Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402613 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:48am On Jan 27, 2017
Hello wonderful mamas
Pls I have a few issues

1. When my ds is sleeping, he twists and turns and grunts and folds his legs up [like assuming the fetal position]. Is this normal? This happens mostly when he sleeps at night. The only time it does not happen is when he sleeps on my chest.

2. My left breast is bigger than the right breast. What can I do to make them even?

cc helovesme
Cc zaynie
Cc onegai
Cc rofemiguwa
Cc Liftedhands
Cc all Sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 7:19am On Jan 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Hello wonderful mamas
Pls I have a few issues

1. When my ds is sleeping, he twists and turns and grunts and folds his legs up [like assuming the fetal position]. Is this normal? This happens mostly when he sleeps at night. The only time it does not happen is when he sleeps on my chest.

2. My left breast is bigger than the right breast. What can I do to make them even?

Cc all Sabi mamas
That could be colic use the search button you'll see remedies for it.

He calms down when sleeping on your chest is true cos thats one of the positions (sleeping on their belly) that helps relief colic.

Our breast are not equal to start with so it's normal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 7:26am On Jan 27, 2017
ginababy:
For the past 3days now my 7+ have been having either running poo, slimy poo or a bit hard poo all in one day and poo like 4 to 5 times a day.As at yesterday and today his head, hands and feets are always warm and the rest of the body cool. He is still his happy self and eats well. But what could be the problem and what should be done. I started giving him ORS+Zinc yet no improvement bt he is still on Zinc.

No paediatricians around me except gen. Dr.s

Cc all Sabi mamas help me touch light abeg.
From your description I really don't think there's a problem with your son. He eats well and looks well that's all that matters! The poo may be as a result of the kind and texture of food he has injested ( which is normal) try adjusting his meal to see if it helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 8:23am On Jan 27, 2017
cheesy cheesy funny you all women breast are not even one is always bigger than the other maybe u noticed more because u are breastfeeding but believe me dear one breast is bigger than the other
jazzyjazz:
Hello wonderful mamas
Pls I have a few issues

cc helovesme
Cc zaynie
Cc onegai
Cc rofemiguwa
Cc Liftedhands
Cc all Sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2017
Hmmmm
This one de very obvious when I dress up o
Like people will look at me and know that my left breast is bigger than the right breast
queensnow:
cheesy cheesy funny you all women breast are not even one is always bigger than the other maybe u noticed more because u are breastfeeding but believe me dear one breast is bigger than the other
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2017
Okay I'll check. Thanks so much
Coldfeet:
That could be colic use the search button you'll see remedies for it.

He calms down when sleeping on your chest is true cos thats one of the positions (sleeping on their belly) that helps relief colic.

Our breast are not equal to start with so it's normal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 10:02am On Jan 27, 2017
Bisoye82:
@dexterush pls mail me your number so that I call you when I enter Lagos.

@Mama's what happened to thread cuties and Saturday,
that I don't participate often doesn't mean I don't appreciate you all when you do it na kiss bike
#bring back thread cuties

Have a blessed day everyone
Done,how are my ibejis,give to them from me kiss
Seriously we really need to bring back thread cuties, makes the thread more interesting.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2017
Coldfeet:
From your description I really don't think there's a problem with your son. He eats well and looks well that's all that matters! The poo may be as a result of the kind and texture of food he has injested ( which is normal) try adjusting his meal to see if it helps.

Thanks swthrt. I am sure it's the food so I have stopped feeding him some. My challenge now is his temperature. Last nyt his temperature was running 102.4.bt he seems OK dis mrng. But we are on our way to the hospital just for the sake of the temperature.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2017
We went to the hospital and was asked to do malaria test which came out negative. We were asked to buy anti-malaria drugs for him. Abeg is they need for it?

Secondly, please how do you mamas use your paracetamol that was left after administered. Dr. Said it Shud b discarded after one week.

