, so are Aveeno and Medela) so as not to irritate the skin with harsh cleansers (which Johnsons can have). Immediately after bathing, don't rub the area, pat it dry and whilst it's still wet, apply shea butter to trap in moisture. People may recommend Antifungal or Antibacterial creams but please don't try them until you've tried my method and if in 3 days you have not seen any improvements. If all else fails and you're in Lagos, I can recommend a Clinical Dermatologist who can help.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
comtem2011:

That's how my MIL used to complain anytime I wipe my baby's bum with wipes just for changing his diaper. Me no answer sha as per na my baby.

Una see why y'all need to start cloth diapering and cloth wiping? No complaints about wastage, infact Himself uses the cloth wipes gladly. Do you know I cannot remember when I bought wipes this year? There's even a new company for cloth diaper babies by cloth diapering mothers coming up and those people mean serious business smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
Onegai:

Una see why y'all need to start cloth diapering and cloth wiping? No complaints about wastage, infact Himself uses the cloth wipes gladly. Do you know I cannot remember when I bought wipes this year? There's even a new company for cloth diaper babies by cloth diapering mothers coming up and those people mean serious business smiley
My sis, I planned using ur method on my next baby o. Na water we dey use now for this my little man, no more wipes.

Thanks ma.

Pls, when they start connect me as their distributor in my area here o. I mean business.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
ginababy:

Aaaaaah my head want burst.
All this for me to do with vigilante n nursing?
This rules plenty ooo.
I think I will have to see my gynea.

Tnx swthrt mwuah.

No b small work.... Omo condom all d way Dan ds monitoring, grin, I did monitoring during ttc I can't do again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barak4real(f): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Please just want to clarify if iits okay ...my dd of 4weeks didnt accept cereal at birth cos i had cs and the full tin of COW AND GATE cereal has been at home since,i was reading through the content and i saw that it shd be discarded 4 weeks after opening ,so i decide to help her make proper use of it as i cant waste 2500 in this buhari economy...i have been using it as my milk for now.hope it has no effect on my diet sha...

Help a ftm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
Onegai:

Should we do this below? 6 week workout and then we also cut down on bread and rice and carbs (we minimise the amount we eat). I lost weight when I stopped eating 4 slices of bread almost daily. When I was gyming and still eating rice and bread anyhow, no weight left because as I was losing, it ws being replenished. But this time I'm serious.

Chai... D's one na hard work oh sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
Bisoye82:
Good morning mamas and papas cheesy
Please my question is for mummy's using Nutribom cereal,how do you prepare it without lumps or koko grin
my son does not want formula again o embarassed but the sister is taking it o.He rejects Gerber cereal as well, takes Heinz purees thou.I gave him Nutribom (banana and apple)yesterday no crying but the little lumps makes him gag.
Cc all mamas
What I noticed when making cereals is that if I use a small plate,I get lumps,so I changed their plate,and since then,no more

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nwapastor: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2016
Registering our presence myself and baby Rejoice. She'll be two weeks tomorrow. We are doing great. So far so good.
Just want to know how to take care of the tear and stitch I got during her delivery.
Please any other information I need as a first time Mom will be appreciated.
Some times during breastfeeding she does her face like she's taking sour milk hope all is well?

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
barak4real:
Please just want to clarify if iits okay ...my dd of 4weeks didnt accept cereal at birth cos i had cs and the full tin of COW AND GATE cereal has been at home since,i was reading through the content and i saw that it shd be discarded 4 weeks after opening ,so i decide to help her make proper use of it as i cant waste 2500 in this buhari economy...i have been using it as my milk for now.hope it has no effect on my diet sha...

Help a ftm

wait, explain properly please: you tried to give your baby cereal or infant formula at birth? If it's infant formula, nothing will happen to you drinking it (except for that awful taste undecided)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
nwapastor:
Registering our presence myself and baby Rejoice. She'll be two weeks tomorrow. We are doing great. So far so good.
Just want to know how to take care of the tear and stitch I got during her delivery.
Please any other information I need as a first time Mom will be appreciated.
Some times during breastfeeding she does her face like she's taking sour milk hope all is well?

Welcome.

A few pages back, we mentioned a lot of things that worked for us and our stitches. So please read page 658 and 659. If you can ask someone to check Healthplus pharmacy, you can get all you need. It's an effective solution.

I have no idea about the face-squeezing. Maybe she's farting smiley?? Have you....er...tasted milk?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
[quote author=AlphaHandMaiden post=50064131]

Thanks Alphahandmaiden. Already using coconut oil and sheabuter. I really need patience now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
fabmum:

I av no idea dear, but am sure other mum with experience will give better advice... Jst b patient ma

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
To all you lazy bums who are complaining about that exercise routine and diet, all I have to you is this:

tongue

WE ARE STARTING 2ND WEEK OF NOVEMBER, NO EXCUSES!! angry angry angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barak4real(f): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
Onegai:

wait, explain properly please: you tried to give your baby cereal or infant formula at birth? If it's infant formula, nothing will happen to you drinking it (except for that awful taste undecided)

Sorry its infant formula.no wahala then ..thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
Hello mamas how are we......since I'd be resuming very soon so I started formula with my son after he took 150ml he slept off and I gave him bm when he woke directly from my breast n he took it.However, when I gave him the expressed bm this evening via the bottle he refused but when I gave him directly from my breast he latched on. Please sabi mamas please explain the change
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
barak4real:

Help a ftm

Hahaha I don't think your tummy needs all the probiotics etc in baby food.

Reminds me of my colleague who decided to eat wife's frisomum to prevent waste... He ended up in hospital for stomach ache. Was so serious they almost did an appendectomy on him, fortunately he remembered that the ache came on days he drank tea in the mornings (using frisomum of course).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lawvlypearl(f): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
Thanks for the info mamas. I know better now.
Cc
Onegai
Soonest
Comtem2011

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
lawvlypearl:
I read one mama saying her lo was given Cypri gold in her absence and the lo now eats too much ,I was expecting bashing from mamas o, but no one said anything about it.
Biko, can I give my baby too, she's a picky sucker, expressed milk just dey inside freezer,she no dey send. She only feed well at night but daytime na so so play play, she's 4months+ and her weight is 5.8kg.
Can I give Cypri gold to enhanced feeding Or any other recommendation ? Thanks

haa,how my son dealt with me to the point I landed at the hospital cos of blocked breasts,what I did was to target him whenever he's fast asleep I'd put the breast in his mouth,he'd go on and on,by the time he later wakes I just pretend nothing happened.
I don't really fancy giving drugs anyhow.just try ok

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.