Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain (10845 Views)

Brigadier Ogundipe A Hero Or Coward / Is Ojukwu A War Hero Or A Coward ! / Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by OmanIman: 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
My father was one of the Hero's of the Biafra War! He told me firsthand stories about top Military officers who were obviously part of that war and the politics that characterized the Nigerian Army in the 70's and 80's. In 1984 when Gen.Buhari was advised to retire top military officers, most of who overthrew him and eventually held this Nation to Ransome till 1998, BUHARI was indecisive and lacked the boldness to act like a C-in-C. The Question is, if Buhari had acted like a leader, will Nigeria be where it is today? Buhari failed yesterday,Nigeria is past him and we can't go back to 1985 to get a leader for Nigeria in 2015. I like his passion but as he demonstrated in the past, a 'passionate man' does not necessarily make a 'good leader'!
P.S
MODERATOR PLS POST THIS ON FRONT PAGE SO PEOPLE CAN CONTRIBUTE AND EXPRESS THEMSELVES.THANK U

10 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by amdy08: 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oman,ds is educative.bt if this is really 2ru,Buhari shd be held responsible 4 d woes our great country has sufferd from d hands of Abacha,Babangida and thier likes.
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by Walecole74: 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2012
I never liked Obasanjo as a leader but he did what Buhari could not achieve in 1999. Sacking of the generals in which Buhari was indicisive would have saved Nigeria in the hands of unknown soldiers who ruined our political system from 1984-1998

1 Like

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by HammedSodiqq: 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
True talk Oman.History recounted by an eye witness is a perfect reflection of the case under review. We are all Nigerians and can attest to the purposelessness of Gen.. Buhari's administration when he was d head of state. Today we remember with bitterness his non adherence to the advise recommending the retirement of senior military officers who later rose to power, plunging the nation into its present predicament. Again, his temper, highhandedness, inconsistency, threat of bloodshed, support for violence, unquestionable fame in criticism, must-rule syndrome, and his ideological drought are enough to restrict him to his solitary confinement. Nigerians need leaders not rulers. Buhari should stick to his initial plans of staying out of politics, alliance or no alliance, he is finished politically.

7 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by MurphyT1: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
My father was one of the Hero's of the Biafra War! He told me firsthand stories about top Military officers who were obviously part of that war and the politics that characterized the Nigerian Army in the 70's and 80's. In 1984 when Gen.Buhari was advised to retire top military officers, most of who overthrew him and eventually held this Nation to Ransome till 1998, BUHARI was indecisive and lacked the boldness to act like a C-in-C. The Question is, if Buhari had acted like a leader, will Nigeria be where it is today? Buhari failed yesterday,Nigeria is past him and we can't go back to 1985 to get a leader for Nigeria in 2015. I like his passion but as he demonstrated in the past, a 'passionate man' does not necessarily make a 'good leader!.

He doesn't seem to understand this fact, if he does, he won't stick up his head seeking for power again...Nigeria needs more than a passionate leader, she needs leaders with high level of new ideas, leaders with the ability to take crucial decisions when need be, not someone Like Buhari, obviously not...nice one Oman.
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
Villain

1 Like

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by miteolu(m): 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
Scoundrel Poisonous villain

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by aryzgreat: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
treacherous villain

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by NaijaNaWaa: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
Buhari is bloody blood sucking villain. A very wicked dictator. A tribalist and Islamic fundamentalist that cares less about anyone who's not like him. I pity anyone who follows him.and his hirelings like El Rufai and Sanusi.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by ebamma(m): 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
are u biased in your judgement of general buhari or what?, the person i hold responsible for ruining dis country is general obasanjo, for the eight years he spent in asorock,apart from bringing in MTN what did obasanjo do for the benefit of nigerians in his 8 years as a civilian president?.

