Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Which Router Can Achieve This ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Router Can Achieve This ? (1098 Views)

. Guide To Unlock Vodafone R206 And R215 Router ( Use All Countries Networks ) / How To Become A Computer Skills Guru, You Can Achieve Computer Skills Guru Statu / Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Router Can Achieve This ? by kingsley55(m): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
hi people,

my staff in the office are all burning work hours on facebook an some other SN sites.

I have a Linksys wireless router, I tried to configure it to block access to some of these site but the access

restriction is not working.

What good simple not too expensive wireless router can i buy to achieve this purpose.?

Nb: We dont use a server

Ur sugestions will be highly appreciated
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by samfibby(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
only high end routers do that with ease. I dont know low end routers dat do dat successfully.
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by lifestyle1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2012
Don't waste your time and money buying another router, they can easily surf through proxy Servers if you block access to facebook or any other sites from the router..

THE most EFFECTIVE SOLUTION IS TO UNPLUG THE INTERNET CABLE And they can do their WORK undecided

But.....I..... Can..... M.A.C address.... Let them enjoy free browsing... tongue
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by Infoseye(m): 12:29am On Jun 24, 2012
kingsley55: hi people,

my staff in the office are all burning work hours on facebook an some other SN sites.

I have a Linksys wireless router, I tried to configure it to block access to some of these site but the access

restriction is not working.

What good simple not too expensive wireless router can i buy to achieve this purpose.?

Nb: We dont use a server

Ur sugestions will be highly appreciated

Its simple get facebook IP address and block it on the router simple!
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by lifestyle1(m): 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
Infoseye:

Its simple get facebook IP address and block it on the router simple!

Not as simple as you think bro.
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by Azcreativ(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2012
I can help Ɣou handle that in so many ways:
1. We can configure their PC to block those site and give them access only to those site Ɣou allow.
2. We can deploy server technology for Ɣou.

For more contact:
Integrated A2Z Technologies
Office Address: Suite 7, Hut of Praise Complex, Under G, Ogbomoso.
Call 07031223447 or 08174755151
Website:-www.integrateda2ztechnology.com or www.ia2ztech.com
E-mail:- info@ia27tech.com
adenijiazeez@gmail.com
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by DECOtech(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
note that you and my boss does not have any rights whatsoever to my PERSONAL laptop. He can do whatever he likes with his office systems.
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by DECOtech(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
Az-creativ, note that you and my boss does not have any rights whatsoever to my PERSONAL laptop. He can do whatever he likes with his office systems.
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by samfibby(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2012
Only high end routers can do dat effectively
Re: Which Router Can Achieve This ? by gator666: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2012
1. Proper router (such is MikroTik, it can run on even older PCs, with 2 network cards)
2. Remote access and control software (such is RAdmin), so that you can remotely access their desktops and see what they are doing. Then you have to decide how to deal with offenders
3. Alternatively, KERIO CONTROl software, which is more flexible than MikroTik, but also much more costly

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Need To Know About AMD Processor? / Microsoft Skips Windows 9, Jumps Straight To Windows 10 (pix) / Unlocked 4G LTE Modem Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.