Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4408811 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:43pm On May 09, 2017
jaysmama:

For week 2 you are doing good. My son is 4 months when I express I get 120ml from both breast and you need to see him so chubby wit a small potbelly (pics attached). He was 4kg at birth but he is 8.5 kg now . As long as you are feeding on demand the baby will get enough .
Aww what a cutie, I love chubby kids. I'd try to express more and see how it goes

enque:
wawu!!
sorry dear, keep putting baby to breast and pumping, it should get better.

kisses to ur LO

Thanks kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 5:12pm On May 09, 2017
Giddyperson:

Aww what a cutie, I love chubby kids. I'd try to express more and see how it goes

Thanks kiss
Well done mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 6:30pm On May 09, 2017
Giddyperson:

What brand is this and how much
real bubee is written on it, bought it #5410

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 6:37pm On May 09, 2017
So we went for 10wks immunization and she weighed 4kg.... Remarkable I would say

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:53pm On May 09, 2017
I started with 60 from both. I expressed in the office today and got 200 from both in 20 mins. I'm still aiming for more sef although he still takes formula. You'll get there
Giddyperson:

Both cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 7:03pm On May 09, 2017
[quote author=olamitie post=56362353]real bubee is written on it, bought it #5410[/quote
wow, its cheap.. we close to 6months nw, so no need for breast pump again

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 09, 2017
Night don show oh,Giddybaby wake up oh grin grin grin!
Giddyperson:

She's sleeping real deep sleep since after bathing and eating. I've slept my own, bathed and eaten and she's still sleeping.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
olamitie:
real bubee is written on it, bought it #5410
Wow, I'd ask you for a review after a while see if I'd change to electric
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:51pm On May 09, 2017
Sansa143:
Night don show oh,Giddybaby wake up oh grin grin grin!
haha see witch craft. Once my sis comes back from work she takes over Giddybaby, I spend all my nights cuddling my big baby tongue baby sleeps in a different room

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:00pm On May 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:
I started with 60 from both. I expressed in the office today and got 200 from both in 20 mins. I'm still aiming for more sef although he still takes formula. You'll get there
I've been meaning to ask how you manage to pump at work. Where do you stay to pump biko. I'm still at 60 from both, today's 90 was a miracle. Atleast it's increasing like you said it would.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:11pm On May 09, 2017
I was reposted a few days after I resumed so I'm lucky to have an enclosed office to myself with a fridge so I can lock and do my business. But before then I go to the store then keep in my office fridge when I'm done. Then carry home in a cooler bag with an ice pack.
Giddyperson:

I've been meaning to ask how you manage to pump at work. Where do you stay to pump biko. I'm still at 60 from both, today's 90 was a miracle. Atleast it's increasing like you said it would.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 09, 2017
Jay na 4 our middle him d sleep,he doesn't like his bed,had to pack it!
Giddyperson:
haha see witch craft. Once my sis comes back from work she takes over Giddybaby, I spend all my nights cuddling my big baby tongue baby sleeps in a different room
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 9:40pm On May 09, 2017
Giddyperson:

Wow, I'd ask you for a review after a while see if I'd change to electric
no problem but isn't even available on the site again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pintoxx(m): 9:46pm On May 09, 2017
feddy27:

Hey darling! Good to hear from you dear.. hw's my princess doin? kisses to her. I will hola at you...any beta for your gal? wink

Shis doing gr8,thanx,norrin o,just dat i miss saying hi 2u ones in a while.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 09, 2017
Gaily04:
Hipppeee!!!....... Hurraayy!!! the Ibejis are one today. Happy Birthday to the prince and princess. May God give you the strength to take care of them as they continue to excel. plenty kisses to them. @olubankemi.

@modupeaderonke, Happy Birthday to your baby.

Thanks dear. Amen to all prayers. Party don done ooo. We thought we don't have much people are friends around cos we moved in. Not long, mamas you need to see crowed! Am still very tired till now, kind of feeling feverish. In all, we bless God for the gift of LIFE.

Kept singing:
wiwa timo wa laiye,
agbarami ko,
wiwa timo wa laiye
Ogo ni fun oruko re.

Thank God for lives.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 12:13am On May 10, 2017
Hello mama,my 11days old baby was circumcised on monday.am confused here cusz i didn't see any ring on his pennis but cotton wool.d nurses only use cotton wool to wrap it,dey told me to pour olive oil on it nd remove it d next-day.my MiL tried removing it dis morning but it kinda painful to my baby nd i can feel his pain,she was able to remove small of d cotton wool nd she said she will continue tomorrow.i read some mama here saying d ring will fell off(do u mean d cotton wool).pls am confused ooh.and what can I apply on it to make it heal faster..
Cc zaynie,enque,jazzyjazz,sugah and all Sabi mama.pls help me out.thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 12:15am On May 10, 2017
Sansa143:
Jay na 4 our middle him d sleep,he doesn't like his bed,had to pack it!