4 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by BeraBera(f): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
Thinking of the numerous abuse to human rights during Gen. Bihari's regime, anyone in his right sense of mind would never imagine such a person to lead Nigeria again. He stepped on so many toes and i believe he would still do that again if given the opportunity. Have u guys 4gotten the post-election violence? @OP: my answer to ur question is capital VILLIAN!
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by folex101: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
Gen. Buhari shd bow out and go and rest, does it mean he his the only one dat must rule Nigeria before Nigeria can be great?Any election dat Gen. Buhari does not win according to him is not free and fair, why must he think he is the messiah among 170 million Nigerians.......... Love ur post omanIman....
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by BeraBera(f): 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2012
miteolu: Scoundrel Poisonous villain
I like that!

1 Like

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by Jimkab(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
OmanIman: My father was one of the Hero's of the Biafra War! He told me firsthand stories about top Military officers who were obviously part of that war and the politics that characterized the Nigerian Army in the 70's and 80's. In 1984 when Gen.Buhari was advised to retire top military officers, most of who overthrew him and eventually held this Nation to Ransome till 1998, BUHARI was indecisive and lacked the boldness to act like a C-in-C. The Question is, if Buhari had acted like a leader, will Nigeria be where it is today? Buhari failed yesterday,Nigeria is past him and we can't go back to 1985 to get a leader for Nigeria in 2015. I like his passion but as he demonstrated in the past, a 'passionate man' does not necessarily make a 'good leader'!
P.S
MODERATOR PLS POST THIS ON FRONT PAGE SO PEOPLE CAN CONTRIBUTE AND EXPRESS THEMSELVES.THANK U

Where is your evidence of Gen. Buhari being adised and his ferusal?, who are the top military officers involve. Stop blasphemy this righteous man. Thank God you know he is a passionate man which to you doesn't make a good leader while to reasonable people, it makes a good leader. Gen Muhammad Buhari is forever a Hero in the history of the born and yet to be born generations of this country

19 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by 9jaIhail(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
I have one word for him.Buhari is a woman inside pretending to be a man outside,thanks for idiagbo if not his govt in 80's wouldn't have last up to a month.Secondly he deserve to be in prison as we are talking because he has encouraged many violent and blood has been wasted by his follower through his encouragement.Only in Nigeria a man like Buhari walks free,i bet my last coin it can't happen in Biafra land because Biafra was build with integrity justice unlike Nigeria.
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by NaijaNaWaa: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2012
ebamma: are u biased in your judgement of general buhari or what?, the person i hold responsible for ruining dis country is general obasanjo, for the eight years he spent in asorock,apart from bringing in MTN what did obasanjo do for the benefit of nigerians in his 8 years as a civilian president?.

This thread is not about Obasanjo. It's about the vampire of Katsina. Be rest assured that Obasanjo will be appropriately judged whenever you open a thread on him. For now let's deal with this Boko Haram general.

4 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by Degis(m): 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2012
I was mature and able bodied when Buhari was ruling this country as the Mililtary Head of State, and I can state unequivocally that his regime was pure balderdash. The kind of nonsense the late Yar'Adua wanted to plunge us into. He was taking reactionary steps like changing the currency in one fell swoop, jailing both guilty and innocent people in the name of former politicians, making retroactive decrees, forcing people to state home in the name of evironmental sanitation instead of employing the illiterate unemployed, retrenching civil servants, demolishing the stalls of the petty trader in the market and arresting shop less traders on the street.

His regime characterized double standard especially the case of the 53 suitcases owned by an Emir up north that was not checked at the customs on the orders of his ADC,but was suspected to have contained money, which was against the extant rules then. It is clearly evident from the foregoing that policy reversals, somersault, vindictiveness of the average Hausa-fulani and die hard military hangover mentality will characterize his regime if elected as the President
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by Seamah: 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
Surely not a hero. The first time he contested, i actually voted for him out of naivety. But then i took time to look into his antecedents and his present activkities, the truth is, in a sane society Buhari will be in Guantanamo bay prison, under close monitoring. Only a deranged mind can concieve some of his utterances. Buhri as a president again in this country?... Only if we are back to the stone age

1 Like

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by egift(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
Poster, now that you so much love Jonathan - "Is it that he have sacked all the Generals?".

