Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called (942 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / Iran Unveils Homemade Stealth Fighter Jet (Pictures & Video) / Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2012

The Turkish military said it lost radio contact with the F-4 while it was flying over Hatay

Turkey's government has called an emergency security meeting amid reports that one of its fighter jets was shot down by Syrian security forces.

The Turkish military lost contact with an F-4 Phantom over the Mediterranean Sea, south-west of Hatay province.

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has told a news conference there is still no confirmation of what brought the jet down, nor of the fate of its two crew.

He was earlier quoted as saying: "The other side have expressed regret".

Relations between Turkey and Syria, once close allies, have deteriorated sharply since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad began in March 2011.

'Syrian waters'
The Turkish military said it lost radio contact with the F-4 at 1158 (0858 GMT) on Friday while it was flying over Hatay, about 90 minutes after it took off from Erhac airbase in the province of Malatya, to the north-west.

The private news channel, NTV, later cited unnamed military sources as saying that the plane had crashed off Hatay's Mediterranean coast, in Syrian territorial waters, but that there had been no border violation.

The Syrian coast guard was helping the Turkish coast guard, navy and air force search for the two crew members and the plane, NTV reported.

Witnesses in the Syrian coastal city of Latakia meanwhile told BBC Arabic that Syrian air defences had shot down an unidentified aircraft near the town of Ras al-Basit.

Lebanon's al-Manar television channel - controlled by Lebanon's Shia Hezbollah movement, an ally of the Syrian government - also reported that Syrian security sources had said that "Syrian air defences shot down a Turkish warplane and hit another in Syrian airspace".

There was no immediate confirmation from Turkish officials, but later it was announced that Mr Erdogan would be holding an emergency meeting to discuss the incident with his interior, defence and foreign ministers and the Chief of the General Staff, Gen Necdet Ozel.

Mr Erdogan was also said to have told Turkish reporters on a flight back from Brazil on Friday afternoon that "the other side" had expressed regret over the downing of the F-4, and also that the pilots had been recovered.
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by NnamdiN: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
Just curious sir, can Nigeria shoot down any aircraft that illegally enters its territory

Perhaps with IED's grin or they actually have the weapons
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2012
Who cares? Just one muslim nation fighting another... no surprises there.
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2012
davidylan: Who cares? Just one muslim nation fighting another... no surprises there.

And who cares what an idiiot like you think about muslims ? Ode

1 Like

Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

And who cares what an idiiot like you think about muslims ? Ode

You do seem to care since you quoted and responded to my post. Do i really care what you think? Nah not so much, just pointing out your obvious hypocrisy. If the turkish jet had been shot down by the IDF, this place would have been 3-4 pages long... filled with muslims frothing in the mouth about "disproportionate response". Since its another muslim state... all we get is stone silence... afterall muslims killing muslims is par for the course.
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan:

You do seem to care since you quoted and responded to my post. Do i really care what you think? Nah not so much, just pointing out your obvious hypocrisy. If the turkish jet had been shot down by the IDF, this place would have been 3-4 pages long... filled with muslims frothing in the mouth about "disproportionate response". Since its another muslim state... all we get is stone silence... afterall muslims killing muslims is par for the course.

Hypo what ? You are just bitter here with muslims thinking your opinions will change their minds.You can troll as you like with your holy-ghost online crusade against them if that will suit your nerves.So much to say about tolerance in christainity.
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Hypo what ? You are just bitter here with muslims thinking your opinions will change their minds.You can troll as you like with your holy-ghost online crusade against them if that will suit your nerves.So much to say about tolerance in christainity.

As usual, call out the fact that islam is purely a death cult and out come allah's demonic foot soldiers accusing you of being "bitter". Bitter in terms of what? That somehow i'm missing something by not being a member of the 72-virgin suicide club? Nigger pls.

I dont think you understand the term "trolling" either... it is not a word you use against someone who calls you out on the basis of a fact. I know most nigerians have a very poor vocabulary so not so surprised.
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan:

As usual, call out the fact that islam is purely a death cult and out come allah's demonic foot soldiers accusing you of being "bitter". Bitter in terms of what? That somehow i'm missing something by not being a member of the 72-virgin suicide club? Nigger pls.

I dont think you understand the term "trolling" either... it is not a word you use against someone who calls you out on the basis of a fact. I know most nigerians have a very poor vocabulary so not so surprised.

