Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,209 members, 7,867,514 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Mans’ Tradition Versus Gods’ Truth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mans’ Tradition Versus Gods’ Truth (495 Views)

Mans Goings And Steps Are Off The Lord (proverbs 20 Vs 24) / Christianity Is Not White Mans Religion & Black Man’s Roots Are In Not In Islam / Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mans’ Tradition Versus Gods’ Truth by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2012
The hour is here my dear friends when traditions will crumble from your beautiful foundations and when Gods’ Truth must be proclaimed to the nations without flaw or blemish. Today is the day of Salvation, and it is the day when the Body of Christ must be about preparing for His coming! We cannot do that as long as our churches are filled with apathetic sin and love for only self. Unfortunately, this is the condition of the church today.

Throughout my traveling ministry, I have seen the sick condition of the church, and it breaks my heart to realize that Gods’ people are becoming numb to His Spirit. Are you going to live by mans’ traditions or by Gods’ truth in your life? You do have a choice, and the choice you make will result in your eternal destination.

Jesus is speaking to the scribes and Pharisees. In this passage, He initially gives them a wakeup call, but they invariably press the snooze button. How many times do you do that to God? (Matthew 23: 13, 15, 27)

v.13
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. 15 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

You must understand that the Pharisees of that time were making it near impossible for anyone to find redemption in the law, as they continued to add more rules and regulations to abide by. In another attempt to help them realize their poor condition before God, Christ affirms that Mans’ tradition brings death. 27"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

Clearly, we can see that the church today has not strayed so very far away from our roots found here in Matthew. We can still find leaders who teach false doctrine, adhere to mans’ tradition and use such piety to influence others. However, beloved, there is a remnant that has nothing to do with such fanfares. You can find them thinly scattered around the world. I know, because I have found them about everywhere I have been. They are devoted followers of Christ who adhere to the TRUTH of His Word without compromise and religion. It is refreshing when I cross their paths because they love sincerely, have no ulterior motives, and serve others unconditionally. The Lord is pleased with their service and He delights in their relentless love to win others to Christ.

In these last days, and….these are the last days, let us be found blameless in our devotion to Christ and to others. Let us serve one another in gladness, and win those around us by exuding HIS perfect love in our lives. How do we do that? We must walk in Truth, seek the Truth, live in Truth, proclaim the Truth and love the Truth till death. For HIS TRUTH shall set the captives free, and liberty is available to those who walk away from mens tradition and wisdom and choose to align themselves with Gods’ Truth. Jesus said I am the way, the TRUTH and the life. Simply KNOW Jesus and you will know the TRUTH.

http://www.janemorin.com/5/post/2012/03/mans-traditions-versus-gods-truth.html

(1) (Reply)

Reading The Bible Individually / Computer Games Used as A Tool To Praise Satan / Sure, Go To Church & Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.