Any urgent advice pls?

cc helovesme
Cc zaynie
Cc onegai
Cc rofemiguwa
Cc Liftedhands
Cc all Sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Hmmmm
Like people will look at me and know that my left breast is bigger than the right breast
lol maybe u shd feed him more with the left boobs ... some ladies own is obvious even without breastfeeding..how are u and baby Ilan doing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
I'm trying to feed more with the larger boob but that nipple is still sore so we de manage am.

We are fine jare
I now augment BM with formula. I'm unable to keep up with how much he sucks. Though I give him only one bottle of formula a day like 90ml only per day
queensnow:
lol maybe u shd feed him more with the left boobs ... some ladies own is obvious even without breastfeeding..how are u and baby Ilan doing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Hello wonderful mamas
Pls I have a few issues

cc helovesme
Cc zaynie
Cc onegai
Cc rofemiguwa
Cc Liftedhands
Cc all Sabi mamas

The left breast is always bigger than d right breast. Please don't be tempted to feed him more from d bigger breast because this will only make the breast bigger. Feed him more frequently from the smaller breast like twice from d right then once from d right or alternatively allow him to empty d right breast first before offering d left one.
The one you offer most tends to get more engorged or seems to produce more milk. Offering d right breast more often may help to get it bigger as d brain is triggered to produce more from that breast.
You can also try expressing with breast pump after feeding him on d right breast. Some babies may start rejecting d breast that produces lesser milk after a while

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
ginababy:
We went to the hospital and was asked to do malaria test which came out negative. We were asked to buy anti-malaria drugs for him. Abeg is they need for it?

Secondly, please how do you mamas use your paracetamol that was left after administered. Dr. Said it Shud b discarded after one week.

Any urgent advice pls?

ccs

No need for anti malaria drugs for a baby.

Instead be proactive and ensure he's safe from mosquito bites.

I have never been told to discard paracetamol. That advice only applies to antibiotics.

I keep mine in the fridge. Same applies to cough syrup, neurofen, etc. I just keep an eye on the expiry date and check each time before I administer.

A mum must always have paracetamol and neurofen at home in case of any unexpected fever. So I can't imagine throwing a whole bottle away every time I administer the odd two doses of 5ml.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Hello wonderful mamas
Pls I have a few issues

Cc all Sabi mamas

1. He's normal. He's just trying to adjust to the bed/sleeping position. Check the bed/cot/bedsheet and make sure it's comfortable for him.

2. People say one breast is always bigger than the other. I do not think there's anything you can do to make them even. As long as they are both producing milk (sometimes one breast produces more than the other),there's really nothing to worry about.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
Danzak

How's your baby? any improvement? I hope he's much better. God will perfect his healing in Jesus name. Amen.

I hope you applied the temporal ban to pap too. That might also be the problem. if there's something wrong with the pap, his immune system might be struggling with it now even though he took it well previously.

Check my previous posts and that of alphahandmaiden (she also created a blog) for cheap, healthy, nutrient filled,home made meals that actually aid in brain development that you can feed your baby.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hotmomma

Choiiiii. No vex.
Love letter loading. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amypearl: 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
Great mothers, I greet Una o. This motherhood thing na something o. Nothing really prepares u for this unending job, intact I feel all mothers shuld be given special blessings like a free pass to heaven without the judgement thing honestly. I am seriously overwhelmed and my son is just one month, hmm..... it is well o. And I can worry for Africa. Abeg o senior and junior mamas grin grin, pls I observed my breast is no longer full again and I am really disturbed. I don't know if it's the coartem for malaria that caused it, even though it's bin 3days now I finished it. Pls help me o, don't read and pass abeg.
Cc all mamas

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2017
ginababy,
1. what is his exact highest temperature?
2. if his blood work is negative (malaria parasite says zero instead of plus, white blood cell count is normal), why are they prescribing anti-malarial? Ask for full test result.
3. Paracetamol is fine, no need to discard. Ask them why they said it.

