Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? (17155 Views)

Between HP And Apple Laptops, Which Is Best? / Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? / My Hp Laptop Makes Me Sick.are Apple Laptops Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Maleeq(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
4llerbuntu:

NO, it is not true that the laptops you bought were of such a poor quality.

its that you are a very very rough person who habitually misuses his gadgets
you have a very low maintenance ability

ironically you absolutely respect the MAC you bought because you practically worship the price you got it, and cant be arsed to do same for a pc that costs much much less!!!
If you were a girl and right here, I would have kissed you for this statement! So on point!!
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
Please kiss him. Please? Please? Please? Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by pleep(m): 2:06am On Aug 31, 2012
OOG:

Interesting... I got my core i5 macbook pro for N172,000 mid last year. Immediately upgraded to 8gb ram and hybrid 500Gb hdd with another N30,000 which brings it to a total of N202,000 and yet it's still way cheaper than the Envy 17 you mentioned.
Is this thread still about macbooks being so expensive? The HP Envy 17 I got for a client recently cost twice the amount I spent on my macbook pro and yet the guy is stuck with Windows OS whereas I dualboot Windows and Mac OS on my macbook pro! So who do you think got a better bargain?
The plain truth is that I don't believe macs are expensive; you really get what you pay for. I spend virtually 70% of my time on my laptop and I assure you the Mac OS gives you a far better and stable user experience. I still have qualms with Apple in some areas but largely, they've done a great work.
At the end of the day PCs will sell and Macs will sell no matter what our varied opinions may be but let's not try and cheapen and discredit the good work Apple has done in giving us an alternative to PCs. Recently, macbook sales have been on the rise because most people are just plain tired of their PCs.
How on earth did you figure a 17 inch Hp would cost the same as a 17 inch macbook pro. Do u know the 17 inch macbook used to cost over $2700? lol.. and it only had 2 gb of RAM grin
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Olaone1: 11:54am On Aug 31, 2012
pleep: How on earth did you figure a 17 inch Hp would cost the same as a 17 inch macbook pro. Do u know the 17 inch macbook used to cost over $2700? lol.. and it only had 2 gb of RAM grin
His mac pro is probably 2008/second-hand one. It costs times 2 of that for even 2011 one. And more than times 2 some months ago.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Fiveseventy: 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
It’s amazing how people bombard windows pcs like Macs were made by God. 4llerbuntu is definitely on point!

4llerbuntu:
NO, it is not true that the laptops you bought were of such a poor quality.
its that you are a very very rough person who habitually misuses his gadgets
you have a very low maintenance ability ...
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Ozegbe(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
:d)
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by pleep(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
U ARE A MUGU
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Ozegbe(m): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
pleep: U ARE A MUGU
I dont think you are complete upstairs...so i will just leave you....
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by pleep(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
:0)
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 25, 2012
What about the giant alien ware laptops?
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by captalex(m): 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Brainrex: What about the giant alien ware laptops?

Heard you can take that money that one of those things that cost($2800) and use it to build a Gaming Rig(HotRod) that could make Chuck-Norris cry.
Going to Build one for myself soon sha.
Enthusiasts unite!
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by LoveDecay(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2012
Apple just has damn good marketing. All the parts come from asia. So they nt special just a brand name.

when ur apple gets broken or sick can you fix it urself.

Haha, apple products are for dummies.

Like the idiot that was talking about usb ports he might neva use, or the slowpoke that said apple changes ip"s, and has a sliding rom drive.

If you went deep into the computer world the pc rules cos with the pc ur the boss. You can twist , bend, break and glue it back together.

The only cool product apple inc has made is the ipod , if you ask me...amazing battery life.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by fifisparks: 11:12am On Nov 28, 2012
Sale Sale!!! Macbook Pro Retina Display

13-inch: 2.5GHz
with Retina display
2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
128GB flash storage1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Built-in battery (7 hours)2

pls serious buyers only

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by moonraker(m): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2012
fifisparks :
Sale Sale!!! Macbook Pro Retina Display

13-inch: 2.5GHz
with Retina display
2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
128GB flash storage1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Built-in battery (7 hours)2

pls serious buyers only

price??

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by captalex(m): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
Why buy a macbook when i can tri--boot windows+linux+ hackintosh(macintosh) on the same machine.
Save your money, and build a decent firebreather machine.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by lordwill(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Apple laptop are meant for Entertainment

If you are into entertainment industry ,you will cherish apple products more than other products

Which means you will cough any amount to pay for comfortability.

Smooth and Nice

Nope! Apple products are far more advanced than just entertainment appliances. If you want entertainment than you can go buy a HP Pavilion!
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by helleryjoe: 7:09am On Jan 06
Elevate your style game with the anticipation of Stainless & Milanese Apple Watch Straps awaiting your selection. Embrace a blend of sophistication and functionality in this collection, offering a diverse range of bands meticulously designed to redefine your wristwear. Crafted with precision and durability, these straps promise a seamless fit, ensuring comfort throughout the day. Whether seeking a classic stainless steel allure or the refined texture of a Milanese loop, these bands effortlessly complement any ensemble, from casual to formal. Discover exquisite elegance with Leather Apple Watch Bands, combining timeless style and superior craftsmanship. Awaiting your exploration, this collection invites you to enhance your overall look, adding a touch of elegance and individuality to your Apple Watch. Discover the perfect strap to reflect your unique style and embrace the fusion of fashion and practicality with the Stainless & Milanese Apple Watch Straps collection.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI / Photoshop Video tutorials 2018 Learn how to use Photoshop for FREE / Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.