Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403269 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:13pm On May 28, 2017
Damisinto:
Thank you all for your reccommendations. It is well appreciated, I also wondered when I saw safeguard cos they insisted nothing must change from their list. Of which safeguard is kind of harsh when I read through the ingredients. Will do the cusson. Thank you all!

Safeguard might be for you. Buy it.
They usually don't bathe the baby till like the second day and not in your absence.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ellFlawxy: 9:35pm On May 28, 2017
AbbynHummy:

Ok. Tanx, but the millet i bought still have little shafts in it, can i fry it like DAT?

sorry how do u mean chaffs? cos.millet is just like corn or ginuea corn. except u mean dirts ohhh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 9:53pm On May 28, 2017
@GenyEbere, longest time no see. Happy Birthday to your son. God bless him.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 9:57pm On May 28, 2017
SisiNini:
Happy Sunday Mamas,

My DS of 5 months has sprouted a tooth... How do I clean it? Should I add toothpaste to his finger brush?
Please recommend one if am to use a baby toothpaste... Thanks...

cc: helovesme and other sabi mamas

At my end, dental health/hygiene for babies is taken very seriously. I was handed a free proper baby toothbrush (similar to adult toothbrush just with softer bristles and smaller brush head) and a baby toothpaste when my son was around two months old and instructed to use both of them from the very day he sprouts his first tooth. I was also told to register him with a dentist before he clocks 12 months.

These instructions I have adhered to and at 21 months, he's been having dental checkup with the dentist every 6 months.

So it's not too early to begin brushing your baby's teeth with toothpaste and a toothbrush. The benefits are enormous. There are popular brands suitable for babies from 0 month. All you need is a smear of toothpaste and you brush once daily.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:12pm On May 28, 2017
@helovesme, please what are your reviews on Punch and Judy toothpaste
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 10:18pm On May 28, 2017
[quote author=ellFlawxy post=56969549]

sorry how do u mean chaffs? cos.millet is just like corn or ginuea corn. except u mean dirts ohhh[/quote

The millet DAT was sold to me is red in colour and is smaller than normal corn, in fact its very small, how do i explain it now, the shaft I'm talking abt is like d one DAT rice use to have, like d back of raw Rice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:20pm On May 28, 2017
Gaily04:
@helovesme, please what are your reviews on Punch and Judy toothpaste

I have never heard of this brand of toothpaste.

However, as long as it's fluoride free or it contains very, very minute quantity of fluoride, it should be fine. It should also clearly state the age it covers.

It is also important to use an age appropriate toothpaste as indicated on the label and not an adult toothpaste for a baby so as to avoid the risk of fluoride poisoning.

Personally, I use a fluoride free toothpaste.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:39pm On May 28, 2017
helovesme:

I have never heard of this brand of toothpaste.

However, as long as it's fluoride free or it contains very, very minute quantity of fluoride, it should be fine. It should also clearly state the age it covers.

It is also important to use an age appropriate toothpaste as indicated on the label and not an adult toothpaste for a baby so as to avoid the risk of fluoride poisoning.

Personally, I use a fluoride free toothpaste.

The age wasn't stated, all it has is gentle toothpaste for children. It has fluoride but the amount wasn't written. I already discarded the pack, maybe will check tomorrow in a shop for more information. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:48pm On May 28, 2017
Saw this online and thought to share....

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 9:56am On May 29, 2017
zaynie:

I speak for me o
No toothpaste till say almost a year sef.
Water and glycerin occasionally does the trick.

How do you make sure there's no mouth odour?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:02am On May 29, 2017
blank:

How do you make sure there's no mouth odour?

There's never mouth odour o.
And their teeth is always sparkling. And no sign of decay anywhere.
Moyo's friends have started dropping their milk teeth and his is still there.
It just works for us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ellFlawxy: 10:49am On May 29, 2017
[quote author=AbbynHummy post=56970944][/quote]

oh oh. bought mine without the chaff oh. you will have to pick out the chaff then

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 12:13pm On May 29, 2017
zaynie:

There's never mouth odour o.
And their teeth is always sparkling. And no sign of decay anywhere.
Moyo's friends have started dropping their milk teeth and his is still there.
It just works for us.

Tell me the secret abeg. Even with the toothpaste and seriously scrubbing his tongue, there's still mouth odour.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:21pm On May 29, 2017
blank:

Tell me the secret abeg. Even with the toothpaste and seriously scrubbing his tongue, there's still mouth odour.

I'm not sure there's a secret.
I know there's a soap my mom uses to wash the mouth from birth. She said it prevents mouth odour.
I also use glycerin like once a week..
Try it.
Also clean at night before sleep.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StevensJojo(f): 1:50pm On May 29, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I've read that it goes with time. I'm 4 months postpartum and it's still there though not as severe as it used to be. I've decided not to be bothered about it anyway as they checked my calcium levels in the hospital and it was totally fine.
Ok. I hope mine goes too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StevensJojo(f): 1:52pm On May 29, 2017
portable4real:
Stevensjojo

If you ask me I gat plenty story to tell on it.
Have took. shot of injection and it stopped for like 4 months. To tie wrapper when I want to back ds na war.to. breast feed na war.

