Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil (23952 Views)

Gen Buhari Get Ready To Face UK Drone Strikes If Anything Happen To Nnamdi Kanu / FG Writes India Over Nigerian ISIS Suspects / US Plans To Extend Drone Strikes Operation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 23, 2012
Some people here are not so exposed about drones.drones are un-manned ariel vehicles and can range from the size of an okada to a danfo bus,they are being operated by highly experienced military engineers through computers and dont act by their own discretion.
Drone strikes wud be the best option against boko because these guys usually hold meetings like cultist in locations and drones are expected to do the dirty job of leveling the location to the ground.well from my knowledge of drone operations,drone operators dont fire in public except in racial grudges and so on.and lastly not all drones are meant to be lethal with bombs and missiles,some are used for survelliance to aid tracking down terrorist bases e.g Osama.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2012
Its ok, Nigerians like to talk too much. When exactly will the drones start landing in Nigeria, if its 10 drones please America make it 10,000 drones aboki population is too much. make I go buy fuel put on gen dey watch CNN. Dis is what I've been praying for.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by benzion72(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2012
The chicken is finally coming home to roost. Boko Haram are not spirit they are human being. By the time drone land in the north people will come out and shout who the Boko harams are. Boko Haram should know that they do not have the custody of violence. If drone will stop this madness I am in total support.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 23, 2012
The Embassy however wishes to appeal that whatever action that is eventually taken against these individuals, t[size=14pt]heir immediate neighbours who have felt most the impact, but are very much vehemently opposed to the activities of Boko Hararn, should not be affected.[/size]

“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria avails itself of this opportunity to renew to the United States Department of State, the assurances of its highest consideration.”

^^^^^ The bolded part above shows the Nigerian government indirectly telling the Americans that they don't want drone attacks in their country.. Read between the lines!!

I applaud the Nigerian embassy for this bold step.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 23, 2012
Am still researching how this drones works and samples of they work they did by then I would be ale to decide if I want it or not till then ama keep quiet on this thread
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by monami2abd: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2012
kheart: same thought, wetin dey go steal for north?

Someone is thinking straight........ Thumbs up....
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2012
"Members of Boko Harams have fled South bound to East of Nigeria, specifically Anambra where oil has recently been discovered. That is where we will track them down. No terrorist should be allowed to see the light of day"

--- hmmm
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2012
190_@:
I hope they send a drone to where wizkid lives undecided

^^^Hehehe grin.

You're sick of the little runt as well? I guess every country is saddled with a 'Justin Bieber' and he's our own version so we have to try and live with him wink.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Otutu1(m): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2012
Don't think it will be good to allow another country come nd solve our problems, one thing is them coming another is their leaving esp USA, werather buy the technology.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by tunapawizzy: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2012
I'd rather live with US taking charge than fooling masef that goodluck is in charge. Even though we know US will take d matter beyond Bokoharam to stay further n steal crude oil after BokoHaram might have been dealt with, personally I don't have anything against it.our useless leaders don't kuku allow us benefit from d oil money. So let US come and ride all of us. If US will guarantee ma security so be it. If US will aid our separation so be it. Ayam tired of these cows in d north...all of dem. Animals . Attack IBB attack danjuma attack all dese ur leaders na innocent church goers dem go dy bomb...foools.

1 Like

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by playmode(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2012
What's new.Gangster wannabe Jonathan was never good enough o run a "beer palour" talkless of a country.As long as Nigeria continues to elect semi educated ,incompetent buffoons like Jonathan ,Nigeria will always be sh!thole.

