Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria (1221 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by gonzaga: 7:06am On Jun 24, 2012
I heard a very disturbing information this morning and I will plead with anyone that is close to security agencies to bring this information to their notice. Those with BB should pls help to broadcast this message and spread it around.

The information is that; after the 2011 elections, some northern leaders met to analyze the election results and concluded that it was the Christian population in the north that made up the chunk of the 25% required votes for GEJ. It was then agreed that; a war will be waged on Christians living in the north to decimate their numbers or drive them out from the north completely. The aim is that; if Christians are killed en masse, there will be nobody to vote in support of GEJ should he decide to contest in 2015. In the alternative, they would have driven out all Christians from the north.

It was also agreed that while this pogrom is going on, the leaders will be calling for dialogue. The aim of which is to secure the commitment of power going back to the north in 2015. If this is gotten, hostilities against Christians in the north will seize, if not, the plan A to exterminate all Christians living in the north will continue unabated. My first reaction when I heard this information was to dismiss it. But on a second thought, I asked myself; why are the Christians in the north been targeted every day? What offence did they commit? The only answer to these
questions for now, is this story.

No wonder, no leader of strong standing in the north has come out to condemn what is currently going on. Instead, they are asking the government to dialogue and nobody is asking what the terms of the dialogue will be. The reason why the Christians in the north are bombed every Sunday is to ensure that nobody will alive to make up 25% again. Those who shed crocodile tears before the 2011 elections and vowed never to contest elections in this country again have started singing a different tone. This is a grand orchestrated political killing arrangement to get power back at all cost.

They have suddenly decided to go back to the ACN they accused of betrayal. They want to deliver a block vote from the north and then ACN will deliver the southwest, so that there won’t be a clear winner in the first round of the elections. With this, before the announcement of the second round, they will declare victory and begin to cause serious violence should that declaration not stand. My fellow people, this is why Christians in the north are being killed every day.

Christians in the north have suffered a lot over the years. They are denied job opportunities, promotion at work, juicy appointment and in some cases, forced to covert before they are given any opportunity. Unlike in the south, religion is the only determinant yardstick for measuring success in life in the north. If you are unfortunate to be born a Christian and you are not ready to embrace Islam, be ready to suffer extreme deprivations in all facets of life. Ask any Christian northerner, they will tell you better.

When this madness started, we were told that it was not a war against Christians, But today, we just wait for Sundays to count the number of Churches that have been bombed. The decision to choose Sunday is because, that is the day you can get a very high number of casualties. We hear that house to house killings are even secretly going on in some northern states. God help us.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2012
Sadly enough this could be true...........
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2012
Sadly enough this could be true...........
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by defemz(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2012
It is true. This people are cruel and sold to the devil
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by emiwanlee(m): 9:35am On Jun 24, 2012
I do not have any reason not to belive you

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by ishmael(m): 9:48am On Jun 24, 2012
I still put the blames on PDP, and GEJ is one of them. Why did they go into the agreement of rotational presidency ab'initio? Why did they not stick to it again? GEJ was threatened by these same northern politicians, and they meant their threats, and no body has been arrested ever since they started killing and bombing. GEJ should act as the C in C of the armed forces that he is by arresting those behind all these killings and bombings.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by PointB: 9:57am On Jun 24, 2012
Everyone knows this is the truth. But the bigger question is what should we or the Northern Christian do about it? The security agents are clearly overwhelmed by the enormity of the challenge.

This strategy though brutally calculating, will only succeed on the condition that:

1. Government enter a political dialogue?
2. Northern Christians don't fight back
3. 2015 election is rigged!

Failure for any of these three things to happen will greatly affect their calculation. Let's not lose sight of the fact that the core north has 12 states, and in addition to their potentially winning the SW votes, they would still need to win the middle belt, and of course the 25% in fiercely christian SS/SE. This will not happen.

