Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4413531 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 8:50pm On May 03, 2017
It's direct from source"the bwest" she takes ohh (it's expressed BM she rejected in bottle) even spoon feeding she didn't gree

enque:

She rejected bottle? So how do u feed her formula or expressed bm?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettmum(f): 9:16pm On May 03, 2017
Oh my God, the heart of men is truly wicked. Ekene is a blessed child and no harm shall befall him. May God protect us from evil friends and enemies.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by obitobe: 9:25pm On May 03, 2017
please how do i know my child is teething, she is going to be 9 months this MAY 10th. She is having body temperature, my wife has given her paracetamol, in the morning the temperature came down but now this evening it's up again and she has given her paracetamol again. My mother-in-law said it's sign of teething, but i am confused.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by womanofsteel: 9:30pm On May 03, 2017
obitobe:
please how do i know my child is teething, she is going to be 9 months this MAY 10th. She is having body temperature, my wife has given her paracetamol, in the morning the temperature came down but now this evening it's up again and she has given her paracetamol again. My mother-in-law said it's sign of teething, but i am confused.

If it has to do with temperature, please its not teething its a sign of infection like malaria

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by womanofsteel: 9:32pm On May 03, 2017
obitobe:

If it has to do with temperature, its not teething. Its a sign of infection like malaria or anything else. Take her to a clinic or Hosp. asap before it gets worse.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:38pm On May 03, 2017
author=Liftedhands post=56177950]

Oh wow! it must have been very traumatic. let us praise God for his interventions as this could have ended so so differently.

May Evil, in any of its many forms not come near us and what is ours in Jesus name.

e- hugs to you darling
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:44pm On May 03, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Oh wow! it must have been very traumatic. let us praise God for his interventions as this could have ended so so differently.

May Evil, in any of its many forms not come near us and what is ours in Jesus name.

e- hugs to you darling
Thanks mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:30am On May 04, 2017
Liftedhands:
I tell you embarassed
Signs for sexual assault was the first thing I asked the doctor to check when my son was abducted by my husband's pa.

Mama Ekene shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I kept screaming when I saw this!!!

No evil shall befall Ekene!!! The prayers going out for him daily is enormous.

You shall never weep over him. Amen

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:33am On May 04, 2017
Olubankemi, How are you today?

Let's rule out all assumptions, go by One.gai's post. Also, I trust your instinct as the mother of the child.

Don't let her go immediately, hold her down while all investigations are made.

I fervently pray it's not a case of abuse.

May God watch over our children for us

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:34am On May 04, 2017
Queen1 and hunniesuzie, you are welcome dearies

Love to your lil ones.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:54am On May 04, 2017
zionx:

Well done Mama. Please do you have recipes for toddlers (especially for one that is a picky eater)

My dear, these toddlers ehnn...my son is also a picky eater so I'm still experimenting with him.

Some meals he takes very well:

1. Spaghetti with minced meat sauce or spaghetti Bolognese ( I try to encourage him to accept veggies so I put at least carrot or green peas)
2. Rice meals - white Rice & stew, sardine jollof rice, rice & beans, coconut rice. He takes it with either beef, chicken, liver,fish
3. Noodles - with always contains veggies with either boiled egg, chicken, fish or liver. Sometimes I cook with ugu
4. Beans and yam ( our latest meal)
5. Swallow - fufu or eba. He loves okro soup
5. Fried plantain and egg

For breakfast,
1. Bread and tea - I put the bread inside the tea so it's very soft and he takes it
2. Gerber cereals and cerelac - all these where his old stock
3. Cornflakes / bran flakes - make it very soft with enough milk
4. Coco pops - same way u make your cornflakes
5. Oats

Again cos of this picky nature, I ensure I give him one egg a day. I also allow him eat as much chicken as possible cos sometimes.
He also drinks very creamy tea every day.

He does not like potatoes but it's a gradual process, he will like it soon.

Also buy him fancy plate and cup and allow him feed himself most times.

I noticed he started putting on weight recently so obviously my trials are working grin

Ok o... epistle over cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:57am On May 04, 2017
nita2013 !!!!!!!!!!

Enter here and comma teach us o tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:25am On May 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:37am On May 04, 2017
zionx:

Well done Mama. Please do you have recipes for toddlers (especially for one that is a picky eater)

Sometimes we may confuse picky eaters with children just who want to feed themselves.

My dd eats well, then all of a sudden we started struggling to feed her... till i found out that she wanted to do it by herself so we deviced a compromise to keep everyone sane:

Sometimes I will scoop the food on a spoon and give her . She will put it in her mouth. ( this is the same food that 2 minutes ago she was spitting out and slapping out of my hand oh.)

Sometime i will hold the plate infront of her and give her the spoon, every now and then i will help her scoop the food. I do this for things like rice.

Other times i will just make things she can eat with her hands and everyone is happy.

Sometimes i mix all three, like if we are having pasta for instance i will have some whole ones i havent broken or mashed up / mixed with sauce and if we start struggling with the spoon i will give her the plain whole pasta, she will eat, distract herself and then i usually succeed in giving her a few more spoons of the other food after that.

So perhaps try this to see if it helps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:47am On May 04, 2017
zionx:

Yes o...You don try. Thank you so much Mama. Three gbosa for you. kiss kiss kiss kiss

I just pray he improves soon, his weight is okay too maybe because he is still sucking.

