Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon (1653 Views)

Amina J. Mohammed As Profiled By The United Nations / Toyin Saraki Speaks At United Nations Event... See Photos / Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 3:43am On Apr 04, 2006
DO you surport the clamp down of iranian government by the united nation on its neuclear program?
Recently Iran launched their first missle ahead a possible war with the united states.
Today, a second missle called the (whale) was launched ahead a possible war with the united states.

Do you think iran should be allowed to use their neuclear power concidering the danger of developing a neuclear bomb. ?

Please concider hiroshima and nagasaki neuclear bomb in your answer

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/B7780ED7-5B0E-4E9A-83B5-18D355F1BAB1.htm
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by jagwar: 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2006
In my own opinion i believe every nation has the right to have any weapon or technology they desire, especially when some already hav it & are try to deny access to others. Besides if the current most dangerous nation in the world (israel) is allowed to hav it why cant anyone else.

It should be noted that any nation that uses a nuclear weapon against a fellow country would face total military destruction from members of the UN security council. America got away with it because there was no UN during WWII.

So u may get the WMDs, but use it first at your own risk. They are only useful for retaliation. I dont blame Iran for pursuing such weapons when u hav a power hungry country like isreal that has occupied every one of its neighbours.
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2006
jagwar:

In my own opinion i believe every nation has the right to have any weapon or technology they desire, especially when some already hav it & are try to deny access to others. Besides if the current most dangerous nation in the world (israel) is allowed to hav it why can't anyone else.

It should be noted that any nation that uses a nuclear weapon against a fellow country would face total military destruction from members of the UN security council. America got away with it because there was no UN during WWII.

So u may get the WMDs, but use it first at your own risk. They are only useful for retaliation. I don't blame Iran for pursuing such weapons when u hav a power hungry country like isreal that has occupied every one of its neighbours.

I know that america went away with it and they are not gona try using such power again. Besides, america is part of the UN, so most of the UN decisions favors america. I personally think that iran should be allowed to use uranium only on these condition

1 - They will commit on using them for peacful means only
2 - They will allow russian government interference in the uranium development process and by doing so, the likelyhood of developing a neuclear weapon will be less feasible and will be transparent to the UN becasue UN have more transparency in Russia.
3 - They will have UN members as the board of directors developing irans uranium for peaceful means only,

The issue of allowing them use it is not a question of trust becasue in this kinda of thing, we trust no one. Hirroshima and nagasaki is just a city destroyed after just one time bobm. if such an bomb is developed. A whole country can vanish in a twinkle of an eye and from what we know about iran.

Iran is a muslim country which means they are eagerly ready to commit succuide bombing, so we dont want people to install uranium bombs and be "happy' to die at the same time. It is really complicated
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2006
I personally think that iran should be allowed to use uranium only on these condition

2 - They will allow russian government interference in the uranium development process and by doing so, the likelyhood of developing a neuclear weapon will be less feasible and will be transparent to the UN becasue UN have more transparency in Russia.
3 - They will have UN members as the board of directors developing irans uranium for peaceful means only,

@larger-20
On what grounds are u basing those conditions? Where the Americans and EU members subject to those conditions when they started their weapons programme? The current most dangerous nation on earth is the US with a huge stockpile of Nuclear weapons that can wipe out the whole world in minutes. The US is still building on their nuclear arsenal and yet trying to bully others into not having the same things they take for granted.
Please leave Iran alone, the reason the US is screaming the loudest is not because they care so much about "world peace" but because they want to maintain the balance of power at all costs! They want to retain the ability to bully other nations on the basis of their own superior millitary strength!
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by Mariory(m): 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2006
In the recent past the Iranian president said Isreal should be wiped off the face of the earth. He claimed he was merely putting foward the thoughts of most Iranians.

Should such a nation with such a leader be allowed access to nuclear weapons?
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2006
larger_20:

I know that america went away with it and they are not gona try using such power again. Besides, america is part of the UN, so most of the UN decisions favors america. I personally think that iran should be allowed to use uranium only on these condition

The issue of allowing them use it is not a question of trust becasue in this kind of of thing, we trust no one. Hirroshima and nagasaki is just a city destroyed after just one time bobm. if such an bomb is developed. A whole country can vanish in a twinkle of an eye and from what we know about iran.

Iran is a muslim country which means they are eagerly ready to commit succuide bombing, so we don't want people to install uranium bombs and be "happy' to die at the same time. It is really complicated

The united states have powers oveer other countries yes but this was something happening before the UN was established. I am very sure that the united states stopped producing neuclear weapons after the UN banned it.

You may be right about the US intrest in retaining the number one world super power just like every country will do if they have the same status and i dont blame them. For some reason, i dont completly belive you becasue US through the united nations help other countries inclduing the most recent earthquake that occoured in iran (their enemy)

They help poor african countires too including nigeria.
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2006
Mariory:

In the recent past the Iranian president said Isreal should be wiped off the face of the earth. He claimed he was merely putting foward the thoughts of most Iranians.