Arrant nonsense. . . . .When did fundamentalists become the acceptable standard to judge muslims ? Simply because you grew up to learn christ was your saviour doesnt make those who believe otherwise less human.You are NOT better than me in anything,so why do you think you are simply because you are a christain and I'm not ? .
I dont give a crap about what you think about Islam and it's not in my place to defend the religion,so blab as you like on NL but it's not going to change anything !
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Arrant nonsense. . . . .When did fundamentalists become the acceptable standard to judge muslims ? Simply because you grew up to learn christ was your saviour doesnt make those who believe otherwise less human.You are NOT better than me in anything,so why do you think you are simply because you are a christain and I'm not ? .
I dont give a crap about what you think about Islam and it's not in my place to defend the religion,so blab as you like on NL but it's not going to change anything !

If you dont give a crap what i think about islam then why are my posts on a thread having you in a state of near mental breakdown?

Now lets be honest here... while we cannot use fundamentalists to judge a people, it unfortunately does not apply to islam anymore for the following reasons:

1. Fundamentalists derive their inspiration from the Quran which unfortunately promotes and actively encourages violence, death and destruction.

2. There are just too too many instances of these allegedly minority "fundamentalists" for us to ignore them anymore... virtually ALL nations with a muslim majority have a problem with terrorism, extra-judicial killings, tyranny and oppression. From Kaduna to Yemen, Sudan to Pakistan, Syria to Lebanon... it is high time muslims began to ask themselves serious questions. I wonder why muslims prefer to go hide in the US and UK... how many of you are scrambling for visas to go live and settle in Bangladesh? So much for islam!

3. The silence of the allegedly majority moderate muslims has become too deafening! Syria so far has killed over 4000 of its citizens and there are virtually NO threads discussing this here. If Israel killed one arab muslim... this place would be on virtual lockdown. threads discussing boko haram here are routinely avoided by most muslims too... what are you all afraid of? Cant stand up against the fundamentalists in your midst?

Nigger pls... you are not talking to fools here.
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 28, 2012
davidylan:

If you dont give a crap what i think about islam then why are my posts on a thread having you in a state of near mental breakdown?

Now lets be honest here... while we cannot use fundamentalists to judge a people, it unfortunately does not apply to islam anymore for the following reasons:

1. Fundamentalists derive their inspiration from the Quran which unfortunately promotes and actively encourages violence, death and destruction.

2. There are just too too many instances of these allegedly minority "fundamentalists" for us to ignore them anymore... virtually ALL nations with a muslim majority have a problem with terrorism, extra-judicial killings, tyranny and oppression. From Kaduna to Yemen, Sudan to Pakistan, Syria to Lebanon... it is high time muslims began to ask themselves serious questions. I wonder why muslims prefer to go hide in the US and UK... how many of you are scrambling for visas to go live and settle in Bangladesh? So much for islam!

3. The silence of the allegedly majority moderate muslims has become too deafening! Syria so far has killed over 4000 of its citizens and there are virtually NO threads discussing this here. If Israel killed one arab muslim... this place would be on virtual lockdown. threads discussing boko haram here are routinely avoided by most muslims too... what are you all afraid of? Cant stand up against the fundamentalists in your midst?

Nigger pls... you are not talking to fools here.

You guys are quick to discuss boko haram issues but wont discuss christainity because of heresy and blasphemy.Like I said,i dont care what you think about Islam because your brain is limited to the concept of ''we against them''.I have got virtually the major denominations of christainity in my family ranging from jehovah witness,Anglican, catholic so, there is nothing you can tell me about christainity.
If my family members that are christains can discriminate against one another on some critical doctrines of christainity,who are muslims that they wont criticize ? You are just one bitter soul spreading your bigotry but the good thing is that it doesnt change what muslims believe in.Did muslims stop being muslims despite all the stigma they experience since 9/11 ? The crusade against them cant take away what they believe and it's time you took that for a fact !
Re: Syria Military Shoots Down Turkey Fighter Jet - Emergency Meeting Called by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You guys are quick to discuss boko haram issues but wont discuss christainity because of heresy and blasphemy.Like I said,i dont care what you think about Islam because your brain is limited to the concept of ''we against them''.I have got virtually the major denominations of christainity in my family ranging from jehovah witness,Anglican, catholic so, there is nothing you can tell me about christainity.
If my family members that are christains can discriminate against one another on some critical doctrines of christainity,who are muslims that they wont criticize ? You are just one bitter soul spreading your bigotry but the good thing is that it doesnt change what muslims believe in.Did muslims stop being muslims despite all the stigma they experience since 9/11 ? The crusade against them cant take away what they believe and it's time you took that for a fact !

Have you been to the religion section yet? No holds barred discussions on christianity goes on there DAILY. Unlike muslims who are too busy silencing others who dare to question the violent marauder called mohammad.

(1) (Reply)

Bill Clinton’s Alleged Black Son Revealed / The Sins Of Morsi / TB Joshua Prophesies Winner Of US Election!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.