Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4466623 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
enque:
Good Morning Mamas,

Hope we are having a beautiful monday.

Please oh, i have an issue. My DD is 15weekds old today, and Aunt flo resumed yesterday morning. The situation now is that the flow is very very heavy, such that i have to change every 1hr 30mins..I have almost exhausted 2 packs of always between last night and this morning.

Is this normal?? or will it reduce after a while.

p.s - this is my first period after I put to bed.

cc Liftedhands
Zaynie
Rofemiguwa

all other mamas.

Its normal.i bleed for 9days sef d first af.heavy ones like dis.my mum said is because i refused to take uda wen she was giving me.now everytin is coming down.dunno if na oldwives tale.
But dont worry by sceond month everything will normalise
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
Onaswu:
Good mama, am new here, My one week old baby has wat Yoruba call Alefo and rashes. please any mama with suggestions on how to eradicate it, as it seems to be increasing daily and making the baby uncomfortable.
cc all mama
zaynie
helovesme
rofemiguwa
liftedhands

Stop all soap and cream for now.allow the skin breath

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
goodevening to u all. Pls how do i stop my lo frm sucking her thumb, for the past one week she has been sucking her thumb esp when she wnts to sleep. She weighed 5.3kg at her 10wks vaccine, is that weight ok for her?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
Ovems:

Goodmorning Mamas. I made the earlier post in Nov 2016, would have been back to share the testimony after we made progress but my son was just falling my hand. Lol. Sometimes, we would have made a lot of progress and the next thing, I will notice that we had taken few steps back.
Well, now he is 13months old. He wakes up just once or twice. I give him water when he wakes up which is usually 4hours after he sleeps. But when he wakes up the second time, its breastmilk (which I intend to stop totally soon). The goodnews is he sleeps for 4hours straight but still doesn't sleep all through the night. We are getting there sha.
For those still going through something similar, I just ignored his request for breastmilk and offered water instead. He resisted and cried for loooong at first but with time, the cries reduced and he now looks for the water himself now and goes back to sleep on his own. Thank you all for your help especially Onegai, Zaynie, AlphaHandMaiden, helovesme. Really grateful.

Thanks so much for this. I am in this same situation, my baby is 13 months old but has never slept through the night. I tried doing the water thing 2 weeks ago but she fell sick few days after I started. I had to continue with the braestfeeding o, my braests have suffered. I will attempt it again though.

Please mamas I need home remedies for catarrh that refused to stop in toddlers. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2017
AbbynHummy:
goodevening to u all. Pls how do i stop my lo frm sucking her thumb, for the past one week she has been sucking her thumb esp when she wnts to sleep. She weighed 5.3kg at her 10wks vaccine, is that weight ok for her?

as for the sucking I'll advise you leave her, she will stop when she's ready, my son suddenly stopped at about3month.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Its normal.i bleed for 9days sef d first af.heavy ones like dis.my mum said is because i refused to take uda wen she was giving me.now everytin is coming down.dunno if na oldwives tale.
But dont worry by sceond month everything will normalise

9 days?? shocked wtf?!!
Chai! I took uda soup well well na...
It is well o!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
AbbynHummy:

I remember ur lo weighed 2.5kg at birth abi? I think ur doing great..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
Florena:

as for the sucking I'll advise you leave her, she will stop when she's ready, my son suddenly stopped at about3month.
Tanx, i jux hope she stops it very soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
enque:

I remember ur lo weighed 2.5kg at birth abi? I think ur doing great..
Yes, she weighed 2.5 at birth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hello mamas. My lo is dealing with serious gas pains. He grunts and strains with plenty farting and it's affecting his sleep. What can I do to ease it? He burps after eating all the time so I know it's not that. He's 3 weeks old. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Stop all soap and cream for now.allow the skin breath
alright thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
babythug:

My son had it at about that age too! I read that it could be caused by dehydration so step up on his feeds and give little water if need be. Most of the reviews I also read online also said not to worry that it'll go on its own and that's what happened!!!
I am relieved.. thk u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rommutd: 3:28am On Mar 14, 2017
Hello! I'm a Rom, I would like to challenge the whole world with the kind of games follows:
First, Super Smash Flash 2 v0 9b is a perfect upgrade of Super Smash Flash Game. A well-known, addictive game with millions of searches every month. Not many games surpass the number 1.000.000 like this game.

Second, You’ll have to be very ingenious to pass the levels in the game. At a high level, you will face many difficulties.
Rolling Sky 2 Online has 14 levels for you to conquer, if you pass level 14, you really are a top player.

And finally, Drag the ball left or right and avoid all obstacles. Do not deviate from track! Come on! Relentless pursuit of super speed. You can be faster along with the music rhythm!

