Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah (17639 Views)

EFCC To Quiz Olisa Metuh Over N1.4billion Balance In Account / Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / How Fashola Looted N402bn Lagos Funds - Elombah.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by homerac7: 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2012
burkutu: Imho,the post of nsa is a very cerebral one. Nigerian army officers whether serving or retired are not known for their intelligence.i just don't understand why the post must be given to an army officer. Dammit,the variables the nsa has to juggle to make strategic decisions goes beyond knowledge of weaponry and deployment of troops ffs.

^

Abeg Oga Burukutu, do u mean to say that Azazi is unqualified for d job ? Maybe u should google his profile and come back to reply.

If there's anything worth remembering abt Nigerian politics, it is dt appearance is almost always far from reality. GEJ is internationally certified dunce, Azazi has vocal diarrhea. No one is sure of exactly y ds action took place. How cant it b dt his fate has been decided since d day he talked too much and his boss only waited for a right time to hang him as sacrificial goat.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Mekusnwa: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2012
Beaf: It is easy to see why Azazi was sacked. No NSA is loose tongued like an easy lay.
God alone knows how many secrets he bled and to who while in govt.
This is how he goes about talking like a canon on the loose. He went to a summit and vomited rubbish and illogical things against PDP. Up till today, I'm yet to understand what he meant. Is it that PDP is deliberately distracting the nation with Boko haram? Is it that PDP sponsors Boko Haram or is it that The leadership of the party are members of Boko Haram? For me, his sack is good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Joey82(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2012
I seriously doubt if GEJ prepared himself for the position he is handling,
ordinary ceos of companies read books like the art of war, 48 laws of power etc, i doubt if he's got any of these books on his shelf.
being a president means u are a soldier, at least the comander in chief of an entire country's armed forces.
i think mr president had better train himself in the art of war and buckle up his mind instead of showing all these softness.
most of us here blaming azazi as if he said anything wrong by calling the president soft.
i remember how yaradua gave orders for these bokites to be executed not even giving a hoot about whose ox was gored and here we have gej calling for negotiation.
on what bases is he going to negotite with criminals who are asking for the impossible.
he should take a cue from obama, he (obama) personally command drone strikes on any suspected terrorists,
enof of all these fear of the unknown.
gej should enter action with boldeness, in the end timidity will only make matters worst!
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by danjohn: 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2012
dedeike: Post sack blues by Azazi ft Bello Haliru. You want Gej to arrest a former Head of state abi? Pls when ever they want to effect such arrest on Buhari, they should tell me so that I will pack my bags and head to my village. It's not as if Gej cannot arrest Buhari but he acted very right to avoid such arrest. Let me tell you the likely consequences of such arrest. 1. Buhari himself will never co operate with the security agencies so the real aim of extracting information from him will be defeated. 2. While he's in detention, the opposition in Nigeria led by Tunde Bakare will mount a groundbreaking Occupy protests in Lagos and so many haters are beckoning for such opportunity to come so that they will rubbish Gej. 3. ACN and CPC will heavily poiticise the issue as a deliberate witchunting of the opposition. 4.The entire North West will explode in protests and thus draw more support for Boko Haram. 5. Buhari will come out from the detention and earn more popularity overnight. 6. Renouned Gej haters on Nairaland will now have more ammunition to attack the president as being clueless and vindictive against his opponent. Abeg I no follow. Now I even know why Azazi was sacked.

Oga do you play chess? Your analysis hit the nail on the head. The best post thus far. 4 real.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Delafruita(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
some people obviously cant read.azazi said GEJ rejected his advice to question buhari and OTHERS.we need azazi to tell us who the others are and for GEJ to tell us why he rejected azazi's advice
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by burkutu: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2012
Homerac7,i don't need to google azazi's profile to know he is unqualified.his google profile would only tell you about the institutions he attended.and we all know attending courses around the world is mostly about career advancement and not about intelligence.if you know how govt works in naija you'd easily grasp what im saying.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Beaf: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2012
burkutu: Imho,the post of nsa is a very cerebral one. Nigerian army officers whether serving or retired are not known for their intelligence.i just don't understand why the post must be given to an army officer. Dammit,the variables the nsa has to juggle to make strategic decisions goes beyond knowledge of weaponry and deployment of troops ffs.

