Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet (2291 Views)

Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. / Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' / Tom Saintfiet, A Belgian Is Super Eagles Tech Director For $20k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by Werehkpe: 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
The Nigeria Football Federation have maintained they have not signed a contract with Belgian coach Tom Saintfiet as the country’s technical director.

The appointment of Saintfiet has generated a lot of reactions after the country’s minister of sports Bolaji Abdullahi asked the NFF to jettison the idea of employing the Belgian coach.

NFF media committee chairman Emeka Inyama told Soccerroomtoday.com, “We don’t have any contractual agreement with Saintfiet.

“We only announced that we have resolved to give him the job. No papers were signed, no contract was entered into and as such we have no reason to say we are sacking him.”

On March 28, 2012, Inyama addressed a world press conference announcing that the 38-year-old Belgian has been handed a four-year contract with a $20,000 monthly salary.

However, the NFF have failed in their effort to secure a work permit for the former Ethiopia and Namibia coach. It is now believed the job will be given to a local man.

http://www.soccerroomtoday.com/nigerian-premiership/nigerian-fa-denies-contract-with-sainfiet/
Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by ayobase(m): 11:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
$20,000 monthly for 4 years, and no contractual agreement.
What a paradox!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 29, 2012
how can the clueless NFF think of employing a former Ethiopia and namibia coach

Thats going down,not up. I actually know this saintfiet guy when i was in namibia and he is clueless about football...
Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by oliseh3: 12:57am On Jun 29, 2012
MrPrsdent: how can the clueless NFF think of employing a former Ethiopia and namibia coach

Thats going down,not up. I actually know this saintfiet guy when i was in namibia and he is clueless about football...

U shuld hav said retardeen. Was dere a tym u were in namibia lol..to do wat?
Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by ZUBY77(m): 6:40am On Jun 29, 2012
ayobase: $20,000 monthly for 4 years, and no contractual agreement.
What a paradox!

GEJ will set up a 9-man committee to investigate a one man verbal contract later. This hell is called Nigeria. How could some bigots be scared of going to any other hell?
Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by emsquare(m): 7:52am On Jun 29, 2012
ayobase: $20,000 monthly for 4 years, and no contractual agreement.
What a paradox!

Imagine!
Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by cashmentor(m): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2012
I think the NFF might just end up paying off this man for doing Nothing!
Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by Ibime(m): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2012
The man has obviously agreed to remit 75% of the money back to the NFA.

This is the clean way NFA chop money these days. They started this scam with Berti Vogts, then Lagerbach.
Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by drnoel: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2012
MrPrsdent: how can the clueless NFF think of employing a former Ethiopia and namibia coach

lol, maybe he was the only one that accepted their offer.
Re: Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 08, 2012
@oliseh:

U shuld hav said retardeen. [b]Was dere a tym u were in namibia [/b]lol..to do wat?

YES...many times actually

(1) (Reply)

Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. / Sure Football Betting Tips For Today 99% ACCURACY / WWE Raw Results: Winners, Grades, Reaction And Highlights From July 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.