Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430555 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
Which way Nigeria??

Remember that article about drugs running out due to lack of forex? Just went to two different Healthplus Pharmacies to fill out a prescription and not only could they not fill it, they had empty shelves with no medicines. They aren't sure when they will get imported meds. What they had had quadrupled in price. If you have anyone coming into the country this December, ask if they can bring in your drugs for your family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
stadora:
Gud mornin mamas. Its really been a long time. Have bn off 4 some days now. Have lots of pages to read up.
May God continue to bless us and our los.

Pls I ll like to buy an in original flask 4 pap dat wil keep hot for more dan 24 hrs. I know there s a strategy dat som mamas uses to test a genuine flask. Pls wo knows the method. So I wunt hv to regret after buying.
Cc zionx, onegai, alphahandmaiden, rofemiguwa, helovesme, comtem2011, sabi mamas abeg oo
I use Haers and it is very good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
comtem2011:
He is fine now, Dr said he should take his antibiotics for ten days for his system to be properly cleared of infection.

Thanks ma.
Thank God for Olamide's divine healing. May God continue to be a shield over your family in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
sayoddy:
Hello mamas, I salute o. we've missed trend cuties a lot but will soon show up.
pls what's the best cream to use for baby.
At hospital where I gave birth, they forced us to buy all the cussion baby products only to use ori, coconut oil and black soad for baby for 1st bath.
March is 8months but haven't used the products. If people ask what cream he's using and I say ori, they will condemn it to fault.
Pls what are mamas using o.

Is there any reason why you do not want to use cusson's products? Their products are okay. I'm currently using their shower gel for sensitive skin to bath my son and I have no issues with it.

I use coconut oil on his skin. I'm not a fan of shea butter as I think it darkens the skin and there's too many fake/adulterated versions in the market.

Before shea butter was well known many years ago, an aunt gave me a big tub which she got from one village in one of the south western states. I mixed it with bio-oil and used it for almost two years. The result on my skin was amazing. After the tub finished, subsequent purchases from other sources didn't turn out well as the Shea butter darkened my skin so I stopped.

Based on the skin darkening experience and that of some friends, I decided not to use it on my son's skin. I use it only on his hair.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
zionx:

Thank God for Olamide's divine healing. May God continue to be a shield over your family in Jesus name. Amen.
Amen, thanks sis. Wish you same ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
Onegai:
Which way Nigeria??

Remember that article about drugs running out due to lack of forex? Just went to two different Healthplus Pharmacies to fill out a prescription and not only could they not fill it, they had empty shelves with no medicines. They aren't sure when they will get imported meds. What they had had quadrupled in price. If you have anyone coming into the country this December, ask if they can bring in your drugs for your family.
May God help us in this country. Things are just getting worse. Even when the economy is hard, our case shall be different in Jesus name.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
Jennykoko3009 , u can use chloramphenicol eye drop for your eyes. Wish u quick recovery
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaobiFelix: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
Tojued:

My aunty once told me that you put the flask mouth/ opening on your ear i.e. listen to the flask.

The louder the sound, the more effective it will be. Mine almost deafened me when I tried it and it keeps water hot for at least 48 hours.
Buy HANA, it keeps water hot for at least 4days. Looks exxactly like GINT
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaobiFelix: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
zimunachimdi:
Excellent is Your Name
Marvelous is Your Name
Lord You are Excellent,My Lord You are Wonderful.

Heavenly father,King of glory,Lord of lords. Father we thank you for the life which you have given to us. We thank you for the sound health,the provisions,the shelter and clothing. We thank you also for the journey mercies,for our families,our husbands,children,in -laws,relatives and friends,our career and businesses.

Father,any where we have sinned against you we pray for forgiveness in Jesus name.

We pray for your protection in our lives.
We pray for growth,grace,mercies,favours,blessings and miracles in our lives.

We come against every sickness in our bodies and that of our los,we come against every stagnation,undergrowth,underdevelopment in our lives in Jesus name.

Father,we pray that you should enlarge our coast and that of our husbands.
We pray for every troubling home to receive peace.
Give us wisdom,understanding,tolerance and love to manage our homes.
Help us to instill the right values and morals to our los. Help us to raise them in your love and in the fear of you.

We pray for our helpers/nannies,that they should take care of our los in the right way and never tell us stories that touches the heart in Jesus name.
Father Lord,we pray for families in want and lack,please provide for them.