@Giddyperson,@Sansa143 una don pack ur wahala come here again grin cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 12:51am On May 10, 2017
Rhemy2013:
Hello mama,my 11days old baby was circumcised on monday.am confused here cusz i didn't see any ring on his pennis but cotton wool.d nurses only use cotton wool to wrap it,dey told me to pour olive oil on it nd remove it d next-day.my MiL tried removing it dis morning but it kinda painful to my baby nd i can feel his pain,she was able to remove small of d cotton wool nd she said she will continue tomorrow.i read some mama here saying d ring will fell off(do u mean d cotton wool).pls am confused ooh.and what can I apply on it to make it heal faster..
There are different methods of circumcision. The one done for your son is not the ring type. The cotton wool wrapped around the circumcision area should not get dry put that olive oil every two to three hours it will make it easy to remove the cotton wool. Do not force it off if you still have difficulty removing it then I would advice you go back to the hospital.
The site should already be healing in one week he should be completely okay . Try not to let water get on the site the only thing that should touch it is that olive oil prescribed for you.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:20am On May 10, 2017
Yes we are evrywhere oh,Jay's own was d ring type done on sunday!We do sit baths n apply olive oil too n we are able to wear diaper!It is well,i just d check ur profile up n dwn n am yet to c baby Donald sad sad sad!
Rhemy2013:

@Giddyperson,@Sansa143 una don pack ur wahala come here again grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebonyjoke(f): 5:21am On May 10, 2017
Hello mamas,
Just joind ds thread cx baby is 6days old.
Really nid help on ow to deal.wit increase breastmilk. Hav to.use force b4 few drops.cn come out amd nips aint pointed
Baby cant even grip on nipple cx isnt pointed and drops are comin out
.it can be rly frustratin. Pls help.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:09am On May 10, 2017
Sansa143:
Yes we are evrywhere oh,Jay's own was d ring type done on sunday!We do sit baths n apply olive oil too n we are able to wear diaper!It is well,i just d check ur profile up n dwn n am yet to c baby Donald sad sad sad!
Stop hounding her for picture ooo, nairaland is an anonymous forum tongue

How does the baby do sitz bath biko, when he can't sit.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:59am On May 10, 2017
Rhemy2013:
The type of circumcision that was done for your son is not the ring type. Keep putting the olive oil so it doesn't get dry otherwise removing the cotton wool will be painful for him.

Pele. He will be fine

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:04am On May 10, 2017
are you putting baby to breast often??
Nips aint pointed? Could be a case of inverted ni.pples.

u cld try some of these stuff to boost supply.

fenugreek
pap with lots of milk
tea
bitter leaf soup made with cocoyam
Make sure u are taking enough water
keep putting baby to breast
express often when baby isn't sucking.

Other sabi mamas will chook mouth.

ebonyjoke:
Hello mamas,
Really nid help on ow to deal.wit increase breastmilk. Hav to.use force b4 few drops.cn come out amd nips aint pointed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 9:15am On May 10, 2017
Rhemy2013:
Cc s.
Just do as other mamas have said. He would be fine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 9:17am On May 10, 2017
ebonyjoke:
Hello mamas,
Get a breast pump (manual or electric), it would help bring out the n1pple and with your supply.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:42am On May 10, 2017
enque:
Fed..dy27 Za..ynie

How easy is it to make pap?

Not soo difficult

1. Wash grains and soak for 2-3days
2. Send to the grinder and blend
3. Add more water and sieve
4. Allow the fine particles to settle by day break
5. Your pap is ready for use

for me, I go an extra step by sun drying and then I blend it to fine powder and store.

Voila ! smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:46am On May 10, 2017
ebonyjoke:
Hello mamas,

Breastfeeding at the beginning is frustrating but don't give up !

Keep putting your baby to the breast, it will send a signal to your body to release more.

Keep a bottle of water next to you each time you are breastfeeding and sip away.

Your baby is only 6 days!!! He/she is still trying to master the act of sucking from the breast. consistency is the key to successful breastfeeding.

Good luck smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:51am On May 10, 2017
pintoxx:

Shis doing gr8,thanx,norrin o,just dat i miss saying hi 2u ones in a while.

Awwww kiss kiss kiss

I miss you too jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:56am On May 10, 2017
sugah:
Discussion Monday!!!
Topic: Effective family planning options.

So I had to take out my IUCD for the second time cos my body kept expelling it into my cervix. cry
My doc now recommends the arm implant which I'm against cos I heard it causes weight gain.
Condom? Bleh!!!
Mentioned ocp to my doc and he said it'll fail and I'd get pregnant.
Now I'm seriously considering Billings method undecided

Any success stories on billings method?

O dear! I'm sure it happened cos your cervix length is small. When I went for mine, she had to do a measurement first and said if it does not fall into their range then I have to make anoda choice. Fortunately, it worked.

Now for the arm implant, it does not make you fat; it increases your appetite which can result in weight gain. If you have an active lifestyle, then you don't have a problem. So have a rethink about it.

Billing method No experience.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 10:01am On May 10, 2017
ebonyjoke:
Hello mamas,
congrats on ur lo. u can try using breast pump to bring out ur nipples.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:36am On May 10, 2017
feddy27:

Not soo difficult

1. Wash grains and soak for 2-3days
2. Send to the grinder and blend
3. Add more water and sieve
4. Allow the fine particles to settle by day break
5. Your pap is ready for use

for me, I go an extra step by sun drying and then I blend it to fine powder and store.

Voila ! smiley

thanks ma...
when do u sun dry? after the particles settle?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:37am On May 10, 2017
lol...thanks ma

zaynie:

Made it only twice in my life.
1. For my bsc project.
2. Once for Moyo. Told my self I don't have this strength for this and just paid for it. It was waaaaay better than mine lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.