Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402416 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amypearl: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Can a seven weeks old take this? Considering how tender their digestive systems are? I'm new here o, been inactive for a while but formerly from tcc, ivf, blocked tubes tread. lol, its been a long but rewarding ride after all
Congratulations to you o, also had a blocked tube bt sonohsg opened mine. Our God is faithful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2017
tippex:

Pls i need.d addy for d shampoo too
Cappo please where did you buy this shampoo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
Pls mama's, do we have any thread on preterm babies?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Can a seven weeks old take this? Considering how tender their digestive systems are? I'm new here o, been inactive for a while but formerly from tcc, ivf, blocked tubes tread. lol, its been a long but rewarding ride after all

We're happy to have you here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by menwongo(m): 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
maran1983:
Ednutey, I do not know about you but for me palm wine actually dried me up. Yes, I lactated better for a few days but got dry again. I immediately stopped the wine and continued with my pap and kunu.

Strange though, I usually get fresh one for my sister. And it's good for her.
Well body systems are not the same,
At the same time; maybe the palm wine you took is not fresh (early morning).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
tippex:

Thanks Cappo. She is doing great, getting bigger by the day and i am so glad considering the fact that she was very tiny when i had her. I have been dealing with rashes/ela these past few weeks, its all over her upper body, especially her face, neck and back. I have been using agnesia powder which i don't think is working, but i am still using it anyway. I have also tried red akalifer which i used to bathe her for like 4 days but i still did not see any changes, someone even suggested that i give her to drink but i said lai lai, e never reach. My MIL said i should use sudocrem which i have tried a few times but i am officially tired. The hair at the back of her head is also falling off, i think its cradle cap which is why i asked about the shampoo.

Please is goodies supermarket on the island?

cc@wholeso.megrace
The rashes might be a fungal infection you know. Have you tried an antifungal cream? Hair falling off bit is mostly as a result of cradle cap. Goodies have branches in VI, Apapa and Ikeja. Bought it at the Ikeja branch.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2017
callola:

Dont know about NL, but there is an organisation that offers support for Pre-terms on Facebook, they may be able to help as they are mostly mums of preemies themselves

you can look them up

https://www.facebook.com/Borntooearly/

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:15am On Feb 14, 2017
callola:
My nieces (Sil triplets) came at 35 weeks! They are four weeks old now,you can ask me about their progress, care plus challenges if it's something we've experienced I'll share with you my knowledge so far.
The Fb link alpha mama posted should also be a good start.
Is your lo here? You haven't announced yet! Congrats all the same.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2017
Liftedhands:
My nieces (Sil triplets) came at 35 weeks! They are four weeks old now,you can ask me about their progress, care plus challenges if it's something we've experienced I'll share with you my knowledge so far.
The Fb link alpha mama posted should also be a good start.
Is your lo here? You haven't announced yet! Congrats all the same.
yes, she came at 32 weeks and weight 1.8kg. We are 2 weeks old. My problem with her is that she poo always so am thinking of stopping brest milk for now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 10:08am On Feb 14, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Dont know about NL, but there is an organisation that offers support for Pre-terms on Facebook, they may be able to help as they are mostly mums of preemies themselves

you can look them up

https://www.facebook.com/Borntooearly/
thanks, i will check it out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:32am On Feb 14, 2017
callola:

cc Liftedhands,

this may interest you:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/wambydiapers/photos/?tab=album&album_id=805863906218747
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:43am On Feb 14, 2017
callola:
yes, she came at 32 weeks and weight 1.8kg. We are 2 weeks old. My problem with her is that she poo always so am thinking of stopping brest milk for now
Don't stop breast milk please! You should be thinking of augmenting with formula so she can build up fast. Have you guys been discharged? Cos at this stage she should be in a nicu and fed through a tube(Gavage) so that she can be fed well cos her suction isn't strong enough to feed by herself. If the poop is runny please alert your health provider so they can access her properly.

Also keep her away from people as much as possible as I'm sure she hasn't been given bcg due to birth weight? Mine took theirs yesterday when they reached 2.5kg.

Please o whatever you do don't stop breastfeeding her she needs it more than anything! My Sil was told to express and give them with spoon cos they couldn't suck much on their own.
All the same always inform your doctor before you make any changes or adjustment to her care cos she's very delicate and may not handle stuffs like full term babies.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

cc Lifted..
this may interest you:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/wambydiapers/photos/?tab=album&album_id=805863906218747
Thanks mama will look into it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 12:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
Educational Toys for Kids:

Wooden Shape Sorting Clock (#2,000): learn shapes, colours, numbers and counting then gradually to learn to tell the time. Teaches fine motor skills, numbers, colors, shapes, and concepts of time. Can help cultivate baby’s hands, eyes, brain coordination ability, exercise finger flexibility to guide the baby paradigm shift capability, essential goods for the children to learn and grow

Tetris Brain Teaser Puzzle Toy (#3,500): Creative puzzle, using a variety of building blocks, posing a variety of graphics. Aims at Training kids imagination, eye-hand coordination and color & shape recognition

Early Mathematics Educational Box with Wooden Numbers (#3,000): Learn numbers and alphabets, Learn simple maths arithmetic, Helps develop kid’s intelligence and practical manual ability.

Kids Educational Microscope Kit (Magnifies 100-1200X) #7,500: Microscope Kit encourages scientific exploration and discovery, introduces a key scientific tool in a fun way.Provides high magnification for educational applications,100x, 400x, and 1200x Magnification. Super educational toy includes everything necessary for a child to be introduced to science and get started dissecting specimens. Monocular viewing head with LED,Comes with multi-piece accessory kit

Call 08060675824 to order or visit https://edtech.com.ng/product-category/educational-toys/

Delivery available all over Nigeria.

