Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,570 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? (6898 Views)

How Do You Manage The Home In Time Of Scarcity? / Hey Guys Please I Need A Information On Old Peoples Home: ? / Why Do Old People Cough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by slimyem: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2012
I really need this information right now.
Apart from Catholic homes where the poor live,i dont know of any other thing close.
I have a great-grandmother who is over a hundred years old staying with my family.
She cant walk,pees and poos on herself though she uses adult diapers most of the time.
She only eats and sleep and never know what time of the day it is.
Caring for her has been extremely hellish!
We've employed people to clean her and take care of her but they usually end up running off!
Sometimes,we have to lock her up at home when everyone has a place to be.
If we had the option of a home where we can pay for her care,it'd be great relief for everyone including herself!
Any info will on that will be appreciated!
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2012
lol. . .
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by slimyem: 11:43am On Jun 28, 2012
Acidosis: lol. . .
what for?

3 Likes

Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 11:46am On Jun 28, 2012
I used to know about private care givers,don't have their contacts handy.I'm guessing the people you guys employed that ran away were unprofessional and underpaid youth that need care themselves.Btw,if your family see/treat your old woman as a liability,the care giver would also see and treat her same(not judging,just saying)
Ok,the home is "Collington care" @ wemabod estate,adeniyi jones.

2 Likes

Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by slimyem: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2012
^youth? No!...it has always been middle aged women.
Underpaid?No!
Unprofessional?maybe!
...thanks though..
Will check that out!

1 Like

Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by tpia5: 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ask others how they coped with their own, since she's surely not the only person in nigeria who is that old.

2 Likes

Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
There are alot in the UK. Ask google.
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by slimyem: 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
bennyraz: There are alot in the UK. Ask google.
so make i carry grand mama go uk because i dey find old people home abi?
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2012
slimyem: so make i carry grand mama go uk because i dey find old people home abi?
yes of course. Afterall kudi no be wahala? Abeg make una give granny d best jare cheesy without her seeds, u won't be here grin
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by ayobase(m): 6:45am On Jun 30, 2012
slimyem: I really need this information right now.
Apart from Catholic homes where the poor live,i dont know of any other thing close.
I have a great-grandmother who is over a hundred years old staying with my family.
She cant walk,pees and poos on herself though she uses adult diapers most of the time.
We've employed people to clean her and take care of her but they usually end up running off!
If we had the option of a home where we can pay for her care,it'd be great relief for everyone including herself!

Confirmed the one being referred to?
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by christyJoseph: 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
Information on old peoples home in 9ja

I have people who are well trained for taking care of the elderly.We have intention of setting up old people's home but no finance.Now we do home to home service.We are available to take care of your elderly in your home.
Please,we need good Nigerians who will help to finance our unborn project"Old peoples home".You can invest on it and we will run it for you!Thanks in advance

contact
Christy Joseph
08135251821 or 08024247950
email_christychinelo@yahoo.com
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by Afrocatalyst: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
For geriatric services in lagos(taking care of the old),call 08073722911. She's really good at it.
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
10 Sex Moves She Craves More than 1,000 women took our poll and confessed the top things they wish guys would do in bed. Behold, the 10 most popular, ranked in order. To make sure you satisfy her desires, we included tips on exactly how to pull off every last move...right down to number one.

BY OYENIYI ABIODUN SAMSON

10. Give her breasts more attention
Lots of guys pamper a woman's breasts during pre-intimacy but forget about them during the main event, which is a shame because the extra stimulation can lead to a bigger orgasm for her. Plus, it's important to pay attention to more than just her nipples, since her entire breast is packed with nerves, especially the underside. When she's on top, use your fingertips to draw wide, slow circles, starting around the perimeter of one breast and spiraling in until you're just about at her nipple. Then use your hand to cup and lift the underside of her breast, and lick around her nipple before covering it entirely with your mouth and sucking gently.

To continue reading pls click the below link..........................
http://muzikhitz9ja..com/2013/10/sex-tips-for-partners.html
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by Agbh: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
ayobase:
Dear have you found any home yet for grandma,are you in areafrom warri?
Confirmed the one being referred to?
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by valour13: 2:24pm On May 20, 2015
Contact this people for home care services.
They provided me nurses that took care of my grand mother at home for up to a year before she died.they are good sha.

Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by CoCoLav(f): 3:08pm On May 20, 2015
Tried looking for a government owned one once to volunteer but didn't find any. Good luck in your search.
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by junebaby: 11:44am On Jan 16, 2016
http://www.rockgardenhomes.com. this is a new and beautiful home for the elderly in nigeria. Check it out
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by FavourOnyenebe: 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2018
http://ourhomecityofjoy.com/blog/old-peoples-home-reasons-why-we-should-care/

[center]Our Home City Of Joy The Best Old Peoples Home in Nigeria[/center]
http://ourhomecityofjoy.com

If you have an elderly parent, chances are you have spent more than one sleepless night worrying about their future.

