Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406400 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 20, 2016
@Comtem2011, thank you, they are very fine. I bless God, how is you baby too and family? May God take care of us all.

@ Helovesme, thank you for seconding her, will wait. Six months is just about two weeks away. Though I have the time today and went shopping so I bought gerber oat and rice, bought the two to see which they will take the most.

@Sexiest and other mamas, please note that pcv free and available at govt hospitals, private hospitals(like the ones I use) ask for 1k to administer it, I think that's just like cost of bringing it down to their clinics. This is what I was told when I went for the second dose for my kids.

@Sexiest, yes even my hospital collected 1k each for others.

14k is way too much. Where do you reside? Doren at Thomas estate is the price above, rota 8500 and others 1k each including pcv, also safeway at sangotedo is same.

If you have your baby with them it's free but rota is not. I paid 1k each cos I only use them for immunisation and vaccination because I can schedule it for my convenience due to work from Monday to Friday not compulsorily a particular day like with govt hospitals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 4:05am On Oct 20, 2016
olubankemi:

@Sexiest, yes even my hospital collected 1k each for others.

14k is way too much. Where do you reside? Doren at Thomas estate is the price above, rota 8500 and others 1k each including pcv, also safeway at sangotedo is same.

Yeah. Even Budo too charges high for the Rota. Those hospitals bill a lot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 4:09am On Oct 20, 2016
olubankemi:

What are you people mixing? Lol, @Mitchy how are you?

Am a learner ooo, my babies are almost six months and my boy hadly accept any order than just milk, but I no gree am oo, I make sure he takes pap, being so busy to go buy the cereals recommended here.

Lol. It's soya and corn meal for babies i'm helping my MIL distribute.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2016
BritneyStacy:

People like you and MamaOO make us feel jealous. ...how can you throwing away milk that am looking for cry cry. This life is not fair oooo

Dont feel bad.everyone is different.u can try supplements to help milk production.

Just know u r a good mother no mata wat. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2016
comtem2011:
Cc: rofemiguwa

Am fine now, thanks for checking ma.

Eowolu1

Maunal.i got avent manual for 17k den from uk sha.now should be 25k dunno.u can confirm from konga or jumia.
I had to get electric pump cos ayam ebfing and had to leave 600mls daily for my baby.
Ohboy to get dt amount with manual.why arms jus tone chai!.after 3days of resumption. I clear my account run go buy electric pump.double electric.
Since den i dey pump breast dey nairaland sef! Praise the lord!!!.hehehehehe

So dearie electric is better if u wanna pump everytime,several times in a week.week in week out.

So for the electric.i got mine from mothersbond.ng.u can google dem.with my handsfree bra everything was roughly 37k

It was the cheapest double electric i could get cos of dollar wahala.
And it was being working really well.

I pump everyday.i get my 600mls.the parts r uite easy to assemble.
No issues at all. So far.

There are other brands o.lanoish double is like 45k now.that was the one i first ordered.before dollar did magic for me.i order on friday at 30k.went to pickup on monday.it is 45k bcz of dollar.chai! I vex eh.went back to google n found mothersbond.

Then deres philips too for like 65k.
Then medela for the bigboss like 150k n counting grin
Ask mamaoo.

Aiit dere u haf it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 8:12am On Oct 20, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Eowolu1

Maunal.i got avent manual for 17k den from uk sha.now should be 25k dunno.u can confirm from konga or jumia.
I had to get electric pump cos ayam ebfing and had to leave 600mls daily for my baby.
Ohboy to get dt amount with manual.why arms jus tone chai!.after 3days of resumption. I clear my account run go buy electric pump.double electric.
Since den i dey pump breast dey nairaland sef! Praise the lord!!!.hehehehehe

So dearie electric is better if u wanna pump everytime,several times in a week.week in week out.

So for the electric.i got mine from mothersbond.ng.u can google dem.with my handsfree bra everything was roughly 37k

It was the cheapest double electric i could get cos of dollar wahala.
And it was being working really well.

I pump everyday.i get my 600mls.the parts r uite easy to assemble.
No issues at all. So far.

