Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) (12400 Views)

A Thread For Twins [share Your Pics] / Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? / Suggest Names For Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by dotcomnamename: 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2012
I've been hearing this as far back as when i was in primary school to date, people keep saying one must cook beans for twins in oder to get blessings. The yorubas knows this as ''Ewa Ibeji. Pls what does that mean, and has to do with it? Is it true it brings blessings. I believe having twins or even one child will definately bring blessings without cooking beans ''ewa'' for the twins.
What do u think nairalanders about this? grin

Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by tpia5: 4:46pm On Jun 28, 2012
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by dotcomnamename: 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2012
tpia, do u want some? grin grin grin..
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by tpia5: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
its not food section, so i edited my post. grin
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by dotcomnamename: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
Better, because i would have ask u to switch on your bluetooth so i can wire some ''ewa'' to u grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by tpia5: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2012
^add a little more yam to that beans and i might have to stalk you. . . . cheesy
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by armyofone(m): 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
reading ewa stuff and here am i cooking ewa for friday lunch grin

that bean there reminds me of my mom's beans and naturally sweet riped plantain cheesy

OP, haven't heard of that before, interesting.
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by ifyalways(f): 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2012
Remove the yam, add some prawns and tinko, send home with some nice ijebu garri. Na so so twins you go dey born.
@OP,ewa ibeji is news to me.btw, who eats the ewa?iya ibeji, the twins or other kids in the neighborhood?
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by SisiKill1: 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2012
What is this? angry angry

Some of us are at work and it is so unfair to tease us with beans like so.

I swear I love beans and can eat it all day everyday. If eating Beans was the gateway to having twins. . . Then clear me mansion coz I'll be having 10 dozens!!! cheesy
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by queensmith: 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
twins are a blessing. . . . . .please God I dont want twins ooo i'm just saying they are a blessing!

if i remember correctly there are different types of twins, ibeji onijo- where the mother dances around the market and collects money with the twins on her back.
ibeji oni rice- for their first birthday you make rice. . . .maybe jollof rice i don't remember sef

and the one you mentioned- for the twins first birthday you prepare beans and distribute it to everyone.

I think they consult with ifa or something to find out.

Twins in their own right are blessings, what greater love can one have than with a twin, it's lovely. I love them. I think they should focus on the twins than all these fetishes jare, it's a waste of resources. especially the dancing around the market

1 Like

Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by armyofone(m): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
Sisi kill, i made Kwaruru Beans grin took long but glad i did. not as sweet as the one we use in the North, but taste okay.

Ify, tinko for beans? grin prawn or crayfish/smoked makerel ok but tinko haha.
now i am hungry of tinko and mangala okro soup.
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by dotcomnamename: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2012
@ Queensmith, i dont get u right. What does cooking beans for the twins and distribute it has to do with? Its all about what? What about if i have twins and i intentionaly dont want to cook any beans, some people said bad thing will happen to the parents. Is this true?
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by queensmith: 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: @ Queensmith, i dont get u right. What does cooking beans for the twins and distribute it has to do with? Its all about what? What about if i have twins and i intentionaly dont want to cook any beans, some people said bad thing will happen to the parents. Is this true?

I think it's just their religion, they believe if they don't do it the twins will die.

No I don't think it means anything will happen to the parents, they do it to keep the children alive. Who can blame them with infant mortality rates in that country. They resort to all sorts to keep their children safe. Sensible and otherwise.

Of course it's not true, the tradition has been abandoned for a very long time now. Very few practice it. But everyone is entitled to their beliefs lol.
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by Johndoe100(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill: What is this? angry angry

Some of us are at work and it is so unfair to tease us with beans like so.

I swear I love beans and can eat it all day everyday. If eating Beans was the gateway to having twins. . . Then clear me mansion coz I'll be having 10 dozens!!! cheesy

Interesting
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ugliest babies I've ever seen.

I prefer my state's yam cheesy I'm praying for twins tongue tongue
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by isalegan2: 3:24am On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

the baby on the left is wearing tiny earrings, but the other one isn't. girl and boy? that could be you and fstranger during your terrible 2s nau. what's so ugly about those babies? grin

me too i'm praying for twins. i wonder who's more likely to get hers first. the one calling poor sweet babies 'ugly' or . . . tongue
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 29, 2012
isale_gan2:

the baby on the left is wearing tiny earrings, but the other one isn't. girl and boy? that could be you and fstranger during your terrible 2s nau. what's so ugly about those babies? grin

me too i'm praying for twins. i wonder who's more likely to get hers first. the one calling poor sweet babies 'ugly' or . . . tongue

girl stop being sinister.

It's hard enough having that ediot follow me around like a shadow.
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 29, 2012
This armyofone woman sef and food. I have never seen you post a day without mentioning food, tatashe and atarodo grin ki lode grin
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by dotcomnamename: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2012
@ Ileke-Idi, just makesure u cook ''ewa aganyin'' for your twins immediately u born dem o! so that u can recieve blessing to born triplet grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 29, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: @ Ileke-Idi, just makesure u cook ''ewa aganyin'' for your twins immediately u born dem o! so that u can recieve blessing to born triplet grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL Triplet is pushing it. After giving Mr. Ileke-IdI a beautiful set of twins, he'll have to beg me for another baby grin Trying to get it out of the way in one sitting.
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by armyofone(m): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
lol, grin
jennykadry: This armyofone woman sef and food. I have never seen you post a day without mentioning food, tatashe and atarodo grin ki lode grin

ewooo grin wink

ever seen a soldier not liking food? cheesy
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by maclatunji: 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

@bolded, Oh my God! LMFSO! There are some things you don't say, the bolded is one of them. Although, I laughed at it, it was very much inappropriate for you to make that comment.
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by isalegan2: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

girl stop being sinister.

It's hard enough having that ediot follow me around like a shadow.

ok. pardon me. i meant "you and ezeuche." lol. ok i'll stop. but you used to be friends. dig way down to find the love once again. i'm convinced he's harmless sha. sugbon, mo ti gbo. i have stopped. lipsrsealed cool

i am still trying figure out what all i need to do to ensure twins (in the very near future). cheesy Yams is on top of the food list. not sure if beans helps - this thread is confusing and i'm not re-reading it. lol.

P.S. The 'sinister' word sounds too much like spinster. i reject it. embarassed grin
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by dotcomnamename: 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
@ ileke-idi, i dont think one sitting would produce triplet O! probabaly 5 sitting would be ok grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 30, 2012
isale_gan2:

ok. pardon me. i meant "you and ezeuche." lol. ok i'll stop. but you used to be friends. dig way down to find the love once again. i'm convinced he's harmless sha. sugbon, mo ti gbo. i have stopped. lipsrsealed cool

i am still trying figure out what all i need to do to ensure twins (in the very near future). cheesy Yams is on top of the food list. not sure if beans helps - this thread is confusing and i'm not re-reading it. lol.

P.S. The 'sinister' word sounds too much like spinster. i reject it. embarassed grin

Eat yam. lol

Ondo and Ekiti are known for their multiple births. It has to be the yam we chop like no man's business. Infact, i ate yam and fried eggs this morning tongue tongue

dotcom_na_me_na_me: @ ileke-idi, i dont think one sitting would produce triplet O! probabaly 5 sitting would be ok grin grin grin grin grin grin

lmao!! I don't mean that sitting lol.
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by dotcomnamename: 12:25am On Jun 30, 2012
lol grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:03am On Feb 20, 2018
The Yorubas were originally an idolatrous lot. They believe twins are god-incarnates and they need to be appeased to receive blessings. Failure to do these will have adverse effects!

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding / Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.