Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe (8986 Views)

BUSTED!!! POLICE UNCOVER Anambra Hotel Where Human Meat Is Served (2014) / Police Uncover MASSOB Bomb Factory In Imo / Police Uncover Plot By Terrorists To Attack Abuja Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by drnoel: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
free2ryhme:
Scam: Hon. Farouk Lawal seating before House Committee on Ethics and Privileges over $620 bribe Scam at National Assembly Abuja. Photo by Gbemiga Olamikan.

Musa said this had become necessary to enable Otedola respond to some of the revelations made by Lawan when he appeared before the committee.

Lawan who arrived the House Meeting room 4.59, venue of the hearing, at exactly 1.05pm looked relaxed in his white caftan with a white hat to match. However, shortly after saying the prayers and reading his opening speech, Musa ordered journalists out of the venue of the hearing.

Musa further stated that it was the responsibility of the Committee to unravel what actually transpired during its investigations. He had explained that Lawan had to be interrogated in camera to avoid jeopardizing the Committee’s investigations.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/faroukgate-police-uncover-fresh-10m-bribe/

Among other things, I am worried about the underlined sentence.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by AtheistD(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

He agreed to collecting the money as evidence, which he, as he claimed, turned in to another official.

All these are talks, no evidence. No video, just "I did" "He did" "We did".
shocked

He took the money, removed Zenon from the list. The so called officials he handed it to are denying he gave it to them. Logic would dictate that he was lying. The reports coming out are that some major companies were excluded from his report but are now being exposed as being major players in this fraud. How come he never higlighted them in his so called report? kPMG did an audit a year ago, where the hell is that? What was in it?

Have you read the subsidy probe report by the House of Rep in its entirety? We need to be patient and smart in following this. A lot is about to be unearthed.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by wowo2: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
At least we will remember GEJ for one thing: He was the president when Nigeria collapsed...and he did not give a Damn.

1 Like

Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Piyke: 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
I just knew the $620,000 was a tip of the iceberg, OBJ was right after all. Politicians are milking this country dry. I just pray it doesn't take the military to correct all this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by magaliyu(f): 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
Nigerians boost of being the black giant and one of the most intellectuals,i dare somebody to hack all the documents,files,videos,conversations,transactions and post them public so that all the hide and seek will be over,and we will move forward,atleast by now there suppose to be NAIJALEAK. Nigerians boost of being the black giant and one of the most intellectuals,i dare somebody to hack all the documents,files,videos,conversations,transactions and post them public so that all the hide and seek will be over,and we will move forward,atleast by now there suppose to be NAIJALEAK. Nigerians boost of being the black giant and one of the most intellectuals,i dare somebody to hack all the documents,files,videos,conversations,transactions and post them public so that all the hide and seek will be over,and we will move forward,atleast by now there suppose to be NAIJALEAK.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by olaezebala: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
magaliyu: Nigerians boost of being the black giant and one of the most intellectuals,i dare somebody to hack all the documents,files,videos,conversations,transactions and post them public so that all the hide and seek will be over,and we will move forward,atleast by now there suppose to be NAIJALEAK. Nigerians boost of being the black giant and one of the most intellectuals,i dare somebody to hack all the documents,files,videos,conversations,transactions and post them public so that all the hide and seek will be over,and we will move forward,atleast by now there suppose to be NAIJALEAK. Nigerians boost of being the black giant and one of the most intellectuals,i dare somebody to hack all the documents,files,videos,conversations,transactions and post them public so that all the hide and seek will be over,and we will move forward,atleast by now there suppose to be NAIJALEAK.

I am trying seriously to do that but how will I hack into a system that is not online from my house now?
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Claumy2(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2012
I keep asking; if our suggestion on Nairaland forum do get to the appropriate quarters. If it does, I'm sure the contributions and suggestions here are enough to create a huge positive impact in our country-NIGERIA. Why would these men be walking freely on the road. They are the terrorists. They are the Boko Harams. They should be sentenced to either life imprisonment or to death by hanging. GBAM!
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Ajillo: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2012
Atheist:-D:
If Otedola had not recorded Farouk Lawan, would most people know what went down in the PSF scheme and NNPC in general?

How many companies would have escaped after bribing?
How many innocent companies would have been made to carry the blame for everything?
the real culprits would have escaped (Diezani, Ibikunle, Reginald Stanley).

