Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

New Tax Regime - How It Affects You. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Tax Regime - How It Affects You. (711 Views)

Hundreds Of Americans Give Up U.S. Passports After New Tax Rules Start / FG Unveils New Tax Incentives For Local And Foreign Investors , Employers / Nigeria: Jonathan Launches New Tax Policy, Tax ID Numbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Tax Regime - How It Affects You. by bodejohn(m): 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
@ All,

The new tax regime approved and gazetted by the federal government in March, 2012 was backdated to take effect in June, 2011.
This new tax regime became effective in my own office this month and it was all smiles as the burden of tax was reduced by close to 25% for employees.
But also i saw that a lot of my colleagues were also ignorant of what the tax laws were and what it has now become.
Almost everybody got refunds for the period of Jan to May 2012 with a promise to get further refunds for the last 6months of the past year.

I am starting this thread for two reasons,

1. To enlighten Nigerians on what the tax laws say

2. To console the many that will begin to see the effects of the new tax laws. This is because most companies especially banks have deviced ways of making their employees pay less tax by making their basic salaries very small with diverse benefits to increase total pay.

Let me have your comments and questions, as i have some bit of knowledge of both tax regimes.
Re: New Tax Regime - How It Affects You. by oneblacboi: 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
Shelze Consulting is a firm of chartered accountants, tax practitioners and management consultants. We have the requisite know-how to handle any tax issue complex of simple. From registration with tax authorities to contesting assessments raised by tax authorities against you.

Contact us:
0808-488-7912
[email]info@shelze.com.ng[/email]
www.shelze.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Forget PDP, Forget APGA, Forget Cpc...if Any State Wants Development, Vote ACN / JTF kills 20 Boko Haram members in Maiduguri / Shoot Out At Okene, Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.