Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (964) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404248 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:52am On Jun 17, 2017
zaynie:

Oya Oya...... Explain how this long hair can be achieved clearly.
Can I make the carrot oil? Where can it be bought?
Avocado and raw egg combo nko? How do I achieve it?
The vit e oil nko? Which would you recommend.....
Oya start speaking we gats to cultivate hair mehn!

From my lecture note

HOW TO MAKE CARROT OIL
1. Wash and peel the skin of carrots
2. grate it
3. put the grated carrot in a pot.
5. pour in any oil of choice (coconut/olive oil)
6. put the preparation ton low it for 50 minutes to an hour.
7. When the infusion process is completed, pour the carrot oil mixture through a strainer or filter to separate the oil from the carrots.
8. store in the container. The oil can last for up to 6-8 months or more.

HOW TO MAKE COCONUT OIL
1. Break the coconut
2. Drain out the water and bring out the meat
3. Grate the coconut to make it easier to blend.
4. Blend the coconut to be extremely smooth.
5. Squeeze out the shaft in the strainer
6. add some water to the shafts until the shaft is clear from the coconut milk.
7. pour the coconut water in a transparent bucket or container. cover it and leave it for 48 hours.
8. After 48 hours, open the bowl, it will be realized that the oil has solidified. It would be at the top of the coconut milk. ordinary water would be at the bottom.
9. scope out the thick oil into a pot on a low heat and stir for 20 or more minutes depending on the quantity, until the shaft turns brown.
10. filter the oil and put in a jar.

12 Likes 16 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 3:12am On Jun 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Tried the apple puree for my son today, the boy spat the whole thing on my face. cry cry

I busted out laughing.. see d time.
Lmao.

I have been feeling weird that my girl rejects anytin fruit.
Guess she inherited it from me.
She only takes banana.

Try banana 4 him.
Or keep tryibg different fruits
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 3:22am On Jun 17, 2017
Twogreatnations:
Thank you so much @ Akorkor and Prettyhurts. I sincerely appreciate. Will definitely cook it tomorrow by God's grace.

Lets know how far biko.
My own is refusing everytin except cereal n banana.

She only eats 2 tiny bites of whatever n thats iy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 3:49am On Jun 17, 2017
poshestmina:

Please can this work for newborns? My Lo is 3 weeks and he doesn't sleep at all at night. I'm honestly getting depressed . sad

lol,story of my life.meanwhile for reasons unknown to me yet,he has been sleeping since 10pm.I've been awake cos of our established routine, nothing different was done either.I earnestly pray it continues this way.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 3:54am On Jun 17, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
my sister still on the matter. I visited my eldest sister yesterday and her hubby advised me to disturb him from sleeping within the hours of 7 and 10pm That he will sleep at night and @7after he took his bath d guy con dey dose Ni I com dey play and sing with am he nor com sleep. By my 10:30 he now slept and woke up at 1:30am I fed him and he went back to sleep till 4:30am fed him again and he finally woke up at 7:40. But the problem be say Na me need to adjust my own sleep schedule now cos I was looking out for him to wake aa usual so I couldn't sleep. We are getting there gradually. Something has to work because I cannot come and die oh.

It is happening oo,the boy has eaten twice and swiftly gone back to sleep.I slept 3 hrs straight for the first time since he was born.Hallelluyah.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 6:21am On Jun 17, 2017
brownsugars:

cheesy ahhh, mama 3weeks is so tender, I doubt.
Pls endure and don't be depressed its only a stage, things will get better with time.

However you can try these tips to see if it helps.
If your DH is around, you two can run shifts in taking care of your Lo at night. One person can go to bed earlier in another private room (say by 8pm), wake up half way tru the night (say 1am) and swap taking care of the baby while the other person goes to sleep in the private room till 6am.
Or you guys can do alternate nights shift, you do the night baby care tonight, DH or anyother person available does the next night etc.

Also try to sleep whenever your baby is sleeping during the day no matter how hard it is.
More grace.

Please how willmdis work for a baby who is on exclusive as the mother has the breast milk? Except she has to express in different bottles at night and keep for DH. I don't know if I'm right
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by distilledwalex(m): 6:25am On Jun 17, 2017
ayobarmy:
Mummies pls how safe it is for an 8weeks old baby boy to sleep on his chest??
Despite the fact that it make them sleep longer... Its actually not advisable.. It doesnt help with breathing. . The best way for baby to sleep according to WHO is on their back.. In MAYO also carried out a research that concluded baby sleeping on thier back preveny SID (Sudden Infant Death).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by poshestmina(f): 6:59am On Jun 17, 2017
brownsugars:

cheesy ahhh, mama 3weeks is so tender, I doubt.
Pls endure and don't be depressed its only a stage, things will get better with time.

