Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,844 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:30 PM

Help-pls I Need A Good Autoshop I Can Raise The Base Of A Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help-pls I Need A Good Autoshop I Can Raise The Base Of A Honda Accord (1323 Views)

A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? / Effect Of Raising The Base Of A Car / Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help-pls I Need A Good Autoshop I Can Raise The Base Of A Honda Accord by dserious: 11:25am On Jun 29, 2012
Please can anyone recommend a good autoshop where I can raise the under of a Honda Accord 2008 model. The car is in perfect condition and has never given any issue; but the base is too low for Lagos roads. With the flood yesterday, I got into a very bad spot and the base cover went out completely. Im very scared ds may lead to more problems in the future.

I would really appreciate a good recommendation-thanks.
Re: Help-pls I Need A Good Autoshop I Can Raise The Base Of A Honda Accord by mdautotec(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
You can raise the vehicle safely about half an inch (possibly 3/4 of an inch if possible). If raised more than this it will affect the geometry of the suspension and general handling of the vehicle. You will have more positive camber on the front / rear wheels. By this I mean the front of the wheels will tilt inwards looking at the vehicle dead on from front. The problem here is that on long distance usage over time the outer edges of the tires will wear prematurely. You may end up changing tires more often than you should.

Please note the ride height on any vehicle is determined but the suspension coil springs and NOT the shock absorbers!

If you require further assistance please contact me on md_autos@yahoo.com

Regards
Re: Help-pls I Need A Good Autoshop I Can Raise The Base Of A Honda Accord by dserious: 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
Thanks md autotach I hav emailed u

(1) (Reply)

Clearing At Tincan Lagos / Why would a normal person load a bus like this ( pictures ) / 02/04 Corolla Repairs: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.