We pray for speedy recovery to our mamas that have given birth.
Baby dust to our ATC mamas.
Waddling mamas,supernatural delivery is your portion in Jesus name.

This and more we pray in Jesus Name,Amen.

Amen!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=stadora post=51161687]Gud mornin mamas. Its really been a long time. Have bn off 4 some days now. Have lots of pages to read up.
May God continue to bless us and our los.

Pls I ll like to buy an in original flask 4 pap dat wil keep hot for more dan 24 hrs. I know there s a strategy dat som mamas uses to test a genuine flask. Pls wo knows the method. So I wunt hv to regret after buying.

how r u doin mama bn a while i got one frm olatebony nd it retains hotness for 2days,na masterchef very nice,kisses ur los.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kejibabe(f): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
i hail everyone. thanks for making the thread lively and educative.

pls i have a question concerning puree foods. for example,Do i have to add milk to puree potatoes,rice, beans chicken etc?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
enkaydewdrop,how are you and jay? trust you guys are fine. pop in and say hii.

lioha,how is you and yours? got attracted to your moniker cos of your testimony/bs

my sis liftedhands,how are you holding up? send my kisses to ekene bobo

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
kejibabe:
i hail everyone. thanks for making the thread lively and educative.

pls i have a question concerning puree foods. for example,Do i have to add milk to puree potatoes,rice, beans chicken etc?

No @ add milk.

Milk is only added to packaged cereals like baby rice, creamed porridge , etc.

For home made puréed food, I have never added milk.

If your baby takes formula in a bottle, then give him milk that way.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
Loisemm:
Jennykoko3009 , u can use chloramphenicol eye drop for your eyes. Wish u quick recovery
Ok thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Now that we are one.... ( yippeee!!!) I have brought out the Nido milk. And sippe cup. I have given myself one month to phase out all feeding bottles.

You can mash or puree almost anything. You can start with sweet potato before you introduce irish potato and yam.

Let me give you a list of some of my tried and tested menus..... yes i kept a record of our meals and combinations. And will keep the book like a treasure. .

●beans and ripe plantain pottage ( no oil, and pass through a wire mesh sieve with a spoon to remove the skins)
●Avocado and egg yolk
●Yam and fish with small butter ( with spinach and/or garden egg as an option)
●Ripe plantain and fish/meat/poultry
●Pureed mango, banana or other fruit.( either plain or with baby rice to add bulk)
●amala with blended okra soup with fish
●sweet corn, beetroot and chicken
● yam pottage ( remove before adding oil and pepper and maggi)
● Beans and sweet potato.
●carrot, sweet corn and cabbage purree wih small knob of butter.
● Pasta with mince meat sauce ( or stew with meat- blend afterwards just omit pepper and spices.- you can make her own stew/ sauce seperately and combine with "soggy rice or pasta. ) i also find mixing pasta and rice with maybe carrot/sweet corn/other veggie puree help with not making it too tomato-ey.

Note: You may need to add some water while pureeing or blending to get the right texture. If it is too dry, your dd is likely to refuse it.

Dont be scared of adding too much water... if it turns out too watery, add a bit of baby rice or boiled irish potato to thicken it back up. It wont change the taste.

So dearie, there is more to weaning than frisco gold and pap!
Good luck.

Saved! :-)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
Good evening able mamas.
I trust we are all doing great with our Babies but big & small.
It's been a while, I just thought I should pop in and say hi & thank you all for keeping this thread alive and kicking. Though, I am not an active poster, but read up on all your comments as they are of great help.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
I still can't believe that I could stay away for this long.

I can remember the good old days when my day isn't complete without checking on my waddling mamas. I don't know what happened.

I really need the fire back on.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
ambient:
Sorry for asking did silly question but I want to know how I will be able to start solid and how to know my ds is filled. I started giving solid yesterday (two egg yolk) he kept on eating then vomited everything and went back to his precious breastfeeding milk.
I just to know how many spoonfuls should I start with because he is always opening his mouth and I don't know when to stop.

grin grin
Whatever you dish in a bowl for him, divide mentally into two.once baby has had half stop for 10-15 minutes then you'd try and feed him some more.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
ambient:
Sorry for asking did silly question but I want to know how I will be able to start solid and how to know my ds is filled. I started giving solid yesterday (two egg yolk) he kept on eating then vomited everything and went back to his precious breastfeeding milk.
I just to know how many spoonfuls should I start with because he is always opening his mouth and I don't know when to stop.

