Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) (25513 Views)

Train Crushes Man To Pieces In Benue State (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Do I Need A Passport To Travel To Ghana / Pls Do I Need A Nigerian Passport To Travel To Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by TonySpike: 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
In South Africa, a policeman can definitely harass a Nigerian if you deserve to be truly harassed; Infact, we have some hot Nigerian "hotspots" where such things happen. I can pArtially see that the name on that passport is AKAOLISA, can we please get the complete story before we comment? There is no need boiling our temper over half or incomplete stories...
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2012
shymmex:

How do you know it's fake?

Nigerian passport looks fake, but that's what they issue to people.

The old Nigerian passport I had looks fake compared to my British passport, but it's not fake.

ROTFLMAO!!! grin
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by manny4life(m): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Are you pretending here?

Pretending about what exactly?
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Piyke: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2012
My first thoughts are although this seems true one question bugs my mind.

The photopage of a passport is usually laminated and thus i guess it would be difficult to tear by hand, but what can i say it may be possible since i've never attempted tearing my photopage sad
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by itoldu: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
You are the least of the government's worries bro.
Issue of boko haram
issue of farouk lawan
issue of embassy account
etc
An advice: go to the nigerian embassy and file a report. if nothing is done, always remember: the journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. All will be well.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Jodesky(m): 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
acidtalk:

What in the world is going on with Nairaland Moderators these past months?

Must every post make it to the front page? Most especially very sensitive ones likely to cause National and International unrest?

The Passport in question might have been expired or fake for all we care. Journalism is all about findings.

The poster should have provided the passport number, visa details, name on passport before such story could be confirmed as being true.

We all know the length at which Nigeria could go to travel out of the country through hook or crook means.

If the story is true, Let him report to Nigeria high commision/embassy in South Africa and if he has and nothing concrete has been done then he should forward the information to us here.

Then and only then will we all rise and ask for the recall of the Higher Commisioner in South Africa.

Seun be very careful, yourself and your moderators need to have regular meetings and discussions on how to operate this forum because it appears you all are loosing it by each passing second.

Just a harmless advice.

VERY NONSENSICAL VERBIAGE. Must a passport be torn into pieces even if its expired. What a warped reasoning. Do u have to provide excuses for a passport to be torn or destroyed? I have witnessed an instance in Pretoria airport when an SA Immigration Officer threw a passport across the counter all because the Nigerian in question was considered rude by the officer's imagination. The subservient mentality of a people repressed has turned a number of Nigerians into moronic idiots who are unable to understand their rights when it matters. There is no reason in the world for tampering with a passport of a sovereign country. In case you are still that gullible, the passport is an FGN property and the conduct of that officer is a slap on the face of Nigerian govt. Why not for a second put yourself in the shoes of the affected citizen instead of rushing to the press with your gibberish. The act is primitive, brash and barbaric. It must be redressed.

4 Likes

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Funkymallam(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill: There's gotta be more to this story than just "Hatred for Nigerians"

Dude was probably doing the whole "I'm king of the world, no bagger can tell me nating, nating" that comes naturally to our brothers.

Gosh! And i was even trying to bliv that u do think... sad

1 Like

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Ninilowo(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
T@BD:
That is why i will rather die in country than to be come a slave in foreign country.
Am telling you.

1 Like

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Greatfuture: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
I dont blame the police,the news coming from our country to them shows that the leader have no iota of respect for its citizen.Thus.other nation do not have regards for Nigerians.Enough of the cry.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by joesbuba: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
There is absolutely no justification for tearing the passport. but one thing am sure of is the fact that it was not done because of hatred for Nigerians. looking at the report, you will agree with me that details of the incident is incomplete. I personally have travelled to different provinces in South Africa almost 10 times between 2010 and now and no policeman or immigration has accosted or harassed for once! I suggest people not to jump into hasty conclusions here. this is a purely governmental issue and I am sure after proper investigations, we will all have a clearer picture of the incident. we are all Africans, I dont see any reason for resentment towards one another. As a Nigerian genuine traveller, South Africa ranks among some of the best countries I have been privileged to visit.
IF U DON'T BELIVE THE STORY,JUST CALL THE CUNSULER OFFICE IN JHB TO CONFIRM
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by amosy007: 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Na wa oh, thought I was being nice here grin
Anytime a "passport" issue comes up, Nigerians and Biafrans like to separate themselves.

My one time of niceness see what I get. embarassed

You think all men are short, go siddon jor. Weren't you just saying Ghanaian men are short too? undecided

Do you know the average height for Nigerian men is 5'3? rotfl!

Dude abi girl ...are u a nigerian or another ghanaian pretending to be nigerian...have noticed u don't want people to say anything against ghana ...while u curse tribal war between yoruba and igbo...are u so afraid of being urself? What is ur mission exactly?
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
Funkymallam:

Gosh! And i was even trying to bliv that u do think... sad
Leave her alone. tongue
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by manny4life(m): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2012
Personally, whether the story is complete or not, regardless of the excuse, a foreign government does not property of another government, that's why there's diplomatic relationship between governments; to avoid things like this.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
This is what Biafrans and other respectable Nigerians have been eager to do with their passports.

Y ou guys are just mad because a S. African man did the task for you.

Now I'm wondering where my Nigerian passport is lol. Somewhere under all my unimportant documents, I think.

