Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4428806 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
Darsty99:
Gd evening mums.. I have been peeping all this while.. Please i have a 2weeks old baby battling with catarrh. He is finding it difficult to breath. We went to d doc n he confirmed it was due to infection. He has been taken antibiotics prescribed by d doc (Olicef) for 5days but no changes yet.. Please help out

Have you tried steam baths?
Hot water in a bucket, few drops of eucalyptus oil (silverbird) in it, hold baby on your laps and cover up with a thick blankie so he inhales the steam.

Put a few drops of the oil on his pillow or flannel or clothes.( avoid it touching his skin).

If he is ebf-ed, load on vit c so he can suck on it. If he isnt, hygienically juice some oranges and watermelon for him to drink. Vit C doesnt cure cold but it builds your immune system to fight the virus faster. Also up his water intake.
Also suck out the catarrh as it comes with your mouth or aspirator.
Keep the dust off.
Keep him away from strangers or anyone with any kind of illness. A prolonged cold is usually an indicator of a weak immune system.
Go low with the AC or fan.
Hold on with the night baths, a wash down with wet wipes will do the job.
Hold on with daily head/ hair wash.....weekly is just fine.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2017
^^^

Thankz mum Zaynie.
I have to stop the 2times daily head wash 4 my girl n do once in 2 days.
Guess thats d culprit.
Its been almost one week now... same story.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
iomoge2:
^^^

Thankz mum Zaynie.
Guess thats d culprit.

Haaa!
Twice a day ke?
Once a week is even best for nice luxuriant hair cos washing strips off the natural oils in the hair.
You wey old pass am, how many times you dey wash hair in a month?

You're welcome beebe grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
zaynie:

I'm really at a loss on this.
What kind of infection was discovered in the blood test?
Is the dry patch spreading or peeling,itchy and red? Does it look healed?

mummy zaynie,they couldnt say exactly,just that the test (full blood count )indicated an infection.
the dry skin patches spread of recent as he had fever,it was the same time the infection was detected. it is itchy or red. you can feel the dry skin if u touch his body just same as an adult dry skin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
rofemiguwa:

I dunno d kind of patches ur son had.but wen pristine had dry patches due to heat rashes.i mixed her zinc n castor oil with shea butter and rubbed judiciously.in one week it clear everything.maybe u can try that.

Kpele.

thanks mummy. d mata don tire me.ds fever he had last brout it out and made it soo obvious. by touching his legs u must feel.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
zimunachimdi:

mummy zaynie,they couldnt say exactly,just that the test (full blood count )indicated an infection.
the dry skin patches spread of recent as he had fever,it was the same time the infection was detected. it is itchy or red. you can feel the dry skin if u touch his body just same as an adult dry skin.

Okay.
If its a bacterial infection, it will most likely go with topical application of drugs. If its viral, it will be a little more stubborn.
Someone gave a solution up there. I agree with it.
What I also do is let it breathe. Swipe with wipes, gently apply sudocreme and let breeze blow.
But Sudocreme is more of an antifungal sha.

Better still, let the Dr prescribe something for you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
zaynie:

Okay.
If its a bacterial infection, it will most likely go with topical application of drugs. If its viral, it will be a little more stubborn.
Someone gave a solution up there. I agree with it.
What I also do is let it breathe. Swipe with wipes, gently apply sudocreme and let breeze blow.
But Sudocreme is more of an antifungal sha.

Better still, let the Dr prescribe something for you.
ok ma,i appreciate this.

thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 10:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
zaynie:

Have you tried steam baths?
Hot water in a bucket, few drops of eucalyptus oil (silverbird) in it, hold baby on your laps and cover up with a thick blankie so he inhales the steam.

Put a few drops of the oil on his pillow or flannel or clothes.( avoid it touching his skin).

If he is ebf-ed, load on vit c so he can suck on it. If he isnt, hygienically juice some oranges and watermelon for him to drink. Vit C doesnt cure cold but it builds your immune system to fight the virus faster. Also up his water intake.
Also suck out the catarrh as it comes with your mouth or aspirator.
Keep the dust off.
Keep him away from strangers or anyone with any kind of illness. A prolonged cold is usually an indicator of a weak immune system.
Go low with the AC or fan.
Hold on with the night baths, a wash down with wet wipes will do the job.
Hold on with daily head/ hair wash.....weekly is just fine.

i ll follow all the instructions
thk u for the prompt response

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
Darsty99:
i ll follow all the instructions
thk u for the prompt response

Uwc
Lemme know how it goes....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 5:02am On Feb 06, 2017
hello wonderful mothers, it's been a while, I have come again ooo, lol!