We need to open our eyes more to things, investigate further, understand what goes on in the industry. There is no rush to get results. We need to get the right results.

In the UK, the hacking scandal took 4 years to come to light. In that time the scope of the hacking and involvement has been exposed for all to see.
Have you seen the video?
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by rhymz(m): 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Plz post the "recording" that you saw here.

PDP is trying everything in its power to bring this man down. . . . while the case EFCC vs Patience was swept under the carpet.
You are a certified slowpoke with Phd in Moronic reasoning; this is what you get when you interest yourself with petty matters like "Yoruba-better-pass-Igbo" $hit slinging games on NL.
I can't believe anyone with a brain to help them think will reduce the argument to PDP is the Devil cat fight that ACN and those fakers in SNG do all the time, can you people at least learn to analyze issues like human beings with bains without distracting yourselves with petty party politics fight of supremecy? Na wa o....
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by boyendowed(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
gregg2: Lawan collects money, not bribe.

That's the new semantic now.If they catch you stealing just say "I wasn't stealing,I was just taking".
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Mavicol: 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2012
Nigeria need serious attention from God. What nation. People have $10m to throw arround where abt 80% of the country's population lives below $1(#160) a day. God please help us...........
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Dude is still fine sha.

Such a cute face I'll die if he's guilty.

And we expect to corruption to end in naija and likewise praise criminals like lawan, tinubu, bankole, gbenga daniel e.t.c?

What an irony!
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Beaf: 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Dude is still fine sha.

Such a cute face I'll die if he's guilty.

Then better kill your self already; your tragic taste for what is attractive is more than enough reason anyway.
Be reminded though, that this is the politics section where id!otic comments about looks hold no water. A thief is a thief.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Beaf: 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
[size=14pt]Remove what is left of the damned fuel subsidy![/size] angry
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Beaf: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
Tintinix:
On the contrary, looking at the then argument of the governement with the hindsight of recent happenings, it gives credences to the fact that the government meant to remove the dubious incentive of this subsidy from the companies profiteering from it without any/appropraite Petroluem product to show for it. I strongly believe this now.. how then can you explain how someone indicted for taking the remunerations for a product not delivered will be willing to pay up to the tune of $10M!!!!!!.. becuase it is chicken change to them, the honey pot is worth more than that!

Nobody knows how the system operates more than govt officials, so GEJ was able to take one look at the ugliness around him and realised that the only way to end it was to chop completely off the subsidy. Those of us with a little insight on NL screamed ourselves hoarse that the petroleum sector mafia was too wealthy and their tentacles too widespread to be defeated in any other way. With this dollar in cap scandal, we stand vindicated.

The only way forward is to totally remove the subsidy and use the money for agriculture, transport and citizen welfare as the govt originally planned. The pro-subsidy war, aside from being economically foolish and backward, is also completely unwinnable.

Money should be going directly into schemes to help our youth and women, not wasted on fat corrupt bastards in the guise of subsidy. Play this pro-subsidy thing any way we like, the ordinary man loses. Here, we are talking about $10million bribes, yet a young graduate only needs a few hundred dollars (a few thousand at most) on average to be set up for life.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
Atheist:-D:

shocked

He took the money, removed Zenon from the list. The so called officials he handed it to are denying he gave it to them. Logic would dictate that he was lying. The reports coming out are that some major companies were excluded from his report but are now being exposed as being major players in this fraud. How come he never higlighted them in his so called report? kPMG did an audit a year ago, where the hell is that? What was in it?

Have you read the subsidy probe report by the House of Rep in its entirety? We need to be patient and smart in following this. A lot is about to be unearthed.

Believe me, I'm making no excuse for the man, if he's guilty then he's guilty.

They claimed that there's a video, but no videos are being brought up. Nobody wants to cooperate with the police investigation. It all seems like "whose words against who", everything buffered up with bias.

The whereabouts of the money is unknown.

With dead ends, no tangible evidence, and he-says-I-say-They-say, do they simply expect us to accused a man who might possibly not be guilty?

Investigations showed that the police probe into the matter was compounded by the refusal of the State Security Service to provide the Special Task Force with the original copy of the video recording of what transpired between Lawan and Otedola.

