Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens (7651 Views)

First Litter Of This Beautiful Rottweiler / Another Litter Of GSD Pups Available For Sale(pictures) / Dog Breeders List Your Dog Kennel Or Current Puppy Litter Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by SisiKill1: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
Are we gonna start looking to animals for charity lessons? A few weeks ago, we read the story of a dog protect an arphaned baby. . . human baby. We are still reeling from the awwwwness of that story and bam! Here's another. . . .

Bulldog Adopts Litter of Orphaned Kittens
Molly, a two-year old American Bulldog, is one busy pooch. She gave birth to a litter of puppies only six weeks ago, and now she has a bunch of hungry kittens to look after too.

According to the Dothan Eagle, when mother cat "Kitty Kitty" was hit by a car, Molly allowed her four orphaned kittens to nurse. Both dog and cat were raised by Elbert Bristow, 84, of Columbia, Alabama. They gave birth only a day apart. "I've had dogs all my life. I've trained bird dogs and coon dogs," Bristow told the Eagle, "but this is the first time I've ever had a dog take a litter of kittens."

Bristow says the kittens, which include one orange, one white, one grey and white, and one with Siamese-type markings, follow Molly around just like she was their mom. She spends 5 to 10 minutes with them at a time, and lies down and lets them eat. Bristow keeps the puppies separated on another part of his property.

"It is unusual, very unusual," says Bristow. Still, it's not the first time a dog has adopted a kitten. Dogs have been documented mothering cats, piglets, and even baby tigers.

[img]http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/DBYvTBuVzCCB6mp861ipcg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/partner/470_2410510.0[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by SisiKill1: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sometimes, doesn't it feel like Animals are smarter than humans? They are probably looking at us and going. . . ."And you guys are supposed to be the smarter. . .higher primate? SMDH".

Thank goodness they can't talk. . .can you imagine getting a talk down from your dog?? cheesy cheesy

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCi8VeFbiNQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0 [/flash]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by maclatunji: 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2012
OK, I think you have a political agenda with these your stories. tongue cheesy grin
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by Tgirl4real(f): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sisikill, wetin konsain this wan with family section na undecided
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by maclatunji: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
Tgirl4real: Sisikill, wetin konsain this wan with family section na undecided

Ha! You are a typical Naija Babe/Mom/Girl/Woman (whichever makes you happy). You see, for all of these janded people, their animals sorry pets are a part of the family. They are not just dogs, cats, squirrels, snakes, mice but respected members of the family. Our dear Sisi knows the value of having pets as members of the family, hence she has posted the story here for us to learn from it.

You can see the boy in the picture below with his much embarrassed pet rooster. Now, that's part of one big happy family.

1 Like

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by maclatunji: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
And in case you did not believe me the first time, here is another picture:

The hen is contemplating laying an egg on the girls head: it is thinking to itself- "Wow! This is quite comfy, why not give this a try?"

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
Wow, for a minute there I thought back and said, whoa, arent these two MAJOR enemies?

*Though, I wonder what might happen when the kitten grows older (any ideas?) - Just thinking aloud here. wink
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by sarutobie(m): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
And to think that humans abandon their offsprings to the mercy of mother nature in bushes and trash bins!..a world where animals value life more than humans..very ironic

1 Like

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by sarutobie(m): 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
Even lucky dube(RIP) said in his song 2geda as one"the dogs and the cats have forgiven each other"..humans are killing,maiming and bombing their kind
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by SisiKill1: 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
Tgirl4real: Sisikill, wetin konsain this wan with family section na undecided

Rotflmao!! My bad!! Family section is my default. . .for everything! cheesy cheesy

But it has family, adoption, feeding, mommy and babies in it naa. . .what's more family than that. tongue
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by SisiKill1: 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
maclatunji: OK, I think you have a political agenda with these your stories. tongue cheesy grin
Uncle mi. . . I come in...errr. . .Peace. . .Yes, Yes, that's it. Peace! I come in Peace! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
That dog doesn't look to me a bulldog, nice story tho!

1 Like

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by armyofone(m): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
pets are family too. so the story should belong to 'family' section.
God bless you doggie.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
And dis ultimately made d front page?
Though it has a lot of lessons for us deadly humans, but pls seun do u mind taking dis crap off to its rightful section.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by LeJeun3: 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ranks007: That dog doesn't look to me a bulldog, nice story tho!

Wondered abit bout that too, cos, who knows that ain't no Bulldog.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by sarutobie(m): 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2012
LeJeun3:

Looks more like a labrador retriever..they are good around kids too..
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by Orikinla(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
Nature can be awesome.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by Soundmind(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
Hei! What a big lesson for humanity.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by mattsteve(f): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
really wish nigerians would b as accomodating as dis dog.b it a bulldog or not,it has a more refined personality than most nigerians. :
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
Soundmind: Hei! What a big lesson for humanity.
Indeed human beings ( Nigerians in particular)can learn a lot about tolerance from these animals.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by logica(m): 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2012
LeJeun3:

AMERICAN Bulldog. Not British.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by firestar(f): 7:31am On Jun 27, 2012
That's an American Bulldog. Actually watch one where a Dalmatian fed baby tigers.
A lesson that at some point, some animals are more humane than some humans.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by gbadexy(m): 8:34am On Jun 27, 2012
Most of the higher animals are very intelligent than some people on a basic level, they just aren't programmed for complex thought process like plotting, scheming to cheat due to greed, envy etc.
Animals have intelligence of about 8 year old innocent human without extra need beyond food, shelter and attention. They just can't communicate verbally with us. Every other sense is purely instinct, to hunt, mate and know good and evil people.
So, I think the owner should ensure the dog is properly fed at all times lest the instinct to hunt overwhelms it.

1 Like

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by PresGEJ(m): 11:53am On Jun 27, 2012
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by PetroG1: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
Humans are born with hates. but bible didnt mention it that animals do have that dirty mind and mind of scorn like humans....
For a rot to save a duck wen an eagle took off with the mother, wot do u expect.
A dog is next to human.
I once had a dog d name rat face he was loved and he hated devilish people cos he could smell it. he used to bark at a guy from the gate mere smelling or sensing the guy is coming in.
But humans would look away.

Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by decode55(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
LeJeun3:

firestar: That's an American Bulldog. Actually watch one where a Dalmatian fed baby tigers.
A lesson that at some point, some animals are more humane than some humans.
... So, u guyz want to start arguing on weda its a british bulldog or not?? Seriously?
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by firestar(f): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
decode55: ... So, u guyz want to start arguing on weda its a british bulldog or not?? Seriously?
Whose arguing? It a fact: That's an American Bulldog. The British counterpart is smaller and possess more folds.
Re: Awwww! Bulldog Adopts Litter Of Orphaned Kittens by Jalal(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2012
grin grin ;DNice good doggie

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Scary Deadly Spider Snake / 3 Months Old German Shepherd Puppies - Price 50k, FREE Delivery Nationwide / Pure Bullmastiff Loading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.