There are other brands o.lanoish double is like 45k now.that was the one i first ordered.before dollar did magic for me.i order on friday at 30k.went to pickup on monday.it is 45k bcz of dollar.chai! I vex eh.went back to google n found mothersbond.

Then deres philips too for like 65k.
Then medela for the bigboss like 150k n counting grin
Ask mamaoo.

Aiit dere u haf it.
Hian! 150K ke?? Ha shocked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 8:34am On Oct 20, 2016
I just 've to come here this morning to rant. My bAby that readily open his mouth at the sight of a spoon full with food has refused to eat except he's forced. Once he sight his food now, he 'll just be crying and screaming that the whole neighbours will just be asking what is happening. Even the dad is tired of this new attitude. He's 6 months 2 weeks old. D cereal he accepts now is nutribom oat, and it is with force before he can finish 100ml. All d home made food he accepts before, he doesn't want them again. He doesn't accept spoon, he doesn't want the teat of avent and Tommie tippe that I bought. He accepts only this excel baby bank bottles. What do I do. Honestly am tired. He doesn't accept his formula too. So much pureed foods in my freezer.

Cc onegal, alphahandmaiden, ozycy, tojued ........... and other sabi mama's should com to my rescue o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2016
Now does this seems to be a habit? Me don tire oooo! Since birth my baby cant poo on his own if not using hotwater on his anus. I tried to stop him, bt for wer!! I will try to use the traditional method (sitting him inbetween my legs) but the guy go just look me and smiling. This morning he was acting as if he wants to poo, i rushed to do the method bt he didnt turn up. I havent experience baby pooing in his diaper( dat one no dey our dictionary) and this is 5days nw. No show! I jus intentionally stop d hotwater own since den. Dis week will be our forth month... Abeg e~family make una chook mouth for dis matter. I don rant finish!#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 9:33am On Oct 20, 2016
Thought to share

Culled from ask the pediatrician

My baby has "OKA"!
If you are not from Nigeria, you may be lost from the title alone. The typical Naija Mum knows what I am talking about, especially if you are from the South-Western part of the country, specifically the Yoruba tribe. The other tribes have their own names for the same condition. A mum told me it is called "ndawa isi" in Ibo. Someone should tell me the Hausa name.

What is "oka"?
A lot of Nigerian Mums ask me countless number of times if their babies have "Oka". In fact, most do not ask "if" as they have been handed the standard diagnosis of "Oka" by the Grannies stat. Their own question is whether they should give "agbo oka" that is native concotion or herbal remedies for the "Oka". Another category of mums have gone beyond that and have started the treatment for "Oka". How do I know? Once you see a new baby with clean shaven head and sticky blackish substance applied to the scalp toward the front, you are seeing a child undergoing treatment for "Oka".

So what is this "Oka"?
The Grannies and some mums believe that there is a "hole" or "space" which is "breathing" or pulsating in the head of the new baby which is abnormal. That this soft space is not right and should not be there. Any baby that has this "abnormal space or hole" is diagnosed with "Oka".

For fat, hairy babies, the "hole" is not so apparent and often ignored. However, in smaller babies who are also not gaining weight or perhaps loosing weight, the space is very prominent and can even be sunken. Such babies are easily labelled as having "Oka" and commenced on all forms of treatment ranging from application of substances on the scalp to drinking herbal remedies. There are lots of myths and beliefs surrounding this "Oka".

So why am I talking about "Oka"?
Some years ago, during my residency training to become a Paediatrician, I was working at the Children Emergency Room (CHER) at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital when two women rushed in with a baby crying. That is not unusual in CHER. What was terrifying that day was when I saw the baby rushed in. He was about 2 - 3 months old. For the first time in my life, I was seeing the brain live and direct in a living person who was not being operated. This was not a movie scene! The brain of this baby was completely visible to everyone. What happened?

In the usual fashion, the grandma who came for "omugwo" had made a diagnosis of "Oka" and has prescribed the traditional treatment which was coating the surface with a black material. Unfortunately, in this scenario, whatever substance was applied was so caustic, it eroded (burnt) away the membrane of the anterior fontanelle and you can see the baby's brain live and direct!!! Of course, this was disastrous....for baby, mother and grandma and even us the doctors.

