Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan (7265 Views)

NAIRALANDERS! Read How Power Supply Will Improve By October / Inadequate Power Supply Will End With Myregime – Jonathan / Jonathan: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among 20 Best By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by personal59: 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
Jona jona jona why ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ ₪☺ tell М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ during campaign say na ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ train Ali baba ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ too D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ crack joke a very funny guy ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ re well love ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ at least ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try prove say something D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ur brain well †ђξ only thing I ₪☺ b say ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ ₪☺ fit D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ dere 2020 S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ sorry for your dream y ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ ₪☺ MK A̶̲̥̅♏ 2014 IF NA ONLY LIGHT U DO ITS OKAY.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2012
Mandelaguy: are economic projections limited to your time in office? You just showed how big your IQ is.
Mr IQ, in Nigeria, our leaders don't believe in continuity. Once GEJ time is up, the new president comes with a new idea and vision. I won't insult U, cos its a waste of time
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by supoade: 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
as said in 80s. Hmmmmmm

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by dedeike: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
]@Betathings, you sound so petty. I saw you list my username as one of those who you feel are new entrants for Gej on Nairaland. Facts don't lie. I challenge you to review my profile in Nairaland. The outcome will show the world the reason why comments from you can never be taken seriously. My history in Nairaland is rich and impeccable. I even used Nairaland to mobilize support for Kevin Pam of BigBrother revolution as far back as 2009. Check my profile. The facts speak for itself. I understand your fears. You are very insecure and cannot stand divergent views. All you want is to come here to spread falsehood and blackmail GEJ to the pleasure of your paymasters unchallenged. I hve never taken a position in this forum without supplying cogent facts in support.I join issues with anybody irrespective of age,sex,religion,and date of entry into Nairaland. I challenge you to do same, not to spy on people's Profiles.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Goldenheart(m): 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
i can imagine what nigeria wil ook lyk if we actually start having power 24.7
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by BetaThings: 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
Mandelaguy: I will not try to force my opinions on you the way you guys try,I call you haters because every turn of the way,your words are just insults directed at our president and anyone that dares ask you why. Like I used to ask you guys,can you ever proffer a solution,can you ever argue intelligently? Have you ever used polite words? Why are you selecting these few names? Go through all the other threads you all ran from,you will see people older than you taking sides with my likes. I don't even know these people you are calling,but my happiness is that all the people who told you to shut up gave you their reasons,but I can see that it is a total waste of time. I like NL,simply because you can easily have access to my posts,arguements,postulations,positions,suggestions,ideas,etc. I have gone through your profile and came out with nothing of note[color=#990000][/color] cry now I am weeping because in all your years on nairaland,you have made no impact,one even notices your entrance or exit. Seeing that the wa against GEJ is failing,you are now targeting personalities....let me inform you,am not far away ,am here to defend myself and I bet you that I will rubbish you on this forum,myopic,unpatriotic swallat!
I don't give a damn
You can criticise me from head to toe!

Hahaha. War against Jonathan! Indeed, who leads it? Who are the soldiers?
Bring one word of insult that I have used. Where I call anyone a fool, unintelligent
And I will blanket these pages with the words of abuse you have used?
You are talking about age. What has that got to do with it?

As regards personality, whenever anyone mentions a matter in court, even if not previously pleaded, it is examinable in the cross
GEJ claims that a single person might use multiple identity to criticise him
So it makes sense to see how his supporters are doing it

As regards running from threads, I have to earn a living. I am not paid to post here. So I cannot be on 24hour watch like you

But is it not curious that the names I mentioned always post together. How do you co-ordinate things?