Our correspondents learnt that the STF was not making progress in the investigation because of[b] its inability to know the whereabouts of the money.[/b]

This came to the fore on Wednesday as[b] Jagaba and members of the committee on fuel subsidy again shunned the police invitation.[/b]

“Otedola told me he could serve as a link to collect money from the Presidency so that the report will be watered down. Having seen him as a friend, I consistently turned down such offers politely but firmly, but when I saw his desperation after the release of the report, I decided to play along and use his case as example of those who tried to compromise us (committee members),” Lawan wrote.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2012
It's all a play of power from my stand point.

the dirty fools are trying to protect themselves.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
Beaf:

Then better kill your self already; your tragic taste for what is attractive is more than enough reason anyway.
Be reminded though, that this is the politics section where id!otic comments about looks hold no water. A thief is a thief.

Na so you wish for my death?
It would make things easier for lazy, lying conniving fools like you, I see.
What happened to ignoring Ileke-IdI? I was so enjoying it. Odeku.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by zitoA: 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
Are you all aware that MTN Nigerian in connivance with NITEL were alleged about a month ago to have duped Nigeria of over 1 Trillion naira via the introduction of fraudulent Interconnection Agreement which allocated specific but excessive value to call termination as a means of perpetrating massive fraud and laundering NITEL’s revenues to MTN, by fraudulently allowing MTN and others to use the telecommunications highway which only NITEL possessed at the inception of deregulation, free of charge. MTN embarked on massive destruction of NITEL’s plants and equipment under the guise of expanding its network, NCC has failed/refused/neglected to exercise its statutory and regulatory control and NCC was so reckless in liquidating NITEL that it created the situation where NITEL has also been compelled to settle invoices of MTN and others running into several billions of Naira which NITEL cannot verify with its own internal data because NCC prevented NITEL from doing so. MTN Nigeria promised to respond in just a week but till now nothing has been heard. Will this also be swept under the carpet?
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by logica(m): 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
“Otedola told me he could serve as a link to collect money from the Presidency so that the report will be watered down. Having seen him as a friend, I consistently turned down such offers politely but firmly, but when I saw his desperation after the release of the report, I decided to play along and use his case as example of those who tried to compromise us (committee members),” Lawan wrote.
ROTF. So you see somebody as a friend, and then decided to play along to expose him as corrupt? I would think a friend would say "Hey I can't do what you ask for. . .and it's better you stop because you can get in trouble". You have to be thinking with your private part (either d!cck or pu$$$y) to believe this shi!t.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Fiveseventy: 5:46am On Jun 30, 2012
Lawan is the scapegoat... The masterminds made sure that only him takes the blame. These people no dey fear God o!
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Beaf: 5:58am On Jun 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Na so you wish for my death?
It would make things easier for lazy, lying conniving fools like you, I see.
What happened to ignoring Ileke-IdI? I was so enjoying it. Odeku.

Abeg, keep calling Farouk a fine boy and saying thats proof he isn't a thief jare.
You say you will kill yourself if Farouk is found guilty? Well, whether you decide to hang yourself, jump off Brooklyn Bridge or guzzle otapiapia on the day will be entirely your show. NL would simply sigh in relief.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 30, 2012
Beaf:

Abeg, keep calling Farouk a fine boy and saying thats proof he isn't a thief jare.
By the way, whether you decide to hang yourself, jump off Brooklyn Bridge or guzzle otapiapia when Farouk is found guilty will be entirely your show. NL would simply sigh in relief.

lmao!!
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by lanrefront1(m): 11:24am On Jun 30, 2012
@Beaf = Dedeike = Billionyare = Reno Omokri + numerous unknown ids,

Stop trying to confuse Nairalanders and Nigerians. All that has come to light recently, the mind-blowing corruption in the subsidy regime, the subsidy-report, the $620k bribe-taking-&-giving, alledged $10m bribe-taking-&-giving: all this does not prove that the [fanthom] subsidy has to be removed completely.

Actually it PROVES THE EXACT OPPOSITE of the position you are trying to dupe Nigerians into accepting. It proves that there is no need for any subsidy. It proves that the original N245 billion naira appropriated for subsidy, which is NOT AT ALL A BURDEN for the Federation Account to shoulder, is more than enough or enough. It proves that Jonathan, just like Lawan is a thief, by spending N3000 billion naira for THIS SAME ITEM which an ADEQUATE N245 billion naira was apprropriated for by the National Assembly WITHOUT RESORTING back to the Assembly to ask for permission. If Jonathan did not ILLEGALY & CRIMINALLY approve the money, the theiving marketeters wouldn't have been able to theif the money. So just who has the GREATER RESPONSIBILTY here, and who is the GREATER THEIF here.