If the USA agrees to use drone attacks ,please direct them to ASO Rock and the National assembly.That is where the real boko harams are.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Onyocha: 11:21am On Jun 23, 2012
[b]the united states only carry out drone attacks when they intend to punish the people or government of any particular country.drones are unmanned.that means many civilians would be killed and even the intended targets could be missed.and those targets could all the same be missed since boko haram have no stationed base known in Nigeria.in yemen,afghanistan and pakistan,many civilians die.and in my view this is an ineffective way of fighting terrorists with unmanned planes.may be this way is cost effective for the US government.

my own worry is if the united states kills nigerian civilians anywhere in Nigeria,then the united states and boko haram both would be regarded as enemies and terrorists.you do not use careless methods to fight terrorists you do not easily see if at all and in the process kill innocent civilians who are also victims of boko haram.the US would then come out to "apologize" or "regret" the loss of civilian lives.nonsense!

if the united states kills civilians in Nigeria,anywhere in Nigeria,they should be ready to face the wrath of Nigerians.we could see street action against american interests in Nigeria and their diplomatic offices by the people of nigeria.

you do not come into another country poking your big nose into our affairs in the name of helping us by using drones to kill us.boko haram so far is a threat to nigeria and nigerians and not to america.whatever happens within nigeria,is for the government here to solve.Nigeria is not yet afghanistan or somalia.if the US tries that and kills civilians,then they intend to escalate the situation.and if that happens,they should be ready to face the consequences from the people of Nigeria.i am sure our government would do nothing more than verbal protest and may be expelling the american ambassador for two weeks.and i doubt they would expel him if there is such american attack violating nigerian sovereignty and killing civilians.but i foresee the nigerian people burning in anger and confronting the US.[/b]

1 Like

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by ozoebuka1(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2012
Why is that u northerners dont have sense? why cant u guys support the division of this already divided nation? you guys will continue to suffer the pain until this country is divided.. if the usa-male-bess i mean drones can help this corrupt, divided and confused country called nigeria then they are mostly well but let the focus their attension in da northern part oo because those guys are heartless and they behave in such way all in da name of muhammed!!! pathetic islams.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Cmeo(m): 11:28am On Jun 23, 2012
I dont know where in the letter the talk for drone came up, instead it was pleading with the US govt not to extend the sancation on the extend family or relatives of the listed terrorist. Why dont we get the subject matter of the letter before making poo? I sorry for this country if we continue this way.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by lacasa: 11:28am On Jun 23, 2012
if drones start then i fear them past bombs sef

Most of this drones a lot of the time ends up killing innocent civilians just lyk †ђªt

Anϑ America has come under fire from nations like pakistan anϑ India cos of the countless no of civilians it has killled

if this drones were τ̅o kill terrorists, Ɣ avent they killed all their targets arnd D̶̲̥̅̊ world

Nigerians will cry blood if ds drones come in ,

D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅s a guarantee
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2012
US MILITARY IN IRAQ FIRING ON AND KILLING SUPPOSED TERRORISTS FROM APACHE HELICOPTER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV4i81xQ33A
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by conyema12(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2012
Kay-Dee:
Drone strikes? totally unnecessary if you ask me, and maybe ineffective because the death toll from collateral damage will far outweigh the success that will be achieved (if any) besides I doubt the US will want to get involved at that level as Boko hasn't been a direct threat to them.

what could be more collateral than bombing a minimum of 3 churches every week and snuffing out innocent ppls lives like candle flames.

If the neighbours to the BH are not ready to provide intelligence to the security agents because they are relatives, uncles, brothers, inlaws etc then they should be prepared to die with them when the drone strikes....my view
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 23, 2012
^^^
I can assure yot that not all nigerians will protest if the drones kill innocents. Especially victims from the north... The situation of things now is that bad
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by kjhova(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2012
When the drones strike, they usually gather collateral damage. They'd hit backyards, churches, mosque's, markets etc. You'd end up having muslim mothers, fathers or brothers so bitter & filled wt vengeance that BH wouldn't even need to canvass for recruits anymore. Then our village fight turns into a global battle attracting all the other hideous organizations of death like Al Qaeeda, Al Shabab, Hezbollah et al with the capabilities to bomb Lagos, Onitsha & even Otuoke!
Then a new president comes to office in America with the realization that no nation has ever won a war from the air in the history of the world. He'll withdraw US forces & leave us all at the mercy of BH.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by chicsdbabe: 11:47am On Jun 23, 2012
i pray dat d drones reach these bld sucking demons called politicians in d govt. RIP BH n sponsors
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by mbhs139(m): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2012
Has anybody wonder why the United States and its allies (NATO) has not send the drones to Syria to remove Bashir Al-Hassad with his monumental and wanton killings of innocent women and children just they rushed to Libya to remove Gadaffi even though he has not killed has much as Bashir has done? Can anybody actually tell me why? My take on this is that somebody somewhere has lost an idea on the way forward ...
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by juman(m): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2012
maclatunji: LOL, drones ko, nuclear submarine ni.