People like you make it difficult for objective minds to give any credit to GEJ for anything. His problem is fundamentally the orientation of PDP.
I have had cause to plead with people not to insult Jonathan. Go back and read it! Obviously you did not study my profile as you claimed. But that will unbelievable to you because you assume that everyone who criticises Jonathan hates him? Why should I? If he succeeds, I would proudly show that off to foreigners. How will his 4 years or 8 years of failure benefit me? Sure, I did not vote for him, but the person I voted for does not know I exist. Why don't you make life easy for GEJ if you truly love him. Let him listen. Nigerians are the easiest people to govern. A little gesture can lead them to believe in him, but he can easily lose them. All those promises of water for all in year 2000, Vision 2010, MDG 2015 are deliberately chosen to raise false hopes and ensure the promisor is no longer around by the target date. Jonathan 2 terms will end in 2019. Take a look at the guys in top 20 in terms of power generation. If we add 4,000mw per annum between now and 2020, we will still be behind where SA is today. When people say Nigerians are among the most educated, it also means that we apply that education to what we are told, no matter who is doing the telling

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by thehomer: 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
Are there actual plans? Is there a blue print with short term and long term targets and assessments that someone can look at in order to make an evaluation of any claimed progress?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by ChiDalu1: 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2012
We hope this becomes a reality cos it is long overdue. With the amount of solid waste produced in Nigeria, federal govt should be looking at funding universities to engage in reserach in bio-fuel generation from biomass/solid wastes cos that is the future of energy generation, it is cleaner, cheaper & more sustainable. They should start with improving municipal waste collections & treatment first. Lagos like most major cities in Naija is filled with TRASH! They dont have to keep lying there, they can be harnessed into something more useful & beneficial for mankind
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by VolvoS60(m): 12:47am On Jun 30, 2012
dedeike: ]@Betathings, you sound so petty. I saw you list my username as one of those who you feel are new entrants for Gej on Nairaland. Facts don't lie. I challenge you to review my profile in Nairaland. The outcome will show the world the reason why comments from you can never be taken seriously. My history in Nairaland is rich and impeccable. I even used Nairaland to mobilize support for Kevin Pam of BigBrother revolution as far back as 2009. Check my profile. The facts speak for itself. I understand your fears. You are very insecure and cannot stand divergent views. All you want is to come here to spread falsehood and blackmail GEJ to the pleasure of your paymasters unchallenged. I hve never taken a position in this forum without supplying cogent facts in support.I join issues with anybody irrespective of age,sex,religion,and date of entry into Nairaland. I challenge you to do same, not to spy on people's Profiles.

"I even used Nairaland to mobilize support for Kevin Pam of BigBrother revolution as far back as 2009." grin grin

^^^Oh... the joys of a life spent in the service of Mother Africa... grin grin
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Fiveseventy: 5:23am On Jun 30, 2012
He should be assuring us of stable electricity first, right? My opinion; he is just toasting us the same way awon bois toast babes.
Homeboy GEJ must be burning some highly classified spleef. Snoop Dog has probably been having sleep overs in Aso Rock.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by lastpage: 7:01am On Jun 30, 2012
dedeike: It's only those who hve blinded themselves to truth that will not notice the present successes recorded by GEJ in power sector in the last one year. Make your inquiries. Gej has completed the construction of both Mambilla and Zungeru power plants, yet canuck says nothing is being done. Gej has also refurbished Alaoji, Utorogu, calabar, Omotosho plants in line with his revival of NIPP . Yet some haters don't see anything. JUST the other day, we saw Brasilian electric giants Electro bus sign MOU to participate in the ongoing privatization of PHCN, yet haters say nothing. Few days ago, we saw a topic in this forum whereby SHELL had gone to establish a gas plant for power stations in IMO state in line with FG's agreement with them for the upward review of tariffs. Yet haters say he's clueless. People are just hating and sounding like broken records.

Dont mind them my dear, upon all the above "achievements" of GEJ, we are still confined to having electricity for FOUR HOURS in FOUR DAYS!
shocked shocked shocked

This GEJ dey try no be small!
grin grin grin

Yeye dey smell, walahi!

Lastpage!

Like the Americans will say: "Show me the Money"!
All the "future tenses" in this world has not translated into 1MW of electricity.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 30, 2012
All the "future tenses" in this world has not translated into 1MW of electricity.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by lastpage: 7:25am On Jun 30, 2012
Why this GEJ keeps deceiving Nigerians, is what l dont know.
Has he no shred of shame at all?
Why make promises you have no intention or ability to fulfill?

