Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (937) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403288 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zuriela: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mothers in the house greetings to you all.
pls I want to find out if meningitis vaccine are of two types. I made enquiries and was told one is 11k and the other 7k and I asked why the difference she couldn't give a comprehensive explanation. just said one is type A and B while the other is A B W. abeg mothers and nurses in the house make una explain for me.
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
wholesomegrace:

@New.mercies This works, I used this method to ease my lo's constipation, however, I suggest you start with 10mls in between feeds combined with reducing the number of scoops as explained by zayni.e and see how it goes. Also google other ways you can ease constipation in babies. You will find things like tummy massage, cycling exercise and so on

In btw, hope your breast milk supply has increased. Keep expressing and keep putting baby to breast

I think she said something about not breastfeeding baby cos of health issues or so and not lactation ish.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2017
obinrinrere:
good day mothers
pls can I start my 3 months cuties on Tom brown

Some recommend four months, others 6 months, to be on the safe side, five months is okay to start solids. So says my pead

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
Akorkor:

Thank you so much. I will buy another one today and try all the method suggested. Phew!!!! sad sad
hunniesuzie, i dont even know. What i sha know is that since i started buying from the store, when i opened and remove some to small container then cover the rest before the next day, small insect(all those invisible insect) shey na weevil dem dey call ni, go enter.
@wholesomegrace, i cant put in water because its dry powder. Everything will just spoil once.

Thank you all. angry angry

Put inside water ke, of course, it will turn to water. What i'm talking about is elevating inside water o. i.e Just like u don't wanna get wet in a puddle and decide to step on a stone. The stone or whichever stuff you decide to use is the elevation.. like a plate, formula stays on plate and clear of water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
zaynie:

I think she said something about not breastfeeding baby cos of health issues or so and not lactation ish.

oh, i mistaken identity ni o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
zaynie:

Not yet wink

;DPeeping at professors diary grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Put inside water ke, of course, it will turn to water. What i'm talking about is elevating inside water o. i.e Just like u don't wanna get wet in a puddle and decide to step on a stone. The stone or whichever stuff you decide to use is the elevation.. like a plate, formula stays on plate and clear of water

ohhhh.... kay. I now understand. Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
sugah:
Semolina porridge!! Our new favorite meal.
Thanks fed...dy27.

Recipe:
Semolina
Apple sauce
Banana
Baby's milk.

Dissolve semolina in water and place pan on fire. When done, remove and add pureed banana, applesauce and baby's formula.

Hehehhee...these feedbacks makes me happy mehn!!!

these days, I get so lazy to add my fruit purees sef but the babe still loves it grin infact my son has joined the gang, he now loves it too smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lastbornop: 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
Wonderful Mums!

Just a little contribution, i realize am always coming for help but not giving my own 2cents.
DS was having serious rashes, alefo and all sorts. a good neighbor asked me to get peels of onion, boil and used to bath him.

i did this for like 2days and wow his skin was smooth as the day he was born.

anytime , rashes surfaces, i uses onion peel boiled water. you cam try same,

12 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
Akorkor:

ohhhh.... kay. I now understand. Thank you for the clarification.

Ya welcome ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
lastbornop:
Wonderful Mums!

Just a little contribution, i realize am always coming for help but not giving my own 2cents.
DS was having serious rashes, alefo and all sorts. a good neighbor asked me to get peels of onion, boil and used to bath him.

i did this for like 2days and wow his clean was smooth as the day he was born.

This is very thoughtful of you and God sent.
Thank You Sis.

Mine has a clear skin, but there's this two patches of rashes abi what will I call it that have refused to leave her.

When you say Onion peel, you mean those back we peel off before cutting the onions proper, right?
Thanks again smiley

like, could you give a start to finish detail on how you use it.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
feddy27:

these days, I get so lazy to add my fruit purees sef but the babe still loves it grin infact my son has joined the gang, he now loves it too smiley

you guys are too much. Thanks for the recipe

cc sugah

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by princessG35: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
lastbornop:
Wonderful Mums!

sorry sis the alefo is it the one they call illa or so.cos my baby has it & I ve used scentleaf and some other leaves they gave me to bath him but its still there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
princessG35:
sorry sis the alefo is it the one they call illa or so.cos my baby has it & I ve used scentleaf and some other leaves they gave me to bath him but its still there.