The best option left for northern christian, though counter-intuitive, is to stand their ground and fight back. Turning tail and running makes it easier for the enemy. Those who cannot do this should leave, life is bigger than any political consideration. In the three years that it will takes to decimate the christian population, a civil war would have broken out, or northern economy will cease to exist completely, and strife wary pawns in the north will turn on their leader. GEJ should stay the course! No negotiation!

Besides, even if the North recaptures power in 2015, what can they do with it apart from setting Nigeria further backward, and breeding more almajiris with federal handouts?
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by BAMMZ(m): 10:53am On Jun 24, 2012
Infact the poster will be right. You need to live in the north to realy appreciate this sad reality. But the goodnews is that the xtians wil never succumb! The battle line is drawn. No xtian ever trust a muslim & wil not be decieved any more. You need to hav witnessd adamawas last guber elections. If not for pdp's rigging might,the xtian ACN clearly won across the state. Marwa could not win in his xtian dominated town of michika. The norths intimidation strategy wil never succeed. Fear is nothing now. Xtians of Nigeria, just keep praying along. We shall overcome soon in Jesus name.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Nenum(m): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2012
Hmmmmmm. Really something to think about
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Olaolufred(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2012
@poster.
I got from you that you heard.
But whether what you heard is true or false is another thing entirely.
I can't just begin posting this around because you heard.
For instance, I heard that India was bound from football because they played with talisman. Once won a match in 99: 0 margin. Very popular tale but complete lies.
So, I do not live my life on what someone heard, proove is all that matters.
Thanks.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Elueme: 11:34am On Jun 24, 2012
You are on point and are not far from the truth...Why I detest careless tweets and posts joining issues with these elements from the north( Islamists,power Mongols) to discredit GEJ.. We are not unawares of the plans to saboteur his strides and efforts to put nigeria on the part of development so that any southerner who may wish to contest in 2015 will be demoralized and unpopular.. But let them know that no matter their strategy, the forces of light ll triumph over evil....
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by gonzaga: 11:47am On Jun 24, 2012
@ Olaolufred, even if I heard, this information is very true. Ask any Christian northerner if I had said anything out of the ordinary.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Olaolufred(m): 11:49am On Jun 24, 2012
BAMMZ: Infact the poster will be right. You need to live in the north to realy appreciate this sad reality. But the goodnews is that the xtians wil never succumb! The battle line is drawn. No xtian ever trust a muslim & wil not be decieved any more. You need to hav witnessd adamawas last guber elections. If not for pdp's rigging might,the xtian ACN clearly won across the state. Marwa could not win in his xtian dominated town of michika. The norths intimidation strategy wil never succeed. Fear is nothing now. Xtians of Nigeria, just keep praying along. We shall overcome soon in Jesus name.

Injustices is the major problem of nigeria.
Injustice idolizes coruption.
Christian in adamawa voted for ACN, if not for PDP rigging might......
What of if christian had resulted to fighting for their vote in a violent way?
The politician knows we are religious. They also knows that our James, John and Emmanuels are part of the rogues that embezzles our national wealth.
When these politicians want to have their way, they tried to divide us from the tribal or religious fronts.
Wait sir, I Know alamisiegha, ibori, igbinedion, obj, etc are christians @ least they are church goers.
Do they perform better than Raji Fashola who is a muslim?
We christian + our pastors are part of the problem Nigeria is facing today.
For me and my family, Fashola is better than 1000 james, johns etc who sucks nigeria like their muslim's counterpart.
So, I'll vote a muslim I believe if his party agenda is progressive.
They can't keep decieving me when their weakness is open for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Olaolufred(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
BAMMZ: Infact the poster will be right. You need to live in the north to realy appreciate this sad reality. But the goodnews is that the xtians wil never succumb! The battle line is drawn. No xtian ever trust a muslim & wil not be decieved any more. You need to hav witnessd adamawas last guber elections. If not for pdp's rigging might,the xtian ACN clearly won across the state. Marwa could not win in his xtian dominated town of michika. The norths intimidation strategy wil never succeed. Fear is nothing now. Xtians of Nigeria, just keep praying along. We shall overcome soon in Jesus name.