Below is a small catalog of his promises.....before he added "2020" to it! shocked shocked

GEJ:

He promised such things as electricity, security, jobs, and education, as well as to transform the economy and combat corruption.
[He promised]:
•A five-year plan to revolutionize agriculture and establish industries in the country (Oturkpo, Benue State February 17);
•A four-year development plan that would open up the South-South geo-political zone (Calabar, Cross River State, March 7); it includes a blueprint for coastal roads and railways;

•A five-year development plan to accelerate development in the country (Asaba, 25 February);

•Roads and other basic infrastructure to be developed in four years (Akure, March 2).
•Road construction to take new five-year structure, ending yearly budgetary allocations (Ibadan, February 9);

•Five-year strategic plan for road projects (Bida, February 22).

•A holistic review of the nation’s our education policy (Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, March 12)

.In Aba on February 12, he promised to stamp out kidnapping; provide facilities that would boost the enterprising spirit of the Igbo; upgrade the Enugu airport to international level; dredge the River Niger; build a dry port in Aba for Igbo businessmen; complete the Second Niger Bridge; rehabilitate all the main roads into Abia; tackle the erosion crisis; and make Aba the Ground Zero of eventual aircraft production in Nigeria.
.In Uyo on March 7, he promised to build coastal roads and rail from Lagos to Calabar.

.In Awka on Feb 26, he said he would construct all the major roads which link Anambra with its neighbors; complete the ongoing aero-dynamic survey of gas in the Anambra River basin, which [leading to] power supply, then Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) industry”; complete the second Niger Bridge; and complete the Onitsha Inland Port. Nigerians would not be talking about generators after his four years in office, he vowed.

.In Bauchi on February 9, he promised to intensify oil and gas exploration in the North-East Zone; boost agriculture, power and water supply; provide dams and power projects; establish two universities in the region; construct schools with modern facilities for 9.5 million Almajiris; and combat rising terrorism in the area.

.In Asaba on February 26, he announced that the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation would create jobs for over 5,000 youths in the region; promised to transform the Nigerian oil and gas industry and make it the destination of choice for investors in Africa; convene a stakeholders meeting across the country where communities will be able to determine their priority programmes.

.In Dutse, on March 17: Jonathan promised to establish airports in all the states without airports, with Jigawa as his starting point.

.In Abakaliki on Feb 25, he promised the South East geo-political zone priority attention, especially in fixing its dilapidated road network and in healthcare delivery; dualize the Enugu-Abakaliki Express Road within one year; convert the Federal Medical Centre in Abakaliki to a teaching hospital.

.In Enugu on February 12, he promised to stamp out kidnapping, ensure facilities that would enhance the enterprising spirit of the Igbo; upgrade the Enugu airport to international level; dredge the River Niger; build a dry port in Aba for easy access to Igbo traders; and complete the Second Niger Bridge

.In Birni Kebbi on March 20, he promised to establish schools for Almajiris, boost agricultural produce, ensure the take-off of the Federal University in Kebbi next year.

.In Lokoja on February 21, he promised to revive the Ajaokuta Steel Complex and the Itakpe Iron Ore Company; explore the agricultural potential of the state to boost food security; establish a new federal university; ensure the speedy completion of the Lokoja-Abuja road project, and dredge the lower and upper River Niger.

.In Ilorin also on Feb 21, Jonathan promised to end discrimination along ethnic and religious lines; tackle poverty; agricultural transformation of Kwara State; rehabilitation of the nation’s railway system; rehabilitation of the Ilorin-Mokwa road. He would also revitalize ailing industries and grant loans to farmers (objectives for which, he said, funds had already been earmarked).

.In Lafia on February 7 at the North Central Zone launching of his campaign, Jonathan promised to end chronic power shortages; improve health and education; ensure food self-sufficiency; manage oil revenues better; create a Sovereign Wealth Fund. He would also clampdown on kidnappers and criminals; pursue law breakers to the ends of the Earth, and ensure there would be no sacred cows. He guaranteed a university in every state; proper care for communities along the water ways; and construction of a refinery.

.In Lagos on February 28, Jonathan promised to partner with Lagos State in the interest of its continuous growth and the nation’s economic buoyancy.
“We have taken this period to study what we are going to do and by your mandate in May 29, we will hit the ground running,” he said.

