Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398993 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
okirewaju: So we heard, I was giving it to my baby before until I read this thread and I stopped immediately https://www.nairaland.com/1069613/golden-morn-unsuitable-children-under/3#12673353
Yes, I heard raving rising powder is good( its the one sold for 200 naira abi?) I use Marhaba prickly heat powder for my baby's rashes

Okay, i checked it out.

i knew about the note on the label, i just believed that a child is an infant before 12 months, and a toddler from 12 months, so i waited till twelve months. and it does not constipate her as well.

thanks for the info. i will reduce the rate i give her

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
corrall:

hi,

please what did they say about golden morn, that has been part of my baby's meals for the past 7 months. i hope i am not doing something wrong.

Mothers, please who knows about rising raving powder, is it good for heat rash?

Rising raven is about the best powder I know for heat rash. Tested and trusted.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
Rising raving powder is very good. *the best.
corrall:

hi,

please what did they say about golden morn, that has been part of my baby's meals for the past 7 months. i hope i am not doing something wrong.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pyzdan: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
jam04: he stopped talking adult food because of 'irritation'. This irritation could be in form of body changes or illness. Is he putting his finger into his mouth trying to rub his gums? Does he have temp fluctuations? During cold seasons like this babies tend to pick cold and catarrh quickly and these might cause irritation too. If none of those things I listed aren't happening to him, then take him to ur paed for physical examination
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pyzdan: 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
All this things u listed ar happening to him. What will i do. Pls i need ur advice
jam04: he stopped talking adult food because of 'irritation'. This irritation could be in form of body changes or illness. Is he putting his finger into his mouth trying to rub his gums? Does he have temp fluctuations? During cold seasons like this babies tend to pick cold and catarrh quickly and these might cause irritation too. If none of those things I listed aren't happening to him, then take him to ur paed for physical examination
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joilin(f): 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
corrall:

hi,

Team Rising Raving powder. Very Good. Tested and trusted too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chiomaonyeizu: 4:22am On Jul 21, 2014
Gudmorni all....pls i notice my six months old son's breathing is deep unlike before n he now snores while sleeping and there is nothing like cattarh coming out n no fever ...pls wht could be d cause. Pls i need urgent answer am a first time mum
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:19am On Jul 21, 2014
pyzdan: All this things u listed ar happening to him. What will i do. Pls i need ur advice
the irritation is caused by the growth of the 'pre-molars'(I guess he has the first 6 or 8 frontal teeth by now),they are painful and worry babies because they are a big, fat, broad-surfaced tooth. I would have recommended an antibiotics and a cough mixture but I do not know your baby drug history, take him to your paed and discuss with him. now that you know what cause the irritation, you will have a robust discussion with the paed. Docs are more welcoming when they know patients have a little knowledge of what's wrong with them.

For the catarrh, use vicks babyrub, don't mistake this for vaporub pls. Rub little on his feet at night and put on his socks. This help soothes babies and allow them sleep very well at night. Also add one or 2 drops of eucalyptus oil inside his bathing water morning and night and always cover him up very well.
when most babies undergo irritation early in the morning and evenings and they might avoid taking adult food. You can try to give them soft adult food( maybe mashed fish or noodles) in the afternoon or at night. They have mood swing at undermined time of the day, so this is one of those period your baby needs your time and attention most.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:25am On Jul 21, 2014
Chiomaonyeizu: Gudmorni all....pls i notice my six months old son's breathing is deep unlike before n he now snores while sleeping and there is nothing like cattarh coming out n no fever ...pls wht could be d cause. Pls i need urgent answer am a first time mum
do you or hubby have a snoring history? Even at that, baby is fine. Babies respiratory tract isn't fully developed and he is trying to breathe in as much air he could get and the big boy is enjoying sleep. Abeg free am cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pyzdan: 9:38am On Jul 21, 2014
jam04: the irritation is caused by the growth of the 'pre-molars'(I guess he has the first 6 or 8 frontal teeth by now),they are painful and worry babies because they are a big, fat, broad-surfaced tooth. I would have recommended an antibiotics and a cough mixture but I do not know your baby drug history, take him to your paed and discuss with him. now that you know what cause the irritation, you will have a robust discussion with the paed. Docs are more welcoming when they know patients have a little knowledge of what's wrong with them.