I've searched for rota vaccine all over ikorodu no luck, I went to lasuth too no luck, i went to reddington hospital at Ikeja they said 15k I jejely carry my baby comot.

pls who knows any hospital closer to ikorodu or ketu where I can get t this vaccine very quick as hes almost 12weeks already.

@iomoge2, how do I get to kozito hospital, though its far but I'm considering it, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:20am On Feb 06, 2017
I put him to breast everytime even if it hurts

I stopped expressing as I realized expressing makes my breasts really sore (I use a manual pump). So till I get an electric pump, I doubt I'll express much
realdentist:
do u express or u put him to breast every time?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 5:29am On Feb 06, 2017
good morning mamas in d house..pls I ve being thinking of a suitable family planning method to adopt dat will take me for at least 3years without belle with little or no side effects. experienced mamas pls share ur experience on the one dat worked or is working for you. this matter is really urgent for peace to reign In my home
zaynie tchwinnie onegai and other experienced mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 5:36am On Feb 06, 2017
mamas another question, abeg asides exercises and tying tummy, Wat Oda way can I make my tummy go inn? is dia any special food to take and for how long? pls I need tummy to go down ooo
Valentine is around d corner.....lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by orbie11(f): 6:21am On Feb 06, 2017
[quote author=CharmyBliz post=53457251].pls I ve being thinking of a suitable family planning method to adopt dat will take me for at least 3years without belle with little or no side effects.

I did the copper IUD. Was told it cud last up to 8yrs sef. No side effects, period comes normally and it's really effective. Just cramps and spotting for like 2 days after the procedure. Other sabi mamas wud chook mouth.

Pls mamas, how do I go about cleaning my baby's mouth. He is 3 months. Tried using a wash cloth with my finger but his mouth is too small. Cud not even reach his tongue sef.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ajuwarhodes(f): 8:03am On Feb 06, 2017
Florena:

I've searched for rota vaccine all over ikorodu no luck, I went to lasuth too no luck, i went to reddington hospital at Ikeja they said 15k I jejely carry my baby comot.

pls who knows any hospital closer to ikorodu or ketu where I can get t this vaccine very quick as hes almost 12weeks already.

@iomoge2, how do I get to kozito hospital, though its far but I'm considering it, thanks

We took ours at a private hospital at ojodu,(I didn't want to answer this cause have forgotten the name of the hospital) but conscience no gree me keep quite. U see,the street close to vio office,its called akinsanya street.the hospital is the only hospital on that street,not far once u enter the street,we took two doses,the first one we paid 6k only to want to take the second dose they said its 8k ,well we still took it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phummy1821: 8:35am On Feb 06, 2017
Good morning mamas in the house, please do we have any calabar mama in the house abi na only me waka come. Does anybody know any hospital in calabar that gives the rota vaccine? I was told at the health center that the vaccine is not available in Cross River state, pls help my baby is 11 weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 10:07am On Feb 06, 2017
Florena:

Kizito is near my house o.
Find your way to Jakande bustop - lekki axis
Kizito is trackable from Jakande bustop.
But if cant trek u take keke.

7k5 first dose - 6weeks
9k5 second dose - 14weeks

Howz ur boy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2017
CharmyBliz:
good morning mamas in d house..pls I ve being thinking of a suitable family planning method to adopt dat will take me for at least 3years without belle with little or no side effects. experienced mamas pls share ur experience on the one dat worked or is working for you. this matter is really urgent for peace to reign In my home

I did IUD.
Even if i never see AF since delivery.
I did it at 6weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 10:10am On Feb 06, 2017
zimunachimdi:
pls mamas,how can i go about this. my ds has patches of dry skin on his body esp on his legs few months after birth. that was when i ask noticed his lymph nodes.
he had serious fever few last week,which brought out more patches of the dry skin. Dr said it might be the infection he is fighting that is causing it cos an infection was found in the blood text but they couldn't detect where it is from. the fever is gone but the dry skin are much now.

help me mamas.
cc: helovesme,
alphahandmaiden,onegai,zaynie,rofemiguwa,coldfeet and other mamas.