Danzak, what are his highest temps, where is the full breakdown of his blood work? collect the one the lab gave the Dr. Get a referral (Dr should write what he is treating your kid but and what meds). I think it is a stomach virus but there should be something the drs are seeing. Is he in pain, have you done a light, upper abdomen massage? I only have a few hours here and I'm off again so try and reply as soon as you can.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
@helovesme shocked lemme go and goggles to read the letter grin wink cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
Gudevening mamas.,
@ 6weeks ds weight was 4.5 , went back to d hospital one week after for rotavirus his weight was 4.Everybody is saying he has reduced alot,his cheeks has gone inside and carry him i feel he so light compare to before, he eating and sleeping normally. Pls has anyone experience Lo weight loss at 6-7weeks, should i be worried?
Secondly i noticed dis on my baby head yesterday. Pls what is it and how can i treat it? NB: ds is very hairy.

Pls don't read and pass, .help a worried mom

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Hmmmm

seems u breastfeed with the left breast more than the right. it happened to me and i noticed i was breastfeeding more with the bigger one. i started breastfeeding more wth the other one. even though i noticed it wasnt producing that much again. but with time they became even

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
But the smaller breast doesn't even get engorged and I used to offer it most before I decided to offer the bigger side more. Will try your suggestion though and see
I do express too sometimes but that expressing leaves my nipples really sore.
I'll try your suggestion and see how it goes. Thanks ma'am
Graciouscharis:

The left breast is always bigger than d right breast. Please don't be tempted to feed him more from d bigger breast because this will only make the breast bigger. Feed him more frequently from the smaller breast like twice from d right then once from d right or alternatively allow him to empty d right breast first before offering d left one.
The one you offer most tends to get more engorged or seems to produce more milk. Offering d right breast more often may help to get it bigger as d brain is triggered to produce more from that breast.
You can also try expressing with breast pump after feeding him on d right breast. Some babies may start rejecting d breast that produces lesser milk after a while
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
helovesme:

No need for anti malaria drugs for a baby.

Instead be proactive and ensure he's safe from mosquito bites.

I have never been told to discard paracetamol. That advice only applies to antibiotics.

I keep mine in the fridge. Same applies to cough syrup, neurofen, etc. I just keep an eye on the expiry date and check each time before I administer.

A mum must always have paracetamol and neurofen at home in case of any unexpected fever. So I can't imagine throwing a whole bottle away every time I administer the odd two doses of 5ml.

Hmmmm the thing tire me ooo. Some general doctors are really head aches. Always putting one down. Thanks dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
Onegai:
ginababy,
1. what is his exact highest temperature?
2. if his blood work is negative (malaria parasite says zero instead of plus, white blood cell count is normal), why are they prescribing anti-malarial? Ask for full test result.
3. Paracetamol is fine, no need to discard. Ask them why they said it.

Danzak, what are his highest temps, where is the full breakdown of his blood work? collect the one the lab gave the Dr. Get a referral (Dr should write what he is treating your kid but and what meds). I think it is a stomach virus but there should be something the drs are seeing. Is he in pain, have you done a light, upper abdomen massage? I only have a few hours here and I'm off again so try and reply as soon as you can.

As at last night it was 102.4.
Thanks for coming out to answer as promised, despite your tight schedule. We Sha miss you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2017
The cot bed sheet is comfortable. It's tucked in properly and I change it every 2 days. Though I'm thinking maybe because his dad likes to carry him on his chest and he always falls asleep there, maybe he had gotten used to it. If he's not slept deep for a while, is you or him down he will wake up.

Both breasts are producing milk.

helovesme:

1. He's normal. He's just trying to adjust to the bed/sleeping position. Check the bed/cot/bedsheet and make sure it's comfortable for him.

