Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Ram After Upgrade - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ram After Upgrade (736 Views)

See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade / How To Upgrade Install OS X Yosemite On Your Mac / Pls Help! How Do I Upgrade My Android 2.1 To 4.0 At Least? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ram After Upgrade by anusule(m): 12:02am On Nov 30, 2007
Need help here please,

I have just finished upgrading the memory of a desktop pc to 1GB from 512MB. I bought two 512MB for it and after fixing it I checked the memory installed through properties, it was shown as 957MB, not 1024MB.
The Video RAM is just 32MB. embarassed
where did the remaining go to?
Re: Ram After Upgrade by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 30, 2007
pele.
like hard drives and flash drives, ram is not the exact number specified.

as to video ram - you need to but a video card. there are plenty of nvidia and ati cards in otigba. you should get a decent one 128mb for n10,000 or thereabouts.cheers.
Re: Ram After Upgrade by sawyerrken(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2007
adding to wht oyb said, part of ur RAM is used as shared memory, a very small percentage of it anyway.

"In computing, shared memory is a memory that may be simultaneously accessed by multiple programs with an intent to provide communication among them. Depending on context, programs may run on the same physical processor or on separate ones. Using memory for communication inside a single program, for example among its multiple threads, is generally not referred to as shared memory." - Wikipedia
Re: Ram After Upgrade by anusule(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2007
found it. grin was my fault. the video RAM was actually 64MB not 32MB. my bad

(1) (Reply)

I Need D Latest Yahoo Messanger / HP Intel Core 2 Duo LAPTOP For Sale / Virtual Creditcard Account Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.