Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London (11914 Views)

"A New Sherrif Is In Town" By Femi Adesina- Special Adviser To Buhari On Media / 9ice Appointed Special Adviser To Oyo State Governor / OBJ Is At It Again (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by jidsoon(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo now has a new job. He is now an adviser to New World Oil and Gas plc, an AIM-listed investment company focused on investing in and operating oil and gas assets.

Olusegun Obasanjo

In an interview he granted TheGuardian of London, the paper described Obasanjo as a roving ambassador of the company, facilitating the firm’s entry into Nigeria and other African countries. The company’s initial focus is in Central America, in particular the Peten Basin, where this prospective formation straddles the Belize and Guatemalan borders, and in Eastern Canada.

Obasanjo in the interview said fighting corruption in Nigeria is not a one night affair. He told the reporter interviewing him that instead of of saying Nigerian leaders lack accountability, he should say they are corrupt.

“You are being euphemistic when you say lack of accountability. Call it corruption,” he said.

“There is no part of the world where corruption is absolutely eliminated. But [in other countries] that corruption has not been a way of life. When you are found, you are dealt with. And that’s what we need,” he added.

Obasanjo who was in the UK to promote investment in Nigeria explained further: “Fighting corruption is not a one-night affair.

“The givers of most of the corruption in Africa are from outside Africa. They do in Africa, [things] they would not do in their own countries. In my part of the world, we have a saying that the man who carries a pot of palm oil from the ceiling is not the only thief. He has an accomplice in the man who helps him to bring it down. The giver and the taker are criminals, and they should be treated as such.”

The former president said examples of business success will encourage avaricious minds to look for more legitimate routes to wealth.

“I still believe in the opportunities that Africa affords to make legitimate money,” he said. “Africa is one place I believe that if you are courageous enough, you get the money, you can invest and get 25 percent return on your investment annually. There aren’t many places in the world where you can get that return.”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/06/27/obj-has-a-new-job-in-london/
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by tpia5: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
Share the wealth, folks.

Or maybe not.

Congrats to him anyway.
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
Please lemme get me some nice Irish on the rock and relax on the lazy-boy chair while i relax and smile
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
and the tarty old fart never explained hsi role in the disappearance of $16 billion dollars meant for power projects grin

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: and the tarty old fart never explained hsi role in the disappearance of $16 billion dollars meant for power projects grin

^^ Na person papa and husband oh . . . Lol

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
The company is very smart . . . My oh mine, i wish i could have such access to make him adviser to Fhemmmy motos oh
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Joey82(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
at least he got 8yrs experience as minister of petroleum to qualify him for the job

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
Joey82: at least he got 8yrs experience as minister of petroleum to qualify him for the job

You all refused to see what is behind all these . . . cheesy
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by sylve11: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
cool grin@ phemmy, I tell ya, that company is as smart as baba.
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
sylve11: cool grin@ phemmy, I tell ya, that company is as smart as baba.

Yes oh . . . Imagine him being the special advicer for Fhemmmy Motos, i don hammer be that now, i will be the only one that can sell rides to all govt official in Nigeria . . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by papagiddy(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
could he be referring to femi otedola and mallam farouk also?

1 Like

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by trigar12(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
JOR O. KONGRATS TO GEJ
MODEL: NOKIA 3110
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by stepo707: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Yes oh . . . Imagine him being the special advicer for Fhemmmy Motos, i don hammer be that now, i will be the only one that can sell rides to all govt official in Nigeria . . . . grin

Ah corruption! wink
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by jpphilips(m): 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

You all refused to see what is behind all these . . . cheesy

its called roping in American's interest to soften on Invasion agenda fueled by the BH menace, is it Gonna be another Afren by Rilwanu lukman packaged from london as African heritage?

well, nothing to bother by head with so long as it has American's tag on it, they are welcomed, till M0r0nic Beaf and his Niger delta smoke heads learn how to drill their oil before branding everyone parasites on a resource they know nothing about how it makes it to the market.
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Killcabal(m): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
ILLUMINATE ILLUMINATE ILLUMINATE,,,, Run''''''''My fellow nairalanders now i know the world is definately coming to an end, the so called New World Oil they are mentioning here is NEW WORLD ORDER which is ILLUMINATE....... Beware.

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Dpeacemaker101: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
Baba is my role model and mentor.
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Pergrace: 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

You go fear nah... grin
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by xrazzy(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
i dey laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by slimming: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2012
Plumb job for big Baba.
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by xrazzy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
Kill cabal: ILLUMINATE ILLUMINATE ILLUMINATE,,,, Run''''''''My fellow nairalanders now i know the world is definately coming to an end, the so called New World Oil they are mentioning here is NEW WORLD ORDER which is ILLUMINATE....... Beware.
shut the Bleep.ing up! ilumminati ko florescent nii!

1 Like

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by timmy1999(m): 5:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
Kill cabal: ILLUMINATE ILLUMINATE ILLUMINATE,,,, Run''''''''My fellow nairalanders now i know the world is definately coming to an end, the so called New World Oil they are mentioning here is NEW WORLD ORDER which is ILLUMINATE....... Beware.

Don't you know obj is a freemason..just like many old politicians in the 60s including my late uncles

1 Like

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by oiseworld: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
some oil companies are deff going down. This is the replacement company. Just watch and see. I just hope they build a refinery.
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Killcabal(m): 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
x-razzy:

shut the Bleep.ing up! ilumminati ko florescent nii!

May God forgive you. @@@@ X-razzy.
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by ideylaff: 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
Which company smart. Lol MAKE UNA SIDDON DIA OOOOO

Na today den born una

Na baba get the company now, come dey do like say na staff hin be

U guys don't know OBJ ooooo. U won't find a penny or a dollar on him but we all know Baba OBJ Ebora Owu is stingingly rich

TSHEWWWWWWWW
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by kennytidistar(m): 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
GEJ IS LUCKY HIS FATHER IS MAKING MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by wandeay: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
those that appreciate his brain are the ones searching for him, tuale baba agba, iba yin 1 million, once a soldier is 4eva a soldier

1 Like

Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
Obj
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
is
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
a
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
Pergrace:

You go fear nah... grin

Fear for where . . .

stepo707:

Ah corruption! wink

Leave the thing jare
Re: OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
kleptomaniac

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nassarawa Presidential Election Results - Premium Times / #OndoDecides Olu Agunloye Casts His Vote (photo) / Reno Omokri Advises Fayose Not To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.