Other uses for onion skins
Noted ethnobotanist James Duke recommends an infusion of onion skins as a soothing wash for the itch of scabies and other skin disorders.

http://www.almanac.com/blog/natural-health-home-tips/onion-skins-health-and-more

The Onion Skin Has More Antioxidants than the Onion Itself

Onion skin contains a powerful plant pigment called quercetin which reduces blood pressure and helps prevent clogged arteries. Eating the onion skin dramatically reduces the risk for:

Cardiovascular disease
Colon cancer
Obesity
Type 2 Diabetes
Gastrointestinal problems
The onion skin has anti-carcinogenic, antifungal, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties.

How to Make Onion Skin Tea

Onion skins are ideal detoxing agents. Use the skins for their amazing health benefits by brewing a powerful medicinal hot tea daily. Set aside the unused onion skins when you are cooking and use these for tea making. In a glass mason jar, place the onion skins and outermost layers of the onion. Pour hot water over the onion skins and let them steep for about fifteen minutes. Strain out the onion skins and drink the tea at bedtime.

http://positivemed.com/2016/01/28/you-should-keep-onion-skins/

3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
lastbornop:
Wonderful Mums!

abeg no vex o, but will the onion water not smell on the baby's body?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
joyfulmama1:
Wonderful mamas in the house I hail o. I have been a peeping member , I have decided to come out from my peeping zone . My Princess is 6months + . ..Fedd..y27 , XX..01, AlphaHa...ndmaiden , Flor..ence, Za..ynie, en..que , too numerous to mention , selfless mamas. Thanks for your meaningful contributions, I have learnt alot from you guys. Enough of the long talks , Oya make una welcome me

You are welcome darling! love to your lil princess kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mamas please my baby is having neck/chin rash and I have been using Ammens powder, it clears and then comes back again. What else can I use? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
Since my baby started this Tom brown, her poop is new extremely so strong, sometimes it comes out like stone, i give her water before and after every feed, though sometimes she hardly drinks after feeding.also, She take 120ml of the Tom brown 2-3 times a day, i think its too small, the highest she has eaten is 150ml, dunno how to increase her appetite, also heard that i should give her vitamin D now DAT she has started semi-solid.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
joyfulmama1:
Wonderful mamas in the house I hail o. I have been a peeping member , I have decided to come out from my peeping zone . My Princess is 6months + . ..Fedd.y27 , XX.01, AlphaHa.ndmaiden , Flore.nce, Za.ynie, enqu.e , too numerous to mention , selfless mamas. Thanks for your meaningful contributions, I have learnt alot from you guys. Enough of the long talks , Oya make una welcome me

Siiiiiiiiiince! 6m+ !!! Hmmmn! The ancestors must hear this! ( in the voice of Pete Edoche! ) No hot puff puff and big cold coke for you. Lol! We will give you room temperature coke only! Lol!

Welcome anyways. grin

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 4:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
comtem2011:

Happy birthday to your son, he shall continue to be a source of Joy to your Family.

Mitchyy, enkadewdrop, Liftedhands, feddy27, its been long! Hope you guys are doing fine? Regards to the kids.

