Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet (10932 Views)

Poll: Which tablet would rate as a better device

iPad tablet: 0% (0 votes)
Android tablet: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Which tablet would rate as a better device

iPad tablet: 39% (29 votes)
Android tablet: 47% (35 votes)
Playbook tablet: 10% (8 votes)
Amazon Kindle tablet: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet / PIPO Tablets Or Nexus 7 / Google Nexus 7 Vs Amazon Kindle Fire HD (2) (3) (4)

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by phreakabit(m): 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
Sisi_Kill: This their tablet looks like the Kindle Fire (which looks like the BB playbook).

All of them are using the same China Production Company, then they slap "SAMSUNG/KINDLE/BB PLAYBOOK" on it and charge us 200 times the amount they paid the china people. undecided

Its what's under the hood that counts. . . .
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Fhemmmy: 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
phreakabit:

Its what's under the hood that counts. . . .

Lol . . Most have same under the hood . . . Most is done by same company in China, only the marketing is what differs and in doing that Apple has been the king
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by FEMARY(m): 11:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
Android tablet without 3G in Nigeria.....hmmmm
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by od64(m): 11:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fingers crossed though nt looking bad
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Fhemmmy: 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2012
od64: Fingers crossed though nt looking bad

We will see how it goes . . .
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by tellwisdom: 12:23am On Jun 28, 2012
Coefficient:

Check yanshing store na grin
Bad guy!

grin grin SMH..U don follow me come here aby?
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by akwunmi(m): 1:34am On Jun 28, 2012
fagamite: got one already!
wher did u butt ur own 4rm? i wnt buy am toox
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:48am On Jun 28, 2012
just wifi? Long thing..
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:51am On Jun 28, 2012
FEMARY: Android tablet without 3G in Nigeria.....hmmmm

some people will buy it and start wondering why they can't use a SIM card with it. I still have some guys who now find it hard to use their wifi iPads because they thought all iPads use SIM cards. One chance grin
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Cyberconnect12: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2012
This Phone Na Bomb I love google and all their products I will surely go for it.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by LordReed(m): 7:22am On Jun 28, 2012
I don't think this is an ipad killer at 7in. Anything less than 10in can't compete against the ipad. But Android JB is a winner, can't wait to see it on a 10in-er.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by cyrexx: 7:45am On Jun 28, 2012
Cyberconnect12: This Phone Na Bomb I love google and all their products I will surely go for it.

this is not a phone o.
abeg dont go and buy it only to discover that you cant put your SIM card inside.
its a wifi tablet device o.

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 7:51am On Jun 28, 2012
*Holding my iPad 3 and singing* Nothing's gonna change my love for you cheesy

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by arbitrage: 8:38am On Jun 28, 2012
Without 3G, Google has joined Microsoft in failing as far as Nigerian market is concerned. I wrote Microsoft last week on why they too would release two versions of their Surface tablets without a 3G in-built version. I would have bought Google Nexus tablet preferably but without 3G, I may consider their Google Nexus smartphone with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by phreakabit(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . Most have same under the hood . . . Most is done by same company in China, only the marketing is what differs and in doing that Apple has been the king

How do you explain this quote from the first post then :
The tablet is also the [size=18pt]first[/size] 7-incher to house a 1.3GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core CPU, which includes a 12-core GPU.

Honestly I have compared the specs of most of them and I think they are entirely different
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2012
Now I know what the phrase "as ugly as sin" means.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by pomporiking: 10:07am On Jun 28, 2012
Steve jobs dey roll 4 grave
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by arkitekt: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . I think this is more to compete with Amazon Kindle fire and not Ipad.
this is nothing compares to ipad2
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2012
How much will this go in Nigeria market?
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by maclatunji: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . I think this is more to compete with Amazon Kindle fire and not Ipad.

It is meant to compete with iPad, once you have one, you will not need the other.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2012
maclatunji:

It is meant to compete with iPad, once you have one, you will not need the other.

Being a 7in-er puts it out of the ipad league.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Fhemmmy: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
maclatunji:

They missed the mark by making it a 7 inch . . . 10.1 inch might have contested with ipad.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Coefficient(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
tellwisdom:

grin grin SMH..U don follow me come here aby?

Your own no dey pass yanshing na
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by SisiKill1: 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
Personally I like the 7inch. it's easier to carry around. . .just slip it into your purse and off you go. If I wanted to go about carrying a gban gban something (*cough*ipad*cough*" I would just log my PC around. tongue
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by maclatunji: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Personally I like the 7inch. it's easier to carry around. . .just slip it into your purse and off you go. If I wanted to go about carrying a gban gban something (*cough*ipad*cough*" I would just log my PC around. tongue

Google is hoping that there will be more people like you all over the world. I shudder to think of the consequences, the sarcasm would be sarcastic.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Fhemmmy: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
maclatunji:

Google is hoping that there will be more people like you all over the world. I shudder to think of the consequences, the sarcasm would be sarcastic.

True that . . .
I do agree the easy to carry around, but some applications and even some people playing games would prefer a bigger screen.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by LordReed(m): 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
A 7in-er might be easier to carry around but as the tablet is to become the successor to the laptop 7in is not enough.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
Lord_Reed: A 7in-er might be easier to carry around but as the tablet is to become the successor to the laptop 7in is not enough.

That is exactly my point . . .
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by lawizle(m): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2012
Fruittyswaqboii: *Holding my iPad 3 and singing* Nothing's gonna change my love for you cheesy

Ur head.lol grin
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by suyamasta(m): 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2012
haba!!! it has nice specs but there is no room for 3g or ethernet! Dem phuk up without 3g or ethernet! If they come out with any that supports 3g or ethernet! 200 dollars go definitely minus from my pocket
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Kk4(m): 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
The future is here. Gadgets just full up and down...smh #teamipad

Unlock All Your Modem Including Mifi Hot Spot / Shopping Websites That Ship / Tokumbo Laptop Now Selling In Kaduna | Abuja