That is why I talk and educate mums about this traditional myths and beliefs that are dangerous to children's health. Of course, granny did not mean to harm her precious grandson but she did anyway. That baby had to undergo brain surgery. Of course, he had serious infection of the brain even before and after surgery. Though he did not die, but there are long-term complications he will face all because of someone's ignorance. No wonder, ignorance is more expensive than education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2016
MamaOO:

Hian! 150K ke?? Ha shocked

Shebi its like 300k. Kikikikiki
Oya tell am price joor.make we no give our fellow mama hbp.
Eolowu1 ask oga at d top dem. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
h!#
Get moringa fresh leaves or the powder brew and drink a cup.very effective.have been working for us since my baby was 3mnths.I do it only wen baby haven't pooed for days though cos it gives her loose stool.it might work for u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by baby8: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2016
rofemiguwa
hello, i got the lansinoh froms mothersbond for 41k this week. he did not have the double electric kinyo.
i am following your footsteps in EBF.
am about to resume work and am also trying to leave at least 600ml at home.
have started storing them in the freezer.

my question is about thawing the milk,
1. how do u know when to bring it out for the baby to drink and how long does it takes to get warm?
2. when i wash and sterilize my baby's bottles, there is still some water there, how do i air dry to remove all traces of water, so the breast milk will not mix with the water there
3. i also want to be expressing in the office, can i express and keep in the fridge then bring it out and go home with it. it will not be cold again before i get home.
4. i store in lansinoh storage bags for now, but it can not be reused. might have to get your kind of bottles too. please post the link where you got it from.
5. is there a specific timing you have to stop when using thebreast pump. is 30minutes okay or too much.

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2016
tatacherie:

Get moringa fresh leaves or the powder brew and drink a cup.very effective.have been working for us since my baby was 3mnths.I do it only wen baby haven't pooed for days though cos it gives her loose stool.it might work for u

Thanks ma for ur quick response, i will do dat ASAP

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2016
lastbornop:
Good afternoon Mamas,
Plz help my 7weeks old son farts a lot (even in his sleep). I tried cuttn down gas inducing food like beans et al but he still farts. Wat can I do to stop ds excessive fart or is it normal ni?
He also stretches a lot. Sm1 said its d navel.

Plkz advice me on d use of kanfura's water for navel b4 I use for him. Is it still healthy n good.

Cc: onegai, mitchhy, all sabi mamas

My son had the same issue but when I complained to his paed, she told me to always place him on my shoulder and rub his back to burp after every feed.
Since I started that the gas has reduced drastically.

As for the stretching, mine was a professional in that, at that age and I was never worried about it, in fact it was fun watching him do that. He is 14wks now but rarely does that. Unless other sabi mamas have something to say in contrally, worry not ur pretty head about that.

On the kanfura's water, no idea.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 10:45am On Oct 20, 2016
Please mama @ dexterush, i have been observing dat scalp at my babys fontenelle, some pple said i shud go to a herbalist for (ntiwa isi". Bt i jus ignored dem and saying it notin, please wat shud about it, and atimes his soft skull will seems to sink bt later rise up. Pls ooo i nid ur advise
Cc dexterush
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
Please mama @ dexterush, i have been observing dat scalp at my babys fontenelle, some pple said i shud go to a herbalist for (ntiwa isi". Bt i jus ignored dem and saying it notin, please wat shud about it, and atimes his soft skull will seems to sink bt later rise up. Pls ooo i nid ur advise
Cc dexterush
It's absolutely normal just make sure your baby is well hydrated cos dehydration can make the soft fontanelle to be sunken, don't go to any herbal healer please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2016
talltosyne:
I just 've to come here this morning to rant. My bAby that readily open his mouth at the sight of a spoon full with food has refused to eat except he's forced. Once he sight his food now, he 'll just be crying and screaming that the whole neighbours will just be asking what is happening. Even the dad is tired of this new attitude. He's 6 months 2 weeks old. D cereal he accepts now is nutribom oat, and it is with force before he can finish 100ml. All d home made food he accepts before, he doesn't want them again. He doesn't accept spoon, he doesn't want the teat of avent and Tommie tippe that I bought. He accepts only this excel baby bank bottles. What do I do. Honestly am tired. He doesn't accept his formula too. So much pureed foods in my freezer.