.In Jos on February 17, he promised “a straight fight” against poverty; to create wealth by improving power and water supply; to build more dams and complete ongoing ones in order to boost irrigation farming in Plateau; to complete the Vom-Manchok-Jos road to boost economic links between Plateau and Kaduna states; to encourage more agricultural research institutes; refocus on solid mineral development.

.In Minna on Feb 15, he promised to establish three power projects in the state at a cost of $2.1bn (about N315bn).

.In Port Harcourt on February 12, at the launching of his South-South Campaign, he promised to commence “transformational changes” in the South-South; said the NNPC had begun investing in the petrochemical industry in the region; that the people in the region would be given a voice in the oil and gas sector. He promised to make the Niger Delta region the hub of the petrochemical industry in Africa.

.In Abeokuta, on March 12, he promised to revive the railway system; revive ailing refineries; build new refineries.

.In Akure on March 2, Jonathan promised that the bitumen deposits in the state would be exploited for economic development and employment generation; to provide funds for small and medium scale enterprises, mechanised farming and agro-based industries; and to partner with relevant agencies to harness the agrarian nature of the State “to open up the flank of semi and mechanized farming in the State to engender a paradigm shift from subsistence farming to reliable modern agricultural practices.”

.In Osogbo on March 2, he promised to complete the Lagos-Jebba rail project right away; complete the Ife-Ijesa dam; enhance agricultural irrigation; provide farmers with adequate information; invest in petrochemicals, mining, research and development.

.In Ibadan on February 9, at the SouthWest launch of the campaign, he promised to: run a transparent government; treat all citizens equally; respect law and order; turn around the nation’s bad road network.

.In Gusau on March 15, he promised to establish a federal university of technology within one year.

Jonathan’s fourth and final confetti carton of promises seemed designed to overwhelm anyone who had not yet folded under the avalanche:

•N50 billion set aside in 2011 Budget to facilitate employments for the youths (Ondo, March 2);

•Build car manufacturing or assembly plants (meeting with leaders of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Abuja, March 21);

•Revive ailing oil refineries and build new ones (Abeokuta, March 12)

•Collaborate with state governments to explore the solid minerals sector (Gusau, March 15);

•Spend N350 billion in building small dams across the North in the next four years to stimulate “massive irrigational farms” (Northern Economic Summit, Kaduna, March 19);

•Expand and develop the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry to provide about one million jobs (one-man presidential “debate,” March 31, Abuja);
•Make Nigeria an exporter of rice (Presidential Summit on Job Creation, Abuja, April 12);

•Crackdown on piracy in the entertainment industry (Presidential Summit on Job Creation, Abuja, April 12)

.In Onitsha on February 27: “I do not make empty promises in my campaign because whatever I promise to do, I had already carried out adequate study to make sure I can accomplish it in the next four years.”

My Request: Can he or any of his die-hard supporters, tick-off those of these PROMISES.....that he has COMPLETED or ACCOMPLISHED! shocked shocked

To me, he comes across as a "classic Ijaw Con-man"! grin grin

He seems not to get tired of "promising"! shocked

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by sabiti: 7:47am On Jun 30, 2012
a president promising his people of goodies,nt in his time bt in d 1 he'ld obviously nt b in. I thought he ws voted 2 bring 'better life' during his tenure. SMH
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by khalydinho(m): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2012
Hez jst blushing jor. Hez nt capable of doing it. Dnt u knw his position as this country president is jst his destiny but nt a presidnt dat has com to work. VISION 2020... Whr did dey c dat? Mayb he wont b there then he dnt knw. Mtchew... There is danger evrywhere now he dnt do anything abt it hez talking abt 2020 had it mean... Let jst kp praying GOD shld give us the right leader.mtchew... Vision 2020 ...lolz. Lwkmd
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Aleliberty(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
Plz let stop fighting here, let us all listen and wait for actions

Boko Haram will be exterminated by the end of June - GEJ (one more day to go)!

Let wait till sunday and see if this will be manifested...

