Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo (7143 Views)

Who Is The Funniest Among These Actors / The Two Hottest And Most Sought After Nollywood Actors In 2013 / Which Nollywood Actors Are 'real Actors?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by virgo(f): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by mbhs139(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
Certainly they aren't. Poverty or being a pauper is not having anything to do in terms of productive work or engagement. If you have something doing, I don't think you can be classified as being poor. It may just not be enough. However, had it been our society is working as it ought to be, we wouldn't have been talking of poverty as it is here now. What do I mean? What ever little you make from your legal and gainful engagement would have been enough to take care of your basic human needs. Well, that's my opinion ... you are entitled to yours.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Mafun: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
Bt d truth is dt sum actors & actresses r stil poor (suffering).
Alaba guys don finish dm.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Caracta(f): 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
@pic, whatsup wt d white costumes?
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by ebamma(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
if u are not among
the paupers why did u care to reply laface.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by cyril83(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2012
Though most of them are poor but they r sti okay atleast they eat 3 squar meal a day
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by kcreal(f): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2012
Is that head-tie?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by gidson12(m): 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
;Dchai..... People go don call this woman pauper tire......
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Cleanman(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
weetin Yoruba people say is the problem this time.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn.
Yoruba movies is an example of tribalism in Nigeria. I wonder if any right thinking human being watch those nursery school model low iq movies I usually come across on youtube.
hmmm...do i sense a beaf?..yoruba movies is the best in nigeria presently..good picture/audio,cinematography,editing,better ACTING etc.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Yoruba movies is an example of tribalism in Nigeria. I wonder if any right thinking human being watch those nursery school model low iq movies I usually come across on youtube.
*sniff sniff* I smell an hater...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by ireti123: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
Many of them don't make enough that can sustain them from the industry due to piracy & other issues, it's more like part-time job for the artists.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by mbhs139(m): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Your likes makes one sick. In this time and clime of paradigm shift, you are a disgrace to your teachers. What has what you posted make sense to anyone now?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by supereagle(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
Yoruba women are very creative when it comes to tying "GELE". No tribe can compete with them in that area.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by gidson12(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
supereagle: Yoruba women are very creative when it comes to tying "GELE". No tribe can compete with them in that area.
And what has tying 'gele' got to do with the subject of this tread
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Ejine(m): 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
O boy, na frying pan she carry for head?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by supereagle(m): 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
gidson12:
it is part of the subject matter. A sign of better life.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by naptu2: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2012
There are rich and poor people in the industry (just like in any other business), it depends on your business sense and how good you are.

For example, apart from acting, Madam Kofo also makes money from endorsements (Glo) and from her gele business.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Demdem(m): 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2012
Omo, i bow for that gele ooo haba shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
*faints* on seeing that 'GELE'. Men!!! I first taught she was carrying a pot on her head! And what's with the white costume? Well I love the sight of the picture.

@thread, I have nothing to say cos its not my business and I don't poke nose.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by unepraise(f): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
Cleanman: hmmm...do i sense a beaf?..yoruba movies is the best in nigeria presently..good picture/audio,cinematography,editing,better ACTING etc.
honestly yoruba movies are d best
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by maigaskiya1: 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
ireti123: Many of them don't make enough that can sustain them from the industry due to piracy & other issues, it's more like part-time job for the artists.
or simple,go by d way of babasuwe.nt pupers inded
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by maigaskiya1: 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
Cleanman: hmmm...do i sense a beaf?..yoruba movies is the best in nigeria presently..good picture/audio,cinematography,editing,better ACTING etc.
my frnd u yorubas shoud stop ascribng wat ure nt.d best sold nija films in terms of wat u mentiond re thngs fall apart nd living in bondage.go nd ask ur fada.everytn yoruba if na ibo una go begn jealous bt ibo pas una
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by maigaskiya1: 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2012
gidson12:
pls ask d amoeba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by tunnytox(m): 11:31pm On Jun 30, 2012
BTW why are there so many ibo films these days about a king and his kingdom? I know that igbos are egalitarian in nature and never heard in igbo history of any powerful king like those usually portrays on these nollywood videos, can any ibo here explain if igbos usally have such kingdoms?
NB: Just a non twisted explanation is required, tribal bigots may not bother to reply.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by PhysicsQED(m): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2012
[img]http://1.bp..com/-mot7G-OHM5E/T-6xx7ytKNI/AAAAAAAAUk0/25cwiEUo5D4/s1600/Madam-kofo-1.jpg[/img]

Why is her headgear so large? It's piercing the heavens.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by mapet: 2:53am On Jul 01, 2012
*** my comments are based on the little information I gleened from this page***

It's funny that Madam Kofo probably missed the context in which LaFace was talking. If you consider the movie industry, it potential, the kind of money in it and more still coming.....then you will know that our actors are actually poor.

Do you know renowned economists are pointing the way of Nollywood as a 300million dollar industry that will soon spin into billions? These actors are the mercy of the so called marketers and cliques that is running the industry down. Some few years ago, Yemi Solade also condenmed the business model of the Yoruba film industry and called for it to be more professional. His collegues attacked him with their rejoineders.

Why won't our artist be poor when producers and marketers banned some artists on the allegation that they were too expensive. Pps like Ramsey Noah, Omotola, Desmond Elliot etc were suspended for 1 year and these guys had to make ends meet by rush to the studio to produce some hogwash songs......\\

Not only Yoruba actors are poor... many nigerian actors are actually under valued and under paid

.....and Madam Kofo, it is not the stretch of your Gele that says you're not poor
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by naptu2: 3:17am On Jul 01, 2012
The large gele headgear (along with expensive jewellery) is a trademark/signature of "Madam Kofo", a character in the hit 1980s sitcom "Basi & Company" (written by Ken Saro-Wiwa).

Madam was Basi's landlady. She was fond of vulgar/ostentatious display of wealth. Her catch phrase was (she would be hailed "Madam the Madam") "it's a matter of cash!" She was a member of the (all female) "American Dollar Club".

Abiola Atanda (who played the role of Madam Kofo in the sitcom) later set up profitable venture, tying gele for women on their traditional wedding day and other such events.

Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Nobody: 3:30am On Jul 01, 2012
supereagle: Yoruba women are very creative when it comes to tying "GELE". No tribe can compete with them in that area.

Stop that nonsense. What kinda gele is that like wtf?
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by Jluvu: 4:00am On Jul 01, 2012
Abiola Atanda (madam kofo)stared in the popular TV comedy SECOND CHANCE not BASSY AND COMPANY.
Re: Yoruba Actors Are Not Paupers, Look At Me - Madam Kofo by naptu2: 4:11am On Jul 01, 2012
J luv u: Abiola Atanda (madam kofo)stared in the popular TV comedy SECOND CHANCE not BASSY AND COMPANY.

Yeah, forgive me, you are right. It was Aso Douglas in Bassey and Company.

(1) (Reply)

origin of dab dance / Cbn Challenge! See My Input / (photos) Incredible Weight Loss Story Of A Woman Who Weighs 1,028 Pounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.