Cc onegal, alphahandmaiden, ozycy, tojued ........... and other sabi mama's should com to my rescue o
It's a phase. For most babies their appetite wax and wane. Just don't allow him get bored on a particular kind of food. Variety is key. My son that was a voracious eater before is so very picky now. I spend nothing less than 30mins to feed him his cereals. Even with adult food sef, he gets distracted. I know it a phase sha, cos my older kids did same. So in essence what i'm saying is just be patient and keep trying diff varieties, his appetite will soon pick up to wane and wax again grin. Cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Shebi its like 300k. Kikikikiki
Oya tell am price joor.make we no give our fellow mama hbp.
Eolowu1 ask oga at d top dem. kiss
grin grin I swear I didn't know the price. I got it for free from my insurance company. Afraid catch me when you said 150K ni, cos I had no idea how much it is cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
Cc dexterush
Pls oh,don't go to any herbalist,just make sure your baby is not dehydrated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
FACTS TO KNOW ABOUT "OKA"

1. The "soft hole or space" often erroneously believed to be an abnormality is A NORMAL PART of the baby's head. It is called ANTERIOR FONTANELLE (AF).

Every baby has it. It is there to allow along with the small spaces (sutures) between the different bones of the skull to accommodate the baby's brain growth. So it is not "OKA" or any other thing....It is a normal part of the baby's head.

2. The anterior fontanelle (AF) is covered by a membrane, and this membrane is what actually separates the baby's brain from the environment. It is that important! So any application of substances that can damage this membrane will lead to exposure of the brain to the environment with serious consequences like in the story above.

3. The fact that in some babies, very hairy or chubby especially, that you can not see it pulsating or "breathing" in local naija parlance does not mean it is not there. Some mums have actually said their babies do not anterior fontanelle! That is not true....every baby is born with one!

4. The size and shape of the AF varies from one baby to another normally. In some conditions, it can be too big. Also the anterior fontannelle can be elevated "bulging" in some conditions especially if the baby has infections in the brain. It can be depressed "sunken" in other conditions like in babies that are very dehydrated or malnourished.

Please note that in these conditions, it is not the AF causing the disease symptoms (for example diarrhoea and dehydration with sunken AF). Rather, the AF is just reflecting the fact that something is wrong in the body systems.

It is important to say this because this is one of the reasons some mums believe in "OKA". Such babies are sick and may either have prominent or sunken AF in addition to other symptoms. The "OKA doctors" will now say it is the "oka" causing the symptoms.

The danger of this belief is all treatments will be directed to the AF and the underlying disease causing the change in AF will be ignored. Also some of the native medications often use d have dangerous side effects and consequences especially on the immature liver and kidneys of the babies causing further damage...."fry pan to fire" scenario!!!

5. The AF closes on its own by age of 18 - 24 months. This is because more than 90% of brain growth and development has occurred by the age of 2 years. You did not need to do anything about it. It happens on its own. Just to note that some diseases can cause delay in closure of the AF. See your paediatrician if you can still feel the AF in your baby after age 2 years.

6. You did not need to apply oil to the AF hourly or daily....highly unnecessary and the dripping oil will cause rashes on the baby's face. The AF is not "drying up" like many naija mums believe. You also do not need to put thread from cloth. You also do not need to mop AF with hot water or apply any substances local or herbal on it. JUST LEAVE THE AF ALONE!!!

7. Finally if your baby is sick with or without observed changes in the AF, please go to the Hospital immediately. Don't assume and don't accept the "OKA" diagnosis. Please see your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. A stitch in time saves nine!