I like this. You get it.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Turbocharged: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2012
Why do Nigerians like false news and lies. When will my people start verifying info b/4 commenting on them. FYI, there was no such letter. Stop reading junk, It will affect your thinking, ur behaviour & general outlook. Thank you
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 23, 2012
kj_hova: When the drones strike, they usually gather collateral damage. They'd hit backyards, churches, mosque's, markets etc. You'd end up having muslim mothers, fathers or brothers so bitter & filled wt vengeance that BH wouldn't even need to canvass for recruits anymore. Then our village fight turns into a global battle attracting all the other hideous organizations of death like Al Qaeeda, Al Shabab, Hezbollah et al with the capabilities to bomb Lagos, Onitsha & even Otuoke!
Then a new president comes to office in America with the realization that no nation has ever won a war from the air in the history of the world. He'll withdraw US forces & leave us all at the mercy of BH.
if that happens, the south would have their own "BH"...bottomline, Nigeria divides before 2015, who wins? USA
OR maybe, then, the north discovers huge oil deposits in the chad basin, refine it but cant transport it (no coastline). Suddenly we find ourselves where the sudanese are right now...
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 23, 2012
America is only concernd abt our oil...so dey will mount strong presence in d niger delta alone...dey will seize it....mind u...if dey bring drones...i trust bh will do same...dose guyz r backed ooo....nigeria will commence anoda civil war...watchout
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Neoviper147: 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2012
alameenLM: Its obvious that we are still slaves(to our colonist) in this country.some of us are shouting "So be it" to drone attacks.there has been no country that the US claimed to cleanse except that innocent people were massacred in mass.Lets think critically that had it been Germany,China,Japan or Russia that boko haram existed will the US even dare interfere.and what the hell is a terrorist list?.why didn't england & france have their own list? Is the US the only one that has humans in it.those US bastards are destroying weak countries when people are suffering in their own country & some think they stand for world peace.lets be wise,think properly & save ourselves from slavery.#freeNIGERIA
SECONDED. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE AMERICANS WHAT. THEY ARE THE SPONSORS OF THE BOKO.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by solaceguy(m): 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
K
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
US predator plane: Sir, targets in range. Awaiting orders...

Pentagon: Take 'em out

1 Like

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by stillme(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2012
If It will take drone for Nigeria to be peaceful. So be it.All we want is peace.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Kobojunkie: 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2012
I doubt this is true. Someone probably made this us and sent it to Channelkoos for jokes.

Drone Strikes on Targets we are told they are not even able to locate?
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2012
FXKing2012: I've always said the end is in sight for BH ever since the curse placed on the group by Bishop Oyedepo. I've also always said it may not be immediate but will definitely happen, and now we are seeing it coming to pass. And this is a lesson to all of u in the habit of abusing and insulting MOG, better steer clear of such acts to avoid curses.

https://www.nairaland.com/859846/bishop-oyedepos-curse-started-working
Is ur Pastor also responsible for the same attack by the US in other countries' terrorist group?.Guy,we are not discussing who is going to get slapped here okay?
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Fornorth(m): 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Boko Haram wait there and "do God's work", the drones are coming....
no wahala when US attack us we will take our revenge on dogs and babbons like you, remember when ever AMERICAN ARMY attacks muslims in naija ALQAIDA, TALIBAN,HIZBULLAH AND OUR BROTHERS ALSHABAB will come to our aid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okorocha Distributes Cars For Campaign For Buhari, APC (Photos) / Wike: We Will Resist Every Attempt To Unlawfully Remove Obaseki / Dokpesi Released After ‘Incident’ At London Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.