Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,438 members, 7,843,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4438827 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Health16: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nice to see mums find solutions here,

want to tell all mums in the house that you could lose weight after child birth with the winning fat buster tea

It's healthy and natural (all herbs)

Kindly visit >>> http://www.healinghealthteas.com/product/tea-product/ for more.

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
Fyngal1:
@iomoge2: can d oil nd sugar thingy be given to a 5 month old baby? i thought sugar cannot be given until a baby is 6 months?

I gave mine at 3weeks o.
Wen she couldn't breath n was coughing like an adult.

The secret is just very smal... make sure she swallows it.
Or better still see ur pead.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
Health16:
Nice to see mums find solutions here,

want to tell all mums in the house that you could lose weight after child birth with the winning fat buster tea

It's healthy and natural (all herbs)

Kindly visit >>> http://www.healinghealthteas.com/product/tea-product/ for more.

Thank you

Can a breast feeding mother take it?

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Health16: 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
iomoge2:

Can a breast feeding mother take it?

It can be taking after six months you have the child
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
iomoge2:

Please ma. When can d night food stop.
My madam only sucks when sleepy or at night.
She is 5months now

Ideally by 6 months babies should be able to sleep through the night however I was advised that once you start solids and you have at least established about 3 meals a day ( for me this was around 8 months), then the night feeding should stop because they should be having a regular "dinner" which when coupled with maybe milk before bedtime, should last them till morning.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
Comtem2011, congratulations.

Doynb, the rash could be irritation from constantly stooling and excessive handling. You should stop using disposable wipes for now and switch to cloth wipes and you have to create a barrier and a lubricant for the area. I'm working on getting a product for the Mums who cloth diaper and use cloth wipes, I have it but I realized it was pretty pricey. I will try and write up a simple recipe for a barrier cream and hopefully pm it to you (fingers crossed). If not, you will have to do the legwork and search for recipes online. Also, if the stooling stops and the rash persists, you may have a yeast infection on your hands and that will take an antifungal cream (I won't be able to prescribe one for you, as I just got some new info that makes the fact that buying OTC a bit dangerous). That will require a Dr's visit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hernyhorla: 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
Oh thank you so much my dear sister. just want to get not too expensive one that can serve me for about a year as this will be my last baby , God willing.

I will just go for the kinyo double electric in preparation as my job is very demanding .

Thanks

iomoge2:

I hear medela is good.
I also hear lansinoh (spp?) Is good too.

I got *kinyo* from mothersbond... google the site.
i like it gan.....pumps really fast.
If on a low budget... with this economy... u can get this... china but good.
Double pump is 34k

i got Nubi too (dual-manual /electric ) didnt like it cos wheb i got it i wasnt lactating so i blamed it...lol but after lactating well i liked it.. but had already moved on to kinyo.

@wholesomegrace
I went back to camera cos my work is not demanding again.
So i jusy pack my electric keep For my next children.
The camera manual serves me well o.....abi is d one am calling camera not camera? See pix.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
Good evening wonderful mamas...
hope we are all good.
contem2011,congrats dear.

Alphahandmaiden,great insight from your weaning posts.

mamas,pls my boobi is flat,is there something i can use to bring it up??
could it be that i contributed to it??was not religious in wearing bra cos i was always at home.
hubby said,i am worrying over nothing but really i dont like how flat it is?any solution pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
zaynie:

This one you're sounding like this, hope you haven't been getting high on palm oil and sugar cheesy

#RunsOut. tongue

As in ehn.
It's not a small something.
I have a special container 4 it.
That cereal storage stuff...lol.
Once i sense cough in my house.. i prepare n direct the person to start taking.
Kant shout. Cough can sound so painful on a baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
zimunachimdi:
Good evening wonderful mamas...
hope we are all good.
contem2011,congrats dear.

Alphahandmaiden,great insight from your weaning posts.

mamas,pls my boobi is flat,is there something i can use to bring it up??
could it be that i contributed to it??was not religious in wearing bra cos i was always at home.
hubby said,i am worrying over nothing but really i dont like how flat it is?any solution pls.

Hehehehhe.
Who standing or full bobbi epp...
Lol

Dont mind me.
Just kidding.

There is a lady on IG.
I got something from her lipsrsealed
mine is bombom issues.... but its still wrapped till i finish weaning my madam.
Some swear by it. Boobs or bum.

Her handle.
_miwasignature
Check n see.

2. Heard fenugreek helps.
3. Maca root extract.

#runsouttapost
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Ideally by 6 months babies should be able to sleep through the night however I was advised that once you start solids and you have at least established about 3 meals a day ( for me this was around 8 months), then the night feeding should stop because they should be having a regular "dinner" which when coupled with maybe milk before bedtime, should last them till morning.

Thankx much.

Cant wait. cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
iomoge2:

Hehehehhe. Who standing or full bobbi epp... Lol

Dont mind me. Just kidding.
There is a lady on IG. I got something from her lipsrsealed mine is bombom issues.... but its still wrapped till i finish weaning my madam. Some swear by it. Boobs or bum.
Her handle. _miwasignature Check n see.
2. Heard fenugreek helps. 3. Maca root extract.
#runsouttapost
thanks mummy,but how do i go abt ds IG,i no get account
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
beeejaylere:
other of 4, eldest is in SS2 but she really needs a job.
She is willing to come in and do cleanings or watch over kids till the evenings.
Pls where part of lagos is she? am interested

Beeejaylere, please check your mail or spam, I sent you a pm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
enque:
So I have been having some sorta stomach upset since yesterday evening, and I decided to carry myself to hospital this morning. The Dr sent me for a test and I ended up being diagnosed with Malaria.