My son had it too. I'm currently use baby tribotan mixed with Shea butter and its clearing off. You might want to try that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 10:11am On Feb 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:
I put him to breast everytime even if it hurts

I stopped expressing as I realized expressing makes my breasts really sore (I use a manual pump). So till I get an electric pump, I doubt I'll express much

Even d electric dey show me shege.
Chia.
Motherhood is bliss.

Get a nipple cream

I wrote Nip. Ple... lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 10:12am On Feb 06, 2017
zaynie:

Haaa!
Twice a day ke?
Once a week is even best for nice luxuriant hair cos washing strips off the natural oils in the hair.
You wey old pass am, how many times you dey wash hair in a month?

You're welcome beebe grin

We didnt wash d head/hair this morning.
Chio.
Felt akward.
There was soap all over the back of the head.
Me just use wash cloth to clean.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 10:14am On Feb 06, 2017
talltosyne:

2400? Where do u stay. I do buy 1800, and that is what my baby has being taking since 4months. He will be months on wed. It very ok.

Really? Same nutristart by cow &gate?. I actually saw it at shoprite. The one in surulere.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by destiny4life: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2017
Get Shea butter for your baby. It is 100% shea butter mixed up with essential oil. Contact me on 07033283584
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missade(f): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2017
CharmyBliz:

I got an implant... "Implanon". Its inserted into the upper arm and is valid for 3yrs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missade(f): 10:58am On Feb 06, 2017
[quote author=iomoge2 post=53453083]^^^

Thankz mum Zaynie.
Guess thats d culprit.
[/quote

Sigh...we've been battling the catarrh since Wed...did steam bath and got Vit C to help. Its better now only to be replaced by cough

Pls is there anything I can do for the cough?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2017
[quote author=orbie11 post=53457640][/quote]

I wrap cotton wool around my finger and wet it. Like really wrap it well so it cannot loosen and fall inside lo's throat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2017
Don't mind Nairaland and their word sensoring.
I don find that ni.pple cream tire. E no de market! Even the big pharmacies no get am. I saw ur online and ordered it since over a week ago, but then never call me and then never deliver. I want to buy a ni.pple shield so that I won't feel pain when he latches on as we are still trying to get used to latching.

iomoge2:

Even d electric dey show me shege.
Chia.
Motherhood is bliss.

Get a nipple cream

I wrote Nip. Ple... lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 11:06am On Feb 06, 2017
@ missade

Yes o.
Sugar n palm oil
Give every 2 hours

One cube of st loiuse sugar in sizable palm oil
In a small cup and mix.
Give her every 2 hours.

I did it 4 Zoey at 2 or 3 weeks o.
By 4th application she coughed plenty mucor out with the oil.
Since then till today no single cough.

This cattarh has been stand alone.

I learnt this from our very own Mum zaynie

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dependableGod(f): 11:56am On Feb 06, 2017
[quote author=jazzyjazz post=53336770]Please how often should I give him water? Is it after every bottle feeding? Or is it just in the mornings? How many hours interval?

cc mizmycoli

As I am now I'm sitting with warm water in his feeding bottle just waiting for him to wake up. I don't think I can go through tonight seeing him in pains again. Looking at him suffer today brought me to tears, and cos I was not myself, breast milk kukuma decided not to flow

Hmmmm it is well
GIve him water after meal, make it little warm just Like other mama said, relax he will b fyn! Good morning great Mama, I'm new in dis house and I praise u all, keep it up! pls mummies can I give my baby Quaker oats when he is 6months? he is 5months plus. tks and God bless.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missade(f): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2017
iomoge2:
@ missade

Yes o.
Sugar n palm oil
Give every 2 hours

One cube of st loiuse sugar in sizable palm oil
In a small cup and mix.
Give her every 2 hours.

I did it 4 Zoey at 2 or 3 weeks o.
By 4th application she coughed plenty mucor out with the oil.
Since then till today no single cough.

This cattarh has been stand alone.

I learnt this from our very own Mum zaynie

Oh wow...lemme try this o. Thanks!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ajuwarhodes(f): 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
sugarcanebaby:

My son had it too. I'm currently use baby tribotan mixed with Shea butter and its clearing off. You might want to try that.

That baby tribotan works like magic,for skin ish,I don't lack it at home and it has never disappointed me.anything skin wahala.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by WambyDiapers: 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
From now till end of February!

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.