Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change (2978 Views)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by segeb1980: 9:12am On Jun 26, 2012
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by rasputinn(m): 10:04am On Jun 26, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks girl for your paasion,it's very evident that some people in :Donder shores obviously have a keener sense of priorities than most of our students.
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by jmaine: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2012
Sadly she has a point . . . The babe dey vesss cheesy
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by ikeyman00(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2012
@@@@@@@

alj boko harem

this is what we the great igbo is being trying to tell ur yaribas and hausa vampires all over the world

some will say smart ni; we say na traits

they will protest against the treatment of palestine; whAT U EXPECT from a mallam indeed!

they come in nl talkin about jonathan day and night without contributing anything

these people are joke;

the dna tribalistic gene is doing a whole lots of damages
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by segeb1980: 10:59am On Jun 26, 2012
she has a point
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by inspirenet: 11:03am On Jun 26, 2012
segeb1980: she has a point
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by ikeyman00(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2012
@@@

see their yeye mouth

she has a point mtcheeeeeeew
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Tsmooth1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
Na all those Igbo and Hausa souls they protest about the renaming. Any body weh ni like am i would simple say burn in HELL!!!
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by elliottibanga(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
PMS!

1 Like

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Seun(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
She's just trying to feel superior, and her inability to "understand" shows a lack of empathy and nothing more. I'm certain that MIT students would be pissed if Obama decided to change the name of their school to RAT or MOUSE without consulting even the management of the school. I'm sure past and present students of Harvard University would protest if the school was renamed to GW Bush university by some republican politician. The reason they are protesting is that the decision is easily reversed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
stup1d ugly misinformed and ignorant b1tch.

1 Like

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Tsmooth1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
What are you saying boy! What contribution did bush played in U.S democracy? Abiola fought and died for the democracy you are enjoying today including the freedom of speech to say all this bullshit here. How old were you when Abiola died?
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by sweetroyalty(f): 4:33am On Jun 27, 2012
Gawd! It is soooooo fvkking typical of krakkas to judge what other folks do. These damn troglodytes are forever historically sticking their noses in other peoples business. I would love to tell her face to face "LOOK BATCH! THE STUDENTS OF UNILAG CAN PROTEST WHATEVER THE HELL THEY THINK IS NECESSARY, THE SH*T IN NO WAY CONCERNS YOUR KRAKKA A$$." I get sick of white folks always trying to tell people what should and shouldn't be important to them. GTFOHWTBS!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Jakumo(m): 7:05am On Jun 27, 2012
Ha ha ha ha Lordy lordy
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Jakumo(m): 7:08am On Jun 27, 2012
Ha ha if "Kraka" is meant to be a derogatory word, I can't imagine anyone feeling offended by such a mundane sounding term. I just think of cheese and crackers when I hear it ha ha. All the same, do feel free to include that word in your shrieks and rants on internet forums, if it makes you feel better about the disadvantages of being black in America, Ms. ROYALTY he he.

Anyways, cutting to the chase, did your boyfriend upgrade to a blonde Barbie doll with center-fold curves ? Can't say I blame him, considering your obvious anger issues. You know the old saying : "Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is TO THE BONE."

May I sugggest you take up knitting ? I hear it is a great outlet for unresolved rage afflictions.
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Murphy7h4: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2012
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 28, 2012
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by sweetroyalty(f): 2:46am On Jun 28, 2012
Jakumo: Ha ha if "Kraka" is meant to be a derogatory word, I can't imagine anyone feeling offended by such a mundane sounding term. I just think of cheese and crackers when I hear it ha ha. All the same, do feel free to include that word in your shrieks and rants on internet forums, if it makes you feel better about the disadvantages of being black in America, Ms. ROYALTY he he.

Anyways, cutting to the chase, did your boyfriend upgrade to a blonde Barbie doll with center-fold curves ? Can't say I blame him, considering your obvious anger issues. You know the old saying : "Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is TO THE BONE."