For the catarrh, use vicks babyrub, don't mistake this for vaporub pls. Rub little on his feet at night and put on his socks. This help soothes babies and allow them sleep very well at night. Also add one or 2 drops of eucalyptus oil inside his bathing water morning and night and always cover him up very well.
when most babies undergo irritation early in the morning and evenings and they might avoid taking adult food. You can try to give them soft adult food( maybe mashed fish or noodles) in the afternoon or at night. They have mood swing at undermined time of the day, so this is one of those period your baby needs your time and attention most.
he doesnt have any teeth yet. i will do as u have suggested and equally take him to hospital. but i just hope he start eating other foods. thanks alot

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 11:14am On Jul 21, 2014
pyzdan: he doesnt have any teeth yet. i will do as u have suggested and equally take him to hospital. but i just hope he start eating other foods. thanks alot
9 months and not teeth yet? Well i have seen cases like that before not just many/common. Take him to the paed for the irritation issue since it isn't what I thought it to be. Will be glad if you can come back here after your visit to know what your doc diagonise and prescribe so that we can all learn
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
good morning all, pls I need Ur advice on wat to use on my son. he has dis cough for sometimes now. gone to see his doctor and he has used several antibiotics but still no improvements. d cough do seize atimes for days but resurface again. doctor checked his chest and did some test all came out fine.pls house wat oda way or thing do I need to do cos am not just happpy seeing him cough d way he do. someone suggested ginger juice and honey mixed togeda, 1teaspoon but am scared of ginger on a child of 1nd half years don't know how safe. also lime and TomTom. pls re did local remedies safe for his system? Ur suggestion re highly needed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
corrall:

hi,

hmmm,dear,na one woman wey I dey buy foodstuff for her hand told me dat golden morn is nt good for children again,and what's rising raving powder
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kiddiestreasur: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello everyone,

@demmykay, your baby might have a seasonal reaction and the rainy season might be the cause.

Have you tried anything like Loratidyn? It is prescribed when a child might have an allery or is coughing persistently. Also try to cover the baby up properly and reduce exposure to fan or ac.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kiddiestreasur: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
@corall golden morn is said to be only for children from 3 years and up. They were writing it on the pack for a while but have stopped so I wonder if it is now safe smiley

My 20 month old daughter loves it though
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kiddiestreasur: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
This might interest you all as mothers;

http://kiddiestreasures.com is offering 10 percent off all baby and toddler items till August 2014. Use code LMUMS10 at checkout. Delivery is to your doorstep and nationwide. There are prepackaged hospital bags and baby and mum packages for the pregnant women who don't want to go through the stress of picking indivicual items.
Check the site out for loads of items for your newborn, babies and toddlers.

Call 0809 2222 814 for enquiries.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chikkyberry: 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
Goodevening modas in the hous.pls I need ur advice.my 4mth old daughter has been on BM and nan1, I wnt to introduce guinea corn to her meals cos she seems not to b satisfied with just milk.pls is it ok to introduce guinea corn ?or wat else can I give to her dat wld b good at dis age? If the guinea corn is ok wat can I add to mak it more nutritious. Pls I need response.thnks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ kiddies treasures tanks a lot. I actually do cover him. will keep doing dat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondc(f): 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Plz modas in d house, I have a 3month old baby and am doing exclusive breastfeeding. But it seems d bossom milk isn't enof for her, what will I do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:44am On Jul 22, 2014
chikkyberry: Goodevening modas in the hous.pls I need ur advice.my 4mth old daughter has been on BM and nan1, I wnt to introduce guinea corn to her meals cos she seems not to b satisfied with just milk.pls is it ok to introduce guinea corn ?or wat else can I give to her dat wld b good at dis age? If the guinea corn is ok wat can I add to mak it more nutritious. Pls I need response.thnks

Hmm. Don't know how well Guinea corn is tolerated at 4 months.