Should such a nation with such a leader be allowed access to nuclear weapons?

I am partially against the taught or actions of the iranian president for saying such a thing and u know that iran is dominantly a muslim nation. Muslim religon is strict to start with and even though their stance on certain things is debatable, there is no argument in the issue of God. Most of them are very reserved and conservative about ther religions view
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2006
The united states have powers oveer other countries yes but this was something happening before the UN was established. I am very sure that the united states stopped producing neuclear weapons after the UN banned it.

You may be right about the US intrest in retaining the number one world super power just like every country will do if they have the same status and i don't blame them. For some reason, i don't completly believe you becasue US through the united nations help other countries inclduing the most recent earthquake that occoured in iran (their enemy)

They help poor african countires too including nigeria.

@larger-20
All cock and bull! For one the US have consistently shown disregard to the UN led by Koffi Annan. The UN did not approve of the US led attacks in Iraq yet they went ahead.
The US help no one except when their own interests are affected (they call it foreign policy). Why is the US interested in Nigeria and not Niger or Zimbabwe?
The US have stopped producing weapons of mass destruction? Think again!
Even if they do not produce weapons of mass destruction anymore, how about showing moral leadership by getting rid of them?
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by jagwar: 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2006
I'd like u 2 understand that Iran is a nationalist country just like India, the only diff being that Iran is built on Islam & India on hinduism. It is clear that any nation that has nothing against arab nations or is not blindly biased towards israel will hav nothing to fear about Iran getting nuclear weapons. Russia, china & many other countries hav nothing to fear since they did not fund & support saddam's unprovoked war against Iran. It is important to note that every single enemy of the US was created by the US.

North-Korea
   the US is so concerned about N.K's nuclear weapons bcoz they joined the south koreans  in fighting
   North korea, whereas neighbours china & Russia hav nothing to fear. Maybe they should mind their
   business more often and stop making more enemies for themselves.

Iraq
   sadam's regime was once supported and armed by the US b4 they decided to undo what they created.  
   The way i see things in that country the US has succeeded in creating either a puppet for Iran or
   another Iran. Iraq under sanctions was totally harmless but now theyve created a new future islamic
   nationalist state that will continue to haunt them.  

Iran
   of course for supporting sadam against them.

With China currently rising as the next superpower by 2016 & US busy flushing dollars down the drain in Iraq & Afghanistan it would be great to see a new world order with china at the top. Good ridance to bad rubbish cool. A super power that does not seek trouble where it is not wanted will last very long.
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 11:53pm On Apr 04, 2006
jagwar:

I'd like you to understand that Iran is a nationalist country just like India, the only diff being that Iran is built on Islam & India on hinduism. It is clear that any nation that has nothing against arab nations or is not blindly biased towards israel will hav nothing to fear about Iran getting nuclear weapons. Russia, china & many other countries hav nothing to fear since they did not fund & support saddam's unprovoked war against Iran. It is important to note that every single enemy of the US was created by the US.

North-Korea
the US is so concerned about N.K's nuclear weapons because they joined the south koreans in fighting
North korea, whereas neighbours china & Russia hav nothing to fear. Maybe they should mind their
business more often and stop making more enemies for themselves.

Iraq
sadam's regime was once supported and armed by the US before they decided to undo what they created.
The way i see things in that country the US has succeeded in creating either a puppet for Iran or
another Iran. Iraq under sanctions was totally harmless but now theyve created a new future islamic
nationalist state that will continue to haunt them.

Iran
of course for supporting sadam against them.

With China currently rising as the next superpower by 2016 & US busy flushing dollars down the drain in Iraq & Afghanistan it would be great to see a new world order with china at the top. Good ridance to bad rubbish cool. A super power that does not seek trouble where it is not wanted will last very long.

You have said it all

davidylan:

@larger-20
All cock and bull! For one the US have consistently shown disregard to the UN led by Koffi Annan. The UN did not approve of the US led attacks in Iraq yet they went ahead.
The US help no one except when their own interests are affected (they call it foreign policy). Why is the US interested in Nigeria and not Niger or Zimbabwe?
The US have stopped producing weapons of mass destruction? Think again!
Even if they do not produce weapons of mass destruction anymore, how about showing moral leadership by getting rid of them?

Ofcourse , US is not innocent, and am sure if china should come up like jaqwar postulated, they cant just do whatever they want and get away from it but just to be on the safe side for everyone. Lets us hands down on neuclear power becasue its not doing us good.
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by jagwar: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2006
Yes ofcourse we all agree that nukes are bad, but its only common sense for u 2 pursue them when ur worst enemies hav em, Just to keep them away or incase u need to retaliate to an agressor.