And by your assertion, can we also blame Jonathan for all the greedy men that will come to power in the next 10-15yrs? Your hatred for Buhari is running you mad.

So just because there is high possibility of Buhari's presidency to stop these guys looting us dry and strengthen government agencies to do better - you all are going crazy with your reasoning and accusations? Face front, open your mouth and enjoy the adulterated fresh odor from Jona and be quite!

10 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by BeraBera(f): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
Jimkab:
Where is your evidence of Gen. Buhari being adised and his ferusal?, who are the top military officers involve. Stop blasphemy this righteous man. Thank God you know he is a passionate man which to you doesn't make a good leader while to reasonable people, it makes a good leader. Gen Muhammad Buhari is forever a Hero in the history of the born and yet to be born generations of this country
: guy see ur English sef, "being adised and his ferusal?". Ur English is so buharilized shocked

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by HammedSodiqq: 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
@Ebamma. I may not be an ardent supporter of Obasanjo, but when he is compared to figures like Buhari, then Obasanjo is a saint. Obasanjo contributed in no small measure to the stability we are enjoying. Buhari is not a democrat, and must not reap the benefits of democracy especially being voted in an election. He truncated, Our democracy and when others have fought to restore it, he rears his head to reap its fruits. He should bury his head in shame.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by otokx(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
Definitely not a hero
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by 9jaIhail(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
Jimkab:

Here is one of his apologist.Continue deceiving yourself,Buhari Righteous man? hehehe I am not surprise anyway only in the northern Nigeria murderers are celebrated as righteous,after all some of you northerners already sees Boko Haram leaders al bu qaqa and co as righteous men as well hence they are fighting your so call jihad aka holy war and 77 virgins await them in heavenhell fire,but come to think of it isn't 77 virgins too much for one man to handle? brainwashed fellows.
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
Buhari is an azzhole!!!!
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by 9jaIhail(m): 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
BeraBera: : guy see ur English sef, "being adised and his ferusal?". Ur English is so buharilized shocked

Oboy i tire for that kind engirish oooo i thought i was the only one who noticed that his engirish is totally buharilized lol hehehe

1 Like

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by texazzpete(m): 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
Smh.
Up until now, no one has been able to post any logical and coherent evidence linking Buhari to Boko Haram. Still the lies keep flying.

10 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by akigbemaru: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
A fraud.
Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by Jimkab(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
BeraBera: : guy see ur English sef, "being adised and his ferusal?". Ur English is so buharilized shocked
it's just because I was in an hurry while typing to quickly respond to the question. Don't run away from the truth 'cos of typographical error. BUHARI IS A HERO

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by Jimkab(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Here is one of his apologist.Continue deceiving yourself,Buhari Righteous man? hehehe I am not surprise anyway only in the northern Nigeria murderers are celebrated as righteous,after all some of you northerners already sees Boko Haram leaders al bu qaqa and co as righteous men as well hence they are fighting your so call jihad aka holy war and 77 virgins await them in heavenhell fire,but come to think of it isn't 77 virgins too much for one man to handle? brainwashed fellows.
You are a fool 'cos u lack knowledge of the basic things about Islam and you don't want to know. BUHARI IS A HERO.

4 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by lucabrasi(m): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
i am still at a loss why you have single buhari out.there are many military and civillian leaders for that matter who are still alive today who played decisive roles in the way nigeria has turned out today.
irrespective of whatever negative role ascribed to buhari,its still on record that during his and idiagbon's regime corruption which is the cancer ravaging nigeria and africa was stiffled to a minimum by their zero tolerance. indiscipline with the wai including other forward looking policies was promulgated and we all know the country would have been transformed had they been given a chance to rule for longer

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by olyivy(f): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
[size=14pt]The weeping/bomber/bigot/extremist/illiterate general is a VILLAIN![/size]

1 Like

Re: General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain by olyivy(f): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
i forgot to add corper killing general

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon / Breaking- Former Gov TA Orji Arrested With Son / Abia State Government Reacts To Attack On Ubani Market Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.