Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430649 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:09am On Nov 25, 2016
JUMAYIN:
Hello mamas, my baby pukes half of d sucked breast milk after every feed, what can I do to stop this, its getting me worried...also he doesn't remove his mouth from d breast when he is filled, he keeps sucking n sucking till he starts coughing n when I try removing he will start crying n bring down d roof...choi!!! what do I do o.
Cc:AlphaHandMaiden
Cc: onegai

Sorry i missed this.
For the puking, it is likely he has swallowed some air and then the air pockets tries to come out, it brings up some milk with it the quantity will depend on how much milk is "sitting" on the air pocket

Try removing him gently from the breast ( breaking the sucking by putting your little finger in the corner of his mouth and gently removing the nipp.le from his mouth) at shorter intervals and burping. This will allow any air pockets escape before you top up with more milk.

If he cries its fine, dont let that stress you. No baby ever died from crying ! after a while he will get with the program.

It could be that he is using you as a pacifyer! Some people introduce pacifyers to help with this. I am not a big fan though and you may just have to rock him / cuddle till he stops.

Also of he gets used to being removed and burped, you may just have solved the other problem of himm crying when thr breast is removed, as he is unlikely to cry when the final feed is given and is removed from the breast althogether.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2016
helovesme:

They did the right thing though by taking her to the hospital.

I watched a report on tv a few months ago on a toddler that swallowed a watch battery. The battery eroded her throat and she had a very long stay in hospital with doctors battling to save her life and carrying out surgery to fix her osephagus.

The programme went further and carried out an experiment. A battery was placed on a piece of ham and water was poured on it. In few minutes, the battery had literally burnt a hole through the ham.

After watching that programme, I binned every single watch battery I could find in the house.

Ah you know how it is! No one will just sit around and take such a risk especially when the individual keeps saying YES when asked if she ate the battery LOL

So now that you've binned all the batteries what will you use if you need to replace a battery suddenly ! LOL
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:31am On Nov 25, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Sorry i missed this.
For the puking, it is likely he has swallowed some air and then the air pockets tries to come out, it brings up some milk with it the quantity will depend on how much milk is "sitting" on the air pocket

Try removing him gently from the breast ( breaking the sucking by putting your little finger in the corner of his mouth and gently removing the nipp.le from his mouth) at shorter intervals and burping. This will allow any air pockets escape before you top up with more milk.

If he cries its fine, dont let that stress you. No baby ever died from crying ! after a while he will get with the program.

st have solved the other problehm of himm crying when thr breast is removed, as he is unlikely to cry when the final feed is given and is removed from the breast althogether.

@bolded this mama is quite a "atch" mama oh grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2016
babythug:

You can start with just squeezing Oranges for him. Then graduate to mixing oranges and grapefruit.

Then move to watermelon smoothie and maybe apple and cucumber. But your best bet is oranges and grapefruit. Since they remain liquid and won't change color. The others may change color when it gets oxidized is exposed to air
Thanks ma, I have started doing only the oranges will soon start the mixture

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 9:35am On Nov 25, 2016
helovesme:

Hmmm. Caprisonne habit can be hard to stop with kids and that's why it's best to introduce it as an occasional treat and not an everyday thing.

Do you have a juicer at home? Without a juicer to remove the pulp, it might be a little tricky making juice in a blend/consistency that he would accept. If you do have a juicer, then pineapple juice might work. Orange might be a little tricky as it can have a ting of sourness.

Pineapple + orange is another mix.

You can actually mix pineapple with just about any fruit (because of its sweetness). Combos you can try include pineapple+apples, pineapples+water melon, pineapple+Banana, etc.

Another option is to prepare smoothies using a blender or a smoothie maker. However, to get the best results, you have to add milk to any combo of fruit of your choice. You might also want to add a lil bit of lemon juice or lime just to ensure it's well preserved till lunch time for your son.

Fruits in its natural form is better/healthier than juice. So gradually replace juice or caprisonne with fruits he might like such as pineapple chunks, apple slices, bananas, etc.
Thanks for this detailed explanation I will get a juicer as soon as possible and try these out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realsupermum: 9:57am On Nov 25, 2016
Thanks onegai.I would do that

Onegai:
realsupermum I can't remember all the vaccines but I think you should go to a Private Hospital and get the ones GH won't give. I know Pneumoccocal is important.

Adaobifelix, I don't know any new vaccines at 7 months. Perhaps find out the name and ask a Dr?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2016
babythug:

@bolded this mama is quite a "atch" mama oh grin grin

I cant kill myself oh! grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JUMAYIN(f): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2016
Thanks mamas, God bless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2016
Please mamas.i want names of cereals i can buy for my 6months old.so she can take to creche.she will be starting nextweek.grndma is leaving nextweek.so she has to start creche.
We jus started eating.she takes frisogold rice cereal only a tablespoon. And she only agrees to eating it once a day.Same tin with quaker oats.even the formualr i bought frisolac.she doesnt take more than 80mls.this is someone that takes 140ml breastmilk at a stretch.
I cant even given dem oats cos i have to make dt one my self.
I need easy jus add water and stir and feed type of cereals she can take to creche.