There is nothing like silly question...two eggs, yolk or white is too much for an infant. Portion size is something we need to take seriously as obesity in kids is on the high now...an infant's mechanics is cleanly wired in a way that they stop feeding once full...but this gets messed by we over zealous mums that want our babies to feed more and keep giving them more even when the child is turning away...thus, with time they keep feeding even when full...

For portion size you can read up on this link, and just learn to use your discretion for younger ones:

http://www.infantandtoddlerforum.org/portion-sizes-table-2015?foodgroup=6

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 6:19am On Nov 20, 2016
Gaily04:
I still can't believe that I could stay away for this long.

I can remember the good old days when my day isn't complete without checking on my waddling mamas. I don't know what happened.

I really need the fire back on.

Lol. You got busy. It happens. Welcome back.
Howz the fine bobo doing?
Happy sunday mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
@Doubledouble, even if a baby takes 2 baby spoons and turns head away? Dies that mean he is full already?
My lo does that and I presume he doesn't like the food. But for how long cuz he is 7 months.
Just fed up.
Suggestions on how to improve his eating habits will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
Zheemub:
@Doubledouble, even if a baby takes 2 baby spoons and turns head away? Dies that mean he is full already?
My lo does that and I presume he doesn't like the food. But for how long cuz he is 7 months.
Just fed up.
Thanks

I totally understand where you are coming from...am of the opinion that if it is 2 full baby spoon, then it is possible he is ok...especially when you try for a little while and he keeps turning away...I also do the babythug style- I leave for a while, and try again...he is just 7 months and just exploring the foods...it isn't his main source of nutrients yet... I have learnt the foods babies are meant to eat is actually smaller than what we expect...this then make us panic...

AlphaHandMaiden, Helovesme, Onegai et al have discussed how to improve babies eating habits...search for it pls...

Persistence is the key here...just keep at it and with time, he will get on with it...
Do not make feeding time a stressful time...this can mar his feeding habit for a long time...sing n praise him no matter how little he takes
Give varieties as best as u can, he is still 7 months...but pls follow the 3 day rule

Just try relax and enjoy his face with the new tastes...am sure other mums will add...cheers!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
Zheemub:
Just fed up.
Thanks

Am also in dis. My lo that has been eating well just changed suddenly. The only food he accept is dis Heinz rice pudding.

I just tried adding 2 scoops of his cereal to 100mls of his milk, he's accepting since yesterday. I pray it improves.

Most mothers also complained at the clinic on Friday when I took my baby for immunization.

May God help us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
We thank God
Abuja and port Harcourt books have arrived their destinations
We also thank onegai for this idea
For being a critiques and wanting the best for everybody

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
Thanks Doubledouble and Talltosyne, will keep at it.
Have a pleasant week ahead.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
helovesme:

Based on my experience with my son's hair, the shampoo you use is important. At a point I was even searching for a "baby conditioner" as I struggled to comb his hair even after applying a shea butter mix.

Then I switched his shampoo from boots to sebamed and it has made a remarkable difference. So I wash with sebamed, towel dry lightly and then apply a home made mix of shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil.
Thanks for this ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummymikey: 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hello sweet mums,pls welcome me...am new here...

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
mummymikey:

Welcome to the group! Congratulations on your LO and we hope to meet your baby on #Threadbabies fridays.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sleekgoddess: 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
Goodevening luvly mummies in the house.Happy Sunday.I have really learnt alot from here.God bless you all.Pls my DD's hair is always dried n hard to comb.she is only 3months old.i m just scared to use any how product on her hair.pls i need your advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sleekgoddess: 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Goodevening luvly mummies in the house.Happy Sunday.I have really learnt alot from here.God bless you all.Pls my DD's hair is always dried n hard to comb.she is only 3months old.i m just scared to use any how product on her hair.pls i need your advice on what i can use.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
mummymikey:
Feel free to mingle sis.

A beg mamas, my Boy wants to finish me with his teeth o, biting me everytime. The most annoying part is when am peeling yam, he will be putting his head between my legs and hold my cloth, before you know it, he will bite me and I won't be able to hold him because of the yam am peeling in order to avoid giving him body itching. And he doesn't do that to his father.

I know we have treated that here, but can't remember the page again.

cc: Soonest, fortuis, coldfeet and others mamas o.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.