The issue now is that he gave me an antimalaria drug called LUMERAX (artemether & Lumefantrine), and I just want to be sure that's its ok for me cos I'm still breastfeeding.

Cc Soonest, zaynie

Soonest please.
Oyinbo medicine too dey dabaru my head. embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Good evening mama's
My ds will be 3 months old next week. Can I start him up on some pureed foods?
If yes, what type of pureed foods can I give him and how many times a day should I give him?

I'll be returning to work soon and I'm also getting a help soon. I just want to prepare ahead

Cc Beyedew, Alphahandmaiden, onegai, Helovesme, Mizmycoli, soonest, Zaynie, all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to know you are back from hospital. .. i see other mamas have responded. others swear by it.
Thanks for your reply ma'am. I will see what will work for us with all tips given.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
Onegai:

Thanks for taking time out to reply ma'am. Looking forward to hear from you. Cheers!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
You would open one na

zimunachimdi:

thanks mummy,but how do i go abt ds IG,i no get account
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rollyare(f): 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
Good evening lovely Mamas...pls i need your help..My 6-month old has this rash in his diaper area for the past month that has refused to go..I have tried Sheabutter, Sudocream and Baby Tribotan but its still there. Pls help look at it...I would appreciate any help..I beg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good evening mama's
My ds will be 3 months old next week. Can I start him up on some pureed foods?
If yes, what type of pureed foods can I give him and how many times a day should I give him?

I'll be returning to work soon and I'm also getting a help soon. I just want to prepare ahead

Cc Beyede.w, Alphahandm.aiden, one.gai, Helov.esme, Mizmyco.li, soone.st, Zayn.ie, all mamas

No
No
No
No
No
Milk only please. Breastmilk or formular.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
rollyare:
Good evening lovely Mamas...pls i need your help..My 6-month old has this rash in his diaper area for the past month that has refused to go..I have tried Sheabutter, Sudocream and Baby Tribotan but its still there. Pls help look at it...I would appreciate any help..I beg

Have you tried changing wipes and/or diapers?
My daughter always has recurrent diaper rash when she uses molfix.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
hernyhorla:
Oh thank you so much my dear sister. just want to get not too expensive one that can serve me for about a year as this will be my last baby , God willing.

I will just go for the kinyo double electric in preparation as my job is very demanding .

Thanks

Aunty, buy the one that will last o, you're coming back next year grin

#Looking4Trouble

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rollyare(f): 10:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
Thank you Mama Zaynie...We have been using Pampers premium diapers and wipes..I would try another brand

Thanks again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
rollyare:
Thank you Mama Zaynie...We have been using Pampers premium diapers and wipes..I would try another brand

Thanks again

On another thought, did he just experience long term stooling? Cos that also causes this kind of stubborn rash......
Have you seen a Dr? He will be able to tell if it's an allergy, bacterial, fungal or viral related.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rollyare(f): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
zaynie:

On another thought, did he just experience long term stooling? Cos that also causes this kind of stubborn rash......
Have you seen a Dr? He will be able to tell if it's an allergy, bacterial, fungal or viral related.

No long term stooling oh...He poops once a day/or two days..We havent seen a Dr yet but planning to.. i just thought to ask here if anyone had a similar experience
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
rollyare:

Does he stay home all day? If yes stay off diapers and wipes for now! Buy pants there are some local and cheap ones that should fit his buttocks. All hands will be one deck to pack poo poo and wee wee though!

Also if you can find bepanthen nappy cream! It works wonders may be pricey, but it works

Good luck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
rollyare:

Your answer is with a Paediatric Dermatologist, not here. If you are in Lagos, I know 2. You can give them a call and they will schedule an appointment at their private clinic. You have tried antibacterial and antifungal so it is time time for Dr.
The next option is to switch to cloth diapers and cloth wipes, especially those made out of cotton (it is a weird shortcut to use only underwear and keep cleaning up after a baby when there is a product that will absorb and work even better, let the skin breathe and you won't have to be wiping the floor up after baby makes a mess) and most definitely stay away from most disposable diapers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
Okay ma'am
From what age can I start giving him pureed foods?

zaynie:

No
No
No
No
No
Milk only please. Breastmilk or formular.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
rollyare:

No long term stooling oh...He poops once a day/or two days..We havent seen a Dr yet but planning to.. i just thought to ask here if anyone had a similar experience

in addition pls let his bum breathe when u r at home since you have tried all, its very necessary .since my son clocked 3 mths ,dh insisted I wear him only pants at home and use water to wash his bum when he poos,he is 18 mths nw and has never had a diaper rash even after prolonged stooling.my barrier creams are still unopened.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
rollyare:

Do you rob vaseline in his bum before wearing him diaper? How aften do you change his diaper as well? Do use wipe to clean his bum when he poo? If yes pls stop immediately. My kids react to wipes, I never knew but I just stopped it when i realised and that was the magic.m

You may also consider changing his diaper.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:59am On Mar 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Okay ma'am
From what age can I start giving him pureed foods?

Not age.
His needs to gain proper neck control before semi solid food can be introduced. This will start to happen at around 4-5months when he is ready to sit up.
So I'll say chill till at least 5 months but if you can't, make sure he can sit and hold his neck up before you start feeding him.
Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.