Thank u sweet mamas for helping us out.

We r grateful

39 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Please mamas.i want names of cereals i can buy for my 6months old.so she can take to creche.she will be starting nextweek.grndma is leaving nextweek.so she has to start creche.
We jus started eating.she takes frisogold rice cereal only a tablespoon. And she only agrees to eating it once a day.Same tin with quaker oats.even the formualr i bought frisolac.she doesnt take more than 80mls.this is someone that takes 140ml breastmilk at a stretch.
I need easy jus add water and stir and feed type of cereals she can take to creche.
We r grateful

@rofemiguwa personally I give my baby homemade cereal sometimes she takes, sometimes she doesn't so I add formula to the mix. If you are on instagram check out augustsecrets_toyin.

Your baby is adorable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
rofemiguwa:

We r grateful

This your dd is bae. See fine pikin!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
JUMAYIN:
My Treasure reporring for threadbabies

He so cute. That nose eh, me like.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
#thread babies #
Ma honey Bunnie @ 10 months already

40 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaobiFelix: 12:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
realsupermum:

Thanks onegai.I would do that
Thnx mama Onegai
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
rofemiguwa:

We r grateful
Aww your baby is so cute!ure doing a wonderful job.May God protect her always

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2016
#threadbabies

We are 9months today, can't thank God enough after so many years of ttc.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JUMAYIN(f): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
DANZAK:

He so cute. That nose eh, me like.
thanks mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
My handsome Bobo at 7weeks

30 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2016
Pretimum:

@rofemiguwa personally I give my baby homemade cereal sometimes she takes, sometimes she doesn't so I add formula to the mix. If you are on instagram check out augustsecrets_toyin.

Your baby is adorable.
Example of homemade cereal she takes to creche.
Tank u.
M not on instagram o.will use my sis account to find it.
Tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by starbuck(f): 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2016
10 weeks

27 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Example of homemade cereal she takes to creche.
Tank u.
M not on instagram o.will use my sis account to find it.
Tanks

You can give her ground brown rice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
#threadcuties
Daddy's girl @ 10weeks
Thank u mummys

23 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
PresVA:
of course one can't monitor all the time.. didn't mean it literally. ..

but I know what I meant. . nobody can take better care of a baby than the mother or have that sort of attachment a mother does. .
I feel bad and somewhat scared that I will be leaving my lil boy soon to start work..

but as I said before. .God help us and fill in our inadequacies/gaps. ..

Me i disagree with the boldened oh.

Sweetheart dont attribute your values, level of caution and common sense to everyone.

First of all Just because someone has a child does not make her maternal, and does not mean that she will take a bullet for that child.

and just because you have the common sense to identify harzards and risk around a child, someone else is absolutely ignorant and dismissive of what you assume will be a common sense issue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fearless07(f): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
Hello mums on the thread. We are 16 weeks today.

20 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2016
Pretimum:

You can give her ground brown rice.

D rice needs to be made on fire na abi.cant trust all dis caregivers with dt.
Thats why i want sometin i can jus measure into storage cups then all dy do is pour water into it and make it.
Its jus for the creche.

I give grinded oats n d likes at home.u get my drift .

Mamas with littleones in creche.how do u cope
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lawvlypearl(f): 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
tatacherie:
#thread babies #
Ma honey Bunnie @ 10 months already

OMG!!! shocked shocked, can we get some hair for my sunshine? She's adorbs!

@rofemiguwa, since she's taking little packaged cereal, why not try homemade and like one mama said, pls look for augustsecrets, she's on fb too. Too much good ideas on her page. Her homemade cereal can last a whole day so you just make it, keep in flask and baby is served. My baby hit the 6months mark on Monday and I've been feeding with augustsecrets foods and recipes, .pix of the ones I got attached.

Weldone to all mummies, your los are all looking cute.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emerald22(f): 5:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
That's one of my greatest fears right now. Knowing I have to resume back to work in January and leaving my lo in the creche. It breaks my heart and I try not to think about it for now but do I have a choice?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
lawvlypearl:

OMG!!! shocked shocked, can we get some hair for my sunshine? She's adorbs!.
Ah bon! Thanks a lot ma'am kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Mamas with littleones in creche.how do u cope
we sumtimes go 2 creche wit 2 food warmers,1 for pap,a smaller one for prepared ground oats which she eats almost immediately to avoid going bad.I also pack cerelac along,though my baby prefers mashed coconut rice to all of d above & eats that very well at home.there are lots of cereal,try n introduce one at a time n see wat ur baby prefers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emerald22(f): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
#threadbabies Princess Ethel at 7weeks.

33 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by evamum: 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
#threadCutie princess S @ 3months

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.