Injustices is the major problem of nigeria.
Injustice idolizes coruption.
Christian in adamawa voted for ACN, if not for PDP rigging might......
What of if christian had resulted to fighting for their vote in a violent way?
The politician knows we are religious. They also knows that our James, John and Emmanuels are part of the rogues that embezzles our national wealth.
When these politicians want to have their way, they tried to divide us from the tribal or religious fronts.
Wait sir, I Know alamisiegha, ibori, igbinedion, obj, etc are christians @ least they are church goers.
Do they perform better than Raji Fashola who is a muslim?
We christian + our pastors are part of the problem Nigeria is facing today.
For me and my family, Fashola is better than 1000 james, johns etc who sucks nigeria like their muslim's counterpart.
So, I'll vote a muslim I believe if his party agenda is progressive.
They can't keep decieving me when their weakness is open for all to see.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2012
Poster,

what you failed to add is that in Islam, it is a taboo for non-moslem to rule over moslems add this to the fact that it is already a tradition in the North to shed innocent blood of non-moslems, add this to the fact of the current global campaign of terror by Islamic Jihardists, Nigeria is so ripe for this terrorism.

As far as I am concerned, Boko Haram is an idealogy of the average "born to rule" hausa/fulani northern moslems. Boko Haram has been in existense even before it was so named.

It is only wisdom for us to sit now and renegotiate Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
The insecurity in the North has different dimensions, the greatest is poverty and decades of neglects by the parents and State governments. Religion of Islam is also a major factor as muslims always believe they are marginalized whenever they are not in power. If Osama bin Laden, a terrorist with financial standing can be chase into the mountains of Afghanistan and killed like a lil rat in Pakistan, then Boko Haram will be annihilated. All that needs to be done is cut off supplier root of ammunition and get the sponsors in prisons
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by naijaking1: 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
Northern christians who believe they are born to fetch water and hue wood for northern muslims are to blame for this unfortunate situation. Shame on all northern christians who misunderstand the biblical injunction: "Turn the other cheek" Also shame on christian northern leaders like Gowon, Danjuma, and a host of other political misfits who have been used and abused by fanatic muslims all in the name of northern solidarity.

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Andrew3(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
I am believer, I believe.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by gbogboti: 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
In the north, since the Hausa Fulanis dominate the number, they 'll always rule. Politics is a game of number. The christians are very few. I hope this makes a little sense. Come 2015, like it was in 2011, they can only win NW, NE and may be SW due to religious affiliation. The other 3 regions will still vote for Jonathan like it was in 2011. I bet you.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Beaf1: 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
@poster

Is this another theory or what?
So if you are asked whether Boko Haram is religious or political which one is your answer? Or do we say they are for both? And how possible could that be given that religion (i mean the real religion found in the sacred books) and politics today are moving in a different direction?

Are Boko Haram killing for their god or for the northern politicians who want to rule come 2015?

I am sure many are confused right now on which to believe.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by okosodo: 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
They are killing both for allah and their leaders
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by Beaf1: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
^
I dont believe that. Let's just say there are different groups - those killing because of their god and the others for politicians.
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by biolanurat: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2012
@ OP. SMH.
Why can 't everybody think lik olaolufred.
We hv allowed d aims of our corrupt leaders to be acheived. Wen they wat to share their loot they don't consider religious or ethnicity differences bt wen they want our votes they run to us dangling religious & ethnicity factor b4 us & unfortunately we fall for it.
They hv planted the seed of hatred in us
@ OP. I don't agree wit ur analysis. Can you pls explain wat happened in d case of OBJ.If I can stil recall majority of hi s votes came 4rm d north
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
biolanurat: @ OP. SMH.
Why can 't everybody think lik olaolufred.
We hv allowed d aims of our corrupt leaders to be acheived. Wen they wat to share their loot they don't consider religious or ethnicity differences bt wen they want our votes they run to us dangling religious & ethnicity factor b4 us & unfortunately we fall for it.
They hv planted the seed of hatred in us
@ OP. I don't agree wit ur analysis. Can you pls explain wat happened in d case of OBJ.If I can stil recall majority of hi s votes came 4rm d north