Thank you for reading.
Cc jennykoko3009

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missexiest: 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
Thank u mama @olubankemi,i stay in abuja.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
Thanks ma'am.
soonest:

It's a phase. For most babies their appetite wax and wane. Just don't allow him get bored on a particular kind of food. Variety is key. My son that was a voracious eater before is so very picky now. I spend nothing less than 30mins to feed him his cereals. Even with adult food sef, he gets distracted. I know it a phase sha, cos my older kids did same. So in essence what i'm saying is just be patient and keep trying diff varieties, his appetite will soon pick up to wane and wax again grin. Cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbydee(f): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
Good day mamas and papas in the house.

One of my twin boys has cough and catarrh since Monday this week i took them to the hospital and the first one has been cured but the second one is still have running nose. They are 5months today. Please what can i do to eliminate the running hose. They have both taken antibiotics.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
dexterush:
FACTS TO KNOW ABOUT "OKA"

1. The "soft hole or space" often erroneously believed to be an abnormality is A NORMAL PART of the baby's head. It is called ANTERIOR FONTANELLE (AF).

Every baby has it. It is there to allow along with the small spaces (sutures) between the different bones of the skull to accommodate the baby's brain growth. So it is not "OKA" or any oth noer thing....It is a normal part of the baby's head.

2. The anterior fontanelle (AF) is covered by a membrane, and this membrane is what actually separates the baby's brain from the environment. It is that important! So any application of substances that can damage this membrane will lead to exposure of the brain to the environment with serious consequences like in the story above.

3. The fact that in some babies, very hairy or chubby especially, that you can not see it pulsating or "breathing" in local naija parlance does not mean it is not there. Some mums have actually said their babies do not anterior fontanelle! That is not true....every baby is born with one!

4. The size and shape of the AF varies from one baby to another normally. In some conditions, it can be too big. Also the anterior fontannelle can be elevated "bulging" in some conditions especially if the baby has infections in the brain. It can be depressed "sunken" in other conditions like in babies that are very dehydrated or malnourished.

Please note that in these conditions, it is not the AF causing the disease symptoms (for example diarrhoea and dehydration with sunken AF). Rather, the AF is just reflecting the fact that something is wrong in the body systems.

It is important to say this because this is one of the reasons some mums believe in "OKA". Such babies are sick and may either have prominent or sunken AF in addition to other symptoms. The "OKA doctors" will now say it is the "oka" causing the symptoms.

The danger of this belief is all treatments will be directed to the AF and the underlying disease causing the change in AF will be ignored. Also some of the native medications often use d have dangerous side effects and consequences especially on the immature liver and kidneys of the babies causing further damage...."fry pan to fire" scenario!!!

5. The AF closes on its own by age of 18 - 24 months. This is because more than 90% of brain growth and development has occurred by the age of 2 years. You did not need to do anything about it. It happens on its own. Just to note that some diseases can cause delay in closure of the AF. See your paediatrician if you can still feel the AF in your baby after age 2 years.

6. You did not need to apply oil to the AF hourly or daily....highly unnecessary and the dripping oil will cause rashes on the baby's face. The AF is not "drying up" like many naija mums believe. You also do not need to put thread from cloth. You also do not need to mop AF with hot water or apply any substances local or herbal on it. JUST LEAVE THE AF ALONE!!!

7. Finally if your baby is sick with or without observed changes in the AF, please go to the Hospital immediately. Don't assume and don't accept the "OKA" diagnosis. Please see your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. A stitch in time saves nine!

Thank you for reading.
Cc jennykoko3009

Thank u ma for this information. This is indeed an 'eye-opener'.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
tanx for replying me on d price of breast pump, pls tell me d dos and donts of pumping breast milk, and hw do I sterilize d feeding bottles to avoid infection. if I express into his bottle and he couldn't finish it at a go, can I give it to him in d next feed? or I discard it, wot is d expiring/ validity hours of expressed breast milk if nt put in d freezer. tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by faari(f): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
This gas thing is beginning to get to me.
1) She grunts and stretches anything she wants to pass gas, and now she'd fold her legs when she pees. I was told infacol or gripe water but we dey EBF and I'm worried about giving it to her. and someone else said nospamin

2) And she has this wheezing thing she does when she eats or sleeps. I complained but was told nothing in her throat, two days after the attached picture came put of my baby, twice. Thick mucus. And The wheezing I can still hear it but reduced though. I have been giving her vitc once daily, started three days ago.