When faced with the daunting task of elder-caregiving, many don’t know where to begin sorting through all the options available.

begin sorting through all the options available.

But in fact, the answer may as simple as letting Mom & Dad stay put.

helping them age comfortably, and gracefully, at home.

Home care is not always the best solution for every eldercare situation.

particularly if the home environment, is unsafe or if your parent requires a very intensive medical needs.

However, for millions of American families home care is a sure bet. Beyond the cost savings, home care offers your parents the ability to remain in their own home .

By surrounding them in a safe environment you can prolong their health.

and do wonders for the well being of your entire family.

Whether or not you decide to hire a professional care, home care – Old Peoples Home provides a variety of benefits for both the recipient and the family. Allowing your parent to remain at home is a seemingly minor decision that can mean so much.

Eventually, your parents become older. They become sick, weak and frail. With their conditions come the need for more attention, more love, more understanding, and more importantly, quality elderly care – Old Peoples Home.

While you as a child or relative can care for your elders, often, the challenge can be huge as you juggle caregiving with your own family, life, and career. Caregiving for the elderly can be a demanding task, and you can find yourself torn between your own needs and those of the elderly you’re caring for.

If you sometimes find it hard to care for your elderly loved ones because you have your own family and job to occupy you, you can seek the help of quality adult day care and assisted living facilities such as Big Hearts. Here’s why you should make sure they are provided with the best elderly care:

They are your parents. They raised you, and made sacrifices for you and the family all these years to make sure you grown up to be the person that you are. You need to provide them the best care because they deserve it. They cared for you and now they’re the ones who need you.
They love you. As you grown, your elderly parents were there every stop of the way. Through your fumbles and triumphs, they have loved you unconditionally. You owe it to them and to yourself that they are in good hands and that you show your love in return by caring for them or providing them the same care they have shown you(Old Peoples Home).
They made sacrifices for you. From the moment your mother carried you in her womb, until you grew up to be who or what you are today, your parents have definitely made sacrifices to make sure you are in good hands. Do the same for them by providing them quality elderly care at home or in adult daycare facilities such as Old Peoples Home.
Show you appreciate them. Caring for them and attending to their needs is one of the many ways you can show that you love and appreciate them.
Heritage. Your elders are part of your family and they can impart traditions and ideals that have been integral to your family’s history and your own personal identity.
Learn from them. They have been through things you can’t imagine. Throughout the years, they have weathered the many storms of life, and from here you can find precious life lessons. Therefore, take the time to heed what they say and learn from their lives. (Old Peoples Home)
They need a sense of belongingness. Providing them good elderly care by yourself or with the help of professionals stops them from feeling isolated and depressed. You help continue to provide them a sense of community, a social life, that empowers and energizes them.
Gain insight into their values. They lived through a time where the value system is different from yours. By spending time to talk to them and get to know their history, you can gain insight into how they lived, how life was in their times, and learn values that you can also apply to your generation.
They need to feel a sense of purpose. Part of properly caring for your elderly loved ones is providing them a sense of purpose so they will always look forward to the days ahead of them instead of being filled with dread or uncertainty. Old Peoples Home
They are nearing the end. Let’s face it, sooner or later, with their age, the future becomes more uncertain. This can take a toll on their physical and mental health. Make them live out the rest of their lives feeling happiness and at peace as well as feeling loved and cared for.
Bonus reason:

11. It’s simply the right thing to do. As a human being, it’s just right that you care for your elders. After all, you are soon going to become one to. By caring for your elders, you show your own humanity and simply do what is right.

If you’re looking for a facility to help you provide excellence elderly care for your loved ones, Contact Us Today! http://ourhomecityofjoy.com/take-our-care-questionnaire/Old Peoples Home
While elderly care can be difficult with its many demands, it is still important to provide them what they deserve for their own health, safety, and well-being. Old Peoples Home
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by FavourOnyenebe: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2018
slimyem:

CHECK OUT [center]Our Home City Of Joy The Best Old Peoples Home in Nigeria[/center]
http://ourhomecityofjoy.com
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by Jummy250: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2021
We are willing to start an old people's home at Abeokuta, ogun state or Osun state.... But the capital to start is what's holding us. We will appreciate if you can contribute to our project. For more enquiry you can contact or Whatsapp 08163671881.
Re: Any Information On Old People's Home In Nigeria? by Bigdre31: 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
slimyem:

In Lagos yes !!
we took an Uncle there on the mainland

(1) (Reply)

His Wife Was Molested In Front Of His Son / She Is Always In Pain During Sex!!! / Federal Registry In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.