As soon as Iran acquires such weapons which i believe that is unstoppable just like India did, the US is sure to back off & keep quiet.
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 4:36pm On Apr 05, 2006
lol haha u r right. I think US and India is becooming husband and wife. Rice just defended their neuclear deal with INDIA
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by recycle: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2006
EVERY COUNTRY SHOULD POSSESS THE POWER OF NEUCLEAR TO USE IN MEETING THE NECESSARY ENERGY PROBLEMS AS WELL AS TO MEET THE DAY TODAY CHALLANGES OF OTHER COUNTRIES.
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2006
recycle:

EVERY COUNTRY SHOULD POSSESS THE POWER OF NEUCLEAR TO USE IN MEETING THE NECESSARY ENERGY PROBLEMS AS WELL AS TO MEET THE DAY TODAY CHALLANGES OF OTHER COUNTRIES.

That is a general statement but when it comes to what leads to what, then hmm the world will awaken,
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by Mariory(m): 11:36pm On Apr 20, 2006
recycle:

EVERY COUNTRY SHOULD POSSESS THE POWER OF NEUCLEAR TO USE IN MEETING THE NECESSARY ENERGY PROBLEMS.

Yes that's fine as long as the processing plants are open to UN inspectors. There are several countries that utilise Nuclear energy peacefully without nuclear weapons. The UN monitoring body has access to the sites in these countries. So what does Iran have to hide? Why can't these inspectors go in to confirm it is for peaceful purposes. As far as i can see it, Iran are looking to posses Nuclear weapons. And the only reason they would be doing that is because they are looking for a fight.

Won't be long now before American and Isreali jets raze the Iranian facilities to the ground. Then we can all move on.

recycle:

AS WELL AS TO MEET THE DAY TODAY CHALLANGES OF OTHER COUNTRIES.

NO! Especially a country like Iran that is currently preching for the destruction of another country and it's people.
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 12:25am On Apr 21, 2006
Mariory:

Yes that's fine as long as the processing plants are open to UN inspectors. There are several countries that utilise Nuclear energy peacefully without nuclear weapons. The UN monitoring body has access to the sites in these countries. So what does Iran have to hide? Why can't these inspectors go in to confirm it is for peaceful purposes. As far as i can see it, Iran are looking to posses Nuclear weapons. And the only reason they would be doing that is because they are looking for a fight.

Won't be long now before American and Isreali jets raze the Iranian facilities to the ground. Then we can all move on.

NO! Especially a country like Iran that is currently preching for the destruction of another country and it's people.

I dont think iran is hiding anything. Iran did not resist the united nations negociation. They wanted iran not to procuce the neuclear power in their country. Its meant to be produced in russia to allow US close watch to avoid developing nuclear bomb. Iran refused to have their things produced in another country which I dont think its a bad idea. After all other countires were making their neaclear technology in their country. I think its just biase for iran to not be allowed to produce. UN monitory however is neccesary for a diplomatic solution to be reached/
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by jagwar: 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2006
Mariory:

Its obvious that with a statement like that, u hav absolutely no idea whats going on in the mid-east. The US or isreal dont dare launch a military strike on Iran while US troops remain tied up in Iraq.

Iran has a lot of influence in the region & can easily make the US & Isreal regret that decision without even launching a missile (a massacre of US troops in Iraq). I'm sure u know what i mean angry I guarantee u that the US dont dare attack Iran at this time not to talk of Isreal. The last thing Isreal will want is to "make the Iranian's happy" by attacking them first, they will be so glad to respond with all their proxies in the region (hezbollah, islamic jihad, ) grin
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by larger20(m): 3:52am On Apr 22, 2006
@jagwar, u r right, not only the influence of the iran in the rejion but other reasons

- Iran "human bombs" about 300 of them has signed up to die in a struggle for iran to defeat the world should anything arise. This mean that these human bombs can be put in a jet and propelled straight to the US sky scrappers.

- Iran is like an icon of the muslim world, other muslims in the world including the US will revolt agains the west which might lead to third world war.

- Iran is tougher to handle due to thier oil supplies, a cranck down on iran will cause inflation in the oild industry which US depends on for running their power

So many reasons why US will not bomb them but this is just a few. For me, i am strongly behind the iranians provided their neuclear activities will not be used to develop neuclear weapon. People should have right to certain things
Re: Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon by Tsuki(f): 1:00am On Oct 05, 2006
alright i live in the USA and im telling u we arent making any mor Dam boms because if we where then taxes would have gone up . also the only real reason we are in this war is to STop Iran and get back at them for crashin 2 god dam planes in to a tower where MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HAVE DIED and one of thoes millions of people being my Father

One thing about america you might find interesting is a large majority of us HATE president Bush

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:hon Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi In Sir Celetine Omehia Out / Does Orji Kalu Know How To Spell? / Oil And Gas Local Content Bill Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.