3),What can I use oo. And one more thing, she doesn't suck that well. I'd even force her to suck after five minutes and she will begin to cry. Five minutes and she's done, will remove her mouth and off to sleep. What can I do? I am lactating enough and I even learnt to express the foremilk out a bit before I breastfeed so that the little she takes is d hindmilk. She sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. Feeds inky like five times in a day, maybe twice at night, even with abidec.

3) when she feeds these days, she poos while or right after feeding and it is green and a lil foamy. She hardly poos now and only when she feeds or just fed.

4) what can i use for diaper rash? Its this red patch on her vulva and butthole. Should i change hee diaper? We used huggies withe a ribbed effect and now we use one without. Someone recommeded Pampers premium.

She is 6 weeks old now.
Please help ooo.

Mitchyy contem2011 zaynie sugah and others
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
faari:
1) She grunts and stretches anything she wants to pass gas, and now she'd fold her legs when she pees. I was told infacol or gripe water but we dey EBF and I'm worried about giving it to her. and someone else said nospamin

2) And she has this wheezing thing she does when she eats or sleeps. I complained but was told nothing in her throat, two days after the attached picture came put of my baby, twice. Thick mucus. And The wheezing I can still hear it but reduced though. I have been giving her vitc once daily, started three days ago.

3),What can I use oo. And one more thing, she doesn't suck that well. I'd even force her to suck after five minutes and she will begin to cry. Five minutes and she's done, will remove her mouth and off to sleep. What can I do? I am lactating enough and I even learnt to express the foremilk out a bit before I breastfeed so that the little she takes is d hindmilk. She sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. Feeds inky like five times in a day, maybe twice at night, even with abidec.

3) when she feeds these days, she poos while or right after feeding and it is green and a lil foamy. She hardly poos now and only when she feeds or just fed.

4) what can i use for diaper rash? Its this red patch on her vulva and butthole. Should i change hee diaper? We used huggies withe a ribbed effect and now we use one without. Someone recommeded Pampers premium.

She is 6 weeks old now.
Please help ooo.

Green and frothy poo please go see a doctor ASAP. Kpele, it is well with her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
eolowu1:
tanx for replying me on d price of breast pump, pls tell me d dos and donts of pumping breast milk, and hw do I sterilize d feeding bottles to avoid infection. if I express into his bottle and he couldn't finish it at a go, can I give it to him in d next feed? or I discard it, wot is d expiring/ validity hours of expressed breast milk if nt put in d freezer. tanx

Sterilise using Milton tablets, a steam sterilizer, or boil in a pot for five minutes.

Once food if he hasn't finished it one hour after he started.

Milk stays one week in the fridge, 4 hours outside fridge. Because of our hot weather and nepa I do 3 days for fridge, 2 hours outside fridge.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Dont feel bad.everyone is different.u can try supplements to help milk production.

Just know u r a good mother no mata wat. kiss
Apart from fenugreek seeds, what else?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
Now does this seems to be a habit? Me don tire oooo! Since birth my baby cant poo on his own if not using hotwater on his anus. I tried to stop him, bt for wer!! I will try to use the traditional method (sitting him inbetween my legs) but the guy go just look me and smiling. This morning he was acting as if he wants to poo, i rushed to do the method bt he didnt turn up. I havent experience baby pooing in his diaper( dat one no dey our dictionary) and this is 5days nw. No show! I jus intentionally stop d hotwater own since den. Dis week will be our forth month... Abeg e~family make una chook mouth for dis matter. I don rant finish!#
cc: mitchyy to give you the method that works for her since your baby is still breastfeeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Apart from fenugreek seeds, what else?
Also make sure you are not tired of drinking water, water melon works for me too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
faari:

She is 6 weeks old now.
Please help ooo.

This is beyond me.

AlphaHandMaiden, soonest, helovesme, onegai, coldfeet (seems she has more experience on kids as per mother of plenty, not sure sha)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.