Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4433799 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
Onegai:

Very short-sighted of you! angry CBN Governor is like 3 or 4 years' term, is that enough to cover school fees till 24?? tongue Better join me as I learn my language and Himself's own, visit the homeland and aim to run for Senate or HOR grin permanent position for at least 10 years and no-one will be taking your name to babalawo Everytime dollar rises. See Remi Tinubu nah!

He he he we are not greedy people! tongue

Besides we are very efficient - we will achieve in 4 years what others are doing in 10! - think abdulsallam! cool
Lol

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good evening everyone.
Am still battling with pains from the tear I was given.
Pls anyone with advice on how to take care of the site especially so that the pain can reduce quickly as am in real pain
Cc all mama
Pls don't read and pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
Mamas in the house i greet everyone. Pls my 3weeks old son has this disturbing rashes on his face for the past one week and its increasing everyday. I have tried to review it online and i think its baby acne. I was using coconut oil on his face i stopped as soon as i noticed the rash. Who has experienced it what did u use that cleared it? Im just very uncomfortable with it. See pics below

@feddy27 @jazzyjazz @AkorAkor @zanyie @iomoge2

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
I guess the coconut oil was the culprit ( it blocked the skin pores and didn't allow baby's skin to breath). You can make agnesia powder into a paste; add little water and rub on his face. It would clear it in a couple of days. Pls stop applying anything on him for now, even soap.

Other mamas will contribute.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 9:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
Onaswu:
Good evening everyone.
Pls anyone with advice on how to take care of the site especially so that the pain can reduce quickly as am in real pain
Cc all mama
Pls don't read and pass

Sorry about the pain dearie. You birthed three days ago right? Be religious with your sitz bath but please do not sit in or over hot water as it may dissolve ur stitches and lead to a breakdown. With time, you will feel much better. Pele dear. Welcome to motherhood.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
Onaswu:
Good evening everyone.
Cc all mama
Pls don't read and pass

I was given dermoplast spray to spray on the site everytime I urinate. Also, Tuck pad to put on it. I took ibuprofen and in 2weeks the site healed completely. I did the sitz bath religiously. When I get home I will snap these items so u can see them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
Baby tribotan worked for me. But my son has a sensitive skin so the tribotan was harsh for him. As in the rash was going but he was having a burnt looking skin. So I started mixing the tribotan with Shea butter and now his face is as good as new.

Try the baby tribotan on its own for 2 days and see how it is. If it's too harsh for your baby, mix with Shea butter.. ....mix more of the tribotan and small Shea butter
Chanbaby:
Mamas in the house i greet everyone. Pls my 3weeks old son has this disturbing rashes on his face for the past one week and its increasing everyday. I have tried to review it online and i think its baby acne. I was using coconut oil on his face i stopped as soon as i noticed the rash. Who has experienced it what did u use that cleared it? Im just very uncomfortable with it. See pics below

@feddy27 @jazzyjazz @AkorAkor @zanyie @iomoge2
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Baby tribotan worked for me. But my son has a sensitive skin so the tribotan was harsh for him. As in the rash was going but he was having a burnt looking skin. So I started mixing the tribotan with Shea butter and now his face is as good as new.

Try the baby tribotan on its own for 2 days and see how it is. If it's too harsh for your baby, mix with Shea butter.. ....mix more of the tribotan and small Shea butter

@Twogenerations @jazzyjazz thank u so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
Chanbaby:

@feddy...27 @jazzyj..azz @Akor..Akor @zany..ie @iomo..ge2

Get Gold bond powder from Walmart if you are still in. It works wonders. Otherwise, just let the skin breathe, it will clear out on its own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
AdaBiafra:
Gudmorning mama! I went to look for a shop yesterday. I saw two shops, one is (4000) a month and the other is (3,500) a month to be paid 1year and 6months. Agreement fee is (10,000) Agent fee is (7,000). Which will be in all (80,000) and (89,000) respectively.