Thanks for checking sis. We are doing great. Just been so immersed in work kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
jaysmama:
Naomi I can understand your fears. Jajaina delivery with episiotomy no be moimoi. My first baby my episiotomy was in two places and it was quite painful and took a while to heal. Despite that I resumed duty with oga six weeks sharp . You can't tell your hubby you aren't kpekusing for 1 year now haba or you want a junior wife to be employed. The best bet is once you are fully healed which is usually max of 3 months go and do the family planNing thing if you are not ready to have another baby and then buy KY jelly . It's an okay lubricant that way you will be pain free . Once your fears have subsided you can stop using the lubricant.
abeg on this matter me too have decided that I will not have sex for one year to cos hubby refused to give me sex for 9months of preg. Even when I needed it to see if I could fall into labour to avoid Cs my hubby still refused and I went for a second CS just one month after delivery he is asking for sex. I am soo angry that since he can go this 11months without it he can as well go another 11months without it plus I pp scared of preggy and he hates CD.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 5:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
AbbynHummy:
Since my baby started this Tom brown, her poop is new extremely so strong, sometimes it comes out like stone, i give her water before and after every feed, though sometimes she hardly drinks after feeding.also, She take 120ml of the Tom brown 2-3 times a day, i think its too small, the highest she has eaten is 150ml, dunno how to increase her appetite, also heard that i should give her vitamin D now DAT she has started semi-solid.

My opinion is that she is taking too much of it. Give her once a day and then give other vegetables and fruits. Tom brown is millet, yellow corn and guinea corn. To me, it's like eating plenty garri and still expecting her poop to be soft.

Try and give other foods.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyfulmama1(f): 5:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
feddy27:

To ease myself the stress of making purees every morning , on Saturdays I make apple puree, Pear Puree, Avocado puree , carrot puree all depending on what I need for the week and store in the freezer . Anyone I need for the day I just bring it out in the morning while preparing breakfast nd warm it.

Then I made date syrup myself and put it in a jar and kept it in the fridge . When I make my baby's food i sweeten it with the syrup . Like she will be having rice cereal mixed with carrot puree this evening I ll add her milk then sweeten it with the syrup . The rice cereal was made by me also ( recession plenty grin )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
abeg on this matter me too have decided that I will not have sex for one year to cos hubby refused to give me sex for 9months of preg. Even when I needed it to see if I could fall into labour to avoid Cs my hubby still refused and I went for a second CS just one month after delivery he is asking for sex. I am soo angry that since he can go this 11months without it he can as well go another 11months without it plus I pp scared of preggy and he hates CD.

Nne takeirieazy! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
wholesomegrace:

@Newmercies This works, I used this method to ease my lo's constipation, however, I suggest you start with 10mls in between feeds combined with reducing the number of scoops as explained by zaynie and see how it goes. Also google other ways you can ease constipation in babies. You will find things like tummy massage, cycling exercise and so on

Ok, thanks dear

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
opejulie10:
Morning beautiful mom
like one mom said in the house that she is scared of sex? I am also scared
What of those that gave birth through cs? in how many weeks or months time will I be ready to do the do? cos the way hubby glue to my back at night nowadays tire me ooo, the rain is not even helping, he has been promising to be fit and all when I am ready and I am scared of the D-day. He is following me to my next post natal appointment so as to know if he can try the stuff or not...
Note:he didn't touch me all thru pregnancy....
sex weeks is even far I had sex 4wks after Cs b4 post natal check

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
AbbynHummy:

Mama I think 2-3 is much..
Once a day is fine.... Or 3-4 times in a week.
Give her water well.... She has started solids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opejulie10: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
sex weeks is even far I had sex 4wks after Cs b4 post natal check

hmmmmmmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Mamas have answered the formula question well. Do you use barrier cream for your LO? it may be a reaction to that or the diaper especially if you changed diaper recently.
thanks for the response @enque @rofemiguwa
Did that today and it worked out fine *kiss*7
Yes I changed diaper @hunniesuzie, just want to try Huggies dry comfort

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyfulmama1(f): 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Siiiiiiiiiince! 6m+ !!! Hmmmn! The ancestors must hear this! ( in the voice of Pete Edoche! ) No hot puff puff and big cold coke for you. Lol! We will give you room temperature coke only! Lol!

Welcome anyways. grin

Choi , ok I'll manage it as long as I'm welcomed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
AbbynHummy:
Did u add groundnut and crayfish in ur Tom brown?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
olamitie:
thanks for the response @enque @rofemiguwa
Did that today and it worked out fine *kiss*7
Yes I changed diaper @hunniesuzie, just want to try Huggies dry comfort

Cool..

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.