True, there is no reason why it shouldn't go to ex-SSS people. They are much more suited to such tasks.
The use of soldiers is a hangover from our sad military times; the NSA had to have respect within military ranks to avoid coups. However, these days coups are impossible and any coup planner in todays Nigeria is basically a fool.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Adagba1: 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2012
Timijo: You said it all. The best comment that I have ever read on this thread.
Gbamm
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by emekatimsu(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2012
dedeike: Post sack blues by Azazi ft Bello Haliru. You want Gej to arrest a former Head of state abi? Pls when ever they want to effect such arrest on Buhari, they should tell me so that I will pack my bags and head to my village. It's not as if Gej cannot arrest Buhari but he acted very right to avoid such arrest. Let me tell you the likely consequences of such arrest. 1. Buhari himself will never co operate with the security agencies so the real aim of extracting information from him will be defeated. 2. While he's in detention, the opposition in Nigeria led by Tunde Bakare will mount a groundbreaking Occupy protests in Lagos and so many haters are beckoning for such opportunity to come so that they will rubbish Gej. 3. ACN and CPC will heavily poiticise the issue as a deliberate witchunting of the opposition. 4.The entire North West will explode in protests and thus draw more support for Boko Haram. 5. Buhari will come out from the detention and earn more popularity overnight. 6. Renouned Gej haters on Nairaland will now have more ammunition to attack the president as being clueless and vindictive against his opponent. Abeg I no follow. Now I even know why Azazi was sacked.

U have said it alll
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Reference(m): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You don't need evidence to bring someone in for questioning.He was not to be arrested but questioned. Two different things.

Easy for you to say now. If it had happened 24-hrs ago be honest will the Presidency not have been accused of ...... (fill the blanks with any word you like.)

This is one problem that has no offensive solutions in the long term. The National Assembly had better open dialogue with the peoples of this region to first address the religious then the political challenges. That is the way forward.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by agabaI23(m): 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2012
Obiagu1:

The statement above means that the President is more interested in keeping his presidency than the lives that are being wasted every now and then. He is already planning for 2015, sorry Nigerians

How can you juxtapose this recent claim with his earlier statement that PDP is Boko Haram and Boko Haram is PDP? is Buhari now a member of PDP?

What is the relationship?
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2012
Position of NSA is birthright of northern nigeria.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
Reference:

Easy for you to say now. If it had happened 24-hrs ago be honest will the Presidency not have been accused of ...... (fill the blanks with any word you like.)

This is one problem that has no offensive solutions in the long term. The National Assembly had better open dialogue with the peoples of this region to first address the religious then the political challenges. That is the way forward.

He is the freaking president . . If you truly believe what you have above, then it is more than obvious you believe you have a balless man as president - a man who is likely too concerned about what people will say than getting the job done.

There is a problem that needs to be solved. If questioning(NOT ILLEGALLY ARREST) people including Buhari, IBB, etc. He ought to do just that to get the job done. Excuses such as the one you suggest above only further bolsters the argument by some that there is a clueless man in power and he needs to be gotten rid of.

Many here have been quick to suggest GUTLESSNESS as reason for why Jonathan refused the questioning of people like Buhari. I ask if those people at least analyze their statements to realize that they have no faith in the man they suggest these excuses for. A president does what is right, even when it is unpopular.