However you can try these tips to see if it helps.
If your DH is around, you two can run shifts in taking care of your Lo at night. One person can go to bed earlier in another private room (say by 8pm), wake up half way tru the night (say 1am) and swap taking care of the baby while the other person goes to sleep in the private room till 6am.
Or you guys can do alternate nights shift, you do the night baby care tonight, DH or anyother person available does the next night etc.

Also try to sleep whenever your baby is sleeping during the day no matter how hard it is.
More grace.

Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by poshestmina(f): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2017
Abiagirl777:

lol,story of my life.meanwhile for reasons unknown to me yet,he has been sleeping since 10pm.I've been awake cos of our established routine, nothing different was done either.I earnestly pray it continues this way.

I'm soooo happy for you grin grin gringrin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:13am On Jun 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I beg to disagree!
If she wants to introduce formula, she can do so without it being stressful. Sterilizing is not stressful. Checking temperature and preparing the formula isn't stressful either.

My thoughts exactly!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:47am On Jun 17, 2017
distilledwalex:

Despite the fact that it make them sleep longer... Its actually not advisable.. It doesnt help with breathing. . The best way for baby to sleep according to WHO is on their back.. In MAYO also carried out a research that concluded baby sleeping on thier back preveny SID (Sudden Infant Death).

Is the word prevent OR "reduces the risk" of SIDS

For something they dont know the actual cause of, all they can identify are the risk factors. And much higher percentage of babies who sleep on tummy have died from SIDS than those who sleep on their backs.

Therefore the advice of back is best.

It is like smoking and lung cancer..... not everyone who smokes developes lung cancer therefore you cannot say smoke = lung cancer and if you do not smoke you therefore prevent lung cancer as there are people who have never even inhaled smoke from burnt toast that still develope lung cancer all that they say is smokers have a very high risk of developing lung cancers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 8:42am On Jun 17, 2017
brownsugars:

Well, lemme share how I conquered my own challenge!

After I complained here that my Lo was waking 4-5 times at night and I asked what I could feed him at night to make him sleep better but didn't get a response, I whisked him straight to the pediatrician's cos I was almost losing it.

This is what the Ped said:
"Ma'am babies usually follow an established routine, so if you continue waking up 5 times with him at night, he won't stop. You have two options -: you either keep waking up 5times at night with him indefinitely, or take 3 nights of crying & tough love and get him to change and sleep better tru the night.
Bath & feed him very well say around 10pm, put him in his room, make sure he's ok & safe, then try not to go put on his light & pick him up till 5am. If he whines at the middle of the night, just be sure he's not in any danger or discomfort of any sort but don't pick him up. He should adjust to this new routine within 3days.
Most babies should comfortably sleep through the night from four months so nothing will happen neither will he die of hunger bw 10pm & 5 am. Goodluck".

When I got home that day, I prayed then prepared everything for the task ahead cheesy
We used to co-sleep (in the same room...abeg I can't do that one of putting him alone in his own room. Kole work), so i dressed my Lo's bed and moved him to his own bed.
I fed & put him to bed, then as usual he woke up 2hours later around 12 & started whining. I kept quiet & held myself from going to pick him up.
After whining for about 5mins, he slept back and didn't wake again till 3am. I couldn't resist the 3am whining cheesy so I picked him up at 3am, fed & changed his diaper (with the lights off, just used the little illumination from my phone). He whined at 4.30am, i ignored him, he slept back and didn't wake again till 6am.
The next day, he didn't wake up till 2am, I ignored him cos I wanted us to gradually get to the 5am mark. He slept back and woke again at 4am, I fed him at that 4am. He didn't wake again till 7am. And we've been at this ever since then.

So he practically goes to bed at 10pm, only wakes up once at night between 3 & 4am, goes back to sleep after about 10-15mins till 7.30am when he finally wakes fully.
grin God is good!

Abiagirl777, your Lo is still very tender so I don't think this will work yet. Keep managing o, the stage you guys are in now is really not an easy one.

Can this work for a year old child that is use to waking up 5 times and getting what he want pls?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2017
iomoge2:

I busted out laughing.. see d time.
Lmao.