Cc Helovesme

Seen. Let's continue this convo on PM.
check your PM.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
realdentist:
Good morning mums. I'm now officially a member of this group. Yaay! My Ds is 8 days old and I want to buy an electric breast pump. That manual na punishment abeg.
Pls I'd appreciate reviews about electric breast pumps u've used.
Cc helovesme other sabi mamas

medela swing electric breast pump.

i will suggest you make sure you are comfy with the whole idea of expressing before shelling out on a breast pump as these electric breast pumps aint cheap. i personally found the whole experience awkward and dumped the breast pump after using it twice. undecided this has nothing to do with the brand of the breast pump as medela is one of the best in the market.

i attended a baby shower recently and some mothers expressed the same reservation/experience with breast pumps.

personally, i prefer to just feed 'nippple to mouth', use a breastfeeding cover in public and at other times, give him formula in a bottle.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
Chanbaby:
Mamas in the house i greet everyone. Pls my 3weeks old son has this disturbing rashes on his face for the[b] past one week[/b] and its i[b]ncreasing everyday[/b]. I have tried to review it online and i think its baby acne. I was using coconut oil on his face i stopped as soon as i noticed the rash. Who has experienced it what did u use that cleared it? Im just very uncomfortable with it. See pics below

that is a lot of rash for a 3 weeks old.

personally, i will stop everything I am using - soap, cream, oil, etc and just take him to see a doctor/paediatrician.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
Doynb:
Good evening mamas, trust we're doing fine...my ebf daughter will be 6months this sunday, pls help with answers to these questions;
*what should be the 1st thing to give her? - pureed meals
** will she continue to use her bottles? yes. continue milk (breastmilk or formula or both till she's at least 12 months - this is very important. she needs all the calcium and nurients in milk
*** how many pureed foods in a day plus how many times should she be fed in a day in addition to breastmilk? depends really on your baby's appetite, growth sprouts, how much milk she takes. . .. i will say averagely 2-4 times a day
**** what affordable formula would you suggest? this is a thing of choice really. but do go for reputable baby milk brands.
***** is it compulsory to cut her hair? If yes,when? nope. it is not.
****** at what month is swallow and egg recommended? from 6 months. swallows must be really soft. go for healthier swallows like packaged (honeywell) semo and wheat as these are fortified with nutrients. stay away from eba. my personal favourites are amala and honeywell wheat. some babies do not like eggs though. mine hates it till date.
Any other tip would be appreciated, thanks in advance . give her lots of vegetables which can be pureed in various combinations. check my previous posts and alphahandmaiden's blog
Cc ,helovesme

answers in bold.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ileeri(f): 1:49am On Mar 08, 2017
hello mothers, I am a FTM with a 4 months old daughter. I noticed a strange skin discoloration on the right side of my LO's face under her eye like 2 weeks ago with some kinds of rough patches all over her face and I wonder what it could be .its really a big concern for me because prior to this she had a wonderful clear and smooth skin. please,I really would like to know if anyone has any idea how I could get her face smooth again. everyone thinks I am being dramatic that her skin is just changing and all would fade wit time.but yesterday it seems same thing is showing up on the left side as well.
Cc all mamas please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 7:41am On Mar 08, 2017
helovesme:

answers in bold.
Thank u ma'am,have a blessed day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 8:33am On Mar 08, 2017
Onaswu:
Good evening everyone.
Cc all mama
Pls don't read and pass

Mama, it must be either 3rd or 4th degree tear.
Did you start taking your drugs immediately you left the hospital?

What did they prescribe for you?

Have you been stressing yourself a lot?

How many months now?

Do you do sitz bath?

How do you do it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 10:13am On Mar 08, 2017
MizMyColi:

Mama, it must be either 3rd or 4th degree tear. Did you start taking your drugs immediately you left the hospital?
What did they prescribe for you?
Have you been stressing yourself a lot?
How many months now?
Do you do sitz bath?
How do you do it?
It is just few days paracetamol, flaggl and cefuroxine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 10:26am On Mar 08, 2017
Onaswu:

It is just few days
paracetamol, flaggl and cefuroxine

Nne, please get vitamin C.
White vitamin C. You have to. Take it 2 times daily - 2 tablets.

That place, are you sure water reaches there?
Make sure water is touching that place.

