Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans (1064 Views)

Webhostilla.com - Unlimited Webhosting For Only 200 Naira Per Month / Unlimited Webhosting with domain Registration for 1600 naira / Webhostilla.com: Affordable Premium Unlimited Webhosting With cheap domain reg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans by databoy247(m): 7:23am On Jun 30, 2012
I have often wondered if its true to offer unlimited webhosting plans to people, so i found this;

How can a company offer you unlimited hosting? In essence, if you think about the term unlimited hosting and take it to a literal level, you’d realize that it doesn’t really make sense. Let’s see why. The hard drive on the server will not be increasing in size nor will it be allocating more space from some secret compartment in the HDD. Since a hard drive does not expand as data is uploaded or stored, it is literally impossible to offer unlimited hosting services. However, in the case of large web hosting companies that have a wide range of resources, it is not such a big deal. The only limitation is the number of inodes or files on your web hosting account. Most shared web hosting companies allow for hundreds of thousands of inodes on a hosting account. Large hosting companies have the facilities and data center staff to monitor servers and add additional hard drives. Due to this reason, you can purchase unlimited hosting services from large hosting companies that have been around for many years. What it comes down to with unlimited web hosting is the server resources which are limited, like CPU and memory use. If your website is causing problems on a shared server due to high CPU usage then it will negatively effect all the other clients that reside on that server. A reliable web hosting company will ask you to try and optimize your website in order to reduce the level of resource usage. If there is no reduction then the next step is to upgrade your web hosting plan from a shared hosting account to a Virtual Private Server (VPS). A large majority of websites are on shared hosting plans and do not run into issues of overusing resources.

QUESTIONS:
Can Nigerian Webhosting companies truly offer unlimited hosting plans?

Do they really have the resources, facilities or data center staff?

Again, just wondering wink

1 Like

Re: Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans by Lordemma(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2012
Nice post Man!
Any company you see offering Unlimited Web hosting is Overselling!
i.e deceiving clients.
I found http://www.gurushost.com to be the Best web hosting site in Nigeria. Their service is highly professional and cheaply priced!starting from just #320/month.
If you are looking for a reliable host in Nigeria, I will highly recommend www.gurushost.com!
Re: Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans by ilekky(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
Guruhost.com!You are trying and everybody is just trying to sell.

There is unlimited web host and nobody is overselling.Do not criticise.
Re: Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans by soloqy: 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
]

Seems like you are a bit confused. [color=#990000:

Unlimited hosting means they will upgrade their resources as the demand increase with no additional cost to you[/color].
Enjoy!

So how does the highlighted part work in reality? Does anyone offer anybody unlimited acres of land at one fixed amount?

How can one pay for say 20gb of space and 100gb bandwidth at a certain price and still be allowed to keep paying the same amount even when his data usage is 100gb and bandwidth 500gb? Unlimited everything is simply a marketing ploy. When you get shut down for overages, then they will point you to terms of use that were hitherto written in very fine/small print...
The Nigerian ressellers who also back the unlimited everything story, are those who really dont understand anything about hosting and are just repeating the language from their main hosts...

1 Like

Re: Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans by DualCore1: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
[quote author=]
Unlimited hosting means they will upgrade their resources as the demand increase with no additional cost to you.
[/quote]
Does that even sound sensible to you from a consumer's point of view?
You think webhosts are charity organisations?
Where did you come up with this idea?
Are you confusing "unlimited" hosting with cloud hosting? It won't even be a correct notion if this is the case.
Re: Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans by databoy247(m): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
@dual core, can you please highlight the differences between "unlimited hosting", dedicated and cloud hosting.
Re: Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans by Seton(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
Unlimited webhosting? i dont think there is anything like that! That is the reason we have not seen computers of Unlimited RAM, unlimited HDD,etc because this is verifiable but Unlimited Webhosting can not be verified. This i think is the reason why it is being use as a marketing gimmick. If there is Unlimited Webhosting, why then do we need VPS, Dedicated, Colocation, Data center of different levels in that order. Before one jump at any unlimited webhosting, i think its better one look at the terms of service.
Unlimited hosting is prevalent because of lack of knowledge of end users.

1 Like

Re: Truth About Unlimited Webhosting Plans by Lordemma(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2012
soloqy:

So how does the highlighted part work in reality? Does anyone offer anybody unlimited acres of land at one fixed amount?

How can one pay for say 20gb of space and 100gb bandwidth at a certain price and still be allowed to keep paying the same amount even when his data usage is 100gb and bandwidth 500gb? Unlimited everything is simply a marketing ploy. When you get shut down for overages, then they will point you to terms of use that were hitherto written in very fine/small print...
The Nigerian ressellers who also back the unlimited everything story, are those who really dont understand anything about hosting and are just repeating the language from their main hosts...
Seton: Unlimited webhosting? i dont think there is anything like that! That is the reason we have not seen computers of Unlimited RAM, unlimited HDD,etc because this is verifiable but Unlimited Webhosting can not be verified. This i think is the reason why it is being use as a marketing gimmick. If there is Unlimited Webhosting, why then do we need VPS, Dedicated, Colocation, Data center of different levels in that order. Before one jump at any unlimited webhosting, i think its better one look at the terms of service.
Unlimited hosting is prevalent because of lack of knowledge of end users.
Nice One pals! The reason why most of the company offering unlimited web hosting are selling is because most of the end users don't really know what is Unlimited Hosting! This two quote defined it! Companies offering Unlimited hosting are Overselling with the notion that most of thier customers would not be able to use upto the limit and by the time you try to exceed the limit, they kick you off!
Like I always say, www.gurushost.com is the best in Niger! We do not Oversell! you use what you pay

(1) (Reply)

7 Free Ways To Prevent Your Wordpress Website From Being Hacked / How Blog Listing Helps Linda Ikeji / Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.