Anybody that is collecting bribe to come here to write rubbish and try to brainwash Nigerian will die in vain.... Shout BIG AMEN if you are saying the truth here
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by thehomer: 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2012
For some reason, these politicians keep pointing to the future but never actually point at their "accomplishments" in the touted sector under their current leadership.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by perfectcrush(m): 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
everyday rubbish..............mtcheeee
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Jimkab(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
Louis88: I loved one particular statement in the whole write up and that is"WE ARE ADDRESSING THE STRUCTURAL WEAKNESSES STANDING BETWEEN US AND REVOLUTIONALIZING THE POWER SECTOR,SOME OF THE PROBLEMS ARE DEEP BUT NOT BEYOND THE GOVT".Now that is a statement made by a realist and an intellectual,this is not some cheap politician that will just trumpet out I will give you light but does not address the basic problems.once the foundation is strong then the building will stand eternally.i still insist that this govt will clear doubt,because I have seen the approach with which they are going about the whole power thing and I can say that to the best of my knowledge they are going about everything the right way,one step at a time,doing first things first.
Give us evidences of the power things they are going about rightly. one atep forward, five steps backward. The worst president so far!
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by londoner: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2012
I really wish GEJ would stop making all these statements/promises.

Just be found working......let people have cause to come here and say they have noticed a change in their electricity supply.

I don't think Nigerians ever came up with the goal to be top 20 in power supply by 2020....it was politicians who plucked that goal out of thin air.

Nigerians just want 24 hrs of uninterrupted electricity....that is all.

Why upset Nigerians with all these outlandish claims/goals?

If the president has to announce anything at all from now on,I think it should be a national update (with pics or video) of what is actually being done/achieved on the ground.

In fact the various ministries that deal with the issue of electricity generation, oil and gas, roads,agriculture, education and healthcare should give updates, either on state or national level bi-monthly or quarterly, so that people can see with their "crow crow" eyes, what is being done, even if they can not feel it yet.

If they see it, then they will go further to expect to feel the benefit of it in the future.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by mikolo80: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
Mandelaguy: Oya see a little of your answer
NO DOUBT HE GAS SIGNED MOUs BUT HOW MANY HOURS OF STEADY UNINTERRUPTED LIGHT HAVE YOU HAD THIS WEEK.NO RUN O.YOU MUST ANSWER.GEN NOT INCLUDED
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by mikolo80: 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
Chanchit:
This is what i call counter attack, u won't even wait for us to make our comment before you make this kind of silly comment.... That won't stop me from typing what the holy ghost just drop into my mind sha...... TFJ( thunder fire jonah) for tyring to decieve us again, cos he's surely not going to be there for more than 2015, in other words, he's simply shifting the power project to the nxt president.... Once again TFJ.....
PESIN WEN NO SURE SAY HIM GO REACH 2015. I SUSPECT IMPEACHMENT FOR INCOMPETENCE
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by mikolo80: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
dedeike: Anybody who expects Gej to turn around the power sector in one year is totally ignorant of the challenge involved. It's easier to sit down and talk without offering any constructive solution to the problem. But my problem with most Nairalanders is that they have a phobia for objective reasoning. For them, we must resort to name calling and pedestrian talk in discussing such a sensitive matter. I took time to mention some of the projects embarked upon by GEJ in less than one yyear in office. No one dared to come up with a refutal of those projects. The closest to reason was one that acknowledged the completion of Mambilla and Zungeru by GEJ's govt but quickly said maliciously that both do not add more than 400 mgw to the national grid. My response to him is that even if it's 2 megawatts, GEJ has added something thru completion of those projects. I have also been waiting to hear that GEJ did not revive the abandoned NIPP projects scattered around the country. A fool in this forum shamelessly subtracted over 500 megawatt from the 4000 mgw achieved in the last one year. But even if we avail him of that figure, it's still a remarkable increase from the 1500 mgw that GEJ's govt met on ground. A lot of reforms are ongoing in the sector and private sector investments have started flowing in with the recent issuance of bulk purchase trading agreements with prospective investors.
DRY SEASON GO SOON REACH THEN WE SEE IF HE TRULY ADDED 1500MW OR RIVER NIGER SEASONAL WATER LEVEL ROSE
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Biggyd2: 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
What I don't understand is why this government must make stupid promises! Is it not possible for them to do their work and allow Nigerians give a score card of their "progress"? Our president said that by 2020 electricity supply in Nigeria will be amongst the best https://www.nairaland.com/977699/nigeria-power-supply-among-best. Now his vice is giving us a counter promise. Please we are beggig this government-QUIT PROMISING AND DO YOUR WORK ALREADY!!!
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by etchel(m): 7:04am On Nov 13, 2012
Bawss1: The problem started in 1914

