Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,183 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt (8258 Views)

$20bn Oil Money: Editor Who Gave Clues Flees Nigeria After Assasination Attempt / Strip Oshiomhole Of CON honour, PDP Tells Jonathan / Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by LailaIkeji1: 10:38am On Jun 30, 2012
THE Edo State Police Command said yesterday that it has commenced investigation into the attack on the convoy of Governor Adams Oshiomhole Thursday night and the burning of the Police post by youths alleged to be students of the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Usen.

However, the State Government in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr Louis Odion, alleged thugs loyal to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state opened fire on the Governor’s convoy at about 6pm, shortly after he paid a visit to the Onogie of Usen, His Royal Highness Oluogbe 11,at his palace.

It stated however that “the brave security details attached to the governor, supported by an additional contingent of regular policemen deployed to maintain law and order, rose to the occasion. They were able to shield the governor, key government functionaries and ACN leaders. But several official vehicles including Toyota Land cruisers, Hilux pick up van and Toyota Corrola Saloon car were either badly damaged or riddled with bullet”.

The attack is coming barely two months after the Governor escaped death following the accident involving his convoy at Auchi, where three journalists in his convoy lost their lives.

However, the Police Command in a statement signed by its spokesman in the state, DSP Anthony Airhuoyo, narrated that “the governor went on campaign tour to Usen town in Ovia South West Council of Edo state, the governor while on his way to the campaign venue met the students and promised to address them on his way back.

After the campaign at about 6: 15pm, the governor decided to address them on a later date as it is already getting late.

But the students barricaded the high way at the outskirt of the town and were compelling the governor to visit their institution. When there demands could not be met, it became riotous. Throwing stones and missile at the governors convoy.

“In the process of dispersing the riotous students, two of them were injured and are currently receiving treatment.

No body was killed in the process. The students later regrouped and went to Usen Police out post and vandalized the place. However, investigation has commenced as the area is closely being monitored by the police” it stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/how-oshiomholes-convoy-was-attacked-police/
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Abagworo(m): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2012
@poster. Are you trying to make profit off Linda Ikeji's hard earned success?
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 30, 2012
All these ACN politicians sef, has it gotten to this?
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by okosodo: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
i know he lied, bt i will still vote for him....... oshiomhole kwenu
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Aizebioje(m): 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
SO?He stil gat my vote! smileySO?He stil gat my vote!
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by meksroland: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
Just that PDP has a bad name, but that charles is more foresighted than Oshomole. Edo is loosing Fed govt touch cos Oshomole talks too much
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2012
Politics' a dirty game. However, if I have the chance, I'd rather vote Oshiomole.
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by IdiAmin2(m): 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2012
This is suuuuper Stoooooooory !!!
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by dotman(m): 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
okosodo: i know he lied, bt i will still vote for him....... oshiomhole kwenu
one of Nigeria's issues. Ignorance

1 Like

Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Rastamann: 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
PDP is power to the people but what we need is power for the people. What have PDP done in the many years of their being in power. It is time for a change not only in Edo state but in Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by wandeay: 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
i said it yesterday, all is political propaganda and alomy
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Richardid: 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
Out of two necessary evils u have to choose one. I still prefares ACN i go still vote for oshiomhole
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Remii(m): 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
meksroland: Just that PDP has a bad name, but that charles is more foresighted than Oshomole. Edo is loosing Fed govt touch cos Oshomole talks too much

Federal touch grin grin grin how much of that did they get in 8 wastefull years of Lucky Igbinedion, abi no be PDP in dey?

5 Likes

Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by supereagle(m): 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
ACN ka yin ne so. PDP go.
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by okosodo: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
dotman: one of Nigeria's issues. Ignorance
i am not sure you are in edo state.He has linked all adjoining streets with tarred roads,just complain on tv and oshiomholes caterpillar is in you area
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by onandon: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
meksroland: Just that PDP has a bad name, but that charles is more foresighted than Oshomole. Edo is loosing Fed govt touch cos Oshomole talks too much

Any state "losing" (pdp) "Federal govt touch" should be lucky !

