Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo (7386 Views)

Corper Kills Big Scorpion In Ondo State (Photo) / Family Hides ‘missing’ Corps Member In Lagos – NYSC / Corps Member In Ogun State Missing For 3 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by dani1luv: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
By Dayo Johnson, Akure
CORPS members serving in Akure, the Ondo state capital wept profusely when a reckless driver knocked down and killed one of them.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that the deceased, Olaniyan Tosin Michael with call up number 0D/11c/0301 was going for the weekly Community Development service CDSwhen he met his untimely death.

Eyewitness account said that the driver identified as Olaoluwa Fasemo, a staff of Coop cocoa Industry in Akure was on speed when the deceased was crossing the road at about 9am on Thurday.

The deceased was said to be going to the Akure South Local Government Secretariat to collect some document required for his CDS.

An eyewitness account said that the noise of passers-by drew the attention of everybody to the scene.

A corp member, Kemi Omilana said most of the corps members who were at the council secretariat rushed to the scene and discovered that one of them was lying helplessly on his own blood.

Omilana alledged that the driver after the ugly incident abandoned his vehicle in the middle of the road and ran away.

The deceased was rushed to the state Hospital in Akure but had to be referred to the Federal Medical Centre FMC in Owo for further treatment.

It was however learnt that he died that same night she was rushed to FMC Owo.

Confirming the incident, the NYSC spokesperson in the state, Mrs. Christy Olatoye, described the news of the death of the corps member as a rude shock to the agency.

Olatoye said the NYSC in the state had informed the family of the late Olaniyan.

The deceased was posted to Goodnews Grammer School, .Fadeyi Street, Osinle Akure for her primary assignment.

Police Image Makere Adeniran Aremu confirmed the incident

Aremu said that the driver had been arrested while his vehicle had also been impounded.

He added that the suspect will soon be charged to court

Source
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sad
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by sweetcocoa(f): 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
Its really a pity.

You need to see me when crossing roads,i take my time for real cos most of the drivers are seriously not supposed to be on the roads.

May her soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Crown128(m): 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oops!!! 2 bad, may her gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by DECOtech(m): 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
sweetcocoa: Its really a pity.

You need to see me when crossing roads,i take my time for real cos most of the drivers are seriously not supposed to be on the roads.

May her soul RIP.
Guessing u also look upwards incase of falling airplanes.
Its not abt ur carefullness or carelessness but abt God who shows mercy.

10 Likes

Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by miteolu(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2012
Just little months to go tru NYSC
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by sweetcocoa(f): 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
DECOtech: Guessing u also look upwards incase of falling airplanes.
Its not abt ur carefullness or carelessness but abt God who shows mercy.
Seriously?

So if its about who God shows mercy,i should go about crossing the roads with reckless abandon? Just what are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by ariyebaba(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
God av mercy.........................
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by cyril83(m): 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
So sad....May good lord console her family....may her soul rest in peace
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by abbey37(m): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
sweetcocoa: Seriously?

So if its about who God shows mercy,i should go about crossing the roads with reckless abandon? Just what are you saying?

Decotech is just trying to make you understand that God's protection is supreme,the deceased(may her soul RIP)we were not told crossed the carelessly it was another mans stupidity that caused her death and many have died that way.Of course we all need to be careful @ all times but it might not just be enough God protection is what we need at all times
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Tczar(m): 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
RIP
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by sweetcocoa(f): 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
abbey37:

Decotech is just trying to make you understand that God's protection is supreme,the deceased(may her soul RIP)we were not told crossed the carelessly it was another mans stupidity that caused her death and many have died that way.Of course we all need to be careful @ all times but it might not just be enough God protection is what we need at all times

And where in my posts did i insinuate she crossed the road carelessly?

I was even blaming the driver,you people just like dragging God into everything.na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Faithlovewinner: 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2012
RIP
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Skmoda360(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
R.I.P man undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by AdeniyiA(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
sweetcocoa: Seriously?

u be agnostic?
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by AdeniyiA(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
Skmoda-360:
R.I.P man undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
which man?
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by ebamma(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
failed system and corrupt agencies are killing our youths everyday,were is the road safety marshals and traffic police when u need them,abi na only for abuja road safety dey work?
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
Skmoda-360:

which man? You sabi read so? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Leoejiofor(m): 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
May her soul rest in perfect peace. AMEN
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by plus7(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2012
So pathetic!
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by SweetSex(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
Rest in peace sister. Ur soul will surely find peace in d bossom of d Lord. Today na boko haram, tommorrow go be reckless drivers killing coppers. It is not much better to abolish nysc program?
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by dammysmall1: 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
dani1luv:

Source
God help us in nigeria help us in nigeria
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by ceejay80s(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
Who die, He or she? Some are saying he and some are saying she, the name is unisex
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by sansom1(m): 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
May her soul rest in perfect peace.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2012
JideTheBlogger:

which man? You sabi read so? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Whoever wrote the article got the sex of the victim mixed up with the 'he died the same night she was rushed.....'.

God grant her family the fortitude to bear the loss! All for serving the so-called 'father land'.
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Beync(f): 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
So sad
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
The sleepless nights in skool, the hunger, stress on the nysc orientation camp... Gosh! Too bad, may her soul rip. What wld nw become of her results (certificates)? Vanity truely are the things of the world. cry

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by coolgb(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
@ Mr. Bamma, did you read in the story that it was road safety patrol Vehincle chasing him or it was the police that made him to drive recklessly. Please stop derailing thread. May her soul R.I.P
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by tommykiwi(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2012
Rest in the bosom of the Lord
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by oluagness(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
RIP
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by phraze(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Reckless Driver Kills Corps Member In Ondo by AdeniyiA(m): 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
emmysenior: The sleepless nights in skool, the hunger, stress on the nysc orientation camp... Gosh! Too bad, may her soul rip. What wld nw become of her results (certificates)? cry
huh, life of vanity upon vanity.
let us jst do gud cos her position now is beta dn dt of d livin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC ICT CDS, Trains The Students Of All Public Schools On ICT/Internet Culture / KADUNA STATE Nysc Batch C'14 Lets Meet Here Asap / 2018 Kebbi BATCH A- Corp Member "Let's Meet Here"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.