Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing (3019 Views)

The Nigeria Immigration Deports 6 British Citizens / Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by noble21(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
Indeed, i am still very encouraged with my experience of processing my E-passport at NIS Ikoyi office Lagos.

Thumbs up to NIS for such a new Nigeria. Sincerely, the process was as stated in your website. The NIS staff never compromise their dignity and integrity towards carrying out their duty.

I did the online application, made the actual payment N8750 to the bank, picked a date for my interview after validating my payment, got all the requirement ready on the interview date. Within 2hours i was done with the interview, thumb printing and snapping and Went back to my office.

Indeed, Nigeria will be good. I was never in any way mandated to pay additional money. The process was not frustrating in any way.

Long live NIS Ikoyi, Long live Nigeria. Remain blessed

onyeka ogbue
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by noble21(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
Spread the news pls because ignorance is a disease
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by thebaft: 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
This is good news. It seems that things are getting better at the Immigration Offices ...
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by Pelumiv(m): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
That is a good thing.
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by Pelumiv(m): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2012
noble21: Indeed, i am still very encouraged with my experience of processing my E-passport at NIS Ikoyi office Lagos. Thumbs up to NIS for such a new Nigeria. Sincerely, the process was as stated in your website. The NIS staff never compromise their dignity and integrity towards carrying out their duty. I did the online application, made the actual payment N8750 to the bank, picked a date for my interview after validating my payment, got all the requirement ready on the interview date. Within 2hours i was done with the interview, thumb printing and snapping and Went back to my office. Indeed, Nigeria will be good. I was never in any way mandated to pay additional money. The process was not frustrating in any way. Long live NIS Ikoyi, Long live Nigeria. Remain blessed
onyeka ogbue
How were you able to get the letter of origin and how do you go about the guarantor and the oath things? Please kindly reply cux am about apply for the ID.

1 Like

Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by thebaft: 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
The letter of origin is usually gotten from your Local Government in your state of origin. Any friend/relation of yours can be your guarantor. Your guarantor must already have a current Nigerian passport and should fill the Guarantor's form. The form should then be taken to court and stamped (i.e. commissioner of oaths).

1 Like

Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by Pelumiv(m): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2012
Thanks for your reply. I will keep in touch if I get other questions. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by Pelumiv(m): 11:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
Please peepz, when i checked the guarantor form the question looks confusing to me. can you guys kindly put me thru?
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by thebaft: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
Which questions exactly?
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by sholay4star: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
i can'tbelieve i did mine for 15k here in Agodi, IB. Thoughi had to cut corners cos there are many people waiting to do the stuff and the whole process was so slow.
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by Pelumiv(m): 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2012
I had to drop the notion of doing it myself because the process of getting the letter of identification from the Local government is tiresome.
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by kodunkopokope: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,
I am apply for my ePassport, and in the summary page before payment, I saw request type: None.
Is this safe? What does this mean?
And also, after online payment which documents do I need to proceed my registration.
Lastly, if I pay today, can I fix my interview date for a month time?
Thanks as I await your earnest answers and advice. Regards.
Re: Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing by boykas(m): 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
noble21:
Indeed, i am still very encouraged with my experience of processing my E-passport at NIS Ikoyi office Lagos.

Thumbs up to NIS for such a new Nigeria. Sincerely, the process was as stated in your website. The NIS staff never compromise their dignity and integrity towards carrying out their duty.

I did the online application, made the actual payment N8750 to the bank, picked a date for my interview after validating my payment, got all the requirement ready on the interview date. Within 2hours i was done with the interview, thumb printing and snapping and Went back to my office.

Indeed, Nigeria will be good. I was never in any way mandated to pay additional money. The process was not frustrating in any way.

Long live NIS Ikoyi, Long live Nigeria. Remain blessed

onyeka ogbue

can I renew my passport that same way... I want to renew my passport old whats the process

(1) (Reply)

Direct Access To Georgia Republic Universities / German Student Visa Requirement / Ikorodu To Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.