4 Likes

Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by primzi: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
It stated however that “the brave security details attached to the governor, supported by an additional contingent of regular policemen deployed to maintain law and order, rose to the occasion. They were able to shield the governor, key government functionaries and ACN leaders. But several official vehicles including Toyota Land cruisers, Hilux pick up van and Toyota Corrola Saloon car were either badly damaged or riddled with bullets"

3 questions:

a. is there proof that there were cars riddled with bullets?
b. if yes, did the students riddle the vehicles with bullets?
c. Since when did the police force earn so much credibility that nailanders hack Oshiomole on the basis of their words?

2 Likes

Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by ebamma(m): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
even if it was truly an assasination attempt,naija police no for find place hide till after them don assasinate am,before dem go arrive come catch innocents as suspects?
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by gidson12(m): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
Bros osho......all I can say is becarefull, all this your petty petty drama is tanishing your cherished image

1 Like

Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
If Oshiom/Ole lied. He has lost my sympathy. PDP can take his place
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by freshside: 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
any how acn is better than papa deceive pikin PDP even the pdp cadidate is not intelligent c the he was talking today @ their rally in benin
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by kutchs: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
Rastamann: PDP is power to the people but what we need is power for the people. What have PDP done in the many years of their being in power. It is time for a change not only in Edo state but in Nigeria as a whole.
PDP is the reason why you are able to post this rubbish with your phone.
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Ideevic(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
God bls dat naija police officer 4 telling d truth aft investigation.
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
freshside: any how acn is better than papa deceive pikin PDP even the pdp cadidate is not intelligent c the he was talking today @ their rally in benin
HAHAHAHAHAHA PDP = PAPA DECEIVE PIKIN...
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by koruji(m): 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
EXACTLY!!!

onandon:

Any state "losing" (pdp) "Federal govt touch" should be lucky !

1 Like

Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by philips70(m): 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
Billyonaire: If Oshiom/Ole lied. He has lost my sympathy. PDP can take his place

Keep quiet my friend, Oshiomole never had your sympathy any day. nairaland knows where your allegiance is. And PDP will never take his place. Gang of economy rapists..
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
philips70:

Keep quiet my friend, Oshiomole never had your sympathy any day. nairaland knows where your allegiance is. And PDP will never take his place. Gang of economy rapists..
PDP is better for Edo State. How can a Governor lie about assassination attempt when it was students that just needed him to address them as he promised. He lied to them that he is gonna address them and lied again when he called them Assassins. I loved him as an activist, but as a Governor, he is under-performing.
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by curtain: 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
I wish d affected students quick recorvery... Wen i first heard oshos report, i smelt rat becos i wonder if the assailant wore clothes wit PDp written on it... I guess d students were tired of his lies dats y dey declared ALUTA on him... He shud beta go and apologies 2 d school rada dan call every body he ofends PDP. As far as am concerned oshomole is an opurtunist wack politician using cheap propaganda, as he continues 2 wish 4 assasins upon himself.
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by sirp2007: 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
hmmmmm,its getting interesting in edo state.l thought we have pass this level of politrick in 9ja.anyway july 14th is not close by.
ADAMS all d way,PDP should 4get EDO 4 now
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by tribalism(m): 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oshiomhole, i can't stop following you. you are my choice and my alternative. so, where do i go. stay? is that? okay, i stay. infact, never meant to go anywhere. Oshiomhole forever.
Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by lordspiritual(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
Billyonaire: . I loved him as an activist, but as a Governor, he is under-performing.
UNDER-PERFORMING you say...are you in edo state at all..among performing gov's in nigeria osho shld b top 5...and d only pdp govs dat can b mentioned are akpabio and chime...the rest are of no use!

1 Like

Re: Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt by onandon: 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
curtain: I wish d affected students quick recorvery... Wen i first heard oshos report, i smelt rat becos i wonder if the assailant wore clothes wit PDp written on it... I guess d students were tired of his lies dats y dey declared ALUTA on him... He shud beta go and apologies 2 d school rada dan call every body he ofends PDP. As far as am concerned oshomole is an opurtunist wack politician using cheap propaganda, as he continues 2 wish 4 assasins upon himself.
[color=#990000][/color]

"I guess d students were tired of his lies dats y dey declared ALUTA on him"

Listen to to yourself, declared aluta on a state governor protected with all sorts of live ammunition?? Good luck !

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Bomb Factories Found In Kogi Again •2 Suicide Bombers Arrested / Physically Challenged Appeal For Inclusion In Buhari's Cabinet / Igbo Man's Comment On Yorubas That Got Nairaland Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.