Use warm water, not hot water biko. then add savlon (NOT DETTOL - Dettol is mostly harsh for the skin there. Savlon is a milder antiseptic).
Add salt too, but not too much salt o. then sit inside the water. Just sit there.

I haven't heard of cefuroxine. But Augmentin as an antibiotic seems more effective.

That method of sitting on bucket and letting the smoke enter the hoohaa is not really okay, especially if you use dettol. It is better to that style when you want to combat infection, that is, if your wound has healed well.

Also, If you pee or poo, please make sure you rinse well.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:41am On Mar 08, 2017
hotmomma:
Dexterush, every time u post ur babies pics, I always "aww" and I thank God for you jare, used to wish for twins but my dear, with the one I have, I really thank God for the extra strength he gave to you twin mamas cos the thing no easy. I am always exhausted upon na one I get. Wonder how e go be when this my mat leave finishes self Pls working mamas, how do u do it?
helovesme and oda sabi mamas

rant over joor

its not always easy but with a supportive husband/partner, an understanding boss/employer and proper planning, you should be fine.

I am a 'morning person' which means i am known to wake up at 5am to wash the bathroom grin and do other 'noiseless' house chores like loading the washing machine, folding away clothes, etc. the only thing i do not do at odd hours is using the vacuum cleaner and that's just because i would hate to wake up my baby.

I do most of my shopping online and in large quantities. Not only is this very convenient as everything in delivered to my door but it also makes financial sense. for perishables like plantain, yam, etc, i buy them about once in two weeks. items like ata rodo, sweet peppers, beef, chicken, i buy in large quantities and freeze. the only time i go to the supermarket is when i want to buy fresh fish, fresh fruits/vegetables and fresh bread - 15mins max and i am out.

i do not plan for the next day is because after the day job, picking up my son (usually between 5.30pm and 6pm) and preparing the family's dinner, laziness cool and tiredness sets in and all I want to do is relax, bond with hubby/son, press phone, watch tv and sleep.

another reason why I do not plan for the next day the night before because there is very little reason to. I leave a small batch of spare clothes at my son's nursery, the nursery also provides nappies and wipes and all i have to do is provide one meal a day while they provide the rest (it takes me less than 15mins to peel, boil sweet potatoes and some vegetables and sprinkle mozzarella). for more exotic meals like pasta laced with vegetables, chicken, etc, it takes longer. I am blessed to have excellent and reliable childcare that's open 8am -6pm which makes my monday to friday so much easier. day job comes with reasonable flexible work hours/terms - 8am to 4pm or 9am to 5pm or log in remotely and work from home if there is really no reason to be in the office physically.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good day mamas. Please I need your opinion on something.
I have some items that I want to give away (about 3 packs of newborn diapers and formula 3 tins of formula that my son rejected).
There's my neighbor (opposite my house) that is very pregnant and might pop soon that I'm thinking of giving the items to. Problem is, we don't know each other..IV only seen her about 3times coming back from work and we live in a 'mind your business' estate.
Would this be seen as a good gesture or might she be offended?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Wow...found my way back to this thread..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
ileeri:
hello mothers, I am a FTM with a 4 months old daughter. I noticed a strange skin discoloration on the right side of my LO's face under her eye like 2 weeks ago with some kinds of rough patches all over her face and I wonder what it could be .its really a big concern for me because prior to this she had a wonderful clear and smooth skin. please,I really would like to know if anyone has any idea how I could get her face smooth again. everyone thinks I am being dramatic that her skin is just changing and all would fade wit time.but yesterday it seems same thing is showing up on the left side as well.
Cc all mamas please.

Put up a picture it'll be easier to provide suggestions or input!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
sugah:
I have some items that I want to give away (about 3 packs of newborn diapers and formula 3 tins of formula that my son rejected).
There's my neighbor (opposite my house) that is very pregnant and might pop soon that I'm thinking of giving the items to. Problem is, we don't know each other..IV only seen her about 3times coming back from work and we live in a 'mind your business' estate.

If she's not indigent i.e. Low income I'd suggest you give out to others who would need it more.

