Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife (42357 Views)

Reigning Queen Esther At Chris Okotie's Household Of God Church / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by ODB1: 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2012
[size=20pt]How can a somebody who can't manage his home stand in front of people every Sunday and tell them how to lead their homes?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by onatisi(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2012
valencia25: na d man sabi jare.... See Odunlade Adekola www.nairaland.com/973208/odunlade-adekola-
act

so what is there to see about odunade adekola?is he crying or what is special about that pic?you get problems
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by onatisi(m): 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
Sijo01: Mayb dis chris guy a gAy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

that is a point worth thinking ,maybe he cant perform in bed or cant impregnate his wife.fours years should at least have produced a baby
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by felifeli: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
So because he is a man of. God and his marriage failed you must kill him. For God's. Sake WHAT IF. IT WAS THE WOMAN THAT PACKED OUT ? I would be surprised if any of you bashing the man is married. Your coMments show a lack of experience of the problems of married life

4 Likes

Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by y2kaustin(m): 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
werepeLeri:

You are d aft. No sign of remorse? You want him to come to you crying because you are the one who married for him? Were you at his church when he made the announcement?

Mtcheewww
....@weree,u r fun of using abusive words on people,wats ur problem son!.U'l be the next Nairalander am gona beat to a pulp/coma.U nid a referal?

2 Likes

Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by tpia5: 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
beautiful women, hmm, lord have mercy.

smh.

i really feel for them.
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Elueme: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
Don't be quick to judge guys..... If the decision is mutual, there could be more to what we see or hear. Only keeping our hands crossed and watch events, God help him

1 Like

Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by onatisi(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
felifeli: So because he is a man of. God and his marriage failed you must kill him. For God's. Sake
WHAT IF. IT WAS THE WOMAN THAT PACKED OUT ? I would be surprised if any of you bashing the man is married. Your coMments show a lack of experience of the problems of married life

dude dont be unneccessarily stupid .something is fishy with that guy .second woman packing out from the same man.open ur eyes
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Toosure70: 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
Jeze: Pastor Kris Okotie again!
i beg make i hear word, na so some of una wan run for una wife if una get chance. Pastor i like u jo no tolerate nonsence

1 Like

Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Ilekokonit: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
For personal reasons, I stopped going to church in 1999 and decided to from then on communicate with God one on one.

With the following scandals involving popular pastors, my decision is being justified on a continual basis.

What does one make of :-

Pastor Albert Odulele scandal and jail term (I used to go to his church in 1993 but stopped as I couldn't concentrate due to the amount of mini skirt clad ladies that strutted their stuff around at the time)
Bishop Eddie Long scandal
Bishop Eddie Long's wife filing for divorce
Creflo Dollar's 15 year old daughter calling the cops on him
Benny Hinn's lenghty seperation from his wife
Pastor Douglas Goodman debacle and jail term

All of the above named were highly respected men of God in christian circles that their predicament calls into serious questions whether they still hear from God or whether they are now operating in the flesh after the annointing has departed them.

Only God knows the truth.

One has to be VERY CAREFUL who one CHOOSES to be ones pastor.

The days are really evil and some so called pastors are yielding themselves to filthy lucre and outright immorality. They are falling right left and centre.

Stop placing your pastors on a pedestal.

Some pastors (a.k.a entertainers / fund raisers) are no better than a musician who plays every Sunday in an Auditorium (a.k.a Church) to music lovers (a.k.a church goers) who have paid their gate fees (a.k.a tithes / offering / pledges) to watch the entertainer / pastor strut his/her stuff on the stage / pulpit.

Some church members actually have a higher calling from God than the pastor that they subconsciously worship and idolise.

6 Likes

Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by samkoro: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2012
ZUBY77: i am sure this man has councilled thousands of people not to abandon their marriages whether the marriage is working or not. Enslaving many men and women in the name of God while he walks away from his own marriage whenever he wants. Hypo.