2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
Liftedhands:
Don't stop breast milk please! You should be thinking of augmenting with formula so she can build up fast. Have you guys been discharged? Cos at this stage she should be in a nicu and fed through a tube(Gavage) so that she can be fed well cos her suction isn't strong enough to feed by herself. If the poop is runny please alert your health provider so they can access her properly.

Also keep her away from people as much as possible as I'm sure she hasn't been given bcg due to birth weight? Mine took theirs yesterday when they reached 2.5kg.

Please o whatever you do don't stop breastfeeding her she needs it more than anything! My Sil was told to express and give them with spoon cos they couldn't suck much on their own.
All the same always inform your doctor before you make any changes or adjustment to her care cos she's very delicate and may not handle stuffs like full term babies.

true, i do express but once in a while I use formula. Just that her weight is constant. We are still in the hospital but not in incu and we use cup and spoon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
amypearl:

Mummy wholesomegrace, how I go do na? Do u hav any suggestions cos this cough is becoming too uncomfortable for my son. I dey almost wan go buy cough syrup sef cos d thing tire me

I suggested it to my mum too, but she wasn't comfortable cos of his age. We are now using one syrup prescribed by the doc, cant remember the name now cos i'm not at home.

cc zaynie

She fit help confirm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tippex(f): 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
sugah:

The rashes might be a fungal infection you know. Have you tried an antifungal cream? Hair falling off bit is mostly as a result of cradle cap. Goodies have branches in VI, Apapa and Ikeja. Bought it at the Ikeja branch.

Ok. Thankss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tippex(f): 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
callola:

I am not sure, but do you have any specific question in mind?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by snowphunmee: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
good day mamas in the house. This is my first time i am commenting. My LO has alefo(in yoruba), any suggestions on what i can use for it pls?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by snowphunmee: 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
The alefo is really disturbing my LO making him uncomfortable. He is just 6 months. Pls mamas help with what i can use to clear it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
callola:

Mompurity2 can help you.

She had preterm twins
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
callola:

this might help too as I have benefitted a lot,if you are on Facebook, search for the 'ask the pediatricians' group,they 'd put you through.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
Abiagirl777:

this might help too as I have benefitted a lot,if you are on Facebook, search for the 'ask the pediatricians' group,they 'd put you through.
thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
feddy27:

Mompurity2 can help you.

She had preterm twins
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
tippex:

I am not sure, but do you have any specific question in mind?
yes, i will like to share ideas and experience, even question concerning preterms
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
amypearl:

Mummy wholesomegrace, how I go do na? Do u hav any suggestions cos this cough is becoming too uncomfortable for my son. I dey almost wan go buy cough syrup sef cos d thing tire me

Sorry for the late response.
I guess you should. IOmoge2 said she used it before her daughter was 3 months.

Kisses to the little one kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beckytunde(f): 11:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ajuwarhodes(f): 11:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
amypearl:

Congratulations to you o, also had a blocked tube bt sonohsg opened mine. Our God is faithful

I was abt to have this sonohsg procedure, but I cried n cried n prayed n prayed n feared n feared...that week of my scheduled procedures... I was like,when is my next period sef!
Lo and behold I checked my calendar (I always have one in my hand bag) I had missed my period... He's 7months now

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babyboom(f): 9:33am On Feb 15, 2017
callola:
true, i do express but once in a while I use formula. Just that her weight is constant. We are still in the hospital but not in incu and we use cup and spoon

i have personal experience
Please feed with cup and spoon every three hours, only suck for less than 10 mins at each feed,
cos the more she sucks, the more she will be losing weight
and the reason is because she is using the strength to grow fat in sucking.

i did exclusive for six month and u needed to have see the baby, u will never believe the birth weight.
if u can stop formular , please do and feed religiously till the baby is up too 3kg,
just suck occasionally so, he/she will not loose the sucking reflex.
when i mean feed every three hours, please includes night also,
when sleeping wake the baby up to eat,
do this for one month, u will see at least 0.5kg in a week,
dont forget to burp and maintain utmost clean hygiene.

will be here to answer any question also.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TEEKAY2000: 10:07am On Feb 15, 2017
callola:
I don't think so
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2017
gwng:
Educational Toys for Kids:

Wooden Shape Sorting Clock (#2,000): learn shapes, colours, numbers and counting then gradually to learn to tell the time. Teaches fine motor skills, numbers, colors, shapes, and concepts of time. Can help cultivate baby’s hands, eyes, brain coordination ability, exercise finger flexibility to guide the baby paradigm shift capability, essential goods for the children to learn and grow

Tetris Brain Teaser Puzzle Toy (#3,500): Creative puzzle, using a variety of building blocks, posing a variety of graphics. Aims at Training kids imagination, eye-hand coordination and color & shape recognition

Early Mathematics Educational Box with Wooden Numbers (#3,000): Learn numbers and alphabets, Learn simple maths arithmetic, Helps develop kid’s intelligence and practical manual ability.

Kids Educational Microscope Kit (Magnifies 100-1200X) #7,500: Microscope Kit encourages scientific exploration and discovery, introduces a key scientific tool in a fun way.Provides high magnification for educational applications,100x, 400x, and 1200x Magnification. Super educational toy includes everything necessary for a child to be introduced to science and get started dissecting specimens. Monocular viewing head with LED,Comes with multi-piece accessory kit

Call 08060675824 to order or visit https://edtech.com.ng/product-category/educational-toys/

Delivery available all over Nigeria.

Available... See pics.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:21am On Feb 15, 2017
callola you could start a thread on it, encourage others to join it and share support and tips. a lot of people don't like admitting it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.