May I sugggest you take up knitting ? I hear it is a great outlet for unresolved rage afflictions.

You forgot to inquire whether I give a rats a$$ about what you think or say. And for the record, my man isn't going anywhere, and if perhaps he decided to, ahh well a blonde or anything else would definitely be a downgrade. And while you're suggesting hobbies, I have a suggestion for you... you might want to not come across as a pathetic sycophant whose head is up the a$$ of white people, it's completely unattractive, and makes you look like the stooge I figured you to be.

1 Like

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by sweetroyalty(f): 2:58am On Jun 28, 2012
omo_to_dun:

First, Harvard and MIT are private schools; thus, the United States government do not have the power to change either of their names. Second, instead of attacking her points, you resorted to ad-hominem by commenting on her lack of empathy and apparent superiority, as would most folks who impetuously respond to criticism.

Nigerians did not vehemently protest when the innocent folks died in the said plane crash, nor did they in the face of constant interrupted power supply. Heck, there were no protests against Boko Haram. None against the politicians who have bled the country all but dry. A couple of months ago, we had a protest here in Bell, California because some elected officials embezzled some tens of thousands of dollars; they are all in jail now! Contrast with Nigeria, all we have are verbal protests and endless arguments, amongst ourselves, but they are not backed by actions.

My friends and I, though Nigerians, have voiced similar sentiments, but no one accused us of "trying to feel superior" or lack of empathy. Nothing she said bespoke of feeling superior. I am not crucifying the UNILAG name change protest; what I am crucifying is our apathy toward more important crises ailing our nation.

In response to the bolded in your statement above. You and your friends CAN voice those concerns because you are actually Nigerian, and who moreso than YOU and other Nigerians concerned about the other issues you spoke of would be better candidates TO speak about those issues as you actually KNOW them better than anyone else, and coming from you it's a legitimate concern instead of a harsh criticism from a foreigner. Some people need to stay in their lane, and the girl in the video is definitely one of them in my opinion. She was basically chastising the Unilag Students for speaking up about something that is heartfelt to them, and her actions are typical of what white people have done historically.

1 Like

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by naijarican(f): 4:24am On Jun 28, 2012
sweetroyalty:

You forgot to inquire whether I give a rats a$$ about what you think or say. And for the record, my man isn't going anywhere, and if perhaps he decided to, ahh well a blonde or anything else would definitely be a downgrade. And while you're suggesting hobbies, I have a suggestion for you... you might want to not come across as a pathetic sycophant whose head is up the a$$ of white people, it's completely unattractive, and makes you look like the stooge I figured you to be.

Look at you, up in here telling the truth and setting nicca's free! You opened up a can of verbal whip a55 and sprayed homeboy from head to toe with it LMAO! His crass a55 deserved it!!!

1 Like

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by naijarican(f): 4:44am On Jun 28, 2012
Jakumo: Ha ha if "Kraka" is meant to be a derogatory word, I can't imagine anyone feeling offended by such a mundane sounding term. I just think of cheese and crackers when I hear it ha ha. All the same, do feel free to include that word in your shrieks and rants on internet forums, if it makes you feel better about the disadvantages of being black in America, Ms. ROYALTY he he.

No American would expect you to think that "Krakka" is offensive, you don't know the history of the word, and therefore how you feel about it is completely irrelevant. As far as the other nonsense that came off your keyboard... I wont respond to it, sweetroyl handed you your a55 on a platter, and I don't have the heart to abuse you any further.