Start with rice cereal. At any supermarket you can look out for the cereals that have. 4 months written on them

There are also few fruits and vegetables that are not too allergic and easy to digest that May be suitable for 4 months such as apples and sweet potato. So google 'infant purée 4 months' to get the recipe and you can make them at home.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:48am On Jul 22, 2014
diamondc: Plz modas in d house, I have a 3month old baby and am doing exclusive breastfeeding. But it seems d bossom milk isn't enof for her, what will I do

How do u know it's not enough for her?isn't she putting on weight? If she seems to be sucking more,she is probably hitting a growth spurt and the increase in demand will also trigger increase in supply of your milk

Anyways, formula, which is also an option if you Can't keep up with exclusive anymore.

It's the only alternative actually at 3 months because The earliest any pediatrician will allow you introduce solid is 4 months. Many will advice moms to even wait till 6 months. Because at 4 months there are only few foods that may be tolerated by an infants immature digestive system

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 7:48am On Jul 22, 2014
demmykay: good morning all, pls I need Ur advice on wat to use on my son. he has dis cough for sometimes now. gone to see his doctor and he has used several antibiotics but still no improvements. d cough do seize atimes for days but resurface again. doctor checked his chest and did some test all came out fine.pls house wat oda way or thing do I need to do cos am not just happpy seeing him cough d way he do. someone suggested ginger juice and honey mixed togeda, 1teaspoon but am scared of ginger on a child of 1nd half years don't know how safe. also lime and TomTom. pls re did local remedies safe for his system? Ur suggestion re highly needed
local remedy won't work since medical remedy didn't( I assume your doc prescribed the appropriate medication). Do you cover him up very well at night and very early in the morning? Do you use eucalyptus oil in his bathing water morning and evening? What ointment do you apply on his feet when he want to sleep? Do you use moisturizer? He just needs to have a soothing throat passage and believe me, the cough will be history. Don't bombard his liver with medication and concoction abeg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 8:08am On Jul 22, 2014
morning mothers, quiet a lot to learn from this thread again.

@jam04 weldone. my 20 month old son is undergoing that phase now. he is just growing his premolars. had only two teeth at 1yr. he just turned against all the adult foods he had learnt to eat for like four months now on and off. and has been having exactly those symptoms you descirbed. of late again, he started with cough, cattarh temperature, and loss of apetite except for tea and golden morn. never knew teething could make him loose appetite. have taken him to his pead. and was given some drugs. he is much better now. but i will definately stick to your advise on cattarh. he does that like crazy.

my younger son, just 3weeks, breaths like he has cattarh in his nose. abeg, what can i do. i have put silverbird in his hair oil, apply nycil baby menthol and cover him up. infact the windows in the house are usually shut. abeg, help a mom, is there any other remedy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2014
what is this about golden morn not good for under three. I thought that statement was just like extra.extra, precautionary and could not cause any harm. Abeg mothers pls come and explain, golden morn is one of my son favourite cereal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 9:21am On Jul 22, 2014
favoredgal:

How do u know it's not enough for her?isn't she putting on weight? If she seems to be sucking more,she is probably hitting a growth spurt and the increase in demand will also trigger increase in supply of your milk

Anyways, formula, which is also an option if you Can't keep up with exclusive anymore.

It's the only alternative actually at 3 months because The earliest any pediatrician will allow you introduce solid is 4 months. Many will advice moms to even wait till 6 months. Because at 4 months there are only few foods that may be tolerated by an infants immature digestive system
spot on
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2014
ona2: morning mothers, quiet a lot to learn from this thread again.