Any fear of what the masses will think, or will say validates the claims that critics, such as my person, have been making all along, that he does not have what it takes to be a leader. It is that simple!
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Mekusnwa: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
Joey82: I seriously doubt if GEJ prepared himself for the position he is handling,
ordinary ceos of companies read books like the art of war, 48 laws of power etc, i doubt if he's got any of these books on his shelf.
being a president means u are a soldier, at least the comander in chief of an entire country's armed forces.
i think mr president had better train himself in the art of war and buckle up his mind instead of showing all these softness.
most of us here blaming azazi as if he said anything wrong by calling the president soft.
i remember how yaradua gave orders for these bokites to be executed not even giving a hoot about whose ox was gored and here we have gej calling for negotiation.
on what bases is he going to negotite with criminals who are asking for the impossible.
he should take a cue from obama, he (obama) personally command drone strikes on any suspected terrorists,
gej should enter action with boldeness, in the end timidity will only make matters worst!
who told you the President has not read the books you Mentioned? Even if he hasn't, he doesnt in any way fit into the dumb robes that you have tailored for him. Mind you, he has a Doctarate degree. And PHD is no mean feat even if it was obtained in Ijaw language. I am sure you may not even have a masters, that is if you re even a graduate yet. Let's learn to respect our leaders. What did he do to warrant all the insults you dished to him in that post. In your thinking, he should demonstrate courage by implementing any and every advice proffered to him. If you were President, you will demonstrate extraordinary courage by quizzing your opponent who coincendentally is a former Head of state, just because your security advicer said so without any concrete evidence in support of such quiz. What a disastrous president that would be!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Emmy0203: 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
Sack den,ΨђåƮ next a gud changs oR sam story?
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Reference(m): 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
Joey82: I seriously doubt if GEJ prepared himself for the position he is handling,

Against who. Against what. Catch them, execute them then what. Or level Yobe, Kaduna and Bauchi. Choose. Because talk is cheap. How do you deal with an insurgency apolitically. Since the days of Yaradua has the military and intelligence community weakened or strengthened. These BH have also evolved since Yaradua time. They have retired from guerilla style tactics to full blown insurgency. This is no longer a military operation but an intel one and that's why Azazi is being asked questions cos the SSS are under his thumb.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2012
Reference:

Against who. Against what. Catch them, execute them then what. Or level Yobe, Kaduna and Bauchi. Choose. Because talk is cheap. How do you deal with an insurgency apolitically. Since the days of Yaradua has the military and intelligence community weakened or strengthened. These BH have also evolved since Yaradua time. They have retired from guerilla style tactics to full blown insurgency. This is no longer a military operation but an intel one and that's why Azazi is being asked questions cos the SSS are under his thumb.

And this all happened within the last 2 years . . the same period we were supposedly re-building our police force, restructuring and re-equipping them. The same 2 years we claimed we trained our JTF groups to work more efficiently and budgeted well over 1 trillion on this and more.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Claumy2(m): 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
ADC to Babangida? Hmmmmmm... Still watching
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by nijanigga: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

But must Azazi tell the whole world about the conversation? Azaai should have been arrested for leaking classified information through his media spokesman. He was the national security adviser for goodness' sake, how could GEJ have nominated such a person to such a sensitive post? It must be either because Azazi is from the SS or GEJ is not up to the job.

"Oloshi", what is classified in Nigeria,is Nigeria itself classified? I see Nigeria as it's about to be endangered specie.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by ZUBY77(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2012
moderatorr: Azazi will do anything to dirty Goodluck's name.
He's not the first incompetent man Goodluck is dealing with.
We have a security adviser and bombs are going off everyday!
All he could say was 'boko haram is PDP and PDP is boko haram' .
Is that a nursery rhyme or what? From a national security adviser!

Damn, i thought it was Beaf .
He is not your adviser but GEJs.
We dont know what he told GEJ.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Ozonna(m): 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2012

THREAD CLOSED. What more can one say again? Spot on
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Joey82(m): 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mekusnwa: who told you the President has not read the books you Mentioned? Even if he hasn't, he doesnt in any way fit into the dumb robes that you have tailored for him. Mind you, he has a Doctarate degree. And PHD is no mean feat even if it was obtained in Ijaw language. I am sure you may not even have a masters, that is if you re even a graduate yet. Let's learn to respect our leaders. What did he do to warrant all the insults you dished to him in that post. In your thinking, he should demonstrate courage by implementing any and every advice proffered to him. If you were President, you will demonstrate extraordinary courage by quizzing your opponent who coincendentally is a former Head of state, just because your security advicer said so without any concrete evidence in support of such quiz. What a disastrous president that would be!

who is talking about educational qualifications here, non of his predecessors had a phd but in my analysis, they were better leaders compared to gej.
my opinion is if buhari is the problem as the NSA said, he should be invited for questioning, or are we going to let the entire nation perish becos of the deeds of one man?
the earlier mr president starts demonstrating courage, the earlier his so called enemies start rethinking b4 unleashing their mayhe. mr president is way too predictable; the bombs keeps blowing up killing innocent citizens and he keeps claiming to be on top of the situation.
and i did not see anywhere in my post where i insulted mr president. i'm only stating the obvious
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2012
But why is Azazi screaming "I bin talk say make kwenshun Alhaji Buhari" when he himself already pointed fingers at GEJ/PDP as being behind the bombings? undecided
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Captainajama: 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

He is the freaking president . . If you truly believe what you have above, then it is more than obvious you believe you have a balless man as president - a man who is likely too concerned about what people will say than getting the job done.

