Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

The Tango Into Eternity - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Tango Into Eternity (835 Views)

Builders For Eternity?_ A Short Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tango Into Eternity by beneli(m): 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2007
This is NOT an extract from my book!

In a recent post I mentioned that one of the motivations of the artist is an unconscious exhibitionistic streak-a desire to expose his "unclothedness" and that in doing so he will always find the Viewer who will engage him in that metaphoric tango, which he seeks…

Let’s pause for a while and capture the images in our minds.
Picture the exhibitionist and the Viewer both engaged in a tango-with the celestial music playing in the background-as they waltz away on a stage, which is bereft of the limitations of time and space.

I will not make any references to dictionary definitions of “exhibitionism” and “voyeurism” because that would be too pedestrian…too prosaic. I prefer instead to engage our fantasies-for that is the true calling of the artist-to transform the mundane with the tools of his trade into something exciting…something exotic.

So, picture for a moment longer the tango of the reader and the read.
The words speak to you across the limitations of space and time; the voice of it will be heard even unto tomorrow and will continue to echo in your soul’s way past the day, when the writer has taken his bow from this corporeal stage…

That is the metaphorical Tango I talk about-the tango, which inspires those of us who dare to call ourselves Wordsmiths…and who through our words, bare our souls to the world, not caring what really happens to the words once they have been created.

And that is why the Wordsmith is an exhibitionist; his pleasure is not really from being read, but in being able to set the words free…

(1) (Reply)

New Ukrainian Invitation Letter For Studies / A Book Means Something / Is There Any Resource Available On Christianity & Religious Spirits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.