I bought well baby(multivitamin).. still no changes

Tried Nutribom, purity and co ..Mba he no greee collect

He takes rice , bread and tea and swallow once in a while but he so much likes drinking water and eating meat, chicken and fish grin grin grin

I guess I will just keep trying and maybe he will improve when I stop breastfeeding him.

Good Morning Everyone! Wishing you all a blessed day!

How old is he?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:49am On May 04, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Sometimes we may confuse picky eaters with children just who want to feed themselves.

So perhaps try this to see if it helps.

Very correct! I notice my son also likes to feed himself... Infact, his minder in school requested for an extra plate so she can scoop out for him cos he does not allow her feed him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:50am On May 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:51am On May 04, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iyabejilantilan(f): 8:52am On May 04, 2017
Hello mamas and papas... I'm new here... read through some posts and I've learnt quite a lot. Una do well...
Ive got a little but very disturbing issue... my 11week old has been pooing more like having diarrhea for almost 2weeks. It started d day before he took his 10weeks vaccine buh got worse after d vaccine... I read the rotavirus vaccine could be d culprit but it's been 11day now... Please has anyone experienced this or has any suggestions? Pls help a worried mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:12am On May 04, 2017
zionx:

Alright Mama. Thank you so much. I will try that also.

The only issue with this method is how I will get him to sit in one place grin grin grin

I bought high chair for him just to encourage him to eat but rather na cry he go dey cry (just cos he prefers to walk around rather than sit)

I think I will just keep trying all methods

I have the high chair that you strap to a normal dining chair. And it has worked well foe us. It is placed in a corner so she has 2 wall either side table on one side and me on the other

Dd is straped to her seat and then a table that locks in place..... where she wan go?

She sit at the table for meals. For light dry snacks i can give her on a plate and she can walk about but Meal time is non negotiable oh.

For me i have found trying to be consistent is key. Because this babies.... they brought your mumu manual come from heaven! They will play you at any given opportunity! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 9:23am On May 04, 2017
Good morning mamas, kindly help allay my fears.
My DS of 13 months refuses to stand nor walk by himself.
He stands and walks perfectly when he holds on to things or holds hand with him. You will think he is a pro.
Have taken him to the pead Dr and he says to give him 3 more months that he can improve by then.
I want to wean him as am 3months far gone but a friend said to allow him walk before weaning.
It's getting to me as I can't beat him not walking nor standing by himself.
What else can i do?
A concerned mum.

Cc: AlphaHandMaiden
Cc: tchiwinnie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:28am On May 04, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:35am On May 04, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:50am On May 04, 2017
zionx:

13 months plus

Ok.. easy easy

@ 13 months, my son was all on cereals.. It's now dat he takes most of the things I listed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iyabejilantilan(f): 9:51am On May 04, 2017
Thank you much much for responding mama. I've been to the Pead twice... I was given zinc and ors buh hes still stooling 3days after taking them. We also ran tests for infection and malaria.. Both were negative.. The pead says it viral and will go on its own but i think 11 days is too long. I'm really worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iyabejilantilan(f): 9:53am On May 04, 2017
zionx:

You are welcome Mama.

My DS also took the rotavirus vaccine but we didn't experience any episodes of diarrhea.

2 weeks is really a long time for a baby to be experiencing diarrhea. Please I will advice that you take him to the hospital to see a pediatrician.

Other mamas will also give their suggestions

Thank you much much for responding mama. I've been to the Pead twice... I was given zinc and ors buh hes still stooling 3days after taking them. We also ran tests for infection and malaria.. Both were negative.. The pead says it viral and will go on its own but i think 11 days is too long. I'm really worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:02am On May 04, 2017
enque:

Cc Rofemiguwa

I use wamby,tenderplus n rumparooz.i tink its basically same.the insert is the modern day napkin that absorbs the urine n poo. Depending on the typ.it can be snapon or the type u fix.that pic is more like d pant to hold the napkin in place.

U reuse onemillion tymz.jus wash n its good as new
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:08am On May 04, 2017
olamitie:
Thanks, will try. undecided

Who uses this cloth diaper? Can it carry baby through the night? Is it just to use and wash, says it comes with two free insert!! What is the insert for?

It depends if ur baby is a heavy wetter.the inserts also differ.
What i do is wrap the cotton diaper round her.thats the normal napkin.then put the microfibre insert the wear the cover.
This ur pic is jus the diaper cover.thats the pant.

U can resuse many many times

U can patronize wambydiapers.they have good customer support.so all ur questions r answered

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:19am On May 04, 2017
rofemiguwa:

I use wamby,tenderplus n rumparooz.i tink its basically same.the insert is the modern day napkin that absorbs the urine n poo. Depending on the typ.it can be snapon or the type u fix.that pic is more like d pant to hold the napkin in place.

U reuse onemillion tymz.jus wash n its good as new

cc olamitie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:31am On May 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:34am On May 04, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:24pm On May 04, 2017
feddy27:

Mama Ekene shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I kept screaming when I saw this!!!

No evil shall befall Ekene!!! The prayers going out for him daily is enormous.

You shall never weep over him. Amen
Amen! Thanks to everybody for.your prayers God.bless. kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.