There is a problem that needs to be solved. If questioning(NOT ILLEGALLY ARREST) people including Buhari, IBB, etc. He ought to do just that to get the job done. Excuses such as the one you suggest above only further bolsters the argument by some that there is a clueless man in power and he needs to be gotten rid of.

Many here have been quick to suggest GUTLESSNESS as reason for why Jonathan refused the questioning of people like Buhari. I ask if those people at least analyze their statements to realize that they have no faith in the man they suggest these excuses for. A president does what is right, even when it is unpopular.

Any fear of what the masses will think, or will say validates the claims that critics, such as my person, have been making all along, that he does not have what it takes to be a leader. It is that simple!
Clueless Mother ......er. Do you know what running a govt entail? Here you are ranting. Have you ever heard of surveillance and clandestine operations? GEJ is nt as clueless as you are. He knows that picking up those men on mere suspicion is not a 21st century thing.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by wordychap: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
how do we compromise 'BH is pdp n pdp is BH'' with 'quizing buhari' it means his earlier statement was unfounded- buhari ain't pdp. it can b deduced 4rm azazi's statements he's not abrase w d security challenges in d country hence his EXIT, sure d said list of BH sponsors' not even compiled. i don't expect BH insurgency to end soon, lots of indoctrinated pple in d north wil blow self up, more so in d midst of people they hate.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
wordychap: how do we compromise 'BH is pdp n pdp is BH'' with 'quizing buhari' it means his earlier statement was unfounded- buhari ain't pdp. it can b deduced 4rm azazi's statements he's not abrase w d security challenges in d country hence his EXIT, sure d said list of BH sponsors' not even compiled. i don't expect BH insurgency to end soon, lots of indoctrinated pple in d north wil blow self up, more so in d midst of people they hate.

You folks should stop spouting off rubbish. What? because they are PDP, they cannot associate with Non-PDP members? undecided undecided undecided undecided Don't you think it is a tad possible that members of PDP, IBB, Obasanjo, Buhari, and AlQuaeda could be behind this group?

Rather than coming up with brain-dead explanations, why not instead demand your Government provide you with the exact statements made and explanations given.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by franchizy(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
Even if all d service chiefs r sacked the situation wil stil remain d same
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by OluBendel: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2012
agabaI23:

How can juxtapose this recent claim with his earlier statement that PDP is Boko Haram and Boko Haram is PDP? is Buhari now a member of PDP?

What is the relationship?

My thoughts exactly.So much for security advisory!
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Akpan107(m): 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2012
werepeLeri: Invite Buhari and let all opposition clamp down on the President with street protests. He hasnt been invited and his supporters are throwing bomb and killing one another- what will happen if they have him "brought in"?
It would be HELL my brother, i stay in the North, and i know how they are behaving.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by owobokiri(m): 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2012
So how many Interior ministers, Defence ministers, SSS, NSA, IGP, Police Commissioners, Army chiefs, etc have been sacked by GEJ because of all the crises in the north? Where are the improvements after every sack? Since it is obvious that some northern top shots are behind these crises, why is the c-in-c more interested in bickering with his officers when all he has to do is order them to arrest the culprits? Some mullahs are untouchable? Doing so will destablise his government? Is the safety of GEJs tenure more important than the safety of our lives?
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Megabyts(m): 8:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
Invite and arrest are words used interchangebly in security parlance.but why buhari? somebody who served this country without a single record of stealing when master looters like the sacked azazi,his boss,governors etc are rolling free? It definately would have been a catalyst for formenting more trouble for nija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria / Nine People Murdered By Suicide Attack In Borno / Tinubu, Bisi Akande At June 12 Democracy Day Celebration In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.