^^^Like they had a choice. It was arranged for OBJ to 'win' to assuage the feelings of the south west and not because of any sense of wanting to vote based on merit and fairness. The only time everyone closed eyes to ethnic considerations was during 'june 12' elections, and that included all ethnic groups not just Hausa/Fulani.

You can sit there and proffer arguments about GEJ trying to cause disunity and all that, but we know better. Facts on the ground speak louder than your theories and argument: the fact that churches are being bombed almost on a weekly basis; the fact that my Igbo brethren (and others) in the north have lost more life to the marauding bloodthirsty Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri (and their foreign cousins) killer squads than for any other reason in the last two years; the fact that innocent youth corpers had their life snuffed out by gangs of filthy street urchins because their man buhari lost the last elections; the fact that some of your lot decided and were bold enough to say they would make the country ungovernable for GEJ if he contested the last elections; the fact that you guys up core north have nothing you can identify with as your contribution to national growth and prosperity, besides 'politicking' and trying to corner power and resources for yourself (that seems to be your raison d'etre for living).

Like i always say, it's not the bastards causing us all this grief that i lay much of the blame with, but the people/s that should have known better and seen the pre-civil war period as a time to address many of the underlying issues holding us back as a 'nation'; issues [b]THE ABURI ACCORD [/b]would have gone a long way in solving.

May God save us!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by usermane(m): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
i will not reject the claim of this post title just as i will not accept it. Some things need not to b 4goten and i will mention them.
GEJ who u all support won 2011 election but have done nothing to prove he deserve the seat. I don't mean Buhari really does bt he is better for Nigeria than GEJ. 2ndly do u think by bombing churches in the north, the % of xtian vote can be cut down remarkably?do u? So that cud not have bn d reason for the bombing. Just like u say about adamawa state, Gov. Yakowa of kaduna nvr won the election. GEJ selected him denying the CPC canditate his victory. Now u have 2 admit both muslims and xtians are guilty of the same offence they accuse each other of. Accordn 2 power rotation. The current tenure is 4 d north as obj ruled 4rm '99 to '07. Even though Yar 'adua died 2010. GEJ should have step down 2011 for a northerner 2 complete the tenure by 2015 b4 stepping aside for a southerner. 2day GEJ is still in power and claiming this is just his 1st tenure that would last till 2019. If he were a notherner southerners wud complain 2. Bt evn knowing he is in d wrong place GEJ nvr did anything to keep his duties well done. Alot of d northern governors are PDPs hence they support GEJ rather than Buhari. They are 2 curropt to stand him.
The boko haram, i will consider as islamic extremist who have openly stated their act what i refer to an poor under understanding of the meaning of jihad are not working with the Qur'an,muslims or northern governors. A lot of notherners don't share their islamic view bt can do nothing because of how dangerous the sect has proved to be
Re: Why Churches Are Under Attack In Northern Nigeria by BAMMZ(m): 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
Let me put all the blame on Mr IBB, who had sown the seed of discord and has been monitoring its growth ever since he annulled a free, fair,unbiased, unanimous,united election in 1993. A precedent would hav been set in Nigeria & religion, region or tribe wouldnt have been a major factor in elections in nigeria today.

(1) (Reply)

Too Fat To Serve: US Army Gives Tons Of Overweight Soldiers The Boot / Jonathan In Proxy War With Amaechi Over Failure Of Niger Delta Minister, Orubebe / Amaechi Win NGF Election Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.