Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain (5028 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / Samuel Eto'o's Statement On Boko Haram / Taiye Taiwo Charged With Tax Evasion In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by joeybankz: 8:22am On Jun 29, 2012
Samuel Eto'o Fil'es

A Spanish public prosecutor has accused Cameroun’s striker Samuel Eto’o of conspiring to evade 3.5 million euros ($4.4 million) in taxes owed on income from his image rights when he was playing for Barcelona between 2006 and 2009.

The Barca and Inter Milan former player, now with Russian Premier League club, Anzhi Makhachkala, is accused of four tax offences, each punishable with up to five years in prison and a fine of as much as 21 million euros.

The case presented by the prosecutor on June 15 at a Barcelona court, and which was seen by Reuters yesterday, asked a judge to open proceedings against the player before the statute of limitations on one of the alleged offences expires tomorrow.

Spain recently launched a drive against tax evasion as it struggles to meet tough European deficit reduction targets that have meant budget cuts for hospitals and schools. Eto’o allegedly created two companies, one in Hungary and another in Spain, and used them to channel income obtained from ceding his image rights to Barca and sportswear maker, Puma, the prosecutor said.

The Hungarian company paid one of the lowest corporate tax rates in Europe - 10 per cent to 19 per cent - while the Spanish company paid a reduced corporate tax rate of 30 per cent to 35 per cent, instead of the 45 per cent income tax rate, the charge said.

Eto’o also allegedly used the Spanish company to deduct personal expenses, such as payments for his mortgages, furniture and expenses related to his luxury cars, the complaint added. Eto’o and his club could not immediately be reached for comment.

The prosecutor also accused Eto’o’s former agent, Jose Maria Mesalles, and the manager of the Spanish company, Manuel de Jesus Lastre, of the same tax offences. Eto’o filed a lawsuit against Mesalles at a Barcelona court last year, accusing him of betraying his trust and of embezzling money, local media said.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/premiership/news/2012/06/28/68F67A8A-C147-11E1-8628-FA1D8033923B.php?rpc=401
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by waja(m): 9:57am On Jun 29, 2012
Like what they deed to Mike Tyson, they want to reduce his wealth. Racism still on high.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by inspirenet: 10:00am On Jun 29, 2012
waja: Like what they deed to Mike Tyson, they want to reduce his wealth. Racism still on high.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by ZUBY77(m): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2012
OK... Who cares

1 Like

Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by aweaweawe: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2012
i don't knw why they hate black so much.those son of a bitch.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Detongue: 10:08am On Jun 29, 2012
Dis oyibo ppl will never allow a black man to succeed
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by adconline(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2012
Stupid peeps. Must everything be tied to racism?

1 Like

Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by logica(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2012
They actually briefly detained him when Inter Milan arrived to play Barca in the return leg of their Champions League fixture in 2010. Then Mourinho as usual accused Barca of being behind the arrest.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2012
When its a black man, ohh Oyinbo will make sure they drag him down. But when a white man is accused of tax invasion,they won't mind. they will find a possible way to make him a free man. Example Harry redknapp tax invasion later a free man.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Skmoda360(m): 11:18am On Jun 29, 2012
sometimes if i'm reading all this news i feel like hating white people.........
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Sagamite(m): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2012
waja: Like what they deed to Mike Tyson, they want to reduce his wealth. Racism still on high.

You are a person!

How is making sure you pay your taxes racism?

FOOOOL!
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Sagamite(m): 11:23am On Jun 29, 2012
aweaweawe: i don't knw why they hate black so much.those son of a bitch.

Detongue: Dis oyibo ppl will never allow a black man to succeed

uihebom: When its a black man, ohh Oyinbo will make sure they drag him down. But when a white man is accused of tax invasion,they won't mind. they will find a possible way to make him a free man. Example Harry redknapp tax invasion later a free man.

Skmoda-360:

More fucktards!

Cretinous products of our dilapidated education system.

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 29, 2012
Etto should pay his taxes, Spain is not Nigeria that we dont pay tax but expect paradise...
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Chanchit: 11:58am On Jun 29, 2012
Maybe u guys did not read the news very well before commenting, Eto'o is not the only accused person, they also mention other 2guys.... This is jst symptom of inferiority complex, calling every thing RACISM...
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by bisiaet: 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
This people has started again. White man with bad belle against black man is very appauling. The moment any blck man want to make a difference then from just a blue moon a masterminded case will generate from nowhere.

All is about hatred and racism that is all. If they do not use woman they will say tax invader or abuse case by all means something must be cooked up. People who has not live in the West may not understand what i'm saying but for those who has lived and still living among this so called white will understand me well.

God will save Eto'o let him just be strong and be courageous all they want from him is to cripple him financially and to demoralised him. God will help him.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by otumfour(m): 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2012

^^^ this fo0l is prolly more tribalistic than any other.... why do nigerians always find excuses for bad deeds? if this were a white man....y'all wudn't be screaming rasism now wud u

wit a generation like this, ur future really looks HOPELESS
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Sagamite(m): 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
bisiaet: This people has started again. White man with bad belle against black man is very appauling. The moment any blck man want to make a difference then from just a blue moon a masterminded case will generate from nowhere.