One can leave a marriage under certain biblical conditions
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by bebechuks: 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2012
Despite all these, we don't have the right to call him names. Let God be the judge of that oo naira land!!!!!!!
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by SpiritofOkija(m): 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
I love this preacher man.... Christianity has never looked so fhucked up..
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by mu2sa2: 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
Please can anybody tell me the epithet that fits Chris Okotie - philanderer? twice divorcee? playboy? sex machine? woman deceiver? anointed man of God?
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by ACM10: 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
Pastor Chris wants an issue which is not so possible considering his wife's age and his questionable fertility. So he quit the union when he can't find what he sought. I will wait to hear this gist in full. Especially the Stephanie's side of the story.
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Tadup: 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
Never trust a man
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by limantertsa: 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
This is evil, it is a mokery of christ,let us help him in our prayers we need God's devine intervension
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Ilekokonit: 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
This should be a lesson to people who can not choose a life partner for themselves but depend on what their pastors tell them.

Instead of depending on their gut feeling which may be right or wrong, they rely exclusively on their pastors judgement which may also be right or wrong.

Reading the following interview granted by Rev Chris Okotie just before his wedding in 2008, I begin to wonder if these men of God still hear from God or whether they actually can't recognise the voice of God any more.

Here is Rev Chris Okotie speaking in an interview with the Sun newspaper in 2008 about his impending wedding :-

I’ve been asking her to marry me for a long time and she wouldn’t accept my proposal until not too long ago. I thank God for that.

She was not particularly certain whether it was what God wanted for her. She knew I cared a great deal about her but she didn’t want me to marry her just because I loved her. She wanted me to marry her only if the Lord accedes to it. So I had a situation where I had to get the Lord to persuade her that He is a part of this arrangement.

How did you do it? Did you bribe God? Can God be bribed?

I work for Him and as I said, my life is a catalogue of ordinations and He didn’t speak until He was ready to speak and you cannot coax God to say anything when He doesn’t want to say it or do anything when He doesn’t want to do it. I think at the right time, He made it abundantly clear to her. He had told me from the beginning but she wanted Him to speak to her directly and He did.

I can only tell you that God has been very merciful to me and has been very gracious to me. And because he had already set aside a particular woman for me, knowing my own particular reeds and my peculiar needs, she was able to get us to navigate the convulsions of the man-woman relationship, the labyrinths of his complexities to such a place where I was able to recognize the particular woman that God has put for me and come to love her dearly. So, bottomline has been the grace of God.

You know, when people talk in the world, people say they have a soulmate, trying to define a certain soulish connectivity, but Stephanie is not a soulmate to me. She is a wombmate. That is like the matrix because the word in the New Testament that is translated for brethren is a Greek word. That describes us as being born by the same womb. It is the closest affinity in the relationship that you can have in the physical between two people.

That is the way I see her. I feel that both of us were conceived in the womb of divine destiny and that it was just a matter of time before the arm of Almighty God by a coincidence of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit will bring us to a place where our parts will intersect and it did that many years ago and my life has never been the same.

https://www.nairaland.com/158764/pastor-chris-okotie-married#2634891
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2012
there will always come a time when we(as humans) have to face reality. the realities of life can never be dismissed by adopted religious doctrines!
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Ilekokonit: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
If the marriages of Pastors are falling like packs of cards what hope lies in store for that of the non-pastors ??
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by mangbede: 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
Swallow ur pride man.U needs deliverance 4rm phrophet TB Joshua....
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Shokoloko(f): 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
see how nigerians are just spitting out bull because of gist that reached someone's ears. @ op please can u get us a more reliable source
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by crackhouse(m): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
9ijaprince: Na wah oh! Is how he gonna be the president? SMH
president of which country?.
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by KennyG(m): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ilekokonit: This should be a lesson to people who can not choose a life partner for themselves but depend on what their pastors tell them.

Instead of depending on their gut feeling which may be right or wrong, they rely exclusively on their pastors judgement which may also be right or wrong.

Reading the following interview granted by Rev Chris Okotie just before his wedding in 2008, I begin to wonder if these men of God still hear from God or whether they actually can't recognise the voice of God any more.

Here is Rev Chris Okotie speaking in an interview with the Sun newspaper in 2008 about his impending wedding :-

I’ve been asking her to marry me for a long time and she wouldn’t accept my proposal until not too long ago. I thank God for that.

She was not particularly certain whether it was what God wanted for her. She knew I cared a great deal about her but she didn’t want me to marry her just because I loved her. She wanted me to marry her only if the Lord accedes to it. So I had a situation where I had to get the Lord to persuade her that He is a part of this arrangement.

How did you do it? Did you bribe God? Can God be bribed?