Rolling Sky Game is a 3D game. There are many different levels of play at the levels of increasing difficulty. At a high level, you will have to overcome many more obstacles, requires ingenuity, agility and persistence.
Are you ready?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 5:49am On Mar 14, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hello mamas. My lo is dealing with serious gas pains. He grunts and strains with plenty farting and it's affecting his sleep. What can I do to ease it? He burps after eating all the time so I know it's not that. He's 3 weeks old. Thanks
Baby farting is a broad topic but you might want to check the kind of food you are taking (I guess you are breast feeding him), they might be gas producing meal like vegetable,beans etc in fact eating some certain kind of fruits and diary product by breast feeding mother can cause flatulence in babies.
He can also swallow air bubbles during breast feeding and this can also make him pass gas , some babies face indigestion when they are introduced to formula or semi-solids, their digestive system needs some time to adjust.
Your baby is fine as its normal for babies at his stage to be have developing digestive system,your best bet is to remain calm and try soothing tactics that can help your baby relax.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 8:15am On Mar 14, 2017
@Abiagirl, thanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 8:22am On Mar 14, 2017
Pls Mamas I need ur advice. My LO is 2weeks born as a preterm at 35weeks. She finds it hard sucking although I read it's one of the challenges of having them early. Breast milk is never enough for her or I assume she doesn't get enough as she can't suck very hard but she is coming now. I had to resort to water and glucose as she was dehydrated for 3days after birth. Later we had to get her SMA gold to augment. Pls has anyone had such a challenge? How did u deal with it and how can I increase my milk supply?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 9:32am On Mar 14, 2017
ambient:
Mothers in the pls I need your input and how to handle this matter pls ...

My new house help have been acting strangely since morning after sometime she came to meet me and start telling me how my eight years old niece do touch her breast at night and sometimes try to jump on her body. I was just surprise. I called her into the room and started asking her questions
- the only time she was sexually molested was when she was one year her devil uncle tried to penetrate her (he is still in jail)
-her mum is a no nonsense woman so she was rightly trained
-I don't allow her to watch adult movies in short I watch all my movies in my room.

So am confuse, is it from school or have she been doing it for long.she swears that she has not been molested by anybody and she doesn't know about her uncle.

Please probe further and address the root cause and address it fast. This is a case of sexual abuse beyond when she was one year old. She is not too young for sex education, which should be started as early as 2 years in age appropriate ways... pedophiles are every where.

Also, if you watch adult movies even in your room, i suggest you stop for her sake and for the sake of your children. Children have a way to get hold of this things without you knowing.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:11am On Mar 14, 2017
Yesitsme:
Pls Mamas I need ur advice. My LO is 2weeks born as a preterm at 35weeks. She finds it hard sucking although I read it's one of the challenges of having them early. Breast milk is never enough for her or I assume she doesn't get enough as she can't suck very hard but she is coming now. I had to resort to water and glucose as she was dehydrated for 3days after birth. Later we had to get her SMA gold to augment. Pls has anyone had such a challenge? How did u deal with it and how can I increase my milk supply?

Look 4 fenugreek seed n buy.soak it in hot water for 2hrs.then sieve n drink.do dis morning n evening by 3days u shud see a difference.also buy locust beans(iru) wash it well and chew.take lots of fluid too and keep putting baby to breast.even after giving her formulae still allow her suck so she can activate d flow.

Just breathe n take it oneday at a time.kisses to ur lo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:24am On Mar 14, 2017
Yesitsme:
I'd suggest you get Pre-Nan instead of the sma as the pre Nan is made with preemies nutritional and digestive system in mind.

You should also do more expressing of breasts milk cos she is losing g precious weight sucking! feed her including the formula with a spoon or Syringe.

Give her more frequent feeds like every one and half hour cos she needs to build body fat fast.

Take warm baths, drinks lots of fluid and rest plenty to stimulate milk flow, uda pepper soup did it for me.

Put her to suck every now and then but don't let her stay on the breast for long for now till you are sure she is getting enough milk and not just doing exercise

Additionally limit her exposure to people if she hasn't gotten her bcg shots till she is up to 2.5 kg and gets it.

Don't give her baths yet just clean her body with a warm wet cloth.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 10:36am On Mar 14, 2017
Please Mamas, what's your take on this idea of giving teething remedies to babies who are showing signs of teething?

Baby is not showing any severe symptom like diarhea or fever, or boils...but folk still insist that babies should be given drugs to prevent terrible symptoms.

I'm at a crossroad now, I don't even know the one to follow again.

It's not like we have seen any teeth sef. all she just does is produce excess saliva and then sometimes, it looks like she's crying cos tears keep coming out from one eye.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 10:49am On Mar 14, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Do you have to pack your lo's meals for the entire day at nursery?
something for him to eat for 8 hours
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:26am On Mar 14, 2017
MizMyColi:
Please Mamas, what's your take on this idea of giving teething remedies to babies who are showing signs of teething?

Baby is not showing any severe symptom like diarhea or fever, or boils...but folk still insist that babies should be given drugs to prevent terrible symptoms.

It's not like we have seen any teeth sef. all she just does is produce excess saliva and then sometimes, it looks like she's crying cos tears keep coming out from one eye.
No drugs please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2017
MizMyColi:

Don't let anyone pressure you unnecessarily. Just say thank you and you've heard then move on.