Try your church or look for beggars or ask your colleagues if anyone has a cleaner/nanny who's pregnant.

Hope you get my drift?

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
sugah:
There's my neighbor (opposite my house) that is very pregnant and might pop soon that I'm thinking of giving the items to. Problem is, we don't know each other.. IV only seen her about 3times coming back from work and we live in a 'mind your business' estate.

you do not know each other
you do not talk
you do not know her name
and then you suddenly want to walk up to her to dash her diapers and baby food grin grin Nahhh! Bad idea !

she might end up feeling offended/really insulted.
give it to someone else or just lock up the items in storage till you find someone that you know or a via a third party that will truly appreciate the gesture.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
sugah:

lol at Babythug and helovesme responses.

Naija people can para sha.

it might not be all that bad na.

i honestly don't think its a bad idea, what is the worst she will say.... No thanks.

you dont talk before so its not like a relationship is in jeopardy. everyone will just go back to their mind your business mode.

Just go up to her and tell her you have a few new born nappies and formular if she would like to have them.

you will just be surprised that you may be the answer to a prayer. you know we naija people like to show our head is above water even when its not. as they say dont judge a book by its cover.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 3:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
pls mamas,, how do I help me baby? he was immunized last Monday and d site is till hard till nw... Wat do I apply to it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
I understand your sentiments babythug and helovesme. It's a Nigerian thing. The diapers sef eh, it was a guy that came to clean the house I was staying in before my delivery that offered them and I really appreciated it cos I hadn't bought any diapers at the time. Could I afford it, definitely! But I accepted it wholeheartedly cos I knew the intentions were genuine. The diapers served me for months before my DS outgrew them and I have 120 pieces left.
The only person I know that's pregnant is not in Lagos (I might just package the diapers and waybill to her) but the formula needs to be consumed soon cos of the shelf life.

I don't really go to church and I'm not working atm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
MizMyColi:

Nne, please get vitamin C.
White vitamin C. You have to. Take it 2 times daily - 2 tablets.

That place, are you sure water reaches there?
Make sure water is touching that place.

Use warm water, not hot water biko. then add savlon (NOT DETTOL - Dettol is mostly harsh for the skin there. Savlon is a milder antiseptic).
Add salt too, but not too much salt o. then sit inside the water. Just sit there.

I haven't heard of cefuroxine. But Augmentin as an antibiotic seems more effective.

That method of sitting on bucket and letting the smoke enter the hoohaa is not really okay, especially if you use dettol. It is better to that style when you want to combat infection, that is, if your wound has healed well.

Also, If you pee or poo, please make sure you rinse well.

Thanks so much for your suggestions will do just that

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
Abeg package the diaper and send it to me grin i stay in lagos u can give her the formula as my lo will be in my arms in may
sugah:
I understand your sentiments babythug and helovesme. It's a Nigerian thing. The diapers sef eh, it was a guy that came to clean the house I was staying in before my delivery that offered them and I really appreciated it cos I hadn't bought any diapers at the time. Could I afford it, definitely! But I accepted it wholeheartedly cos I knew the intentions were genuine. The diapers served me for months before my DS outgrew them and I have 120 pieces left.
The only person I know that's pregnant is not in Lagos (I might just package the diapers and waybill to her) but the formula needs to be consumed soon cos of the shelf life.

I don't really go to church and I'm not working atm

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
Exactly it might even be part of her prayer point cus diaper is the most expensive item in baby's list bcus u have have to keep buying in bulk
AlphaHandMaiden:

lol at Babythug and helovesme responses.

Naija people can para sha.

it might not be all that bad na.

i honestly don't think its a bad idea, what is the worst she will say.... No thanks.

you dont talk before so its not like a relationship is in jeopardy. everyone will just go back to their mind your business mode.

Just go up to her and tell her you have a few new born nappies and formular if she would like to have them.

you will just be surprised that you may be the answer to a prayer. you know we naija people like to show our head is above water even when its not. as they say dont judge a book by its cover.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dear CS Mamas please advise. Did you use a belly band (waist cincher/trainer/wetin dem dey call am). If yes how many days/weeks post op?

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.