I have been feeling weird that my girl rejects anytin fruit.
Guess she inherited it from me.
She only takes banana.

Try banana 4 him.
Or keep tryibg different fruits

grin grin grin
Even me I didn't know when I started laughing after he spat on my face
I'll try the banana

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:00am On Jun 17, 2017
realdentist:
Babe so sorry I'm just coming online. Hope bobo is doing good. I didn't see the pix but I feel that if it's not so bad and won't affect his "performance" in future just leave it be. After all he's not going to be displaying it to the whole world

Lol @ display to the whole world
He's fine dear. He's grown so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:01am On Jun 17, 2017
comtem2011:
Na so e dey start o, before you go use the whole money buy eatery.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:01am On Jun 17, 2017
comtem2011:
So many things to learn on this thread. Thanks Jazzyjazz for the topic. I wish u best of luck.

Thank you and you're welcome
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:02am On Jun 17, 2017
enque:

sorry dear,
these things take time or maybe he isn't ready yet.

just keep trying and 1 day he'll definitely adjust...

I'll keep trying o. Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Is the word prevent OR "reduces the risk" of SIDS

For something they dont know the actual cause of, all they can identify are the risk factors. And much higher percentage of babies who sleep on tummy have died from SIDS than those who sleep on their backs.

Therefore the advice of back is best.

It is like smoking and lung cancer..... not everyone who smokes developes lung cancer therefore you cannot say smoke = lung cancer and if you do not smoke you therefore prevent lung cancer as there are people who have never even inhaled smoke from burnt toast that still develope lung cancer all that they say is smokers have a very high risk of developing lung cancers.

Grinning
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2017
zaynie:

Grinning

Lol!

Good morning. Hope the weekend has started well.

Please can i have the contacts of the courier company you use?

I need to compare prices.

Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 10:05am On Jun 17, 2017
Thanks Ciscamustexcel. Let me see how far I can go
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenhecate: 10:18am On Jun 17, 2017
ambient:

Can this work for a year old child that is use to waking up 5 times and getting what he want pls?
yes it can. there are different methods to sleep train a child/baby and the results varies too.
for a year old baby, you can try the controlled crying technique.

First night you feed him, put him in his cot awake and say goodnight.

leave him for 3 mins, go back in and say goodnight but do not get him out of his bed.
Leave him for 4 mins this time repeating the process until he went to sleep.
It will takes guts and about 45 mins the first night and i promise you it will get less and less each night and by the end of the week he was going to bed, falling asleep on his own and not crying in the night either.
I believe that falling to sleep has to be learned, so if you feed them to sleep at bed time, when they wake up in the night they don't know how to go back to sleep on their own.
Also be prepared that first night and steel your heart. Do not pick him up when you GI in to calm him. lay him down again on the bed if he is standing up and hush him by patting his back or murmuring calming words.
I hope u understand my long epistle.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Lol!

Good morning. Hope the weekend has started well.

Please can i have the contacts of the courier company you use?

I need to compare prices.

Thanks in advance

I use Peace mass transit. They're the cheapest I saw but have their flaws too.
Just check online, their contacts for each states are there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
Sweetie if you don't eat well it will affect your milk production. Also if you need to introduce formula till you adjust don't feel guilty, the only important thing is for your baby to be healthy. You can even stop the formula when your production is better or you're well rested. If you have a breast pump you can express for dh to help you feed and you can sleep. You need to be rested and healthy so you can take care of your baby

fruitfulhome:
Good day ooo

This is one month six days since my lo arrival. I must confess I have not slept. I'm the kind of person that can't just automatically go back to sleep wen I'm woken up from it. As it is now, my head is banging and as if my eye balls will come out of the sockets. Nobody told me this part ooo. At the early point, we were eating like every 30 minutes. Later to one hour. Presently, I can't keep time again. It's like its within same time interval both day and night. He is on exclusive. I have been thinking to introduce formula, same time feeling guilty for considering that option. Pleas make una suggest best way for me oo. Secondly, pregnancy or arrival of my lo has not increased my food appetite. I still eat small small portion 3 times daily. Few times have I had in between meals. Please what food should i take to increase my breast milk. A friend said maybe baby is not feeding well. I don't know oo. But the milk flows and on few occasion drops a bit on its own. Please all advise and suggestions are welcome