I work for Him and as I said, my life is a catalogue of ordinations and He didn’t speak until He was ready to speak and you cannot coax God to say anything when He doesn’t want to say it or do anything when He doesn’t want to do it. I think at the right time, He made it abundantly clear to her. He had told me from the beginning but she wanted Him to speak to her directly and He did.

I can only tell you that God has been very merciful to me and has been very gracious to me. And because he had already set aside a particular woman for me, knowing my own particular reeds and my peculiar needs, she was able to get us to navigate the convulsions of the man-woman relationship, the labyrinths of his complexities to such a place where I was able to recognize the particular woman that God has put for me and come to love her dearly. So, bottomline has been the grace of God.

You know, when people talk in the world, people say they have a soulmate, trying to define a certain soulish connectivity, but Stephanie is not a soulmate to me. She is a wombmate. That is like the matrix because the word in the New Testament that is translated for brethren is a Greek word. That describes us as being born by the same womb. It is the closest affinity in the relationship that you can have in the physical between two people.

That is the way I see her. I feel that both of us were conceived in the womb of divine destiny and that it was just a matter of time before the arm of Almighty God by a coincidence of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit will bring us to a place where our parts will intersect and it did that many years ago and my life has never been the same.

https://www.nairaland.com/158764/pastor-chris-okotie-married#2634891

Now that is full of meaning...lol
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by juleze(f): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ilekokonit: For personal reasons, I stopped going to church in 1999 and decided to from then on communicate with God one on one.

With the following scandals involving popular pastors, my decision is being justified on a continual basis.

What does one make of :-

Pastor Albert Odulele scandal and jail term (I used to go to his church in 1993 but stopped as I couldn't concentrate due to the amount of mini skirt clad ladies that strutted their stuff around at the time)
Bishop Eddie Long scandal
Bishop Eddie Long's wife filing for divorce
Creflo Dollar's 15 year old daughter calling the cops on him
Benny Hinn's lenghty seperation from his wife
Pastor Douglas Goodman debacle and jail term

All of the above named were highly respected men of God in christian circles that their predicament calls into serious questions whether they still hear from God or whether they are now operating in the flesh after the annointing has departed them.

Only God knows the truth.

One has to be VERY CAREFUL who one CHOOSES to be ones pastor.

The days are really evil and some so called pastors are yielding themselves to filthy lucre and outright immorality. They are falling right left and centre.

Stop placing your pastors on a pedestal.

Some pastors (a.k.a entertainers / fund raisers) are no better than a musician who plays every Sunday in an Auditorium (a.k.a Church) to music lovers (a.k.a church goers) who have paid their gate fees (a.k.a tithes / offering / pledges) to watch the entertainer / pastor strut his/her stuff on the stage / pulpit.

Some church members actually have a higher calling from God than the pastor that they subconsciously worship and idolise.
when you're invited to attend churches that hold on to the bible like Assemblies of God, Apostolic Faith, Redeemed, Deeper Life, Foursquare Church and a host of other sound churches, you were attracted to the churches on the other side, who have no history to call them to order.
Please do not desert church altogether, but try out the aforementioned and some others that haven't lost their head and attend with your eyes and ears 'wide' open.
Cheers.
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by crackhouse(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
samkoro:

One can leave a marriage under certain biblical conditions
infidelity, right? Shoulda be the cause?
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by pes7md2010: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
If this is truth, then no one should attend the household of God again. What example is he showing to others?

virgo:

http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,115317.0.html
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by vanminister: 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
NO JUDGING, PLEASE!

OR THE SAME MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE!
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Elib: 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
[quote author=nadias877]i thot marriage was for better for worse. So d bible says
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by Ayatullah(m): 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
PASTOR KRIS OKOTIE, PLEASE PICK UP A COPY OF THE QURAN IN ENGLISH, READ IT, IT WILL MAKE YOU COME TO YOUR SENSES. MAY ALLAH GRANT YOU ISLAM.
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by kinguwem: 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
I think the man of God is hidding something from the public. Time shall tell as we watch more of the drama.
Re: Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife by kinguwem: 9:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
I think the man of God is hidding something from the public. Time shall tell as we watch more of the drama. To God be the glory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Invites Reno Omokri To Join Islam. He Reacts / Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / I Know Why You Want Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.