I was told the incision is the permanent cure for it by three doctor hv seen.
Maybe I will go for it on Monday.
Wow i can't even unhook my bra at the back like before, i am now cautious when doing little things
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StevensJojo(f): 1:55pm On May 29, 2017
Damisinto:
Helllo my senior mummyz, please what soap and lotion is best for a new born baby. Hospital list at antenatal requested safeguard for delivery and coconut oil as lotion. How safe is it please? Also, what powder is best? Thanks
Iv been using coconut oil on my baby since birth and her skin looks good.
For the safeguard i guesa its for you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StevensJojo(f): 2:00pm On May 29, 2017
Mamas what can i use to reduce my boobs o! They got humongous since i had mu baby.Im so shy of them i wear big clothes plus i read somewhere on this thread where someone talked about a woman who sells good bras in ikeja.I didnt take the description down and now iv been desperately looking for it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SisiNini(f): 2:06pm On May 29, 2017
Thank you Mummies for answering my questions...

cc: feddy27, zaynie and helovesme

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:15pm On May 29, 2017
StevensJojo:
Mamas what can i use to reduce my boobs o! They got humongous since i had mu baby.Im so shy of them i wear big clothes plus i read somewhere on this thread where someone talked about a woman who sells good bras in ikeja.I didnt take the description down and now iv been desperately looking for it.

Common flaunt your boobies o...
Don't hide them.
Mother Nature bestowed them upon you.
Carry it with grace and pride kiss

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 3:35pm On May 29, 2017
StevensJojo:
See me looking for boobies and someone is trying to hide hers, chaii life maka why angry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:14pm On May 29, 2017
dexterush:

See me looking for boobies and someone is trying to hide hers, chaii life maka why angry

Please dont look ohh!!!! Seriously sometimes i fed up with big boobies... The things can be tiring. People with small boobs dont know what God did for them. I thank God sha grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 4:16pm On May 29, 2017
SisiNini:
Thank you Mummies for answering my questions...

You are welcome dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 4:54pm On May 29, 2017
Akorkor:

Please dont look ohh!!!! Seriously sometimes i fed up with big boobies... The things can be tiring. People with small boobs dont know what God did for them. I thank God sha grin
I like big boobies oh, especially those confident ones. All the same thank God sha,at all at all natural Winsh.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 5:13pm On May 29, 2017
How my people?

@iomoge2, long time no hear. How's your baby?

Just checking in.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 5:41pm On May 29, 2017
StevensJojo:
Welcome to the huge bosoms club grin
www.dunniessentials.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 6:27pm On May 29, 2017
Akorkor:

Hahahahaha.makes me remember one mama i saw during immunization.i am not exaggerating.she was sitting and the breast as from her knee to her chin.and she is a very beautiful woman.actually she looks like iomoge o.that was wat attracted me.tot i had finally seen her. Bit when the nurse brot her baby.it was a boy grin

But oh boy!!! That was some heavy duty bweast mehn!!

Giddyperson how are u and howz ur princess??.u guys crossed my mind.hope u guys r bubbling

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erne: 7:08pm On May 29, 2017
SKIN BEAUTY SOLUTION

Symmetric Unrefined Shea Butter from Ghana, is...naturally rich in a number of vitamins.

Vitamins A, E, F and K are the most popular.

Vitamin E balances and normalizes the skin. Helps keep it clear and healthy, particularly beneficial for dry or sun-exposed skin.

Vitamin A has soothing and hydrating properties which provides healthy skin collagen in order to prevent premature wrinkles, premature facial lines and premature slackened skin.

Vitamin F - Acts as a skin protector and revitalizer. It soothes rough, dry or chapped skin on contact and helps soften and revitalize dry or damaged hair. Vitamin F consists of linoleic, linolenic and arachidonic acids, the three essential fatty acids.

All these ingredients are in our SHEA-BUTTER. It is raw, unrefined, 100% natural grade A, Shea butter from Ghana.

TO ORDER FOR THE SYMMETRIC RAW, UNREFINED, 100% NATURAL SHEA-BUTTER FROM GHANA:

WhatsApp: 08139458588.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:10pm On May 29, 2017
dexterush:

I like big boobies oh, especially those confident ones. All the same thank God sha,at all at all natural Winsh.

Abeg Which one be "confident" boobs... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 7:14pm On May 29, 2017
Gudevening mamas trust everyone is doing fine....plz help a worried mama. My DD had her 6weeks immunization last week Wednesday.. They gave her this vaccine given in d mid thigh(pentavalent) that makes babies cry so much.
Problem is till now its still a bit swollen and that place is hard..it even have mouth like its turning to boil...and I had she have two more to go...
Plz mamas what can I do to it and how do I sooth her d nxt tym wen she's takes d injection and d leg paining her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 10:07pm On May 29, 2017
Finally made my Tom brown today.... My baby took it with joy... But mine is so very brown...was unable to make the soya bean, baby was crying and my soya bean and groundnut got burnt cry

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:31pm On May 29, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
Gudevening mamas trust everyone is doing fine....plz help a worried mama. My DD had her 6weeks immunization last week Wednesday.. They gave her this vaccine given in d mid thigh(pentavalent) that makes babies cry so much.
Problem is till now its still a bit swollen and that place is hard..it even have mouth like its turning to boil...and I had she have two more to go...
Plz mamas what can I do to it and how do I sooth her d nxt tym wen she's takes d injection and d leg paining her.
My sorry to ur dd I pray she won't go through the pain again...Ours is next week am scared already. About the swelling try and gently put iceblock to the spot only..i hope it helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.