The problem will be over by 2020.

GEJ, the man who saw tomorrow. . .and yesterday

cheesy cheesy cheesy
smiley
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by etchel(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2012
Pataki: I will build airports across the 36 states in Nigeria - GEJ (while the idi0t cannot even land his helicopter in two of the current airports in Nigeria)!

I will build universities across the 36 states in Nigeria - GEJ

Boko Haram will be exterminated by the end of June - GEJ (one more day to go)!

Now here comes another classic from the stables of President Retardeen Goofluck - Nigeria power supply will be among the best by 2020.

Foolish man!

shunning the -ve content every other words are so true.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by anulaxad(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
dedeike: It's only those who hve blinded themselves to truth that will not notice the present successes recorded by GEJ in power sector in the last one year. Make your inquiries. Gej has completed the construction of both Mambilla and Zungeru power plants, yet canuck says nothing is being done. Gej has also refurbished Alaoji, Utorogu, calabar, Omotosho plants in line with his revival of NIPP . Yet some haters don't see anything. JUST the other day, we saw Brasilian electric giants Electro bus sign MOU to participate in the ongoing privatization of PHCN, yet haters say nothing. Few days ago, we saw a topic in this forum whereby SHELL had gone to establish a gas plant for power stations in IMO state in line with FG's agreement with them for the upward review of tariffs. Yet haters say he's clueless. People are just hating and sounding like broken records.

hey no no ones a hater but not a single person that i have meet except Abuja gets 24 hour supply not even everywhere in Abuja gets 24 hour supply no ones saying it is getting better but i will say it is not it only takes maximum with best state of the art equipment to build a 5'000 megawatt in 7 months and that's more than what Nigeria has right now and there's more to focus on most important infrastructure (electricity is part of it)people are dying in hundreds by road accidents everyday and your hear talking crap.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by KENESAGA(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
uncleb:

Yet darkness persists everywhere!!!
MAY BE IN UR HOUSE. SO ALL D PRAISES IN NL 2 POWER IMPROVEMENT HV, SUDENLY CHANGED, CHOI!!! NLNDAS AR CONFUSED, U SAY DIS 2DAY AND DAT 2MORO. GOD HELP GEJ.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by koforeis: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2013
Mr President, this feat can really be achieved if sincerity and purposeful plans aer followed all the way.As a first step, mr president, put a ban on importation of all categories of generators and its spare parts into the country. God help you,God bless nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by aurenflani: 8:19am On Jun 09, 2013
Louis88: I loved one particular statement in the whole write up and that is"WE ARE ADDRESSING THE STRUCTURAL WEAKNESSES STANDING BETWEEN US AND REVOLUTIONALIZING THE POWER SECTOR,SOME OF THE PROBLEMS ARE DEEP BUT NOT BEYOND THE GOVT".Now that is a statement made by a realist and an intellectual,this is not some cheap politician that will just trumpet out I will give you light but does not address the basic problems.once the foundation is strong then the building will stand eternally.i still insist that this govt will clear doubt,because I have seen the approach with which they are going about the whole power thing and I can say that to the best of my knowledge they are going about everything the right way,one step at a time,doing first things first.

It's still rhetoric o jare. Starting my gen lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by tayejay(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2013
Although it might seem risky and not advisable considering Nigeria as a people, but without Nuclear Power its almost impossible to be amongst d first 20 nations wit best power supply by 2020.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti: PDP Confident Of Victory At The Court Of Appeal / FG Pledges Improved Welfare For Army Officers, Men / List Of Appointees Under President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.