All is about hatred and racism that is all. If they do not use woman they will say tax invader or abuse case by all means something must be cooked up. People who has not live in the West may not understand what i'm saying but for those who has lived and still living among this so called white will understand me well.

God will save Eto'o let him just be strong and be courageous all they want from him is to cripple him financially and to demoralised him. God will help him.

You are a person!
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Sagamite(m): 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
otumfour:

^^^ this fo0l is prolly more tribalistic than any other.... why do nigerians always find excuses for bad deeds? if this were a white man....y'all wudn't be screaming rasism now wud u

wit a generation like this, ur future really looks HOPELESS

A bloody generation of bloody cretins!

Nairaland has opened my eyes.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by ebamma(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
so dem wan tell us that the only footballer were evade tax na eto'o or dis is all about him being a popular black player.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by otumfour(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
Sagamite:

its really scary my brother
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by denzel2009: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
uihebom: When its a black man, ohh Oyinbo will make sure they drag him down. But when a white man is accused of tax invasion,they won't mind. they will find a possible way to make him a free man. Example Harry redknapp tax invasion later a free man.

Bloody semi-literate! What is tax invasion? there are records for every tax deductions/payments. You don't need to brandish a race card!
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Sagamite(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
ebamma: so dem wan tell us that the only footballer were evade tax na eto'o or dis is all about him being a popular black player.

Professional person!

Conjecture is the foundation of their arguments and debates.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 29, 2012
A whopping 45 per cent of his income. That's crazy
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by denzel2009: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
ziddy: A whopping 45 per cent of his income. That's crazy

If you earn 114k p.a in UK, you forfeit your statutory personal allowance and pay 50% tax.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by BAMMZ(m): 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
Skmoda-360:
feel free. . . .let your feelings flow!
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by hacklilc: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
Sagamite:

Dude why are you after insulting guys on here ?. You educated them not insulting them. How would they learn if you continue to insult them?
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Sagamite(m): 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2012
hacklilc:

Dude why are you after insulting guys on here ?. You educated them not insulting them. How would they learn if you continue to insult them?

I can bet you their opportunity to learn subtlely is gone.

They need to go back to their villages and beg the strongest witch doctors to cause IBB and Abacha for destroying the value in the education they got.

They are now in the school of Hard Knock Life. I will knock them hard when they talk like moorons that don't use their brain cells.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
hacklilc:

Why not - you cannot do any more harm than they are already doing to themselves. - y'see the worst kind of insult you will ever find in this world is when a complete r.etard presumes to know more than his obviously better-informed peers (for lack of a more appropriate word). It is this kind of growing phenomena we see in Nigeria when bona-fide buffoons somehow get into positions of governance in Nigeria. It is personified idio.ts the likes you see on this thread that establish the very breeding grounds for brainless tadpoles who somehow chance on the Internet and feel in their miniscule capacity as low-life zombies, they can contribute their quota of dead spermatozoa into the progress of Humanity - sadly they do not have the capacity to learn, it is beyond them to learn when they have reached the limits of their reasoning abilities. Insult is the only remedy - you cannot cure them of their stupidiity (sadly)
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Sagamite(m): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Why not - you cannot do any more harm than they are already doing to themselves. - y'see the worst kind of insult you will ever find in this world is when a complete r.etard presumes to know more than his obviously better-informed peers (for lack of a more appropriate word). It is this kind of growing phenomena we see in Nigeria when bona-fide buffoons somehow get into positions of governance in Nigeria. It is personified idio.ts the likes you see on this thread that establish the very breeding grounds for brainless tadpoles who somehow chance on the Internet and feel in their miniscule capacity as low-life zombies, they can contribute their quota of dead spermatozoa into the progress of Humanity - sadly they do not have the capacity to learn, it is beyond them to learn when they have reached the limits of their reasoning abilities. Insult is the only remedy - you cannot cure them of their stupidiity (sadly)

So fcking well-said!

Some people cannot think laterally and see the big picture of Nigerians problems and future problems.

We have millions of graduates who have not meet the basic threshold of analytical reasoning.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Herosenior(m): 7:06am On Jun 30, 2012
Sagamite:

So fcking well-said!

Some people cannot think laterally and see the big picture of Nigerians problems and future problems.

We have millions of graduates who have not meet the basic threshold of analytical reasoning.
r u sure u graduated at all?bcs in principle of approach,coutsy demands manner!nd once u d advicer fails 2 abide wt dat U become a dirctor in d ministry of ignorant,gv ur opunion critises other view wt advice nd not bn rude....Remember ducation Never EnDs.
Re: Samuel Eto'o Accused Of Tax Evasion In Spain by Sagamite(m): 8:07am On Jun 30, 2012
Herosenior: r u sure u graduated at all?bcs in principle of approach,coutsy demands manner!nd once u d advicer fails 2 abide wt dat U become a dirctor in d ministry of ignorant,gv ur opunion critises other view wt advice nd not bn rude....Remember ducation Never EnDs.

You are a person!

Where did you get your rules from? You formulated it from your arse?

A cretin that types in textspeak is questioning my education.

Bloody product of a failed education system.

Cretin!

(1) (Reply)

Governor’s Cup Becomes Lagos Open / Lionel Messi Achievements In Football From 2006 Till Date! / Football Players Wear Headphones Before Matches, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.