Drugs for teething aren't necessary if baby has a fever then administer pcm we may be required.

Offer he child cold teething rings to itch the gums

Shikena

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
Liftedhands:
I'd suggest you get Pre-Nan instead of the sma as the pre Nan is made with preemies nutritional and digestive system in mind.

You should also do more expressing of breasts milk cos she is losing g precious weight sucking! feed her including the formula with a spoon or Syringe.

Give her more frequent feeds like every one and half hour cos she needs to build body fat fast.

Take warm baths, drinks lots of fluid and rest plenty to stimulate milk flow, uda pepper soup did it for me.

Put her to suck every now and then but don't let her stay on the breast for long for now till you are sure she is getting enough milk and not just doing exercise

Additionally limit her exposure to people if she hasn't gotten her bcg shots till she is up to 2.5 kg and gets it.

Don't give her baths yet just clean her body with a warm wet cloth.
the sma was prescribed by the midwive who took her delivery. She weighed 2.5kg at birth and I always put her to suck every two hours of which she doesn't do while sleeping so I give her milk with cup and spoon. We used syringe initially after expressing the breast milk but now her demand is high,we moved to cup and spoon. I take uda everyday. She got her bcg four days after birth. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
rofemiguwa:

No drugs please.

babythug:

Don't let anyone pressure you unnecessarily. Just say thank you and you've heard then move on.

Drugs for teething aren't necessary if baby has a fever then administer pcm we may be required.

Offer he child cold teething rings to itch the gums

Shikena

Thank you.
These teething remedies contain paracetamol, and the liver has a hard time processing PCM.

I will just stick with givig Vit. C once again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thanks a lot Mama

jam04:

Baby farting is a broad topic but you might want to check the kind of food you are taking (I guess you are breast feeding him), they might be gas producing meal like vegetable,beans etc in fact eating some certain kind of fruits and diary product by breast feeding mother can cause flatulence in babies.
He can also swallow air bubbles during breast feeding and this can also make him pass gas , some babies face indigestion when they are introduced to formula or semi-solids, their digestive system needs some time to adjust.
Your baby is fine as its normal for babies at his stage to be have developing digestive system,your best bet is to remain calm and try soothing tactics that can help your baby relax.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
Fyngal1:
good day mamas in the house. please i have a question: is it okay to start giving my 4months old baby bonababe for teething problems when he has not showed any signs of having teething problems. thats what my neighbor said but i really don't agree with her
No, some children have their teeth without any hitch, but when the baby is kind of uncomfortable/feverish during teething, then you can give bonababe or any other Brand. Bonababa has piriton and its not really advisable to be loading it into baby's system everyday. Just tell her u have heard and if she asked you if u have started it, tell her yes and follow your heart.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
Yesitsme:
the sma was prescribed by the midwive who took her delivery. She weighed 2.5kg at birth and I always put her to suck every two hours of which she doesn't do while sleeping so I give her milk with cup and spoon. We used syringe initially after expressing the breast milk but now her demand is high,we moved to cup and spoon. I take uda everyday. She got her bcg four days after birth. Thanks
All seem good then! Have you tried bottle feeding her and what's her response to it?

Stimulate your nipples with time the milk will flow have patient and don't beat your self if it doesn't! Not every woman lactate fully. Your daughter will still get good nutrition from the formula.

Weldone mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jannies: 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
If you feel comfortable shopping for your kids online, then join bbm channel jannies kiddies @ C00225D4F ( old channel no longer in use) and follow posts of trendy clothes, shoes, feeding and nursing items etc (foreign items only) for your kids. you can also follow jannieskiddies on instagram to get updated on new arrivals. we deliver nation wide to your door step or you pick up yourself ( the choice is yours) . Quote 'from nairaland' when placing orders to get amazing discounts as a first time buyer. thanks!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
Comtem2011, it's good to see you. How's your little boy? smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
You miss road?
angry angry angry angry angry angry

rommutd:
Hello! I'm a Rom, I would like to challenge the whole world with the kind of games follows:
First, Super Smash Flash 2 v0 9b is a perfect upgrade of Super Smash Flash Game. A well-known, addictive game with millions of searches every month. Not many games surpass the number 1.000.000 like this game.

Second, You’ll have to be very ingenious to pass the levels in the game. At a high level, you will face many difficulties.
Rolling Sky 2 Online has 14 levels for you to conquer, if you pass level 14, you really are a top player.

And finally, Drag the ball left or right and avoid all obstacles. Do not deviate from track! Come on! Relentless pursuit of super speed. You can be faster along with the music rhythm!

Rolling Sky Game is a 3D game. There are many different levels of play at the levels of increasing difficulty. At a high level, you will have to overcome many more obstacles, requires ingenuity, agility and persistence.
Are you ready?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Colics....get gbomoro in any pharmacy!pls don't give gripe water.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.