@jam04 weldone. my 20 month old son is undergoing that phase now. he is just growing his premolars. had only two teeth at 1yr. he just turned against all the adult foods he had learnt to eat for like four months now on and off. and has been having exactly those symptoms you descirbed. of late again, he started with cough, cattarh temperature, and loss of apetite except for tea and golden morn. never knew teething could make him loose appetite. have taken him to his pead. and was given some drugs. he is much better now. but i will definately stick to your advise on cattarh. he does that like crazy.

my younger son, just 3weeks, breaths like he has cattarh in his nose. abeg, what can i do. i have put silverbird in his hair oil, apply nycil baby menthol and cover him up. infact the windows in the house are usually shut. abeg, help a mom, is there any other remedy.
Glad to read your 20 months son is doing fine. As for the younger baby, do not use any drug for him, use the same method I prescribed above for him as well. It will pass. Put silverbird in their bathing water morning and night and get the vicks babyrub for them. Its a phase, it will pass. Mothers should be extra careful at this period because of the cold weather. Cover your baby very well esp morning and in the evening and when there is weather change during the day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2014
MojAyo: u mean I should use agbo to bath him or for him to drink,I once use agbo for my baby,bt with d way people re saying agbo is nt good for babies,dats why I dnt want to use it again
Just bath ur baby wit it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2014
chikkyberry: Goodevening modas in the hous.pls I need ur advice.my 4mth old daughter has been on BM and nan1, I wnt to introduce guinea corn to her meals cos she seems not to b satisfied with just milk.pls is it ok to introduce guinea corn ?or wat else can I give to her dat wld b good at dis age? If the guinea corn is ok wat can I add to mak it more nutritious. Pls I need response.thnks

U can give her cow nd gate fruity porriage.its 4rm 4months+ day also ve different types.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 10:23am On Jul 22, 2014
Golden morn is corn. Most babies get constipated when thy eat corn. If you give golden morn , your baby needs lots of water. Also its advisable to give rice and other natural food. I don't know what they put in that golden morn o.
ona2: what is this about golden morn not good for under three. I thought that statement was just like extra.extra, precautionary and could not cause any harm. Abeg mothers pls come and explain, golden morn is one of my son favourite cereal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by marygold(f): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2014
Chiomaonyeizu: Gudmorni all....pls i notice my six months old son's breathing is deep unlike before n he now snores while sleeping and there is nothing like cattarh coming out n no fever ...pls wht could be d cause. Pls i need urgent answer am a first time mum

@ chioma,take your baby to the hospital.Mine had same issue and she was diagnosed for adenoids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello mothers in d house,pls I need a clarification of something frm u guys,due to d cold and rainy season,I use to cover my son up(6month),I mean with sweater and even lock up d windows in d house becos of cold,which he was once treated for cold and cough,and I became vry extra careful about it,by nt exposing him to cold,last night,my son temperature become vry hot,which I dnt knw what caused it,I quickly remove d sweater frm him and bath him with lukewarm water,then his temperature came off a little,then I gave him a little paracetamol,after some hours again,his body was also vry hot,my mum told me its d sweater dat I'm wearing for him ,dat its what's causing his temperature to be vry high,so she gave him a little paracetamol(little dats left at home)then I decided dat in d morning,I will go d pharmacy to get baby paracetamol for him,on reaching d pharmacy,when I explained about d temperature to d man,the man asked me did d child once treated for malaria,I said yes,1month ago,he said maybe there is still some malaria in him,dat it didn't go finish,dat I dnt need to buy a pareacteamol, dat if I use a paracetamol for him,d temperature will go down for 3hours then it will come back,dat I need to take him to d paed,my baby temperature is a bit normal now,I was thinking maybe its teething(cos my mum said dat)I've nt taken him to d doctor yet,pls I want to ask u guys,what's d cause of d temperature,I will really appreciate ur advice,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chikkyberry: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Alright thnks.I'll go for cereals indicated for 4mths baby

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.