LOL, how you take know, That is the only thing I want Boko boys to blow for me. Blow Nigeria into 3 or four places and leave innocent ppl alone, ADEGBITE pls tell your people lipsrsealed
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by joesbuba: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2012
In South Africa, a policeman can definitely harass a Nigerian if you deserve to be truly harassed; Infact, we have some hot Nigerian "hotspots" where such things happen. I can pArtially see that the name on that passport is AKAOLISA, can we please get the complete story before we comment? There is no need boiling our temper over half or incomplete stories..

NO MATTER WHAT THAT GUY MUST HAVE DONE AND U DON'T NEED THE COMPLETE STORY TO COMMENT,CALL THE CUNSULER OFFICE TO GET THE FULL STORY
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by 2Mekus: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
acidtalk:

Must every post make it to the front page? Most especially very sensitive ones likely to cause National and International unrest?

Now what would you that should make the front page? Rif-raf talks or issues of national interest?

The Passport in question might have been expired or fake for all we care. Journalism is all about findings.

The poster should have provided the passport number, visa details, name on passport before such story could be confirmed as being true.

We all know the length at which Nigeria could go to travel out of the country through hook or crook means.

Even if the passport has expired or does not contain valid visa, does the Policeman have the right to shred the evidence of his accusation? Whatever happened to decorum of arresting an offender? He simply has something else in mind for tearing a national document of other country.

If the story is true, Let him report to Nigeria high commision/embassy in South Africa and if he has and nothing concrete has been done then he should forward the information to us here.

As if you don't know how those at the High Commission/Embassy would treat the matter -- a non issue.

Then and only then will we all rise and ask for the recall of the Higher Commisioner in South Africa.

Seun be very careful, yourself and your moderators need to have regular meetings and discussions on how to operate this forum because it appears you all are loosing it by each passing second.

Just a harmless advice.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by UncleJJ(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
So, South Africa is the only country we can go for holidays . Am sure there are tons of countries where Nigerians are welcomed.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Onyenna(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
acidtalk:

Just a harmless advice.

U are right.....
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by ifesly(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
@acidtalk

Fake or original Nigerian passport is left for Nigerian imigration service to decide not for a bunch of ass pit police or Boa, whatever they call themsevle, to distroy. That mean our consular office at jhoburg is just a shop where they sale visa! There are set channels on which diplomatic issues are been addressed without casting aspersion on any nation!

2 Likes

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by ABUGEORGE(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
Why are we guys shouting and complaining, is it not d same south africa dat drove about 128 nigerian from south africa airport becos of yellow card now dey have turn out a nigerian guy passport again, dey are just trying to tell us dat dey dont need us (NIGERIAN) AGAIN in their country so dat we wont come to their country and spoil their name. U think south africa are not aware wat is happening in nigeria. When dey drove nigeria from their airport before their apology dey said and i quote, (CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME) then after dat they apologise. first and foremost do we really have govt here ask yourself dat question even if u post it on d first page of newspaper u're just waistin ur time. NOTE time is coming Ghana will be deporting nigeria and dey will tell u, u must enter their country wit valid Visa.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
Some doubt the authenticity of this story
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by ideylaff: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
For all we know this could be an expired passport bn destroyed by the holder ooooo

Until we hear something official, ds days its better not to pass comments..

We just hear SA and we don jump 2 conclusion say na trie story. I have my doubtssha.

I'm yet to see an immigration official even in North Korea that would destroy another country's document like this
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by pdpiperpippen: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
Since the individual involved is not a high ranking govt official, nothing wld be done abt this. GEJ and his govt are more interested in frolicking arnd d wrld, covering up indicting probes and trading insults with buhari than to concern themselves with a bloody inconsequential nigerian citizen.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Austyn316(m): 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
joesbuba: A Nigerian who is on holiday in South Africa with a valid visa got his passport torn to pieces by a South Africa police out of hatred for Nigerians.

Please help share this for people to know how Nigerians are be treated here and hope our govt hear this and do something about it. Passports are govt properties, this is a slap on our government this is unacceptable. (pls help put this on the front page)

This is very serious and must not be taken lightly. I have taken time to read the comments from fellow Nigerians and it seems that many of us don't have regard for our country. Nigeria is still ours and our only country and until we have another country we must protect and defend the interest of our nation.

Someone was asking for the passport number. If you look at the torn picture, you can put view at least from one of the torn pages the passport number.

I'm surprised that a Nigerian will say that his British passport looks more original and that his Nigerian passport looks fake. The day you commit an offence in England, that day you will know that the British regard you as a Nigerian. All that they will write in the papers is a man of Nigerian origin did so or did that.

No policeman has the right to tear a document that belongs to another person let alone a nation. What if the document is required to prove a criminal charge in court?

We are waiting to see how the Federal Government and the National Assembly will react to this.

3 Likes

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by inspirenet: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
showbobo: Is there any other proof aside torn passport
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Rastamann: 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
This is bad and many countries insult Nigeria anyhow because they know that our rulers are idiots and toothless noise makers.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by joesbuba: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
i'm a eye witness to this at the embassy yesterday,the full story that led to tearing of that passport does not concern me no matter the reason no one has right to tear a passport, the matter has been reported lets hope action will be taking this is a slap on our govt,if u doupt the story confirm with consuler genera in jhb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

72-Hour Closure Of 3rd Mainland Bridge, 48-Hour Partial Closure Of Lagos-Ibadan / 9ja To Usa. A Story Of Grace And Providence. / LASEMA At Accident Scene On 3rd Mainland Bridge (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.