1 Like

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Afam4eva(m): 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
Seun: She's just trying to feel superior, and her inability to "understand" shows a lack of empathy and nothing more. I'm certain that MIT students would be pissed if Obama decided to change the name of their school to RAT or MOUSE without consulting even the management of the school. I'm sure past and present students of Harvard University would protest if the school was renamed to GW Bush university by some republican politician. The reason they are protesting is that the decision is easily reversed.
She never said there's anything wrong with protesting against the renaming of Unilag rather her position is that Nigerians should be protesting for far more important things like getting 24/7 electricity, pibe borne water for the poor, qualitative education and that Nigerians should march to the ministry of aviation to demand answers to the cause of the plane crash and other very important things. Mind you the MIT and Harvard you named are not even government universities so the government can't change their names. The problem we have in this country is that we chase shadows and when someone who's not being infected with the laid back and stupidity driven nature of Nigerians, we call for the person's head. I agree with what the white girl has said.
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by naijarican(f): 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
afam4eva:
She never said there's anything wrong with protesting against the renaming of Unilag rather her position is that Nigerians should be protesting for far more important things like getting 24/7 electricity, pibe borne water for the poor, qualitative education and that Nigerians should march to the ministry of aviation to demand answers to the cause of the plane crash and other very important things. Mind you the MIT and Harvard you named are not even government universities so the government can't change their names. The problem we have in this country is that we chase shadows and when someone who's not being infected with the laid back and stupidity driven nature of Nigerians, we call for the person's head. I agree with what the white girl has said.

Instead of agreeing with what the white girl said, what are YOU doing about the issues you've expressed? My opinion on it is, if you're not taking action toward changing things, agreeing with her isn't doing you any good. You're simply proving her point. For all intents and purposes, what she said may have rang true, but it's still not her place. I'm sure the people of Nigeria know what they need to do to resolve their many issues, but unless this white chick is going to spearhead a Nigerian revolution, I'm of the opinion that she should probably just shut the f.uck up and tend to issues here in America.
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Afam4eva(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
naijarican:

Instead of agreeing with what the white girl said, what are YOU doing about the issues you've expressed? My opinion on it is, if you're not taking action toward changing things, agreeing with her isn't doing you any good. You're simply proving her point. For all intents and purposes, what she said may have rang true, but it's still not her place. I'm sure the people of Nigeria know what they need to do to resolve their many issues, but unless this white chick is going to spearhead a Nigerian revolution, I'm of the opinion that she should probably just shut the f.uck up and tend to issues here in America.

This thread is not about me but about the attitude of Nigerian generally of which i'm a part of. Let's address the merits and demerits of the white girls's assertion without trying to put the whole nation's burden on my head. It's too heavy biko.
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by naijarican(f): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
afam4eva:
This thread is not about me but about the attitude of Nigerian generally of which i'm a part of. Let's address the merits and demerits of the white girls's assertion without trying to put the whole nation's burden on my head. It's too heavy biko.

I'm not saying that this thread is about you, nor am I asserting that the problems of Nigeria should be placed on your individual head. My point is... Though Nigerias problems are vast, this white chick is all sorts of out of place for expressing what Nigerians should be more worried about. At this point, I don't care whether she's right or not, her rant does not move me an iota, because I feel that she has some kind of nerve to come out of her face judging Nigerians and their priorities. They don't need her judgement, especially since she will more than likely not offer a hand to those priorites. Maybe my position is difficult for you to understand, but when you're around white folks day in and day out as I am, you get fed up with their self righteous, "know what's best" for everyone attitude, and you become accustomed to putting them back in their place should they step out of it.
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
naijarican:

I'm not saying that this thread is about you, nor am I asserting that the problems of Nigeria should be placed on your individual head. My point is... Though Nigerias problems are vast, this white chick is all sorts of out of place for expressing what Nigerians should be more worried about. At this point, I don't care whether she's right or not, her rant does not move me an iota, because I feel that she has some kind of nerve to come out of her face judging Nigerians and their priorities. They don't need her judgement, especially since she will more than likely not offer a hand to those priorites. Maybe my position is difficult for you to understand, but when you're around white folks day in and day out as I am, you get fed up with their self righteous, "know what's best" for everyone attitude, and you become accustomed to putting them back in their place should they step out of it.
You're actually vindicating the girl's assertion without even knowinng it. It seems to me that you have a problem with the girl asserting what is glaring to the entire world that Nigerian and you and me have refused to address. Let's not throw the baby with the bath water and take what she's said seriously else pride will be our greatest undoing as citizens of this cesspit we love to call a nation. Onye were nti ya nuo oo(he was has ears let him hear oo)
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Seun(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
The stupid white girl doesn't have the right to tell us what we should be protesting about. Protesting about NEPA will not magically cause huge power generators to spring out of the bowels of the earth and be connected to the grid. Protesting about Boko Haram will not cause them to repent and embrace the gospel. However, protesting about a stupid decision like a change of name which can be easily reversed once the president realises his folly makes more sense. The stupid white girl think she is smarter than us, but she's wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
Seun: The stupid white girl doesn't have the right to tell us what we should be protesting about. Protesting about NEPA will not magically cause huge power generators to spring out of the bowels of the earth and be connected to the grid. Protesting about Boko Haram will not cause them to repent and embrace the gospel. However, protesting about a stupid decision like a change of name which can be easily reversed once the president realises his folly makes more sense. The white girl think she is smarter than us, but she's just a dumb bitch with a big mouth.
Oga, abeg read what you just wrote again. You mean protesting for the name of an institution that does not change the price of garri in Oyingbo market is more important than protesting or or rebelling against the government for leaving us in darkness for to long and throwing away our future by the constant looting of the treasury? SMH
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by naijarican(f): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
afam4eva:
You're actually vindicating the girl's assertion without even knowinng it. It seems to me that you have a problem with the girl asserting what is glaring to the entire world that Nigerian and you and me have refused to address. Let's not throw the baby with the bath water and take what she's said seriously else pride will be our greatest undoing as citizens of this cesspit we love to call a nation. Onye were nti ya nuo oo(he was has ears let him hear oo)

No, I'm not vindicating the girls assertion at all. Why would you assume that I don't know her assertion when it's all up and through her rant? What I have a problem with is what most black people (who have any common sense) would have a problem with, and that is her asserting her opinion on what Nigerians should be viewing as important before protesting about something that is not as important. As stated before, it all goes back to white folks and their perceived 'priviledge' if you will, to be able to speak upon what other countries should or shouldn't be doing. Again, in my opinion, she needs to fall the hell back, and let Nigerians assess what's important. She isn't in any position to have that say, Nothing more nothing less
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by naijarican(f): 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
Seun: The stupid white girl doesn't have the right to tell us what we should be protesting about. Protesting about NEPA will not magically cause huge power generators to spring out of the bowels of the earth and be connected to the grid. Protesting about Boko Haram will not cause them to repent and embrace the gospel. However, protesting about a stupid decision like a change of name which can be easily reversed once the president realises his folly makes more sense. The stupid white girl think she is smarter than us, but she's wrong.

Exactly, and historically white people have felt that they are 'smarter' or know more than any other race of people, and that thinking has afforded them the 'priviledge' of speaking out of turn about the ills of other countries. They speak out of turn to this day because they are used to people listening. My point is, until your back yard is swept clean, you can't tell me a damn thing about mine.
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by Afam4eva(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
naijarican:

Exactly, and historically white people have felt that they are 'smarter' or know more than any other race of people, and that thinking has afforded them the 'priviledge' of speaking out of turn about the ills of other countries. They speak out of turn to this day because they are used to people listening. My point is, until your back yard is swept clean, you can't tell me a damn thing about mine.
Their backyard may not be sparkling clean but it's clean nonetheless but ours is freaking dirty and stinky, so her rant is in order.
Re: White Girl Takes On UNILAG Students Over Name Change by naijarican(f): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
afam4eva:
Their backyard may not be sparkling clean but it's clean nonetheless but ours is freaking dirty and stinky, so her rant is in order.

afam4eva my brotha... I'm going to have to give you a hearty... CHILE PULEASE!!!! LOL It don't matter how clean their backyard is, it still aint clean enough to tell us what we gotta do with ours. But great conversation though

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIABUJA 2012/2013 Post Graduate Admission List Is Out / Is This Year Jamb Result Better? / University Of Ibadan To Resume January 4th, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.