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
Our rashes are back oh. I stopped the onion water when they dried up, now this. I think he's reacting to something, I'm suspecting fake Chicco soap cos that's through only new thing and I didn't buy from my usual customer

Can I change his soap to sebamed? Or can I get other suggestions of what I can use? My bobo used to have beautiful skin now it's all messed up cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Our rashes are back oh. I stopped the onion water when they dried up, now this. I think he's reacting to something, I'm suspecting fake Chicco soap cos that's through only new thing and I didn't buy from my usual customer

Can I change his soap to sebamed? Or can I get other suggestions of what I can use? My bobo used to have beautiful skin now it's all messed up cry

I have been waiting 4 u. since I indicated to be the treasurer of onion water club my son now has rashes cry. I will fight this ur committee
@mizmycoil @ahnie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lmaoooooo chei, you wantu tiff awa money. Ndo, oya try onion water

Chanbaby:

I have been waiting 4 u. since I indicated to be the treasurer of onion water club my son now has rashes cry. I will fight this ur committee
@mizmycoil @ahnie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ultimatebunmi1(f): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
enque:

hows the poop? watery? strong or normal?
noraml but atimes it comes out brownish
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
fruitfulhome:
I forgot to add that two days now, I noticed small puss from baby's ears. I was told because i breastfed him while lying down. I'm kind of worried though his six weeks clinic is on Monday. And he has had this kind of eye clog *something like puss* coming out of his eyes. I have tried br.east milk a little, it didn't work. Anyone with same experience?
apply lil red oil using cotton bud on the lower part of his eye lid like u are applying tiro do dat religiously for 3days n u see improvement then u can drop ur breast milk in his eyes directly frm ur breast.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I beg to disagree!
If she wants to introduce formula, she can do so without it being stressful. Sterilizing is not stressful. Checking temperature and preparing the formula isn't stressful either.

me I no dey even check temperature b4 I give lo formula and I use hot water to sterilize and his poo is not hard lo will b 6wks on wed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Mamas in the house, I hail oh.
@ fruitful home, I don't want to believe it's because u breastfeed while lying down that is the cause. If it is so, my 3 kids would have had d same problem. In short I am suppose to receive an award for that, I don't get up when my baby cries, I ll just shift her close to me and put breast in her mouth, did same for my older kids, I never visited d hospital once sef for any complaint.

I believe d mama that said the bum rashes could be from d wipes and not d diaper, it happened to me, after I used huggies wipes, I noticed rashes on my baby bum and I stopped it immediately.

Thanks mamas for all d tips,

Since I mixed my barrier cream, vaseline and baby tribotan, my baby has not had even one rash on her bum.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
iomoge2:

Lets know how far biko.
My own is refusing everytin except cereal n banana.

She only eats 2 tiny bites of whatever n thats iy

Hmmmn, sincerely speaking, I am so tired and exhausted. I made the beans this afternoon, they tasted just three spoons as usual and refused taking it again. I don't know what else to do, I have tried almost every cereal I know, semi draw soup, Pap, bought august secrets foods yet they won't eat. All they want is breast milk, then they ear mashed yam / potatoes and butter well. They dont take formular alone except i mix with cereal even that only three spoons. I am exhausted !
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
HandsFree Pumping Bra for 6K ONLY. CALL/WHATSAPP 09053629994 FOR ORDER. PAYMENT ON DELIVERY AVAILABLE ALL OVER NIGERIA.

Available in two (2) adjustable sizes Medium & Large. View Pics of Size Chart Below (Medium: White Area & Large: Pink Area)

Especially useful for women who own a two in one electric breast pump. Helps you multitask
Adjustable straps to make you comfortable when you wear it. You can adjust to get the right fitting for yourself.
Comes with bra extenders just in case you realize that you added some post-partum fat and you shouldn’t get a larger size, simply use the extender.
U shaped back, offering firm support even when breast pumps are working and collection cups are filled up
A bra u can wear when not pumping and very easy to put on
Perfect to run errands around the house while you pump
Fabric is soft and made to be comfortable
Rightly aligned holes that match universal breast pump flange size. Designed to work with all major breast pump manufacturers
Tightly secures the pump flanges so you don’t have push them against your chest to get milk to flow
Material is light, non-sweaty and stretchy; you can pull aside and nurse easily
Extra soft and suitable for sleeping in case you have to wake up and pump at night
With this Bra, your hands can remain free to do other things while you extract milk for your baby.

(1) (2) (3) ... (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.