Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! (8919 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? / A Married Woman Is Dying 2 Date Me At Nysc Camp! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by bendazum: 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
The various NYSC camps in Nigeria is ridden with Thieves who steal from Phones,other personal effects upto common underwear.Even beggars are not left out as they would like you to share almost everything you have thereby constituting a great nuisance.What are your suggestions in dealing with these two headaches.Pls don't get me wrong it's NO crime to share with others.We should be our brothers' keepers but with wisdom.Leaving your bag and going for parade etc doesn't thieves tear open those bags to STEAL?
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by deltateam: 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2012
Thieves?You must be kidding me.Aren't there security measures on ground?
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Fiver: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
What do you mean?> the hist communities rob students or they break into the camps?

and the beggars do they live in there or there just come around?
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Kirinwa: 1:44am On Jul 03, 2012
Fiver: What do you mean?> the hist communities rob students or they break into the camps?

and the beggars do they live in there or there just come around?

Students beg students, students rob students. All of them pests!
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Fiver: 8:27am On Jul 03, 2012
Na wa o

so where do student keep their rucksacks, does that mean i have to strap my rucksack and waist bag 24/7?
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Kirinwa: 8:33am On Jul 03, 2012
Fiver: Na wa o

so where do student keep their rucksacks, does that mean i have to strap my rucksack and waist bag 24/7?

Omo na jungle but you gat to cooperate with your roommates o.As regards waist bag.Na to carry am everywhere o.
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by jesro0908: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2012
What do you mean?> the hist communities rob students or they break into the camps?[img]http://www.keyforex.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Fiver: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2012
jesro0908: What do you mean?> the hist communities rob students or they break into the camps?[img]http://www.keyforex.info/g.gif[/img]

Host** i meant
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Nosu(m): 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
It all depend onm ur camp and its hostels.
Generally, dat is y u are encourage to bag a waist bag, so dat ur phones and other tins like wallet can b kept and carry wit u
Also ur bag should hv a lock so dat it wil hard for someone to run into ur corner and jst take anytin
Make friends with mostly d corpers around ur space so dat they can watch over ur tins when they are around.
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by chemberlin(m): 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
If u say so I agree with u, now even the officers used the camp for business, imagine in osun state where electricity is one of the best in d country, corpers cannot charge their phone, instead u will pay 50naira to charge...plz help them out
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by dejiswaggs(m): 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
thief ke!? Lol grin omo boys go buy padlock ohhh!!
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by hardbody: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
It wount hurt to arm yourselves with brownies or other smaller pistols, stun guns or in the least, bangers. Agree a time in the night when y'll can come out and shoot/throw enough bangers to letthe host community know that you are well prepared incase they have other funny ideas. I tell you, even the least of you corpers will be dreaded as teh story will go round that this set of corpers are all armed by the federal government.
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
Fiver: Na wa o

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by mystikal(m): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
Waist Bag is a common feature in camp. Except you are extremely careless you wont lose a thing. But i hear girls have a habit of stealing undergarments and other little attractive female items.
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Fiver: 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
chemberlin: If u say so I agree with u, now even the officers used the camp for business, imagine in osun state where electricity is one of the best in d country, corpers cannot charge their phone, instead u will pay 50naira to charge...plz help them out

In the rooms/hostels do you have sockets?
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by wandeay: 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
play safe
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by infofirst(m): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
wandeay: play safe
gbam
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by forkinsonlolo(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
osun state is the best camp... i camped there in march.. check ur room very well,, each hostel is having two to three socket... i miss that camp >:
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by jaymdee(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
Yea, Osun State has the best camp Nationwide. I enjoyed my 3weeks camp and the whole service year. The few sockets in the halls are usually in use by room mates so you'll have to patronise chargers at mammy market for N50. Well, just be vigilant and minimise the use of your phones. Also, keep your waist pouch strapped when even going to the bathroom or toilet. GoodLuck.
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Waxx: 7:33am On Jul 04, 2012
tongue[color=#770077][/color]Brace urself... shikena.
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by archy86(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2012
jaymdee: Yea, Osun State has the best camp Nationwide. I enjoyed my 3weeks camp and the whole service year. The few sockets in the halls are usually in use by room mates so you'll have to patronise chargers at mammy market for N50. Well, just be vigilant and minimise the use of your phones. Also, keep your waist pouch strapped when even going to the bathroom or toilet. GoodLuck.
If dats d case, wont it b cheaper 4 u n ur roomates 2 contribute n buy an extension or beta still, buy it urself so u dont hav 2 argue about ownership after camp?
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by Fiver: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2012
no need to argue after camp, how much is extension, leave it for anyone that needs it or in fact dash mama at the mammy market to make more money smiley
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by CrazyMan(m): 6:46am On Jun 22, 2013
deltateam: Thieves?You must be kidding me.Aren't there security measures on ground?
Students steal from each other....its a normal thing in camp, that's the more reason why you have to guard your belongings properly.
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by bashirabdulrahm: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2015
ONE MORE DAY LEFT FELLOW OTONDOS IF U YET TO RECTIFY URS CALL 08180764085 FOR INSTANT CORRECTION OF D.O.B OR EXEMPTION ISSUE. AM OUT..
Re: NYSC Camp: Beware Of Thieves And Beggars! by JustSkb: 7:06am On Dec 02, 2022
NYSC: 2022 BATCH C I & C II

For:
- Direct posting
- Relocation
- PPA
Payment on approval.

Call/Whatsapp:

Group link: https:///LY87EV9BaSo6Snh96HN2F5

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Corps Members Protest Unpaid Allowance / Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? / How To Know Ur Nysc Mobilization Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.