Removal of Subsidy = Removal of the Burden of the Greed & Corruption of PDP/GEJ and his FREINDS from the neck of GEJ's goverment and placing it on the neck of the masses.

Because of the gigantic amounts involved, PDP/GEJ realized milking the coffers of goverment through the subsidy is no longer sustainable otherwise his (GEJ) goverment may indeed collaspse. But instead of putting a stop to it altogether, they decide the best thing to do is to transfer the burden to the neck of the gullible Nigerian people. Afterall, the subsdiy regime is the biggest of source of political patronage for PDP & his freinds. It takes al ot money to rig elections and buy officials of INEC and Judiciary off. Where will all this money come form? GEJ's 2011 Campeign in which money was spent like water is a good example. It's an open secret now that most of this N3000 billion (3 trillion) was spent on GEJ's campeign by PDP.

People wonder why Joanthan is evidently not interested in implementing the subsdiy report. (Before you GEJ Ass-lickers shout the current report has been compromised, then the President should ORDER ANOTHER ONE FOR GOD'S SAKE!! It's that simple) It's because there there is no way the the marketers can be idicted without Joanthan and the Presidency being indicted.

Will someone in charge of Nairaland for God's sake ban this Beaf and his multiple IDs. I think Nairaland's credibilty is at stake here.
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Tonitelli: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2012
lanre_front: @Beaf = Dedeike = Billionyare = Reno Omokri + numerous unknown ids,

Stop trying to confuse Nairalanders and Nigerians. All that has come to light recently, the mind-blowing corruption in the subsidy regime, the subsidy-report, the $620k bribe-taking-&-giving, alledged $10m bribe-taking-&-giving: all this does not prove that the [fanthom] subsidy has to be removed completely.

Actually it PROVES THE EXACT OPPOSITE of the position you are trying to dupe Nigerians into accepting. It proves that there is no need for any subsidy. It proves that the original N245 billion naira appropriated for subsidy is more than enough or enough. It proves that Jonathan, just like Lawan is a thief, by spending N3000 billion naira for THIS SAME ITEM which an ADEQUATE N245 billion naira was apprropriated for by the National Assembly WITHOUT RESORTING back to the Assembly to ask for permission. If Jonathan did not ILLEGALY & CRIMINALLY approve the money, the theiving marketeters wouldn't have been able to theif the money. So just who has the GREATER RESPONSIBILTY here, and who is the GREATER THEIF here.

People wonder why Joanthan is evidently not interested in implementing the subsdiy report. (Before you GEJ Ass-lickers shout the current report has been compromised, then the President should ORDER ANOTHER ONE FOR GOD'S SAKE!! It's that simple) It's because there there is no way the the marketers can be idicted without Joanthan and the Presidency being indicted.

Will someone in charge of Nairaland for God's sake ban this Beaf and his multiple IDs. I think Nairaland's credibilty is at stake here.
WORD!!!u have spoken well !!!
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by Tonitelli: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

He agreed to collecting the money as evidence, which he, as he claimed, turned in to another official.

All these are talks, no evidence. No video, just "I did" "He did" "We did".
Are u aware that the so called person your fine boy said he had handed the money over to has denied emphatically recieving any money from Farouk for any purpose whatsoever??the way u keep playing advocate for this crook cos he has a fine face even in the light of so much damning evidence is suspect o...armed robbers dey get plenty fine boys among dem o!!na wa for u!!!
Re: Faroukgate: Police Uncover Fresh $10m Bribe by AtheistD(m): 3:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Believe me, I'm making no excuse for the man, if he's guilty then he's guilty.

They claimed that there's a video, but no videos are being brought up. Nobody wants to cooperate with the police investigation. It all seems like "whose words against who", everything buffered up with bias.

The whereabouts of the money is unknown.

With dead ends, no tangible evidence, and he-says-I-say-They-say, do they simply expect us to accused a man who might possibly not be guilty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6FNriFP5_M

Above is the audio. The video is soon to follow. grin wink tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) / Power Generation Was 6000MW In 1990... True?? / An Apology For "Muslims Praying For Allah To Destroy Buhari's Government: Video"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.