2. People say one breast is always bigger than the other. I do not think there's anything you can do to make them even. As long as they are both producing milk (sometimes one breast produces more than the other),there's really nothing to worry about.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 8:17am On Jan 28, 2017
beeejaylere:
Gudevening mamas.,
@ 6weeks ds weight was 4.5 , went back to d hospital one week after for rotavirus his weight was 4.Everybody is saying he has reduced alot,his cheeks has gone inside and carry him i feel he so light compare to before, he eating and sleeping normally. Pls has anyone experience Lo weight loss at 6-7weeks, should i be worried?
Secondly i noticed dis on my baby head yesterday. Pls what is it and how can i treat it? NB: ds is very hairy.

Pls don't read and pass, .help a worried mom

Does it bring out brownish stuff when you comb his hair after bathing?
If yes, then it's a harmless condition known as cradle cap.
What kind of oil do you use for his hair?
Coconut oil works wonders in removing them.
It's a subcutaneous membrane secretion that offers protection of some sort to baby in the womb. Sometimes you comb it off and it reappears. If you religiously follow the coconut oil regimen, it should disappear in 7 days. Please do no stress his head too much with comb o. It's nothing to worry about.

Please understand that I made the post above with the assumption that it's cradle cap you are worried about.

More experienced mamas will speak on the matter soonwink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:29am On Jan 28, 2017
MizMyColi:

Does it bring out brownish stuff when you comb his hair after bathing?
If yes, then it's a harmless condition known as cradle cap.
What kind of oil do you use for his hair?
Coconut oil works wonders in removing them.
It's a subcutaneous membrane secretion that offers protection of some sort to baby in the womb. Sometimes you comb it off and it reappears. If you religiously follow the coconut oil regimen, it should disappear in 7 days. Please do no stress his head too much with comb o. It's nothing to worry about.

Please understand that I made the post above with the assumption that it's cradle cap you are worried about.

More experienced mamas will speak on the matter soonwink

Cc. Beeejaylere

It may take longer than 7 days .
My dd's own took much longer. She was like 7 monhs before it finally cleared.
I used olive oil, coconut oil, cradle cap shampoo, big brush, fine brush, almond oil, apricot oil, the whole works. Small thing i for use engine oil join!

After like 4 months i stopped stressing and left the thing.

So just incase it doesnt clear in a week, dont fret it happens.

Whatever you do try not to pick at it because you can injure your baby as well as remove the hair attached to it causing bald patches.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc. Beeejaylere

It may take longer than 7 days .
My dd's own took much longer. She was like 7 monhs before it finally cleared.
I used olive oil, coconut oil, cradle cap shampoo, big brush, fine brush, almond oil, apricot oil, the whole works. Small thing i for use engine oil join!

After like 4 months i stopped stressing and left the thing.

So just incase it doesnt clear in a week, dont fret it happens.

Whatever you do try not to pick at it because you can injure your baby as well as remove the hair attached to it causing bald patches.

Engine oilgrin

Lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
If yes, then it's a harmless condition known as cradle cap.Sometimes you comb it off and it reappears. If you religiously follow the coconut oil regimen, it should disappear in 7 days.
Thanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 5:13am On Jan 29, 2017
My dd own didnt last long. Like 3days... then 2 weeks later i saw small again.

I pour plenty olive and coconut oil
Then use a fine tooth comb to comb
But carefully.
Most times.. the stuff follows the comb out.

Pls note that it itches a lot when dry and makes baby cry.
So always oil d hair.
Like always.

@beejaylere.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Hello wonderful mamas
Pls I have a few issues

cc helo.vesme
Cc za.ynie
Cc one,gai
Cc rofemig.uwa
Cc Lifted.hands
Cc all Sabi mamas

One breast is usually bigger but not obviously so.
If it is obviously so it means baby sucks one more than the other. Maybe because you favour one position or one tip is more pronounced or less achy.
Try to balance things up.
I knew someone with this kind of ish, it didnt correct itself after weaning the child off. Until she had a second baby.

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Orente21(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.